PEx Highlights

REVIEW: Tomorrowland

'Tomorrowland' isn't perfect, but the fantasy world is still beautiful and fun to see. Read more in our movie review here.

read more

Quiz Night: Top Model

Do you want to be on top? Join the Top Model Quiz Night hosted by Hyda (hydrangea) Banks. Pins and bragging rights are on the line!

read more

Speak Your Mind, PExers!

We want to hear what you think about PinoyExchange! Complete this short survey and get a chance to win goodies from our team.

read more

PHOTOS: TNT Too Much for NLEX

Check out sights and scenes from the TNT-NLEX matchup last night at the Cuneta Astrodome in our PBA Gallery!

read more

Show Me Your Teeths: The Remake

Oha! Akala niyo ABS lang ang may remake? Syempre hindi magpapatalo si Chelsey at Merly!

read more

PHOTOS: Kia Drops Blackwater in 2OT Win

Best player of the game Jet Chang scored 25 points and grabbed 6 rebounds to lead Kia to their third win of the conference.

read more

Tue, May 5

Wed, May 6

FINAL

FINAL

KIA83
SMB78

Fri, May 8

FINAL

Sat, May 9

FINAL

SMB95

FINAL

Sun, May 10

Tue, May 12

Wed, May 13

FINAL

FINAL

KIA98

Fri, May 15

Sat, May 16

Sun, May 17

FINAL

SMB124

FINAL

Mon, May 18

FINAL

KIA85

Fri, May 22

Sat, May 23

Sun, May 24

FINAL

FINAL

SMB100

Tue, May 26

FINAL

KIA83

FINAL

Wed, May 27 - Araneta Coliseum

04:15 PMBARAKOSMB
07:00 PMSTARALASKA

Fri, May 29 - Araneta Coliseum

Sun, May 31 - Araneta Coliseum

05:15 PMSMBGINEBRA

Tue, Jun 2 - MOA Arena

04:15 PMALASKANLEX

Wed, Jun 3 - MOA Arena

Fri, Jun 5 - Araneta Coliseum

04:15 PMALASKAKIA
07:00 PMNLEXSMB

Sat, Jun 6 - Bacolod City

Sun, Jun 7 - Araneta Coliseum

05:15 PMSTARGINEBRA

Tue, Jun 9 - Araneta Coliseum

Wed, Jun 10 - MOA Arena

04:15 PMBARAKOKIA

Fri, Jun 12 - Araneta Coliseum

Sat, Jun 13 - Araneta Coliseum

03:00 PMALASKABARAKO

Sun, Jun 14 - Araneta Coliseum

Tue, Jun 16 - Araneta Coliseum

Wed, Jun 17 - Araneta Coliseum

Fri, Jun 19 - Araneta Coliseum

Page 1 of 146 1 2 11 51 101 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 2911
  1. #1

    The PBA on TV5 Official Thread (2nd iteration)

    Since ABS-CBN did not submit the bid for the P900 million 5-year base contract, TV5 is now the solo virtuoso bidder for the upcoming PBA season. Should the PBA board get the nod, this marks the return of Asia's first play-for-pay league to the Kapatid Network. In 2004, the get the franchise in a small amount. Now that MVP takes the cudgels, TV5 will make an appearance by covering its games live via AKTV on IBC 13 which will start on June 5..

  2. #2
    i dont know dito palang sa mandaluyong malabo na picure ng "AKTIV" channel eh...

    hmm PBA=900 million?? i dont think so!!!

    IT's all about the MONEY!!!!

  3. #3
    Kung tutuusin maliit pa nga ang 900m. Kasi it's just like the network will produce a primetime program for 5 years and will only spend 900m. Kung itranslate mo sa teleserye yan, billions of pesos ang costing nyan.

    I guess ok na ang IBC13 kesa sa wala.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanpajaro2008 View Post
    Since ABS-CBN did not submit the bid for the P900 million 5-year base contract, TV5 is now the solo virtuoso bidder for the upcoming PBA season. Should the PBA board get the nod, this marks the return of Asia's first play-for-pay league to the Kapatid Network. In 2004, the get the franchise in a small amount. Now that MVP takes the cudgels, TV5 will make an appearance by covering its games live via AKTV on IBC 13 which will start on June 5..
    afaik, solartv still have a live contract until the end of governor's cup, so that means, the pba games still with studio23 starting this june...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by lawgone View Post
    Kung tutuusin maliit pa nga ang 900m. Kasi it's just like the network will produce a primetime program for 5 years and will only spend 900m. Kung itranslate mo sa teleserye yan, billions of pesos ang costing nyan.

    I guess ok na ang IBC13 kesa sa wala.
    lol........maliit.......

    papano naman ang cost sa pagcover nila, plus yung renta pa nila sa ibc13?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by nick_28 View Post
    lol........maliit.......

    papano naman ang cost sa pagcover nila, plus yung renta pa nila sa ibc13?
    I don't know kung blocktimer ang TV5 sa IBC or MVP-owned na rin, either way, producing a program that will run for a year and will only cost for 180m is still relatively affordable.

  7. #7
    diba studio 23 parin ngayong governor's cup?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lawgone View Post
    I don't know kung blocktimer ang TV5 sa IBC or MVP-owned na rin, either way, producing a program that will run for a year and will only cost for 180m is still relatively affordable.
    blocktimer lang ang tv5 sa IBC.. hindi kay MVP yun

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tagor61 View Post
    diba studio 23 parin ngayong governor's cup?
    Yes. After the 3rd conference, TV5 will take over the coverage.

  10. #10
    180M a year e bayad pa lang sa TV rights yun. ibang usapan pa yung cost sa pagcover ng games and bayad sa IBC-13 as blocktimer.

    teleseryes in ABS and GMA are very expensive to produce pero they earn a lot on commercials dahil alam ng advertisers na maraming nanonood ng teleseryes. kung di kumikita ABS or GMA diyan, e di sana wala ng mga teleseryes.

    medyo nagmatigas lang ang PBA. kala nila ganun pa rin sila kasikat. nakatikim lang ng konting taas sa ratings simula paglipat sa Studio23 e nagtaas na ng presyo.

    kung sa bagay, madaming pera naman si MVP. barya lang ang 900M for 5 years at iba pang costs sa pagcover ng PBA games.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by kabakab View Post
    afaik, solartv still have a live contract until the end of governor's cup, so that means, the pba games still with studio23 starting this june...
    I appreciate your correction. It should be next PBA season which is 2011-2012.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by James Ty III View Post
    Yes. After the 3rd conference, TV5 will take over the coverage.
    to be exact, their first coverage would be on the first Sunday of October..

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by lawgone View Post
    Kung tutuusin maliit pa nga ang 900m. Kasi it's just like the network will produce a primetime program for 5 years and will only spend 900m. Kung itranslate mo sa teleserye yan, billions of pesos ang costing nyan.

    I guess ok na ang IBC13 kesa sa wala.
    Moreso if MVP will acquire the whole assets of IBC just like what he did on TV5, then we can see major changes on that network..

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanpajaro2008 View Post
    Moreso if MVP will acquire the whole assets of IBC just like what he did on TV5, then we can see major changes on that network..
    MVP will transform IBC into a sports channel. In other words, all sports ang ipapalabas niya sa IBC.

    In fact, MVP is also planning to bid for the UAAP and NCAA games once ABS's contract with both leagues expire, as well as the Olympics. Ganito siya ka-ambisyoso.

  15. #15
    james ty are u a smc fan?... some sarcastic comments regarding mvp.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by baletedrive View Post
    james ty are u a smc fan?... some sarcastic comments regarding mvp.
    No. It's just that MVP is very supportive towards sports and he is willing to spend a lot of money to help sports through his acquisition of the PBA TV rights.

    'Yung tungkol sa UAAP at NCAA na balak niyang mag-bid, binanggit ni Ricky Vargas in today's article sa Philippine Star.

  17. #17
    ^yup. thats why i like abc5 to have the pba.. in my opinion its better to have an owner of a channel full of passion for sports rather than owner who likes telenovelas. example. abscbn. charo santos

    unlike abc5. mvp is passionate for sports.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by baletedrive View Post
    ^yup. thats why i like abc5 to have the pba.. in my opinion its better to have an owner of a channel full of passion for sports rather than owner who likes telenovelas. example. abscbn. charo santos

    unlike abc5. mvp is passionate for sports.
    MVP kasi has the money to spend for the PBA. ABS had a good chance pero ayaw nila ng mga terms ng PBA board like paying P900 million for five years and not allowing products that compete with PBA teams to advertise in the TV coverage.

    Besides, ABS does not have that much veteran sportscasters who can cover the PBA regularly other than Bill Velasco. Many of them are younger and more fit for the college leagues.

  19. #19
    but i find bill velasco to be the greatest sports caster behind quinito henson and andy jao because of his fairness and good opinions.. hes not biased and 1 sided

  20. #20
    Kaso nga lang, Bill is a talent of ABS and no way he will transfer to another channel.

Page 1 of 146 1 2 11 51 101 ... Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

PBA Team Standings

WIN - LOSS
Barako Bull Energy 4 0
Alaska Aces 3 1
Kia Carnival 3 1
Talk N Text Tropang Texters 3 1
GlobalPort Batang Pier 3 2
San Miguel Beermen 3 2
Barangay Ginebra San Miguel 2 3
Meralco Bolts 2 3
Rain or Shine Elasto Painters 1 3
Star Hotshots 1 3
Blackwater Elite 1 4
NLEX Road Warriors 1 4

Hot Topics

QUIZ NIGHT:

Do you want to be on top? Join the Top Model Quiz Night hosted by Hyda Banks!

Do you want to be on top? Join the Top Model Quiz Night hosted by Hyda Banks!

read more
LOCAL AND FOREIGN ISSUES:

Usapang safety naman tayo, how can we prepare for an earthquake? Share and learn tips here!

Usapang safety naman tayo, how can we prepare for an earthquake? Share and learn tips here!

read more
PROMO:

Win 'San Andreas' shirts and other premium items in our movie promo here!

Win 'San Andreas' shirts and other premium items in our movie promo here!

read more
NCAA:

PExers offer condolences to CJ Servillon, the JRU Light Bomber who passed away during a FilOil game

PExers offer condolences to CJ Servillon, the JRU Light Bomber who passed away during a FilOil game

read more
SHOWBIZ:

Marian Rivera, pass muna sa FHM's 100 Sexiest!

Marian Rivera, pass muna sa FHM's 100 Sexiest!

read more
NBA:

Not yet over. Rockets dominate Warriors behind James Harden's 45 point explosion to avoid WCF sweep

Not yet over. Rockets dominate Warriors behind James Harden's 45 point explosion to avoid WCF sweep

read more