Singer. Songwriter. Soulful. Versatile. Charming. Funny. Down-to-earth. Idol. Original. The best.
Name: Kelly Brianne Clarkson
Date of birth: April 24th, 1982
Place of birth: Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Hometown: Burleson, Texas, USA
Current residence: South of Fort Worth, Texas and Nashville, Tennessee
Parents: Jeanne Rose and Stephen Michael (divorced)
Siblings: Jason (1973) and Alyssa (1979)
Schools attended: Pauline G. Hughes Middle School and Burleson High School
First public appearance: American Idol, Season 1 (winner)
Albums to date: Thankful (2003), Breakaway (2004), My December (2007), All I Ever Wanted (2009), Stronger (October 2011).
Famous hit songs: Miss Independent, Since U Been Gone, Behind These Hazel Eyes, Because of You, Never Again, My Life Would Suck Without You, Already Gone
- In mid-2011, Kelly and backing singers Jill Pickering and Kate Rapier created a trio, “Already Famous” with Kelly as School Supply, Jill as Sea Side and Kate as Snack Pack. They are recording the songs they have already written in the course of their friendship. When asked about Already Famous’ next project, Kelly admitted that she doesn’t know yet since the idea of the creating the trio just came out of boredom and hadn't expected to be picked up by media.
- Kelly owns a 60-acre ranch in Texas.
- Has 10 dogs. She travels with the two of them: Security (Maltese) and Joplin (Labradoodle).
- On Christmas of 2010, she received a goat for a gift and named it Billy Joel.
- Kelly, with her musician friends, Ashley Arrison, Shane McAnally, JillandKate and Kennedy Noel, headlined a charity concert last December to raise money and awareness for the Houses of Hope orphanages of Zimbabwe and South Africa. She sang an original song, "You Still Don't Know What It's Like" which talks about the children's suffering.
- Kelly and her family established a non-profit organization called "Eddie's Rescue Ranch", adopting animals from harm. The ranch has currently 50 rescued animals varying from dogs, cats, pigs, and horses.
- Kelly drives a 911 Porshe Carrera and admits driving over the limit when in Texas.
- Her first single, "A Moment Like This", set records by jumping from number 52 to the number 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100, breaking the record previously owned by the Beatles. In 2009, she broke her own record by jumping from #98 to #1 with her song, “My Life Would Suck Without You.”
- Esquire Magazine had named Kelly the "best voice in the history of pop music" in its 75 Greatest Women in History list, ranking with the likes of Michelle Obama, Janis Joplin, Angelina Jolie, Princess Diana and more.
- In January 2004, Kelly participated in the first World Idol. She won the second place, after Norway's Idol, Kurt Nilsen.
- Said in a Reader's Digest interview that as a toddler, she would often walk around naked and that, to this day, hates wearing clothes. Calls wardrobe fittings "the death of me".
- Avril Lavigne co-wrote her new single 'Breakaway' which is on the soundtrack for The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (2004).
- Random jobs before Idol: worked at a bookstore, a zoo, a Hollywood Theatre in Burleson, Texas, a cocktail waitress.
- Christina Aguilera co-wrote her hit, "Miss Independent".
- Ranked #92 in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women in the World (2005).
- Considers her Texas home her "sanctuary" and turns off her cell phone when going home.
- Originally wanted to be a marine biologist but changed her mind when she saw the movie Jaws (1975).
- Parents divorced when she was six.
- She is of Greek, Irish, and Welsh descent.
- Underwent LASIK eye surgery to correct her vision
- Kelly stayed up all night before her "American Idol: The Search for a Superstar" (2002) audition so she wouldn't sleep through the alarm, which she frequently did in high school.
- In 2008 Kelly co-headlined the "2 World's 2 Voices" Tour with her idol, Reba McEntire.
- On April 19th, 2008 Kelly who's a Baptist was chosen to sing at the 2008 Papal Youth Rally in Yonkers, NY. At the rally she sang "Walk Away", "Up to the Mountain", and "Since U Been Gone. Towards the end of the rally she came back to the stage and had the privilege of singing "Ave Maria" in front of Pope Benedict the XVI.
- Kelly guest-starred on "Reba" in 2006 as a weather girl in training. At the end of the episode, the cast did a spoof of American Idol, obviously for Kelly Clarkson.
- Kelly is mentioned in the Jonas Brothers' song Year 3000.
- Kelly hates photoshoots. She doesn't like wearing all the fancy clothing. She'd rather just put on some jeans, a cute tank top and a hat and show up at the photoshoop looking like that.
- Kelly was mentioned in the movie, The 40 Year Old Virgin, during the scene in which Steve Carrell's character gets his chest waxed and starts screaming curse words.
- Kelly was once chased by a moose while riding a bike.
- Kelly (along with the other Top 10 Finalists of "American Idol S1") received a bracelet inscribed with "Own the Power" on it from Paula Abdul.
- Kelly is a night person.
- One of Kelly's favorite movies is "The Goonies."
- Kelly suffered from an eating disorder before she found her fame on American Idol. However, she snapped out of it really quickly unlike many celebs. Kelly said her eating disorder only lasted for six months.
- Kelly Clarkson and Barbra Streisand were born on the same date: April 24. Kelly in 1982 and Barbra in 1941.
- Became the first pop artist to have two songs in the top three of Billboard's Pop 100 Airplay chart (Since U Been Gone, Behind These Hazel Eyes)
- Her first single, A Moment Like This, sold nearly 250,000 copies in its first week.
- She is the first artist in the Billboard Radio Monitor era to hold the No. 1 spot at Mainstream Top 40 and AC during the same week with two different songs (Breakaway and Since U Been Gone).