PEx Highlights

Show Me Your Winning Teeths!

Merly and Chelsey are back for a new season of SMYT and they are 'happy to serve' you a new episode about the Miss World pageant and the UAAP Finals.

read more

PHOTOS: Aguilar, Ginebra Bully Talk N Text

Ginebra had no problems in their opening campaign after a 101-81 win over TNT. Japeth Aguilar proved to be too much for the Texters with his game-high 18pts, 18rebs and 5 blks.

read more

REVIEW: The Trial

If there's one particular asset the film has, it's the ensemble.

read more

PROMO: Big Hero 6

Join the promo and get a chance to win special screening tickets to Big Hero 6!

read more

PHOTOS: 40th PBA Season Opening Ceremony

Ellen Adarna, Megan Young and Alice Dixson led the parade of team muses yesterday during the Opening Ceremony of the new PBA season. Check our gallery here!

read more

PHOTOS: Kia Victorious in Battle of Newcomers

LA Revilla (23pts, 7rebs) stole away the spotlight off of boxing champ Manny Pacquiao's PBA debut, as he rallied Kia over Blackwater 80-66.

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early UAAP Season 78 Basketball Predictions

Since UAAP 77 Basketball is over, it's time to predict for the future: UAAP Season 78!

You can also discuss what went right and wrong to the 8 teams in the UAAP Season 77.

For me, UE and La Salle are still the teams to beat for next season. UE still has Javier, Sumang, Mammie and Arafat. Aside from that, may Jumo-as, De Leon, Varilla pa sila. La Salle is also another team to beat with Teng, Perkins, AVO to lead the team.

NU, despite being the champions, they are not the team to beat. They will lose Betayene, Rosario and Khobuntin, but still have Aroga and Alolino to lead the way. Defense rin nila will help them to be back.

Ateneo, FEU and UST are also dark horses. UST has a better lineup next year with Vigil, Ferrer, Daquioag and Abdul leading them. Meron pa silang Basibas, Lao, Subido and the others to contribute

no twice-to-beat advantage is safe

I heard through the grapevine that Sumang is leaning towards joining the PBA. Ditto AVO. But then again, a lot can still happen 'til next season.

Based on who will be coming in from each school's team B, we'll probably see the same top 5 teams and the same bottom 3 teams (rankings may vary within each group). This is not taking into account true rookies from this year's upcoming graduating high school batch but one also has to consider that said batch is not as deep and talented as last year's (current rookies this year).

Quote Originally Posted by pepsipunk View Post
    Since UAAP 77 Basketball is over, it's time to predict for the future: UAAP Season 78!

You can also discuss what went right and wrong to the 8 teams in the UAAP Season 77.

For me, UE and La Salle are still the teams to beat for next season. UE still has Javier, Sumang, Mammie and Arafat. Aside from that, may Jumo-as, De Leon, Varilla pa sila. La Salle is also another team to beat with Teng, Perkins, AVO to lead the team.

NU, despite being the champions, they are not the team to beat. They will lose Betayene, Rosario and Khobuntin, but still have Aroga and Alolino to lead the way. Defense rin nila will help them to be back.

Ateneo, FEU and UST are also dark horses. UST has a better lineup next year with Vigil, Ferrer, Daquioag and Abdul leading them. Meron pa silang Basibas, Lao, Subido and the others to contribute

team to beat ang NU dahil sa depensa nila at sa coach, nandyan pa si Aroga at Alolino

ok pa rin naman ang FEU dahil kay coach nash at nandyan pa sina tolomia, inigo at belo

mukhang babawi ang DLSU next season dahil sa super rookie nila

ewan ko lang ang ADMU, sablay ang coach eh, kawawa si Kiefer, sa kanya lahat

UE, baka magmilagro pero dapat sa 1st round pa lang magpakitang gilas na, si Sumang lang kasi ang nagdadala eh

sa UST, wala akong ideya

Adamson at UP, baguhin ang basketball program

Internet Celebrity __bahay_kubo__'s Avatar
    hopefully, UP won't see Madrid as its head coach next season.

as of October 15:

1. DLSU
    2. NU
    3. ADMU
    4-6 UST FEU UE
    7. UP
    8 .AdU

Actually, of all of the line-ups, intact pa rin yung sa UE ans DLSU

DLSU: AVO, Jeron, Jason, Kib, Julian, Thomas, Prince. Then dagdagan mo pa ng Torralba and Mbala.

UE: Mammie, Arafat, Varilla, Sumang, De Leon, Jumo-as, Javier.

NU: Aroga, Alolino, Javelona, Diputado, Alejandro, Celda and Perez

FEU: Russell Escoto, Tolomia, Belo, Pogoy, Jose, Inigo, Dennison, Tamsi

UST: Abdul, Daquioag, Ferrer, Vigil, Lao, Basibas, Subido and Sheriff

ADMU: Kiefer, Fonzo, Pessumal, Thirdy, GBoy, Gwynne, Arvin, Apacible. Then dadating pa sa kanila si Pingoy

UP: Moralde, Reyes, Asilum, Gallarza, Lao

For me: DLSU-FEU-ADMU-NU-UE-UST-UP-AdU

7 teams (based on their projected lineup and capability) have the chance to beat one another.

