Citizenship & Immigration Canada: Questions and Issues (Part V) - Page 240 | Visas and Immigration | PinoyExchange

X

Page 240 of 317 First ... 140 190 230 239 240 241 250 290 ... Last
Results 4,781 to 4,800 of 6333
    hello everyone. I'm new here. I want to know is canadim immigration a legit company to process with? sino po dito naka pag proocess at naging successful with canadim. thank you

relatives sponsorship

Quote Originally Posted by jvcaunin View Post
    I am 21 years old. Can my relatives sponsor me? Thankss
    Sponsorship out of relationship except for spouse or parents, I would say no, especially that you are now an adult, and hence you have to apply as an independent migrant going to the current EE system. Another venue as how I read from www.cic.gc.ca would be via provincial nomination eg. particularly with Manitoba wherein parties could extend their support to you so you could apply but I'm not so sure about this. Read through the cic's official website to learn more. Goodluck!

Quote Originally Posted by ahem View Post
    Hi illumina, I'm also applying under OINP. Since you have close Filipino relatives in Ontario, I would just like to ask if they have feedback on how Filipino immigrants fare in terms of getting into the labor market? Kasi I have read articles that say immigrants (even those who are degree-holders) are more likely to become impoverished in Canada. I don't want to get discouraged this early since I've always wanted to live in Canada. I just hope that Filipino immigrants do fairly okay at the very least. Thank you very much!

A good quote to live by when coming here... Also, upgrade and prove yourself that you are at par with the standards they expect here... Life is better here, depends on how you live it... Goodluck...

https://www.facebook.com/CityofEdmon...type=3&theater

Hi po guys it's been a while,

Ask ko lang po ano po ba magandang score sa IELTS pampataas ng points and meron ba free reviewer online? salamat! Also magkano nmn po if mag punta sa review center? Mag take na kasi si hubby ko and we are looking for an IELTS na pang Canada, may alam ba kayo guys?

Again salamat..

Quote Originally Posted by elusivearl View Post
    hindi na yata pwede kung hindi immediate family. paki check 'to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/

pwede pa dati via provincial nominee...depende kung saan province nakatira yung relatives mo via...pero binago na nila yung policy
    check mo baka pwede pa. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...-apply-who.asp

Thanks for the direction and the advice, illumina and pappylips! We just really have to strive hard and remain optimistic. Good luck to us all!

Foreign trained professionals... (AB in particular)

Quote Originally Posted by ahem View Post
    Thanks for the direction and the advice, illumina and pappylips! We just really have to strive hard and remain optimistic. Good luck to us all!
    A good read...

http://alis.alberta.ca/pdf/cshop/WorkingInAlberta.pdf

another one... http://www.iafcanada.org/

I hope some commentaries here would let you get a picture of how to cope/succeed here ( see Matthew and Felee's experience, both nurses from Pinas). Sabi nga ni Pepito Manaloto, only 2 letters which distinguished "possible" from "impossible"... that is Im or ikaw... Goodluck!!

Hi everyone, I am new here and also starting to look for options s pag migrate to CA. my tanong *** po about change in status... If I applied as single meron bang issue kung after ko makarecieve ang ITA eh nagchange ako ng civil status to married? What are the chances n maisama ko ang partner ko s pag migrate?
    Maraming salamat po.

I got an ITA in New Brunswick. Will keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by palawander View Post
    WOW!!! Congrats po..

Quote Originally Posted by palawander View Post
    Congrats! Good luck! Mabilis lang yata mag nominate ang NB.

Quote Originally Posted by poleng86 View Post
    Hi everyone, I am new here and also starting to look for options s pag migrate to CA. my tanong *** po about change in status... If I applied as single meron bang issue kung after ko makarecieve ang ITA eh nagchange ako ng civil status to married? What are the chances n maisama ko ang partner ko s pag migrate?
    Maraming salamat po.
    Pwede naman but you have to be sure your marriage date is AFTER getting the ITA or submitting the electronic PR app or else magiging misrepresentation yan if you declared yourself single sa EE profile tapos biglang isisingit mo yung asawa mo after ITA tapos yung date sa marriage certificate ninyo before the ITA pala.

Not all who wander are lost joeyboy0411's Avatar
    Newbie here.

How accurate is the free degree equivalency of WES? Were there instances that the actual equivalent is different? Or yun na din ba talaga yung equivalent na ibibigay nila pag nagpa-evaluate ka na for real? Haha

My mom applied for PR under the old LIC program last 2011 pa. The processing is painfully slow kaya she wants me to try Express Entry while waiting. I've already taken my IELTS and I can say that I did well. I got an 8 in speaking and listening, 7.5 in writing, and 7 in reading.

Thanks.

^ Mine was accurate to the free evaluation. If you graduated from UP/Ateneo/La Salle/UST, your degree will most likely be equivalent to the same in Canada.

The reality is even with that IELTS score you likely won't get an ITA in Express Entry unless you have at least one of the ff:

- masters degree or 2 degrees recognized in ECA
    - provincial nomination
    - 1 year Canadian work experience
    - LMIA

The draw last Wednesday was at 473 CRS points. Calculate your CRS here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...d/crs-tool.asp

thank you Illumina for the info, will note that.

Another question po, when submitting documents for ECA, university credentials nlng b ang ipapadala at hnd n isasama ang high school documents? Mejo naguluhan lang ako kc sa website ng WES under documents to send, Higher Education and Secondary education ang nkalagy. Salamat po ulit

Not all who wander are lost joeyboy0411's Avatar
    ^ I see. I may have come from one of those schools you've mentioned, so I guess I don't have to worry much about the degree equivalency thing (hopefully).

I'm still fairly new to this EE system. I've been reading and researching a lot, but I feel like there are still many things that I have yet to know.

If I have a close relative in Canada (my mom, in this case) will that influence my CRS points? Will that help in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by poleng86 View Post
    thank you Illumina for the info, will note that.

Another question po, when submitting documents for ECA, university credentials nlng b ang ipapadala at hnd n isasama ang high school documents? Mejo naguluhan lang ako kc sa website ng WES under documents to send, Higher Education and Secondary education ang nkalagy. Salamat po ulit
    According to the CIC site:
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...assessment.asp

"Depending on your case, you may want to have both your secondary and post-secondary credentials assessed, and not just your highest completed foreign credential."

But more often than not, only your highest credential should be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyboy0411 View Post

If I have a close relative in Canada (my mom, in this case) will that influence my CRS points? Will that help in any way?
    It will not influence your CRS points.
    But it will count towards your eligibility to immigrate as a Federal Skilled Worker: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...ly-factors.asp

thanks for the fast reply

Noticed that most of those that I read (from this forum) had their credentials assessed by WES, might as well submit my documents there for assessment. Or are there any more factors that I need to consider? Im in the accounting field, btw.

^ None, just that WES is the fastest and the most hassle-free of the ECA-issuing organizations.

This is just sad...

I just finished registering to mycic. I checked my application after 1hour. It says NOT ELIGIBLE!!!! what can i do next? Or is it because i checked too soon?

I had my ielts and got 8.0 over all score, WES gave me 2years equivalency on my nursing degree, i have 5years experience as a nurse...my husband is danish citizen, with masters degree in engineering.
    Bakit ganun?how come im ineligible?
    Last edited by Keemakenzo; Mar 15, 2016 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Need more info

Quote Originally Posted by Keemakenzo View Post
    I just finished registering to mycic. I checked my application after 1hour. It says NOT ELIGIBLE!!!! what can i do next? Or is it because i checked too soon?

I had my ielts and got 8.0 over all score, WES gave me 2years equivalency on my nursing degree, i have 5years experience as a nurse...my husband is danish citizen, with masters degree in engineering.
    Bakit ganun?how come im ineligible?
    Usually it's one of the ff:

#1. You entered a Primary/Intended NOC for which you do not have minimum 1 year experience in your Work History section. If so, simply create a new profile and make sure you enter a Primary NOC that you have the 1 year past work experience in the last 10 years for.

#2. You did not enter sufficient funds for the number of applicants, please check:
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/funds.asp

#3.
    It is possible you do not meet the 67 points passing score to be eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Please calculate your profile with the scoring system here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...ly-factors.asp

Language: ???? (what are your IELTS scores for each band)
    Education: 19 points
    Work exp: 13 points
    Arranged employment (hard to get): 0 points
    Adaptability: ???? (do you have close blood relatives in Canada? did your husband study or work in Canada before? or let your husband take the IELTS as well)

You can either:
    - retake the IELTS if you just need a few points to reach 67 points, or
    - your husband can take the IELTS to get 5 more points under Adaptability, or
    - your husband can also get his ECA (and IELTS) done since he has the masters degree so he can be the primary applicant.
    Last edited by illumina; Mar 16, 2016 at 08:30 AM.

Page 240 of 317 First ... 140 190 230 239 240 241 250 290 ... Last