PEx Highlights

Show Me Your Winning Teeths!

Merly and Chelsey are back for a new season of SMYT and they are 'happy to serve' you a new episode about the Miss World pageant and the UAAP Finals.

read more

PHOTOS: Aguilar, Ginebra Bully Talk N Text

Ginebra had no problems in their opening campaign after a 101-81 win over TNT. Japeth Aguilar proved to be too much for the Texters with his game-high 18pts, 18rebs and 5 blks.

read more

PHOTOS: Kia Victorious in Battle of Newcomers

LA Revilla (23pts, 7rebs) stole away the spotlight off of boxing champ Manny Pacquiao's PBA debut, as he rallied Kia over Blackwater 80-66.

read more

REVIEW: The Trial

If there's one particular asset the film has, it's the ensemble.

read more

PROMO: Big Hero 6

Join the promo and get a chance to win special screening tickets to Big Hero 6!

read more

PHOTOS: 40th PBA Season Opening Ceremony

Ellen Adarna, Megan Young and Alice Dixson led the parade of team muses yesterday during the Opening Ceremony of the new PBA season. Check our gallery here!

read more

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jade_roswell View Post
    May Korean din pero iba ang kuwento.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...oster-cana.jpg
    tagal na yan ah,napanood ko yang korean,okay yung movie na yan!

yung fairy tales na iba yung twist ang uso ngayon,pang adult na,pero mukhang gusto ko panoorin yang hansel and gretel

nice! i am so gonna be watching this..

JANSSEN JOINS NEW 'HANSEL AND GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS' INTERNATIONAL POSTER

Posted: 27 November, 2012 at 20:07 PM GMT
    Author: Steven Davies

Tommy Wirkola's 'Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters' slowly approaches, at least over in the US, and so its about time we were able to sink our teeth into a new asset from the reimagined Grimm tale. So let's introduce you to a new international one-sheet from the flick courtesy of IMP Awards. The poster shown below is close to what we've already seen from the US one-sheet but this one has something a little extra in the form of character Muriel, the flaming hottie in the background played by Famke Janssen ('Deep Rising'). Jeremy Renner ('The Bourne Legacy') and hot Brit Gemma Arterton ('St Trinian's) star as the vengeful siblings and they're joined by Peter Stormare ('Fargo'), Thomas Mann ('Project X'), Zoe Bell ('Raze'), Ingrid Bolsø Berdal ('Chernobyl Diaries') and Derek Mears ('Friday the 13th', 'Hatchet III') also star.

"15 years after their traumatic gingerbread-house incident, siblings Hansel and Gretel have become a formidable team of bounty hunters who track and kill witches all over the world."

The film opens in US theatres on 11 January.

'Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters' International One-Sheet

PROMO: Hansel and Gretel 'Win Advanced Screening Tickets' (Twitter)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE PROMO

In this spin on the fairy tale, Hansel & Gretel are now bounty hunters who track and kill witches all over the world. As the fabled Blood Moon approaches, the siblings encounter a new form of evil that might hold a secret to their past.

Follow PinoyExchange and tweet in Twitter to get the chance to be one of the five (5) winners who will win two (2) advance screening tickets to the movie HANSEL AND GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS on January 18, Friday, 7:00PM at SM North EDSA IMAX Theater.

Tweet Promo Message:
    I'm excited to watch Hansel and Gretel! In Cinemas Jan 23 via @PinoyExchange #HanselAndGretelAtPEx

CLICK THE TWITTER PAGE HERE AND TWEET NOW:
    HANSEL AND GRETEL 'WIN ADVANCE SCREENING TICKETS' TWITTER PROMO
    I'm excited to watch Hansel and Gretel! In Cinemas Jan 23 via @PinoyExchange #HanselAndGretelAtPEx

View the Movie Trailer here:
    HANSEL AND GRETEL Movie Trailer
    Read the Movie Review here:
    HANSEL AND GRETEL Movie Review
    Discuss the movie here:
    HANSEL AND GRETEL Movie Thread

IN CINEMAS JANUARY 23
    Like us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter

PROMO: Hansel and Gretel 'Win Advanced Screening Tickets' (Twitter) Mechanics

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE PROMO

Promo Mechanics:
    1. A thread will be created where the Twitter promo is published. The thread will be created in the PinoyExchange Promo forum as well as in the Movie sub-forum.
    2. Participants should follow @PinoyExchange Twitter account.
    3. Participants should tweet the promo message correctly and provide contact details afterwards.
    4. Participants who correctly tweeted the promo message will qualify for the prizes.
    5. Winners will be selected randomly by inputting all entries in an excel sheet and picking a number using a randomizer (www.random.org).
    6. The entry where the number of the row matched the number provided by the randomizer wins.
    7. One promo question will be posted within the duration of the promo.
    8. There will be five (5) winners in total.
    9. Winners will be notified by private message in Twitter by PinoyExchange, announcement in the promo thread, and through SMS.
    10. The promo will end on January 17, 2012 (Thursday) in the movie promo thread.

VIEW FULL MECHANICS

I wanna see this pero...

Wag na sa advanced screening.. Anlayo ng QC...

Have watched the trailer of this movie but not much interesting according to me...What do you think about that??

Get Legal Movies At MoviesDataCenter

better.... rathar than disney's version

interesting take on the fairy tale.

Gemma Artenton is

She played Tess in Tess of D'Ubervilles

Ngayon ang sneak peak nito dito sa SG then tomorrow ang regular showing. Gusto ko sana manood today kaya lang yung kapatid ko pinipilit ako na bukas na lang daw kami manood. Argh!

Movie Review: Hansel and Gretel: The Witch Hunters (2013)

Action | Fantasy | Horror

If you loved the Brothers Grimm fairy tale Hansel and Gretel as a child, then you might wanna know what happened fifteen years later after Gretel kicked the witch’s arse into the oven.

In MTV Films’ Hansel and Gretel: The Witch Hunters, we see the siblings, played by Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton, all grown up and earning their living as witch hunters in the small German town of Augsburg. And they’re good at it, despite Hansel being a diabetic (remember the witch in the gingerbread house had fatten him up?). Hansel and Gretel are ruthless and fearless, eliminating evil witches with their guns and explosives and clever weapons, while cussing sharply, dropping f-words here and there. They are awfully smug, too, because they are, for some mysterious reason, invincible—spells and curses seem to bounce off of them. But when they finally find themselves faced against Muriel (Famke Janssen), the most evil sorceress of them all, it's proving to be a rather difficult challenge.

This action-horror, directed by a Tommy Wirkola and released in IMAX 3D format, is one gory feast. Immediately, with all the macho guns and weapons and the cuss words, you see that it’s trying to come off as a cool spin to the famous fairy tale. But the movie is just one killing spree, like watching a video game. The characters are flat and underdeveloped; and aside from some interesting revelation about the siblings’ history, there is nothing much to the narrative -- Hansel and Gretel just killing witches until they’re faced against the most powerful witch in town. And so all there is to experience in this movie is gore. The witches look fascinating though as artfully designed monsters.

So if you’re into these kinds of action-horror flicks reminiscent of Van Helsing, or you’re simply a gore fan, or you have a crush on Jeremy Renner, you just might enjoy it-- In 3D-IMAX for a full, maximum bloody experience. It was kind of fun dodging bullets and blood splatter. However, this is an R-rated film due to its bloody violence, profanity, and some nudity, so don’t bring your small kids with you. This is surely not that kind of fairy tale.

6 out of 10 stars

In Philippine theaters on January 23, 2013. Also in IMAX-3D.

From the Official PEx Movie Reviews Thread

ok lang .. nag enjoy ako sa movie na ito... 7/10

crush ko talaga tong si Gemma...

reyna ng ukay ukay
    Watched yesterday.... hang ganda...

so much with the f word script too tad.. nice try though.

great team-up of Renner and Arterton

Atleast it was more enjoyable than the last Resident Evil.

Hawkeye and the Princess of Persia Make A Movie

I went in expecting the mindless but well-produced action, adventure, and unrepentant gore of Van Helsing, but Hansel and Gretel didn't quite live up to the silly goofiness of that film.

The premise had promise though: traumatized by a single witch with an appetite for baked boys, Hansel and Gretel grow up with a personal vendetta against cackling crones of all stripes and persuasions. And the fact that they were hunting witches - as opposed to ordinary human females -seems to absolve the film from all the violence against women it depicts throughout . Not that it wasn't satisfying to see evil hags getting trounced, but there were times when the brutality was a little too gleeful for comfort.

This film had its moments: the drawings of the missing children on the milk bottles was a cheeky nod to the pictures of missing kids that used to be printed on milk cartons in the US. The origin story was true to the classic fairy tale, Gingerbread House and all (although I think they substituted a Candy Cottage for this version.) And the reinvention and melding of the modern with the old - like Hansel's "Sugar Sickness" and his medieval syringe - was knowing.

Maybe a little too much so.

Jeremy Renner proves he's an actor who doesn't take himself too seriously, playing the deadpan, put-upon foil to Arterton's more no-nonsense Gretel. As a matter of fact, Gretel is so bossy she comes across as the older sibling (I'm just assuming Hansel is the elder, from the discrepancy in their height as children in the opening scenes, as well as his protectiveness of Gretel later on in the film.)

I'm not too hot on Gemma Arterton, though, so that colors my estimation of her portrayal of the "badass" Gretel. Arterton's Gretel does get her licks in, but also gets clobbered quite regularly - by witches and huntsmen alike - that her toughness comes across more as posturing than the real thing. Unlike Famke Janssen's Grand-Witch Muriel, who oozed campy yet cruel malevolence out of every pore. Although - and I realize I'm nitpicking here - I wish they'd done something about her looks, like curled her hair or something, because the cut of her dress plus the way they did her hair just reminded me of a raven version of her Phoenix character from X-Men: The Last Stand. Especially whenever she starts wigging out.

"Please don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

That being said, I liked the character design of the witches - it took me back to Angelica Huston's bald, crooked-nose malevolence as the Grand High Witch in the simply-titled yet genuinely unsettling The Witches. Pretty sure the witches' visages in H&G was more than just a passing homage by the director and the production designer.

The ex-future Mrs. Jack Nicholson just didn't take his philandering well at all.

Edward the Troll - a not-so-playful jab at Twilight's hero, I'm almost sure - was a strange delight; it's curious to be involved in what was probably just a CGI character. But they managed to humanize him so much I felt a certain empathy for the big lug - think of him like a live-action Shrek, but a chronically-depressed one.

Pictured above: Troll.

Thought they wasted the great Peter Stormare as the Sheriff in this film; he's a character actor of such weight and has an air of quiet menace about him (one has to recall his portrayal of Satan in a white suit in Constantine), but he was reduced to a mere supporting character. I was hoping there would've been more to the Sheriff than met the eye, but in the end he was simply a rabid buffoon.

Of course, one has to expect some kind of "twist" in these stories, and while the "reveal" in Hansel & Gretel wasn't horrible, it was neither surprising nor earth-shattering. It was also nice that they went [spoiler start] full circle, at least geographically, but if they were going to end with the way they began, I was hoping that Muriel would die by fire instead of being decapitated by a shovel. For a Grand-Witch whose great scheme was all about gaining invulnerability to fire, death by fire in the legendary oven would've been a supremely fitting, poetic end.[/spoiler end]

I watched Hansel & Gretel in 3D and will recommend that you see it in a normal screening, as the 3D is gimmicky and adds nothing to the film, unlike the glorious way it expanded the beauty and mystical aura of Life of Pi.

Still...there are worse ways to waste 1 hr. and 35 mins. of your life than watching Hansel And Gretel.

Like, oh...watching Twilight, maybe.

But that's quite another tale for fairies
    Last edited by baredevil696; Jan 25, 2013 at 09:45 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast