Welcome to PEX Project Runway, where netizens sketch their way to become the first online fashion superstar! I am Tweet De Lion, your host throughout this competition.
It's going to be a season of beautiful creations and detailed craftsmanship, with the help of guidance and constructive criticisms. I am Joji Cri, the mentor of the designers.
To give you an idea on how this show goes, here are what our aspiring designers will have to go through:
1) Each episode consists of a single challenge related to fashion design that our contestants will have to compete in. The length of time provided for the challenge range from one to three days, depending on the difficulty.
2) There are two types of challenges: Looklet Challenge and the Sketch Challenge.
3) In the Looklet Challenge, each designer must first register an account on looklet.com, where they can style a model according to the challenge brief. The final look must be saved, including the name of the look and the user name. For example:
4) In the Sketch Challenge, the designers must sketch a look according to the challenge brief. The designer may either sketch by hand or use a graphics software. Please note that the sketches should show what the clothes actually look like...
... not an interpretation of the design.
The sketches/ images should be properly signed by the designer, certifying that they are original works and not picked up from Google.
5) The final designs, along with a description not longer than 100 words, should be sent to the server (starczamora) by PM before the deadline. Only the designs that are sent first by the designers will be considered.
6) The designs will be posted on the Runway Thread, wherein it will be judged and critiqued by a select panel of judges.
7) Aside from the judges, viewers can also vote for their favorite design by posting on a separate voting thread. PEXers can only vote for one design in each thread. PEXers registered from Jan 2011 onwards are not allowed to vote.
8) In each episode, the designer with the lowest combined total of judges' scores and viewers' votes will be out.
9) In the finale, the remaining designers must complete a collection consisting of a certain number of looks. The designers will post their designs in their respective Runway Show threads. The judges score the collections as a whole, while the viewers can vote for only one collection. The designer with the highest combined total of judges' score and viewers' votes will be declared PEX Project Runway Winner.
So get ready for a fabulous ride!
Purihin ang bongga, laitin ang chaka!
This is PEX Project Runway!