PEx Highlights

2014 UAAP Cheerdance Competition Preview

Will the NU Cheer Squadron retain or will we see a new cheer champion? Check out our primer for the upcoming UAAP Cheerdance Competition!

read more

PHOTOS: Ateneo Stuns FEU with Comeback Win

The Ateneo Blue Eagles overcame a 19-point deficit in the fourth quarter against the FEU Tamaraws, securing a 68-64 victory and the top seed in the Final Four.

read more

PHOTOS: NU Retains Cheerdance Championship

Got the Cheerdance Competition hangover? Relive the highlights from our photo gallery here!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: Norte, Hangganan ng Kasaysayan

Intricately written and shot. Norte is a true cinematic masterpiece

read more

FEATURE: Basketball Players as Endorsers

JPM lists down memorable TVCs of various PBA personalities of the past and the present and the brands that they have endorsed during their days in the league.

read more

PROMO: The Maze Runner

Get a chance to win advance screening tickets to The Maze Runner!

read more

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25
    bann3d by myself
    ^
    NAG REDSHIRT siya for a year hindi siya galing sa school na pinipilit lumusot pero kung tutuusin hindi dapat siya nag ganun

Quote Originally Posted by greencm View Post
    Good one. But he didn't redshirt as earlier mentioned by another poster as he was qualified to play immediately.
    Wrong. Tallo was not qualified to play for DLSU right away because Tallo decided to play for DLSU in the middle of June after the DLSU school year had already started. Remember, DLSU is on the quarter system and their school year starts sometime in May while the other UAAP schools are on the semester system and their school year starts sometime in June. Had Tallo decided to leave Katipunan for Taft before ADMU brought him along to Vegas for training, Tallo would have made the DLSU roster as he would have been registered at the beginning of the school year.

DLSU brought only 15 players to train in Chicago last year. The team dropped Elorde and a former JRU player who eventually found his way to UST from varsity. Did the DLSU team management wait on Tallo to make a late decision? If yes, Tallo waited to long to decide and DLSU was forced to fill the open slot with a homegrown big.

Good one. But he didn't redshirt as earlier mentioned by another poster as he was qualified to play immediately.
    He did for one year iirc. Parks was seen as a foreigner therefore had to redshirt for two years, but they were able to convince that he's not a foreigner and was then allowed to play the next year.

AJ Hanson (Filipino-Canadian) is undergoing a 2-year residency.

But he did redshirt for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by count_robby View Post
    someone forgot to take his meds...
    sino? ikaw?

Laker fan for life
    It's threads like this that made me leave PeX for 5 years...

any predictions on who will make it in the DLSU final 15?

PG- REVILLA
    SG-TAMPUS
    SF-TENG
    PF-ANDRADA
    C-TORRES

2nd UNIT
    PG-TALLO
    SG-VOSOTROS
    SF- DELA PAZ
    PF-GOTLADERA
    C- VAN OPSTAL

3rd UNIT
    PG-T.TORRES
    SG-JED MANGUERA
    SF- WEBB
    PF- MENDOZA
    C- PAREDES

projected lang

Dropped:

HERRERA, MARATA, M. REYES and G. REYES

Quote Originally Posted by asero View Post
    any predictions on who will make it in the DLSU final 15?
    15 man lineup ba for UAAP MBT Season 75? last year 16 man lineup for each team, can anyone give us explanation on the new rules

Quote Originally Posted by nash_bedista View Post
    PG- REVILLA
    SG-TAMPUS
    SF-TENG
    PF-ANDRADA
    C-TORRES

2nd UNIT
    PG-TALLO
    SG-VOSOTROS
    SF- DELA PAZ
    PF-GOTLADERA
    C- VAN OPSTAL

3rd UNIT
    PG-T.TORRES
    SG-JED MANGUERA
    SF- WEBB
    PF- MENDOZA
    C- PAREDES

projected lang

Dropped:

HERRERA, MARATA, M. REYES and G. REYES
    Looks like a formidable, deep lineup for the Green Archers. Anytime you have Papot Paredes and Jovet Mendoza as your third string bigs says a lot of the collection of talent La Salle will parade in this season's UAAP wars (though I believe both may play more minutes than Gotladera).

Some observations during just concluded Ateneo-La Salle game:

• For the past two years, DLSU has owned Ateneo in the preseason. I believe that's 3 wins in a row. Of course the UAAP is a different story altogether.
    • Thank god Jun Limpot has taken over the big man coach reins away from the totally inept Yturri. Norbert Torres has developed leaps and bounds and just totally dominated Golla, Eram and Chua.
    • Jeron Teng is the real deal. Talent aside, the rookie showed exemplary guts, heart and character throughout the game, even when baited into a mano-y-mano face off by Ryan Buenafe. And that three was clutch. Big things ahead for the most sought after freshman this season.
    • Free throws seem to remain La Salle's waterloo. They absolutely have to improve on this coz it might spell the difference whether they make the final 4 or not.
    • We all know Norman Black's exploits in turning promising but raw big men into legitimate UAAP superstars (Kramer, Arao, Al-Hussaini, Baclao), but he seemed to miss the boat with Frank Golla. Golla's game has deteriorated for two years in a row and he shows no poise nor confidence everytime he's on the floor. Rookie Kris Porter may take his job soon if he doesn't shape up.
    • Ryan Buenafe is back and his presence may be the x-factor in Ateneo's "drive for five".

• Ateneo will miss Eman Monfort and Kirk Long more than everyone may think. The steadiness and backcourt defensive pressure was ominously absent during this particular game. Tiongson and Elorde have their work cut out for them. This backcourt dilemma may be the only obstacle in Ateneo's bid to remain champs.

Quote Originally Posted by strandedstranger View Post
    I read in Gameface that Jeron is 50-50 Ateneo-La Salle. The only thing supposedly going against him going to Ateneo is that he does not want to be in the same team with Kiefer Ravena but with the internal problems in La Salle he might just end up donning the Ateneo colors.

Para kay Jeron, bro masarap manalo.
    Do you guys know that Kiefer Ravena was actually chosen to be Sprite FIZZIT's Ambassador?? He's so cute!! I tried signing up the other day nga to find out if it's true, nakita ko nga siya and actually spoke with him.. He's so nice! Cheers to his achievements! ) We should be proud of him

my projected DLSU lineup, based from what i've watched:

1st five: revilla, manguera, teng, andrada, n. torres

2nd five: tallo, dela paz, tampus, gotladera, van opstal

3rd five: vosotros, g. reyes, webb, mendoza, paredes

16th man: herrera vs. m. reyes (they should decide this with a one-on-one game )

last five: tallo, manguera, teng, andrada, n. torres

Quote Originally Posted by LOLOLOLOL View Post

16th man: herrera vs. m. reyes (they should decide this with a one-on-one game )

I would pay good money to watch that one-on-one game.

I agree with the lineups, Vosotros and Paredes would probably see more minutes than the rest of the 3rd stringers.

you forgot to include Thomas Torres.. with Vosotros playing mostly the SG position, I feel that T. Torres has a big change of making the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamunggoy View Post
    you forgot to include Thomas Torres.. with Vosotros playing mostly the SG position, I feel that T. Torres has a big change of making the team.
    if we're including thomas torres, who are we going to drop? (joshua webb isn't a wrong answer here)

Banned by Admin
    if we're including thomas torres, who are we going to drop? (joshua webb isn't a wrong answer here)
    if you are to ask me, i'm going to have a 16-man line-up that is something like this:

PG: Revilla, Tallo, T. Torres
    PG-SG: Vosotros
    SG: Manguera
    SG-SF: Dela Paz, Tampus, Teng
    SF: Webb
    PF: Herrera
    PF-C: Andrada, Gotladera, Mendoza, Paredes, N. Torres, Van Opstal

how i wish that would be the case!
    since we are short on the SF position, my wild guess both m. reyes and herrera will be cut.

Banned by Admin
    since we are short on the SF position, my wild guess both m. reyes and herrera will be cut.
    actually, butas tayo on both the 2 and 3. why? kasi halos lahat sila are not streak shooters but volume shooters. ang masakit pa nito, inconsistent pa sila.

the last very good streak shooters that we had are Renren and Jvee. hope we could find a way to develop our current crop of SGs and SFs into something like them.

damn, there goes my proposed one-on-one game to settle who between m. reyes and herrera will get the 16th spot!

however, do we really need another point guard? we already have revilla, tallo and vosotros. de la paz can switch from pg to sg, depending on the lineup that gee surrounds him on the floor. vosotros, imo, should stop playing and should be stopped being used as a shooting guard. his permanent job should be a point guard.

and we still need to address outside shooting. NU zoned la salle and totally killed their offense in the fil-oil finals.

damn, there goes my proposed one-on-one game to settle who between m. reyes and herrera will get the 16th spot!

however, do we really need another point guard? we already have revilla, tallo and vosotros. de la paz can switch from pg to sg, depending on the lineup that gee surrounds him on the floor. vosotros, imo, should stop playing and should be stopped being used as a shooting guard. his permanent job should be a point guard.

and we still need to address outside shooting. NU zoned la salle and totally killed their offense in the fil-oil finals.
    Vosotros has been playing mostly the two-guard position, I see him taking that role more consistently this coming season. with the exception of LDP and possibly LA, Vosotros is the only player who can both penetrate and make shots at the perimeter. He and Tallo showed flashes of brilliance playing together in the floor. Where's Marata when we needed him!?!

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25