PEx Highlights

MOVIE REVIEW: The Giver

Very promising, but tries too hard to fit in the mold of the Hunger Games/Divergent series.

read more

FEATURE: 2014 PBA Draft Grades

Did your team get the right pick? JPM dissects and grades each team's performance in the 2014 PBA Draft.

read more

Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter!

Catch our latest updates on Twitter! Follow us, @pinoyexchange

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 7

With wins over UST and DLSU, the past week in UAAP can be summed up in three letters: FEU. Check out this week's power rankings here!

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Tamaraws Claim Top Seed

Mike Tolomia's late-game heroics helped FEU get sole possession of the number 1 seed, after a 74-70 victory over La Salle.

read more

PHOTOS: Daquis Bags V-League MVP Plum

Wonder who won the other awards? Check out the Shakey's V-League Awarding gallery here!

read more

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast
    @iron_chef
    Swollen lymph nodes are usually palpable and may be tender to touch. Any particular reason why you're concerned? How big were the ones that you felt under your arm?

Lympyh nodes are best assessed by palpation rather than visual inspection (unless it is of significant size) and then if it's suspicious, a biopsy may be needed.

Some lymph nodes are arranged in groups to drain lymph fluid from specific areas of the body. Some of these are found in the neck, behind the ears, armpit, inguinal area (singit), popliteal area (back of the knees), etc. You may have noticed your doctor palpating these areas during a routine medical examination.

In some people, they can be easily palpable while in others they are not. If you're currently sick or just recovering from an infection, in most cases, lymph nodes in that specific area (eg. cough & colds -- neck, near the chin) will be palpable and may be tender to touch but this resolves on its own after a few weeks.

If, however, it doesn't seem to resolve, try to palpate it (if it doesn't hurt) and approximate the size (eg. munggo bean, corn kernel, 25c, etc.). Anything bigger than a 25 centavo coin should be suspicious, especially if with other symptoms. Observe for up to 6 months on whether it changes in size, texture or appearance. If it does, consult your doctor for a full evaluation.

Yung wife ko ay may kulani din sa left and right underarms nya, ang problema sumasakit at may lumalabas na liquid na may amoy..do you know this symptoms? anu po ba ang pwede naming gawin?
    thank you po.

Surgeon in the House
    Quote Originally Posted by popoyfield View Post
    Yung wife ko ay may kulani din sa left and right underarms nya, ang problema sumasakit at may lumalabas na liquid na may amoy..do you know this symptoms? anu po ba ang pwede naming gawin?
    thank you po.
    It could be an infected sebaceous cyst or hydradenitis suppurativa. Please see your doctor.

bukol or kulani s kilikili

hi doc ask ko *** po...*** bf q po kc my bukol sa kilikili nya matigas po xea peo ndi masakit nd mg'2 months n po kc...*** namn po xea iba nararamdan bukod dun...anu po kaya un.....tnx po...
    nag'woworry n po tlaga ** dun eh

Surgeon in the House
    Quote Originally Posted by ymorie View Post
    hi doc ask ko *** po...*** bf q po kc my bukol sa kilikili nya matigas po xea peo ndi masakit nd mg'2 months n po kc...*** namn po xea iba nararamdan bukod dun...anu po kaya un.....tnx po...
    nag'woworry n po tlaga ** dun eh
    Pain and swelling is a sign of inflammation. Most commonly this is due to infection. Have your friend be seen by a doctor.

Please avoid Textspeak in this forum.
    Please refer to this thread:
    http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/...d.php?t=297169

Swollen Lymph Nodes --- HELP!!!

Hi. I have had several swollen lymph nodes in the right side of my neck for about a week now. A week ago, the largest one was about one centimeter across -- the other ones (there were about 4 total) were a bit smaller. They were movable and a bit painful. When I felt them in my neck, I panicked (being the hypochondriac that I am) and went to a doctor (an ENT) right away. She told me that they were a bit enlarged but were movable so it could be an infection. She prescribed me 7 days of levofloxacin 500mg, once daily; but, here I am, a week after and my lymph nodes got bigger (the biggest one now about 2 cms across) and more painful -- the right side of my neck now hurts. While taking levofloxacin, I tried applying warm compresses and cold compresses (I researched this online and got info that they could help swollen lymph nodes) on my neck to no avail. I have had no other symptoms aside from a slightly sore throat (but not really too significant) and a low-grade fever. Growing up, I have gone through various bacterial and viral infections and I have never had lymph nodes this big ever so I am really worried. By the way, my doctor ordered to have a chest x-ray to find out if I had TB or a lung infection and it was negative. I also had several blood tests done -- CBC (all normal values), ESR (slightly elevated, normal should be less than 20 mm/hr mine was 38 mm/hr), CRP (negative) and Peripheral Blood Smear (no abnormal cells found). I am very afraid that this might be cancer or something and reading stuff off the internet is not helping my anxiety at all. Also, I have been a bit stressed out lately but have not had a serious illness (fever, cough, colds) for the past six months. I am a female, 28, a smoker of 2 sticks a day and apart from what I am experiencing now, previously perfectly healthy -- no other known medical conditions. Any advice or has anyone here had this problem before? Thank you in advance.

7. Sep 2, 2010, 05:15 PM
    Reason
    spam

How is your lymph node now?

a few days ago,may nhawakan ako na parang pimple salikod ng ear hole ko left side. so pinisil ko, then parang may lumabas na white, parang pus na may blood. I ignored it lang, tapos nung nahawakan ko ulit, meron pa ata. so inulit ko *** pisil and then parang water na may blood na lang ang lumalabas.

yesterday, i felt na sumakit leeg ko., when i touched it. parang may ball na malambot na maga. un ba ang kulani? i never had one eh.masakit sya.pro wala ko fever. sbi nila kung kulani daw may fever. so i took antibiotic 250mg, now medyo wala na maga.pero andun pa ** *** parang ball and mdyo sakit pa.

anu ba *** kulani? iv had swollen lymph nodes before especially kung mgkasipon ako, pero hindi ganto un. tsaka nwawala un, sandali ***. im realy scared, geting paranoid na. please help! thanks!

Surgeon in the House
    You dont have to worry. Your lymph nodes seem to be reactive due to a previous infection. It wll regress. For your peace of mind please see your doctor.

And by the way, I advise you to sway from self prescribing with antibiotics. Underdosing might lead to the production resistant bacteria which will render your antibiotic useless.

Quote Originally Posted by luckmae View Post
    a few days ago,may nhawakan ako na parang pimple salikod ng ear hole ko left side. so pinisil ko, then parang may lumabas na white, parang pus na may blood. I ignored it lang, tapos nung nahawakan ko ulit, meron pa ata. so inulit ko *** pisil and then parang water na may blood na lang ang lumalabas.

yesterday, i felt na sumakit leeg ko., when i touched it. parang may ball na malambot na maga. un ba ang kulani? i never had one eh.masakit sya.pro wala ko fever. sbi nila kung kulani daw may fever. so i took antibiotic 250mg, now medyo wala na maga.pero andun pa ** *** parang ball and mdyo sakit pa.

anu ba *** kulani? iv had swollen lymph nodes before especially kung mgkasipon ako, pero hindi ganto un. tsaka nwawala un, sandali ***. im realy scared, geting paranoid na. please help! thanks!

Kulani rin ba mga Sir at Mam ang magiging resulta kapag binutas ko yung pimple ko or yung mga white heads ko sa mukha? lately kasi may pimple ako na tumigas na, so binunot ko. tapos ngayon may umusling balat na kapag pinipisa ko, dugo na ang lumalabas...
    ngayon kapag nakakapa ko siya, hindi ko pinapakelamanan, baka kasi lumaki.
    another one is ugali ko kasing mag-shave ng pubic hair ko.
    minsan nasusugat yung sa singit ko, tsaka sa may parteng base ng 3tits ko.
    dun sa mga nagkasugat na iyon, umusli yung kulani...
    ang laki nga kasi binubutas ko kapag naiirita ako.
    siguro mag-3months na yung kulani ko sa singit ko,bale 3 itong nasa private part ko. hindi naman masakit, as in wala akong nararamdaman.
    nakakairita lang kasi kapag naliligo ako, nasasagi ko. hindi ko na din makalbo ang pubic hair ko, kasi ang hirap ng ahitin sa parteng may umusling bilog na balat.
    im planning to see a dermatologist. (yung magandang dermatologist para hawakan yung 3tits ko, kasi meron nga din sa base nya) hehehe!
    tama ba ang gagawin kong hakbang?

Unhappy *Need Help* Enlarged Lymph node on side of neck

Good Afternoon to all.
    Need help po pls..

may malaking kulani (Enlarged Lymph node) po kasi ang wife ko sa lower right side ng neck nya almost 1inch po ang size.
    nagpacheck up po sya last week and the doctor gave her some medication para lumiit *** kulani, then if hindi daw lumiit after a week kailangan na operahan.

nag pacheck up po ulit sya today at ang sabi sa kanya kailangan daw i-biopsy muna bago operahan.

bago lumaki yung kulani nya, lagi syang nadaing na nasakit ang balikat nya.

magkano po ang biopsy dito sa pinas?
    ano po ang possible cause bakit nagkaroon sya nun?

The most common cause of enlarged lymph nodes is infection. The doctor probably gave her somthing for it to see kung magrerespond.

Enlarged lymph nodes in the neck area MAY also be a sign of cancer, most commonly from the mouth, throat or lungs. Wag po kayo matatakot, just letting you know what the possible causes are. Let's not worry until we have to.

Having the biopsy done is a good idea.

Please let us know how it goes. We'e here to help hanggang kaya namin. But still, the doctor who was able to examine the patient knows best.

Surgeon in the House
    Quote Originally Posted by yochilt View Post
    Good Afternoon to all.
    Need help po pls..

may malaking kulani (Enlarged Lymph node) po kasi ang wife ko sa lower right side ng neck nya almost 1inch po ang size.
    nagpacheck up po sya last week and the doctor gave her some medication para lumiit *** kulani, then if hindi daw lumiit after a week kailangan na operahan.

nag pacheck up po ulit sya today at ang sabi sa kanya kailangan daw i-biopsy muna bago operahan.

bago lumaki yung kulani nya, lagi syang nadaing na nasakit ang balikat nya.

magkano po ang biopsy dito sa pinas?
    ano po ang possible cause bakit nagkaroon sya nun?
    It may depend on the type of biopsy your doctor is cintemplating on.

Fine needle aspiration is the least invasive of all techniques. It is a simple office procedure. Cost may range from 2-3K

Core needle biopsy also uses a special needle and can get a bigger sample of the specimen. This is also an office procedure and the cost will range from 4K-5K

Open biopsy involves an incision. A minor surgical procedure, the surgeon may have the option of just getting a significant portion of the mass or excise the whole mass. The cost for this may range from 6K-10K.

Aside from acute infection, TB is also a common cause of lymph node enlarement. Have a chest x-ray done. This can be treated medically.

Surgical removal of the mass is only done if all possible causes have been considered.

Send me a PM if you need help with this problem.

^ Doc is this operation safe? Baka naman it would lead to something worst (mag metastasize ) or much better na lang di mag pa opera. And doc how is this performed, inpatient? outpatient?

Thanks in advance doc

I had a swollen lymph nodes at the back of both my left and right ear (mayron bang center hiihih) and its getting near the size of a 25 centavo coin. It doesn't hurt at all and it's been there for I think more than 5 years.

I have one in my neck, anong klaseng doktor po ba dapat ako magpakonsulta?

help help help

my bestfriend do have a cavitary tuberculosis...

she's taking up medicines for 4 months already.
    2 months before may tumubong bukol sa left side ng neck nya.at first matigas *** bukol and parang patulis.her doctor advice her to add streptomycin sa medication nya.nung nagstart sya with that medicine lumambot *** bukol pero malaki padin sya..malambot *** bukol sa ibabaw pero parang matigas *** sa ilalim..hindi sya msyadong masakit..
    i need some advice...thank you so much!!

hi

im 22 years old and may maliliit akong bukol sa may baba ng tenga ko hangang leeg na parang kasing laki ng mga peas..the first time i notice it is 8 years ago pa and its just only one sa right side ng neck ko..but now both side i meron na lalo na sa left side ng leeg ko...hindi sya masakit and mararamdaman mo lang na may bukol kapag hinipo mo kaya lang napapansin ko dumadami syaand napapansin ko din na minsan lumalaki sya tapos minsan lumiliit..

sabi nila kulani lang daw po ito at kaya dumadami ay dahil sa sign daw po ito ng mahina ang baga or may sipon o plema...since po kasi na napansin ko e2 8 or 9 years ago hindi na sya nawala pero hindi naman ko masakit..anu po kaya ito and panu po ba ito mawawala??..

pls help me....
    thank you..

Exclamation alot of 'LIMPS' peas size on both side my neck.

im 22 years old and may maliliit akong bukol sa may baba ng tenga ko hangang leeg na parang kasing laki ng mga peas..the first time i notice it is 8 years ago pa and its just only one sa right side ng neck ko..but now both side i meron na lalo na sa left side ng leeg ko...hindi sya masakit and mararamdaman mo lang na may bukol kapag hinipo mo kaya lang napapansin ko dumadami syaand napapansin ko din na minsan lumalaki sya tapos minsan lumiliit..

sabi nila kulani lang daw po ito at kaya dumadami ay dahil sa sign daw po ito ng mahina ang baga or may sipon o plema...since po kasi na napansin ko e2 8 or 9 years ago hindi na sya nawala pero hindi naman ko masakit..anu po kaya ito and panu po ba ito mawawala??..

pls help me....
    thank you..

^ We have existing thread discussing lymph nodes you can check it here

Lymph nodes are there to fight the infections our body contain. It swollen, enlarges or appears when we have infections, it disappears several days after we got cured. Lymph nodes larger than a 25 centavo coin needs to be consulted to a doctor for appraisal. A biopsy is common procedure made to remove lymph nodes.

~ Summarizing what I learned from that thread. I am not a doctor btw.

Hi goodday po.. tanong ko lang po, nakalmot ako kasi ng pusa namin last 2days.. taz po nagbasa ako ng kamay.. hugas pinggan , gawaing bahay,, then napansin ko na nagkaroon ako ng parang kulani sa kili kili ko masakit siya pag pinipisil.. ano po ba ang gamot ** ? dahil po kaya ito sa kalmot ng pusa namin ,.,
    "??????? salamat po!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast