***PIRATES: Lyceum of the Philippines*** - Page 2 | The NCAA Tourney | PinoyExchange

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 ... Last
    back to reality ang pirates!, LOSING TO JRU., the record now stands at 4-5 and might lose the grip to hold on the 4th spot going in to the 2nd round.

I think they will lose more games kaysa sa 1st round total losses nila.

pero gusto ko pa rin makita ang surprrising run nila this season

Quote Originally Posted by daveyyy View Post
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__z7Bdwu2_EA/SKqHiKKNacI/AAAAAAAABW0/L8t7RnNSVfc/s400/Pirate_Skeleton_Arrr.jpg

I do think LPU is no push-over after the 1st round. We can expect more from our new guest team!

nabawi naman ng Lyceum ang 1st round loss nila vs.JRU

Quote Originally Posted by jojojojo View Post
    no offense but adamson reject allan santos' performance in the ncaa just shows how inferior this league is compared to the uaap.

imagine a role player and reject from the falcons posting monster numbers in the ncaa? if my memory serves me right this guy didn't even average close to a third of what he is averaging now during his forgettable stint in the uaap.

wasn't he even the laughing stock of the falcons together with the legendary marvin polayapoy back then?
    This is your typical hazy generalization fallacy.

How about Leo Austria possibility scratching his head for letting this guy go? go ask him. ask him how he feels about letting Santos go.

malabo na makapasok ang LPU, matitindi na makakalaban.Pero, nice NCAA debut Pirates, !!

as in malapit na sa katotohanang makapasok sa final 4, sayang kung nagkataon ganda sana ng history ng LPU sa NCAA hehehe.. we'll be back at season 88.. hope so... viva LARGA pirata! go LPU!

8. Oct 1, 2011

PiRated

7-11. Not bad.

Beating the likes of MIT, JRU, CSB, AU, UPHSD and EAC. Even SJLC got a scare.

Keep it up!

kailangan lang ni 2 BIG MAN .. PG-SF walang problema sa kanila .

ano na po ba balita sa Lyceum?, regular na ba sila dito sa NC?

Quote Originally Posted by IntramuraL View Post
    ano na po ba balita sa Lyceum?, regular na ba sila dito sa NC?
    Depende sa magiging performance, nila right now kasi medyo malimlim ang overall performance nila (10th place sa juniors and 9th place sa seniors). Pero ang alam ko nag file na sila for regularization. No final decision yet for the mancom. Lets just wait.

I hope they stay sa NCAA, but with the phase other schools from CESAFI,UAAP,NCRAA, NAASCU, SNCAA, and other school leagues are recruiting dapat mag level up na din sila. They have managed to recruit the likes of Gary David and Chico Lanete, pati sila Bauzon and Rodriguez. Pero hindi sila na nasunda, siguro yun yung powerhouse na line up that gave SFAC a run for their money and gary is playing PF during that time. Kulang talaga sila sa bigman. Siguro more improvement sa recruitment nila, lets be honest sa more improvement ng benefits for the Athletic Dept. coaches, student players, staff they will sky rocket their way to success. Coach Bonnie is a good coach, but a better support will certainly help a lot!!! My hopes ae high for both juniors and seniors teams of this school. They are learning the ropes in playing in the NCAA.

noong nasa ncraa pa lang ang lycevm, malakas na basketball program nila. kahit nung time na wala silang mother league except for the nike summer league. kaya i wasn't surprised nambulabog sila in their first season sa ncaa.

now that nasa mas malaking liga na sila, i believe there's no other way to go but up for the pirates. i'm just intrigued how they'll maintain the momentum when they still had tani gonzales as sports head.

Quote Originally Posted by nuss View Post
    noong nasa ncraa pa lang ang lycevm, malakas na basketball program nila. kahit nung time na wala silang mother league except for the nike summer league. kaya i wasn't surprised nambulabog sila in their first season sa ncaa.

now that nasa mas malaking liga na sila, i believe there's no other way to go but up for the pirates. i'm just intrigued how they'll maintain the momentum when they still had tani gonzales as sports head.
    I agree sir, malakas talaga LPU back NCRAA time nila..pati sa WNCAA Basketball malakas, may height and looks and women's team nila. Sa men's team naman, kahit maliit yung line up, naglilipadan naman yung guards nila. Siguro if the momentum was maintained they already establish their team sa NCAA. They got foreign player nga doing residency. From other collegiate school siya but I think he will be eligible to play this coming season kasi 1 year lang naman residency requirements sa NCAA.

Magkano tuition fee ng tourism sa LPU?

Lyceum of the Philippines University Pirates

2011 record: 5th place, 7-11

Additions: Moyabin Edding, Joseph Ambohot, Daniel Garcia,

Subtractions: Allan Santos, Aaron Anacta, Jan Lacap, Tirso Lesmoras, Jerome Ong, Onofre Napiza

Holdovers: Arwin Azores, Christopher Cayabyab, Mark Francisco, Floricel Guevarra, Shane Ko, Vence Laude, Gian Mallari, Faustine Pascual, Dexter Zamora

Background: What a way to end their 1st Season in the league. They’ve won over a high-rated team like the Cardinals, a final four team in the Heavy Bombers, Altas, Chiefs, Generals and twice against the Blazers. They finished the season with 38% shooting clip from the field, 41 team rebounds per game with 16 turnovers. Chris Cayabyab and wingman Floricel Guevarra were a sensational tandem at 14.9 points (18th in the tournament) and 13.7 points per game respectively.

Key Changes: Without Allan Santos’ 10 rebounds per game, Daniel Garcia and Joseph Ambohot took care of the rebounding load during the preseason with a combined 6 per game average while preseason backcourt starter Mark Francisco netted close to 7 per game. Their bigs will have to do their share if they want to trigger their open court game. The bright spot thus far is the emergence of Shane Ko as their 3rd scorer from that position with a preseason average of 11 points up 4 markers from Season 87.

Outlook: The Pirates have allowed their opponents up to 44 rebounds per game in Season 87. During the preseason, that number has snowballed to 48. Their 10 2nd chance points from last season has been reduced to 7 in the preseason, not a good sign for a team hoping to looking their 7 win 1st season performance in the NCAA.

Prognosis: The downside is that the Pirates do not have an acknowledged rebounder. On the plus side, they have a lethal scoring trio that can light it up at anytime. Either way, I reckon the Pirates will be hard pressed this Season 88.

ViVa Viva pirata na ata *** bago ngauyon

nice win by the Pirates against the Cardinals 78-74

very good defensive job in the last minutes of the game

Hindi ako magugulat kung sa mga susunod na taon eh malakas na ang Piratas .

are there any Lycean pexers here? after a surprising season last year, the Pirates is showing that they are newbies in the league.

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 ... Last