PEx Highlights

Top Female Celebrities

2 more weeks and she will officially be the IT GIRL of the month. Can her fans keep it up? Jane Oineza is still PEx's Top Female Celeb!

read more

Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter

Be in the know! Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter for community, movies, sports and promo updates.

read more

PROMO: The Book of Life

Join the promo and get a chance to win exclusive The Book of Life merchandise!

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

PHOTOS: Aguilar, Ginebra Bully Talk N Text

Ginebra had no problems in their opening campaign after a 101-81 win over TNT. Japeth Aguilar proved to be too much for the Texters with his game-high 18pts, 18rebs and 5 blks.

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1. #1
    Famous among dozens! cai12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ortigas Center

    1st SONA ni PNOY (State of the nothing action)

    sa na lalapit na SONA ni PNOY what can you say???

  2. #2
    Ate Edwina Lacierda to atty lambino: SHUT UP! (napikon ang loka lokang Edwina)

    ATTY LAMBINO: SONA - State Of No Achievements/Accomplishments

  3. #3
    Bron w/ Pacroids Objection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SWAG 8==D
    Maraming Case filed (pero walang direct evidence) against GMA

  4. #4
    Siyempre mag-aakusa na naman, kahit wala pang proof. Tapos pag sila naman ang naakusahan bigla na lang sasabihin ni Tatlog Itlog Lacierda "Don't accuse without proof", Bwahahahahahaha. Kakatawa talaga si Tatlong Itlog. Pag sila ok lang, pag iba pikon.

  5. #5
    Wouldn't it be PNoy's 2nd SONA?

    Nitpicking lang. Malamang pareho lang ito sa first.

  6. #6
    Famous among dozens! cai12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ortigas Center
    Quote Originally Posted by Objection View Post
    Maraming Case filed (pero walang direct evidence) against GMA


    agree! gamit na gamit na ang media! ang mga Pilipinong walang utak Oo nalang! ng oo..ilang kaso pa bang ihahangin nila?? ndi pa ba sila nagsasawa lagi nalang nababsura..

  7. #7
    are we better off?
    Nestor mata
    malaya.com.ph

    WHEN President Noynoy Aquino delivers his Second State of the Nation Address on Monday, he is expected to tell the people what his administration has accomplished during the first year of his presidency. And, of course, what he promises to do on the second year of his six-year-term in office.

    Oh yes, Aquino will take a swipe at his predecessor and bête noir Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo , just as he did in his first SONA last year, as one of his loquacious mouthpieces gleefully told a televised interview the other day. That’s an old, old political refrain that the people have been hearing ad nauseam for more than 365 days!

    What they want to hear instead is his answer to these questions:

    Are we better off today than we were a year ago?"

    "Is it easier for you to go and buy things in the market places, grocery stores than it was a year ago?"

    "Are we paying more to put food on the table, fuel to cook, and more for gas to fill up our cars, jeepneys and buses?"

    "Is there more or less unemployment in the country than a year ago?"

    "What about those who have jobs? Aren’t they scared they might lose their jobs or have fewer opportunities to move up the ladder because of lack of strong economic growth?"

    "Is the Philippines as respected in the world as it was not only during Gloria’s nine years in power but also other predecessors, like Cory Cojuangco Aquino, Fidel V. Ramos, Joseph Ejercito Estrada?"

    These are basic questions that Aquino faces as he begins his second year in office.

  8. #8
    Famous among dozens! cai12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ortigas Center
    Im so Sorry 2nd SONA na ba ndi ako aware na meron ng 1st HAHAHAHAHA! since na maupo si PNOY lalo kong nawalan ng trust sa government!

  9. Advertisement

  10. #9
    A short Sona
    Jojo Robles
    manila standard today
    07/21/2011

    From Communications Secretary Herminio Coloma, we learn that President Noynoy Aquino’s State of the Nation Address will be short, purportedly because Coloma’s boss hates long speeches. But lest people think that Aquino will resort to brevity because he really doesn’t have anything to report by way of accomplishments,Coloma immediately adds that the speech will be backed up by a “comprehensive technical report” that will contain all the work the President’s done in a year in office, to be distributed after the Sona.

    Are we correct to assume then, that we can expect usual generalities and motherhood statements, condemnations of the previous administration, and anecdotes about seeking a wife in Aquino’s speech? Because, if Aquino intends to submit a detailed written report anyway, why doesn’t he just declare Congress open and continue doing whatever he’s been doing before giving the traditional speech interrupted him?

    If, after all, all Aquino’s detailed accomplishments will be put in a separate report, then we won’t need him to give even a brief speech. We can go over the report at our own leisure, without being distracted by the number of times that his speech was interrupted by the pork-laden lawmakers in attendance or the clothes the members of the audience wear. Really.

    But Coloma also said that Aquino’s Sona took the Communications Group an entire month to prepare. The brevity that Aquino was going for, he added, required pruning the usual testimonies of work done, which was why a separate report was conceived.

    We shall see. [B]Aquino, after all, has displayed a tendency to junk prepared speeches in favor of ad libbing[/B]—and his attempts at folksy, down-home improvisation have only made his speeches longer, what with his love for wordy, clichéd phrases like “at this point in time” and “at the end of the day.”

    As for the actual content of the promised brief speech, we may expect a lot of it to touch on an old refrain of Aquino’s: the many alleged excesses and illegal actions of his predecessor, which the various agencies of his government have been working to uncover overtime in the past few weeks.

    As another palace spokesman, Abigail “Lady Gaga” Valte, explained in a separate interview, Aquino needs to point out the mistakes and abuses of the Arroyo administration, if only to use them as a point of reference and comparison for the good done by the present government. So expect a lot of recriminations going the way of a certain Pampanga congresswoman, as well, whether or not she decides to attend the House opening.

    We will not have long to wait. As they say in Pilipino: Ilang tulog na lang.

    Here’s hoping that Aquino’s brief, vindictive speech will not leave us yawning and praying desperately to see its end, so that we can get our hands on the report that really made his stepping up to the microphone unnecessary.

    The farmers of Hacienda Luisita, the President’s family’s agricultural estate in Tarlac, have asked the Supreme Court to reverse its order for a new referendum to once again allow them to choose if they want to receive land or stocks in the company that controls the hacienda. The motion for reconsideration filed by the Alyansa ng mga Manggagawang Bukid sa Hacienda Luisita is certainly more strongly worded than the one filed by the solicitor general on behalf of the Department of Agrarian Reform earlier.

    Ambala’s 76-page motion said a new referendum in Luisita will mean that “inequity will continue to fester,” especially since the Court has already struck down as illegal the Cojuangco family’s employment of a stock distribution scheme for the farmers, instead of distributing the land to them. “There is no more reason for the continued operation of the said scheme. The land should now be distributed to the farm workers. [T]his sprawling agricultural estate rightfully, legally, morally and historically belongs to them,” said the group.

    In its ruling last July 5, the High Court revoked Hacienda Luisita Inc.’s stock distribution plan, conceived in 1989 to avoid the distribution of the land of the estate itself. The new decision, in effect, voided the controversial Section 31 of the Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Law which offered landowners the option of distributing stock in companies that held their lands, instead of outright distribution.

    But the High Court also directed that a new referendum should be held among the 6,000 or so qualified agrarian reform beneficiaries of HLI, on the grounds that 93 percent of the farmers chose stocks in an earlier plebiscite conducted among them.

    The Court cited what it called the “operative fact doctrine” to justify its call for a new referendum. The tribunal said the doctrine holds that “in declaring a law or executive action null and void, undue harshness and resulting unfairness must be avoided” because “rights might have accrued in favor of natural or juridical persons in the meantime. The past cannot always be erased by a new judicial declaration.”

    But the farmers made short shrift of the doctrine cited by the court. “The doctrine of operative facts is inapplicable,” they said. “There is no [longer any] legal basis in making the farm-worker beneficiaries choose to opt for actual land distribution or to remain as stockholders of HLI.”

    “The majority of the members of the honorable court, with due respect, erred in applying the doctrine of operative facts and in making the farm-worker beneficiaries choose to opt for actual land distribution or to remain as stockholders of Hacienda Luisita Inc.,” the group said. That’s because Section

    31 of CARL, which the high court upheld, is contrary to the Constitution’s intent to distribute land—not shares of stocks—to landless farmers.

    Section 4, Article XIII of the Charter mandates the State to “encourage and undertake the just distribution of all agricultural lands” and to “undertake an agrarian reform program founded on the rights of farmers and regular farmers who are landless, to own directly or collectively the land they till.” The land reform law’s provision used the word “collectively” in the charter’s section to justify the distribution of shares of stocks to farmers, instead of land titles.

    The farmers said that contrary to view of the Court, “the collective ownership” clause refers not only to the collective tillage of the land but also the collective ownership by the farmers or regular farm workers through a farmer’s cooperative or association wholly owned by the farm workers themselves. Under HLI’s scheme, the group said, “the land becomes a mere investment of the farmers and [is still] owned by the corporation. The farmers will only be given shares of stocks equivalent to the value of their land.

    Clearly, this is not consistent with the Constitution.”

    Despite the cogent arguments presented by the farmers and their lawyers, it remains doubtful if the high court will reverse itself on the matter. Not only does the court have a record of upholding its decision, the HLI ruling has also won it favor in Malacañang. And that’s probably why the ruling will stand.

  11. #10
    Lexi Belle fan topnotch97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by NFA_rice View Post
    Wouldn't it be PNoy's 2nd SONA?

    Nitpicking lang. Malamang pareho lang ito sa first.
    eh hindi ba 1st year pa lang nya ngayon, kaya ngayon lang sakop yung SONA speech nya.

  12. #11
    ^dami mong username ha, nagmumukha ka ng @gn@T sa mga hirit mo! Nakaka awa ka! Tindi siguro ng nawala sa iyo ng natanggal ang amo mo sa malacanang!

  13. Jul 21, 2011, 04:06 AM

  14. #12
    Mister Swabe Caesar_June's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Zombie-Proof Home
    1st Year of PeNoy was full of SHOWBIZ:

    1. his never ending quest for GURLZ (kuno)
    2. his accomplishments?(yung karamihan minana)
    3. obsession ng paghahabol kay pandak pidal
    4. pag gamit sa media (namely Abias-See-Bee-En) for pogi points
    5. hindi sinibak ang Family and Friends Inc. na mediocre o pasaway sa pwesto
    6. pagsasabi na pwede na mangarap muli (hanggang ngayon tulog ka pa rin ata PeNoy)

  15. #13
    Wala namang nangyari sa 1st year ni Pnoy. I bet may pasaring na naman kay GMA yan. Baka hanggang next year, GMA pa rin.

  16. #14
    WATCH THIS: Inside Story (Al Jazeerah International)

    Benigno Aquino's 'broken promises'


    http://english.aljazeera.net/program...tm_term=tweets

  17. #15
    Famous among dozens! cai12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ortigas Center
    Quote Originally Posted by bier_trinker View Post
    Wala namang nangyari sa 1st year ni Pnoy. I bet may pasaring na naman kay GMA yan. Baka hanggang next year, GMA pa rin.
    naku ndi lang yan hanggang next year hanggang 6 years nya yan..walang gagawin yan kundi blame blame blame

  18. Jul 22, 2011, 12:39 AM

  19. #16
    No-substance speech expected
    Ninez Cacho Olivares
    the daily tribune
    07/22/2011

    Noynoy’s deputy aide, in a radio interview yesterday, bared that his boss’ State of the Nation Address will be short, since he does not like long speeches, but added that Noynoy will be sketching, in his second Sona “in bold strokes,” the country’s future directions.

    Just from that information, it can already be gleaned that the Sona will be short on substance, even as it is being claimed that all the other technical details will be separate and given to Congress.

    This still means that the speech itself will have little or no substance, especially as it was also bared that “after a year in office, he (Noynoy) will report on where we should, and will be going. He has enough confidence now, based on what he has seen so far,” the aide said.

    It looks like Noynoy has little to report on what he had done during his first year in office, which is probably why he will again be making another round of promises that he will unlikely be able to deliver anyway.

    Undersecretary of one of three communications group offices, Manolo Quezon, was quoted as saying that Noynoy’s maiden Sona only dealt with what his government had unearthed from various documents about the previous administration, and how much was left in the country’s coffers.

    Noynoy’s maiden speech was short, to the point, and more calculated to “set the new moral tone in our nation’s governance,” than anything else, he added.

    But hey, one does not need a full year to set the “moral tone” which incidentally is turning off a lot of Filipinos as there is more hypocrisy in this government than there is that claimed morality.

    Then too, in that maiden speech, it was found that even the amount left in the government coffers was grossly inaccurate, when he claimed that which the Arroyo government left Noynoy and his government was just P100 billion, which was shown up to be totally false.

    But there the Palace went again, saying that Noynoy intends to tackle issues “in concrete terms” which means that “he will delve into what we have discovered after a year in office, what we have done about it, what we will do now to correct these, and where all this is going. The President thinks this is what the Filipino people are precisely expecting from his Sona.”

    The translation would be Noynoy harking back again to the ills of government and the “landmines” the previous government left him, because for certain, he will not admit to his incompetence in governance, as he has to have someone else to blame for his failures.

    Truth is, it was not just in the first Sona that he dwelled on the previous presidency and administration’s alleged crimes. He did that nearly 365 days of his first year in Malacañang. And he hasn’t stopped accusing and blaming his successor, although he even takes the credit for what she had accomplished, making them his own.

    Noynoy is said to appeal to the nation to “think positively” since the Filipinos are so negative.

    As Quezon puts it: “I think this is something the President will want to emphasize very strongly in his Sona. Why are we so negative? Why, when we face a problem, people are quick to say, you can’t do it…nothing will happen…this is his biggest frustration as President.”

    Perhaps Quezon should also ask himself and his boss, why, when they were in the opposition, were they so negative toward government. As a matter of fact, even today, as president, Noynoy is pretty negative in dealing with criticisms. He cannot seem to take criticisms for what they are worth.

    Yet Noynoy and Quezon should admit to the fact that just a little over a year ago, a lot of Filipinos had been lulled by Noynoy during his campaign into believing that there will not only be changes but also hope in the Filipinos for a better future. Then, they — or at least those who voted for him — were thinking positive. If they are now thinking negatively, it is mainly because Noynoy miserably failed to bring about change he promised and failed even more to improve the lot of Filipinos.

    In his one year in office, he screwed up diplomatic relations with at least four countries: Germany, Belgium, France and China — through his review or cancellation of approved contracts, as well as the Spratlys issue. He has picked fights with other branches and officials of government.

    And he has done nothing but shown his vindictive character to the point of persecuting those he believes are his political foes.

    One can’t help thinking negatively when the top political leader has shown, thus far, sheer incompetence and vindictiveness.

  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by fragileX View Post
    A short Sona
    Jojo Robles
    manila standard today
    07/21/2011

    From Communications Secretary Herminio Coloma, we learn that President Noynoy Aquino’s State of the Nation Address will be short, purportedly because Coloma’s boss hates long speeches. But lest people think that Aquino will resort to brevity because he really doesn’t have anything to report by way of accomplishments, Coloma immediately adds that the speech will be backed up by a “comprehensive technical report” that will contain all the work the President’s done in a year in office, to be distributed after the Sona.
    relevant sentence highlighted. nuf said.

  21. #18
    But Coloma also said that Aquino’s Sona took the Communications Group an entire month to prepare. The brevity that Aquino was going for, he added, required pruning the usual testimonies of work done, which was why a separate report was conceived.
    It's really difficult to make a speech when there's no content to talk about.

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by av_phile View Post
    It's really difficult to make a speech when there's no content to talk about.

    Mukhang nagkandarapa si Mai Mislang nang maisulat, nauubusan na kasi siya at si Butch Abad ng fictional ideas. Ito kasing si ngoyngoy, pinahihirapan pa sila!

  23. #20
    Emil Jurado
    Manila standard today
    07/22/2011

    While I have enumerated President Aquino’s accomplishments, perhaps he should also tell us what he can do in the form of policy direction on the following: the economy, to sustain viability and competitiveness vis-à-vis our rapidly developing neighbors; short, medium, and long range policy for OFWs in the wake of tension in North Africa and the Middle East; rising criminality, like street crimes, robberies, kidnappings, etc.; minimizing the impact of climate change, especially on the poor, who are the most vulnerable; foreign policy in light of growing tension with China on the Spratlys; rising prices of prime commodities amid escalating prices of gasoline and oil; and above all, how to eradicate poverty and create jobs, in pursuit of his mantra - if there is no corruption, there is no poverty.

    So far, the people, whom the President called his “boss,” have heard nothing but slogans of “Daang Matuwid” (Straight Path) and “Pagbabago” (change). Both have remained pies in the sky.

    The people elected President Aquino with a strong mandate. He’s expected to do much more than give us slogans and promises. High expectations and consequently, unfulfilled promises, already reflected in his declining ratings. There is much dissatisfaction. The danger signs are there, Mr. President.

    * * *

    The only thing going for President Aquino is that he has remained honest and clean. But then, are these enough for somebody to lead us to the Promise Land?

    What the country needs is not a saint or an angel but a leader we can all believe in. He must have the political will and resolve to do what is right, to apply the law on everyone, whether or not one is a partymate, classmate, or shooting buddy. His “KKK” is his Archilles’ heel.

    I also admit that the President has good intentions of reforming the country by eliminating corruption and poverty. But so far, he has not done much in addressing smuggling at Customs and corruption in local government units. Ask anybody who has put up a business and he’ll tell you how difficult it is to get permits requiring signatures (16 in all) at every step of the registration process - unless of course, one is willing to bribe. That or have your final permit stalled for the next six or so.

    As is often said, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

    The problem with President Aquino, as I see it, is that he’s trying to please all his allies and supporters. In doing so, he creates factions, like the Times Group, original allies of the family; the Samar Group, of close friends and family; and the Balay Group of his Liberal partymates - all engaged in an internecine fight for supremacy.

    With a President trying to please them all, factionalism has become the name of the game. And with all the intramurals going on, Santa Banana, how is the country to move forward?

    That’s the curse of a President who wishes to maintain his popularity - struggles from within his circles inevitably pull him down. Can’t he realize that?

  24. Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Advertisement


Advertisement

Hot Topics

PBA:

GlobalPort bows to NLEX after fourth quarter collapse, 101-96

GlobalPort bows to NLEX after fourth quarter collapse, 101-96

read more
SHOWBIZ:

What do you make of John Lloyd Cruz' performance in The Trial?

What do you make of John Lloyd Cruz' performance in The Trial?

read more
TRAVEL:

No bidets, rude staff and poor internet. What are your other hotel pet peeves?

No bidets, rude staff and poor internet. What are your other hotel pet peeves?

read more
CHIT CHAT:

Unzip your man purse and share what's inside your kikoy kit!

Unzip your man purse and share what's inside your kikoy kit!

read more
SPORTS:

2014 Philippine Superliga Grand Prix opens

2014 Philippine Superliga Grand Prix opens

read more
NMFtv:

NBA 2K15 Exhibition Gameplay - Washington Wizards VS Los Angeles Clippers on PS4

NBA 2K15 Exhibition Gameplay - Washington Wizards VS Los Angeles Clippers on PS4

read more

Advertisement