PEx Highlights

FEATURE: Top UAAP Stories in 2014

We take a look back to reflect and celebrate the best stories in the UAAP that happened in the past year.

read more

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

The results are finally here! Find out who won the hearts of the PinoyExchange community in The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards!

read more

PEx Christmas: The PBA Christmas Wishlist

'tis the season of gifts and wishlists! JPM plays Santa's consultant and lists down the best Christmas gift for each PBA team.

read more

Where are you staying this Holiday Season?

Join the Call Center promo and get a chance to win Pizza Inc Gift Certificates!

read more

REVIEW: Laggies

If Laggies was an animal, it will be an old turtle -- slow, old and boring. Read our full review here.

read more

GALLERY: PBA Philippine Cup Semifinals

Check out photos from each game of the PBA Philippine Cup Semis here!

read more

Sun, Oct 19

FINAL

KIA80

Tue, Oct 21

FINAL

NLEX101

Wed, Oct 22

FINAL

Fri, Oct 24

FINAL

Sat, Oct 25

FINAL

KIA55

Sun, Oct 26

FINAL

SMB87

Tue, Oct 28

Wed, Oct 29

FINAL

Fri, Oct 31

FINAL

Sun, Nov 2

FINAL

SMB103

Tue, Nov 4

FINAL

KIA79

Wed, Nov 5

FINAL

FINAL

SMB63

Fri, Nov 7

Sat, Nov 8

FINAL

SMB79

Sun, Nov 9

Tue, Nov 11

FINAL

KIA75

Wed, Nov 12

FINAL

Fri, Nov 14

FINAL

Sat, Nov 15

Sun, Nov 16

FINAL

KIA71

FINAL

SMB79

Tue, Nov 18

Wed, Nov 19

FINAL

FINAL

KIA74
SMB90

Fri, Nov 21

FINAL

NLEX104

FINAL

Sat, Nov 22

Sun, Nov 23

Tue, Nov 25

FINAL

SMB95

Wed, Nov 26

FINAL

KIA77

Fri, Nov 28

FINAL

FINAL

SMB88

Sat, Nov 29

Sun, Nov 30

Tue, Dec 2

FINAL

FINAL

Wed, Dec 3

FINAL

KIA93

Fri, Dec 5

FINAL

SMB101

Sun, Dec 7

FINAL

KIA80

Tue, Dec 9

FINAL

SMB91

Thu, Dec 11

FINAL

Fri, Dec 12

Sun, Dec 14

FINAL

Tue, Dec 16

Thu, Dec 18

Fri, Dec 19

FINAL

SMB109

Sat, Dec 20

Sun, Dec 21

05:00 PMMoA ArenaSMBTALK N TEXT

Mon, Dec 22

04:15 PMMoA ArenaRAIN OR SHINEALASKA

Tue, Dec 23

07:00 PMMoA ArenaSMBTALK N TEXT

Thu, Dec 25

04:15 PMMoA ArenaRAIN OR SHINEALASKA

Fri, Dec 26

07:00 PMMoA ArenaSMBTALK N TEXT
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

PBA: Only 15 players with max salary (350k/mo)

Only 15 PBA plyrs earning maximuum salary of 350k a month...
    PBA release: Salud on salary cap violations issue...

PBA Commissioner Chito Salud yesterday declared that he will not hesitate to throw the book at erring teams if he established proof of alleged salary cap violations.

“Should I find actionable cases of salary cap reach, I will not waste time sanctioning the guilty parties. Violators be warned,” Salud cautioned.

In the same breath, the PBA chieftain also reminded Alaska team owner Wilfred Steven Uytengsu to be careful with his allegations of salary cap
    violations by some teams.

During a press conference last Thursday, the outspoken executive said his team would leave the PBA if the league can’t control salary cap
    violations.

“The matters that he brought up, particularly the alleged violations of salary cap, are critical issues which must be discussed in reasonable manner, primarily within the confines of the PBA board
    room.

“To be clear, what Mr. Uytengsu advocates -- the upholding of the rules of the league -- is also my advocacy. I believe that the vast majority of our players and team officials abide by the rules, so it
    is unfair to tar them with sweeping statements,” Salud said.

“Let’s call a spade, a spade. By its very nature, this is one issue where proof is hard to come by and inuendos easy to make. But it does not mean it does not happen.”

At present there are 15 players who are being paid the maximum salary out of the 140 or so players with live contracts in the PBA.

Salud revealed they are being monitored by the Commissioner’s Office along with other players who are being paid close to the maximum
    salary.

He stressed that he has taken a pro-active position on the matter, but with discretion on the issue by not being vocal about it to prevent a trial by publicity.

“There are legitimate reasons for a player to move from one team to another; better chance at a championship, better coach-player chemistry, more playing time, etc. In short, it’s not just about the
    money,” Salud stressed.

Salud stressed that he strictly examines player movement and decides to look deeper into it if he finds reason to so.

He said it is not true that nothing can be done to address the issue.

“I can bring in external parties, if necessary, to allow for deeper scrutiny.

“I will consult with all the team owners individually and harness their collective experience and viewpoint on the matter to resolve
    once and for all accusations of salary cap violations,” he said.

thepbaologist D'PBAologist-uknowme
    Alaska - 4 (LA,Thoss,Cyrus ?)
    BMeg - 3 (J.Yap, JDV, ?)
    TNT - 2 (Alapag, KW ?)
    Meralco - 2 (Cadong, Sol?)
    A21 - 1 (Seigle?)
    Powerade - 1 (David?)
    RoS - 1 (Norwood?)
    BGK - 1 (MC47?)
    PBB - 0
    Shopinas - 0

Bold part were my guesses.

Hindi pa kasama yung mga newly signed diyan siguro. For BGK na lang, MC signed an 8.4 million two year extension while Menk opted for a 1 yr deal also worth the max of 4.2 million. Diyan pa lang dalawa na agad for BGK. Baka hindi pa updated yung nakuha ni fmango.

Mississippi River DacksonDominion's Avatar
    Alaska-4, BMeg-3, TNT-2, Meralco-2, A21-1, Powerade-1, RoS-1, BGK-1.

@traxxcam
    @thepbaologist LA,thoss,cb3,tdlc,jyap,joe,kerby,alapag,kelly,cardona,mercado, seigle, david, norwood, caguiao??? am i right?

@traxxcam 11 correct

sino hindi max salary jan? between these 3 siguro and hindi nakaka-tanggap (as declared by PBA Office): Seigle, (maybe its DH for Air21), Kelly (Ranidel) and Alapag (Reyes or Castro).

Quote Originally Posted by BrutteForce View Post
    Hindi pa kasama yung mga newly signed diyan siguro. For BGK na lang, MC signed an 8.4 million two year extension while Menk opted for a 1 yr deal also worth the max of 4.2 million. Diyan pa lang dalawa na agad for BGK. Baka hindi pa updated yung nakuha ni fmango.
    Existing lists siguro yan and most likely nga di pa kasama yung mga recently renewed/negotiated contract. But just the same, something to discuss about...

Quote Originally Posted by DacksonDominion View Post
    Alaska-4, BMeg-3, TNT-2, Meralco-2, A21-1, Powerade-1, RoS-1, BGK-1.

@traxxcam
    @thepbaologist LA,thoss,cb3,tdlc,jyap,joe,kerby,alapag,kelly,cardona,mercado, seigle, david, norwood, caguiao??? am i right?

@traxxcam 11 correct

sino hindi max salary jan? between these 3 siguro and hindi nakaka-tanggap (as declared by PBA Office): Seigle, (maybe its DH for Air21), Kelly (Ranidel) and Alapag (Reyes or Castro).
    Di pa updated yung list. Kerby pa lang hindi pa nga nagsign ng new contract eh. Pano kung yung next contract niya hindi na max.

Alaska - 4 (LA, Thoss, Cyrus, TDLC)
    BMeg - 3 (J.Yap, JDV, Pingris)
    TNT - 2 (Alapag, KWill)
    Meralco - 2 (Cardona, Asi)
    Air21 - 1 (Miller)
    Powerade - 1 (Espino)
    RoS - 1 (Norwood)
    BGK - 1 (MC47)

Mississippi River DacksonDominion's Avatar
    @bforce, yes! hindi pa updated yan. kung last season ang basis ng list of players na yan, kasama jan si Kerby kasi kaka-expired lang naman ng contract nya.

========

mukhang sa bonuses and other allowances bumabawi sila Arwind and JWASH!

Are these 15 receiving max contracts last year? Or are these also current?

The reason why I asked that is because BGK only has 1 max player according to the report. IIRC, I just read in another thread that Menk was resigned for 1 year worth 4.2 M and Caguioa for 2 yrs worth 8.4 M. If you do the math, that's 350k/month, which means they're both max players. I highly doubt if any of these 2 guys was receiving less last year.

And Petron has 0??? Danny I, J-Wash and Arwind receive less than max?

Hmmm.

I think Air21 contracts pa ang hawak nila Arwind at Gary David. We know Air21 ayaw ng max salary. JWash sa SMB na nag renew after nung trade with Jason Castro. Maybe kung hindi siya Max sa Base pay, malaki siguro Bonuses niya.