DLSU, NU and UE are the teams to beat.
    FEU, UST and Ateneo are the dark horses.
    UP can also be a darkhorse.

Internet Celebrity __bahay_kubo__'s Avatar
    ^ UP can be a dark horse or even a contender if Madrid is not the head coach of the team. it's as simple as that. i hope the rest of UP realizes that soon.
    Last edited by __bahay_kubo__; Oct 16, 2014 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by __bahay_kubo__ View Post
    ^ UP can be a dark horse or even a contender if Madrid not be the head coach of the team. it's as simple as that. i hope the rest of UP realizes that soon.
    Same story with USTe.
    Same coach, same results.
    Less expectations, less pain.

Actually. UP's problem is not anymore the lack of facilities, since nabigyan na sila ng bagong gym funded by MVP. It's more about the coach na. Same with UST. They have facilities naman, pero they still struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight View Post
    Same story with USTe.
    Same coach, same results.
    Less expectations, less pain.
    I will give Bong another year. Sobrang bara-bara lang talaga ang pagka-appoint sa kanya before the season started.

UST will also banner Bonleon and Suarez who went residency. They can contend for the Final 4, hopefully

Sino ba mga pwede na for next year?

Ateneo is Jerie Pingoy diba?
    La Salle is Mbala and Torralba
    UST is Bonleon and Suarez? Ano position ni Suarez?

Straight team A ba ang Nieto Bros? or si Mike mag team B muna?
    Matt Nieto is a good backup kay pinggoy.

I think at this stage Mbala is still overhyped. We've seen him only in that PCCL two years ago. Iba pa rin ang UAAP. Until he actually plays in a UAAP game, I will reserve judgment on how good he is.

That said, DLSU's losses next year will be huge (despite the entry of Mbala) especially if AVO decides not to play his last year of eligibility. Norbert, for all his faults, provides a defensive presence inside that AVO has not yet matched (and likely never will). Vosotros commands the opposing team's defense because of his shooting ability. It remains to be seen whether his projected replacement (Torralba, another guy who has not been tested in the UAAP) will command the same defensive respect from other teams.

Next to DLSU, I think the loss of ADMU's Newsome and Elorde will have the biggest impact. Newsome is the only guy with sufficient height on that ADMU who can take it strong to the hoop, and honestly he's their most versatile player this year (sorry, Kiefer). Plus, both Elorde and Newsome are above average defenders on one of the league's worst defensive teams, so their defensive absence will be felt. I doubt Pingoy and Cani (if he is allowed to play), can overcome the losses of those two.

NU's Rosario and Khobuntin are both vital players in NU's cause this season, and their losses will be felt as well (more Rosario than Khobuntin). They can repeat as champions depending on who the Rosario replacement will be. I expect Neypes to take on the Khobuntin starter role. Betayene is also gone next year, but NU has another replacement import waiting to play already.

FEU has an intact line-up, since only Hargrove and Carl Cruz will be leaving. FEU likewise has another import ready to play (I've seen him watching in some of the games).

Without looking at potential recruits, I still see the same final four cast next season. FEU will likely be #1 after the elimination round. The other three schools can all be #2, it's a toss-up.

Ateneo will lose Elorde and Newsome, and maybe some other guys, because coming in are Pingoy and Cani plus two African imports. Hindi ako sigurado pero meron pa yatang Fil-Am or Fil-foreigner na papasok. Ateneans expect a lot this season 78.

Season 78 will most likely be the same, with the same 5 teams battling for contention.

1. NU
    2. UP - pag nagbago sila kung hindi UE
    3. FEU
    4. DLSU
    5. UE
    6. UST
    7. ADMU
    8. ADU

Quote Originally Posted by __Esther_Liu__ View Post
    1. NU
    2. UP - pag nagbago sila kung hindi UE
    3. FEU
    4. DLSU
    5. UE
    6. UST
    7. ADMU
    8. ADU
    droga pa more

Quote Originally Posted by greener View Post
    Ateneo will lose Elorde and Newsome, and maybe some other guys, because coming in are Pingoy and Cani plus two African imports. Hindi ako sigurado pero meron pa yatang Fil-Am or Fil-foreigner na papasok. Ateneans expect a lot this season 78.
    Pingoy and Cani will replace Elorde, but who will replace Newsome? Plus, both Newsome and Elorde are above-average defenders. To me, that defensive presence is what Ateneo will miss in Season 78.

Ateneo needs to improve its team defense badly. Kung wala pa ring improvement, wala pa ring title for them next season.

UP will have a new set of players and coaching staff. From the CHK head down to the water boy.

Itaga mo yan sa bato! haha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast