PEx Highlights

Official Pacquiao-Mayweather Match Thread

Dito sa PEx, libre maging boxing analyst. What's your take on the PacMay fight? No judging, we promise!

read more

REVIEW: Get Hard

Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart star in this comedy about stereotypes and breaking them. Read our full review here!

read more

Join the Star Wars Quiz Night!

Forget, you must not. Star Wars Quiz Night at 7:30pm later tonight! May the 4th be with you, young padawans.

read more

Where should TeamPEx go next?

Movie review, check. Binondo foodtrip, done. Where should we go next, PExers? Dami naming oras, no? ;)

read more

Why are you in PinoyExchange?

Killing time? Looking for upcoming movies or the latest showbiz chika? Checking updates/rumors about your UAAP/PBA team? Share the reason why you're here in PEx!

read more

#YanSiNay: Bakit Dabest Ang Nanay Ko

Heads up, PExers! Mother's Day is fast approaching. Join our #YanSiNay conversation and tell us your favorite story of your mom.

read more

Tue, May 5 - Araneta Coliseum

Wed, May 6 - MOA Arena

04:15 PMBARAKONLEX
07:00 PMKIASMB

Fri, May 8 - Araneta Coliseum

Sat, May 9 - Araneta Coliseum

03:00 PMSMBMERALCO

Tue, May 12 - MOA Arena

Wed, May 13 - Cuneta Astrodome

04:15 PMMERALCONLEX
07:00 PMKIAGINEBRA

Fri, May 15 - Ynares Center, Antipolo

Sat, May 16 - Dipolog City

Sun, May 17 - Cuneta Astrodome

Mon, May 18 - Ynares Center, Antipolo

04:15 PMNLEXKIA

Sun, May 24 - Araneta Coliseum

05:15 PMSMBPUREFOODS

Tue, May 26 - Cuneta Astrodome

Wed, May 27 - Araneta Coliseum

04:15 PMBARAKOSMB

Fri, May 29 - Araneta Coliseum

Sun, May 31 - Araneta Coliseum

05:15 PMSMBGINEBRA

Tue, Jun 2 - MOA Arena

04:15 PMALASKANLEX

Wed, Jun 3 - MOA Arena

Fri, Jun 5 - Araneta Coliseum

04:15 PMALASKAKIA
07:00 PMNLEXSMB

Sat, Jun 6 - Bacolod City

Sun, Jun 7 - Araneta Coliseum

Tue, Jun 9 - Araneta Coliseum

Wed, Jun 10 - MOA Arena

04:15 PMBARAKOKIA

Fri, Jun 12 - Araneta Coliseum

Sat, Jun 13 - Araneta Coliseum

03:00 PMALASKABARAKO

Sun, Jun 14 - Araneta Coliseum

Tue, Jun 16 - Araneta Coliseum

Wed, Jun 17 - Araneta Coliseum

Fri, Jun 19 - Araneta Coliseum

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 113
  1. #1

    Arwind Santos has no upside? - tim cones opinion. true?

    recently alaska declined the trade offer of smb to trade arwind santos for joe devance.


    and recently tim cone makes an opinion about his new recruit

    "`Jayr will be given an opportunity that I guess he hasn`t had with other teams,` said coach Tim. `Once a player is given that opportunity then it will be up to him to make the best of it. We feel that JayR can take a hold of his role. No doubt about it Jayr has a tremendous upside. That`s why we decided to go for him."

    tim cone decided to decline the offer of smb of arwind santos because tim cone knew that arwind santos has no upside in terms of level of playing thats why he opted to choose jr reyes than arwind santos.

    kaya pala dinecline ni tim cone si arwind sguro may nakita sya na hanggang dun na lang laro ni arwind santos mala kg canaleta

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by baletedrive View Post
    recently alaska declined the trade offer of smb to trade arwind santos for joe devance.


    and recently tim cone makes an opinion about his new recruit

    "`Jayr will be given an opportunity that I guess he hasn`t had with other teams,` said coach Tim. `Once a player is given that opportunity then it will be up to him to make the best of it. We feel that JayR can take a hold of his role. No doubt about it Jayr has a tremendous upside. That`s why we decided to go for him."

    tim cone decided to decline the offer of smb of arwind santos because tim cone knew that arwind santos has no upside in terms of level of playing thats why he opted to choose jr reyes than arwind santos.

    kaya pala dinecline ni tim cone si arwind sguro may nakita sya na hanggang dun na lang laro ni arwind santos mala kg canaleta
    Where did he say Santos has no upside?

    IF ever the Santos trade rumors were true, the reason, i believe it did not push through is that Alaska needed someone big and agile.

  3. #3
    no, this guy is just consoling himself of the loss of his beloved Ace, Joe Devance... even when in the heat of the Arwind - Joe,
    he even posted that Tim Cone can us Arwind as a defensive SF an will be perfect in the system of Tim Cone.

  4. #4
    arwind santos is also big and agile.. but why did tim cone opted to decline the trade of arwind and devance?... is it that he saw arwind only has limited limited skill sets given his heft and jumping abilities?..

    or is it that arwind santos has a low basketball iq.. which doesnt compensate with the triangle offense of tim cone.. party needed in triangle is a good basketball iq to have a good chemistry.

  5. #5
    Makapag Contribute muna bago ma-CLOSE itong thread na ito at tuluyan nang maging MULTO ang TS!!! Nyahahahahahahaha.....

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by baletedrive View Post
    arwind santos is also big and agile.. but why did tim cone opted to decline the trade of arwind and devance?... is it that he saw arwind only has limited limited skill sets given his heft and jumping abilities?..

    or is it that arwind santos has a low basketball iq.. which doesnt compensate with the triangle offense of tim cone.. party needed in triangle is a good basketball iq to have a good chemistry.
    Agile, yes, but big? As big as who? Is he as big as Reyes or DeVance?

    I believe this is the first time Arwind Santos and 'heft' was mentioned in the same sentence. Sure, Santos is error prone. Sure, Santos has a knack of unleashing desperate-looking 3 pointers in succession, but you can't deny he'll be an asset defensively. I believe one of your encarnations mentioned that Tim Cone has a knack of developing players, whatever talent they have. Do you believe Roehl Gomez/Cris Bolado/Samigue Eman has better bball IQ than Santos? Fact of the matter is Alaska needed a bigger player (see height and weight ratio of Reyes/DeVance/Santos).

  7. #7
    they can get any big players from the draft or even free agent.. but the fact is.. tim cone knows arwind santos skill sets is limited. just like the jared jack of chicago bulls.. limited skill sets..

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by baletedrive View Post
    they can get any big players from the draft or even free agent.. but the fact is.. tim cone knows arwind santos skill sets is limited. just like the jared jack of chicago bulls.. limited skill sets..
    From the Draft like who?

  9. #9
    secret.... =) baka pag sinabe ko kayo kumuha. =)

  10. #10
    Some of the posters here need to know what the term upside means in basketball.

    When we say upside, it basically means potential for improvement. He's just saying that Arwind has already peaked at wala na igagaling pa. What you see is what you get.

  11. #11
    ^Correct you got my point brother

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliLives View Post
    Some of the posters here need to know what the term upside means in basketball.

    When we say upside, it basically means potential for improvement. He's just saying that Arwind has already peaked at wala na igagaling pa. What you see is what you get.
    Well, i simply asked him where did Tim Cone say it.

  13. #13
    well. knowing tim cone. he didnt say it.. but he IMPLIED it. saying they chose jr reyes.. than the other trade that was offered to them because they simply knew jr reyes has upside rather than the other player that want to trade with them which i think is arwind santos

  14. #14
    LOL. The only reason why Alaska didn't trade for Arwind is because it defeats the purpose of why they are trading Joe Devance, and that is to pay more than the max salary.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by baletedrive View Post
    well. knowing tim cone. he didnt say it.. but he IMPLIED it. saying they chose jr reyes.. than the other trade that was offered to them because they simply knew jr reyes has upside rather than the other player that want to trade with them which i think is jr reyes
    Glad you've cleared your topic. Cause your topic IMPLIES Tim Cone said it.

    In the end, they just took what they needed. Which was Reyes.

  16. Advertisement

  17. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by death_row View Post
    LOL. The only reason why Alaska didn't trade for Arwind is because it defeats the purpose of why they are trading Joe Devance, and that is to pay more than the max salary.

    bro tim cone thinks that the playing style of arwind is not comparable to a maximum salary. tony delacruz is more effective in defense and hustle and scoring than arwind but hes receiving not a maximum salary. tim cone thinks arwind is just better to have a minimum salary with the playing style he is playing.

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by baletedrive View Post
    bro tim cone thinks that the playing style of arwind is not comparable to a maximum salary. tony delacruz is more effective in defense and hustle and scoring than arwind but hes receiving not a maximum salary. tim cone thinks arwind is just better to have a minimum salary with the playing style he is playing.
    oona! wateber

  19. #18
    Why so serious? =) _The_Joker_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gotham City
    t@ena, nag hasik na naman ng lagim tong baletedrive...

    ipa salvage na nga yan sa maguindanao!

  20. #19
    Mississippi River DacksonDominion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg
    ^ apple of the eye ngayon nyan is si JR Reyes!

  21. #20

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Advertisement


Advertisement


PBA Team Standings

WIN - LOSS
Alaska Aces 0 0
Barako Bull Energy 0 0
Barangay Ginebra San Miguel 0 0
Blackwater Elite 0 0
GlobalPort Batang Pier 0 0
Kia Carnival 0 0
Meralco Bolts 0 0
NLEX Road Warriors 0 0
Purefoods Star Hotshots 0 0
Rain or Shine Elasto Painters 0 0
San Miguel Beermen 0 0
Talk N Text Tropang Texters 0 0

Hot Topics

MOVIES:

Forget, you must not. Star Wars Quiz Night at 7:30pm later tonight!

Forget, you must not. Star Wars Quiz Night at 7:30pm later tonight!

read more
VOLLEYBALL:

AVC U23: Japan crushes Philippines in straight sets

AVC U23: Japan crushes Philippines in straight sets

read more
SPORTS:

Dito sa PEx, libre maging boxing analyst. We'd like to hear your take on the PacMay fight. No judging, we promise!

Dito sa PEx, libre maging boxing analyst. We'd like to hear your take on the PacMay fight. No judging, we promise!

read more
TRAVEL:

How was your Laboracay weekend? Share your stories here!

How was your Laboracay weekend? Share your stories here!

read more
PROMO:

Join the promo and get a chance to win 'Careful What You Wish For' movie passes and posters!

Join the promo and get a chance to win 'Careful What You Wish For' movie passes and posters!

read more

Advertisement