Si Espino SLR contract parin hawak niya. Last year ng contract niya ngayon sa Powerade.

Sa SLR, Max contract silang 3 nina K-Will, Marlou Aquino & Espino.

Si Willie Miller max contract niya from BGK.

While si Asi matagal nang rumor na double ng max allowable salary ang sinasahod niya.

Quote Originally Posted by DacksonDominion View Post
    @bforce, yes! hindi pa updated yan. kung last season ang basis ng list of players na yan, kasama jan si Kerby kasi kaka-expired lang naman ng contract nya.

========

mukhang sa bonuses and other allowances bumabawi sila Arwind and JWASH!
    I don't know if SMB inherited Arwind's contract from Air21 or not. But after his dismal showing in his two Finals stint with SMB, the management may have decided not to give him the max salary for his contract extension. Which is right. You only give max contracts to those who perform above what they are capable of especially during the finals and also dun sa mga may napatunayan na. Ngayon lang naman siya nagpakita last Gov's Cup. On JWash case, I remember when he is cooling his heels on TnT's bench. Let's remember that when he joined SMB he was not the player that he is right now. So when he signed his previous contract, he is not yet a max type of a player. After two successive BPC award, he is now eligible for a max contract extension when his current contract expires.

But with the championship of SMB/Petron this past Govs Cup, I'm pretty sure malaki laking bonuses ang nakuha ng mga players lalo na si Arwind. Sa TnT brand new car pa ang bonus. Sino naman ang aayaw sa ganun. Question is bawal ba sa league rules na magbigay ng bonus like brand new cars? Only the PBA office can answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashi View Post
    I think Air21 contracts pa ang hawak nila Arwind at Gary David. We know Air21 ayaw ng max salary. JWash sa SMB na nag renew after nung trade with Jason Castro. Maybe kung hindi siya Max sa Base pay, malaki siguro Bonuses niya.

Si Espino SLR contract parin hawak niya. Last year ng contract niya ngayon sa Powerade.

Sa SLR, Max contract silang 3 nina K-Will, Marlou Aquino & Espino.

Si Willie Miller max contract niya from BGK.

While si Asi matagal nang rumor na double ng max allowable salary ang sinasahod niya.
    IMHO JWash is not yet a max type of a player when he joined SMB. Bangko pa nga siya sa rotation ng TnT and he is still raw. Now I can say na after his current contract expires, eligible na siya for a max contract extension. He has proven himself already.

LOL to those fans na gigil na gigil mag tanggol sa mga team nila... maliwanag pa sa sikat ng araw ang nangyayari sa PBA, tama na ang pagiging fantard. Just admit it, your team cant compete if they will not cheat... that simple

Are you saying that we give a max contract to a player na hindi pa naman hinog at deserving? I'm not a GM of a team but I know which players deserve a max contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess24 View Post
    Are these 15 receiving max contracts last year? Or are these also current?

The reason why I asked that is because BGK only has 1 max player according to the report. IIRC, I just read in another thread that Menk was resigned for 1 year worth 4.2 M and Caguioa for 2 yrs worth 8.4 M. If you do the math, that's 350k/month, which means they're both max players. I highly doubt if any of these 2 guys was receiving less last year.

And Petron has 0??? Danny I, J-Wash and Arwind receive less than max?

Hmmm.
    You are correct with Danny I. Same pedigree lang sila ni Menk. Kaya dapat max contract din siya.

16. Sep 5, 2011, 06:11 PM

17. Sep 5, 2011, 06:13 PM

baka maging "fiesta" thread ito...

happy fiesta...

Laki pala magpa-sweldo ng Alaska, bakit sila inaayawan?

Quote Originally Posted by ksb1025 View Post
    Laki pala magpa-sweldo ng Alaska, bakit sila inaayawan?
    1.5 months lang daw ang championship bonus

Quote Originally Posted by asero View Post
    1.5 months lang daw ang championship bonus
    Bukod sa brand new car magkano ba championship bonus ng TNT daw?

I think nung pag transfer ni Arwind Santos sa SMB, eh new contract na yun kase 3 years diba ang rookie contract? 3 years yata sya sa Air21/Burger King... so bagong contract na yung kay Arwind sa SMB...

kay Jwash siguro ang old contract kase trade sya nung napunta sa SMB...

kung may max player sa SMB malamang si Danny I na yun... or baka nde sila max pero yung kulang na sweldo para sa max is nahulog as bonus (at least nde malaki yung tax nila, kase kukurakutin lang yun ng politiko dito...)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast