PEx Highlights

PROMO: The Book of Life

Join the promo and get a chance to win exclusive The Book of Life merchandise!

read more

Top Female Celebrities

2 more weeks and she will officially be the IT GIRL of the month. Can her fans keep it up? Jane Oineza is still PEx's Top Female Celeb!

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

PHOTOS: Aguilar, Ginebra Bully Talk N Text

Ginebra had no problems in their opening campaign after a 101-81 win over TNT. Japeth Aguilar proved to be too much for the Texters with his game-high 18pts, 18rebs and 5 blks.

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter

Be in the know! Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter for community, movies, sports and promo updates.

read more

ABS-CBN presents CEDIE: Ang Munting Prinsipe starring Zaijan Jaranilla!!!

Kapamilya News: I got good news for Mara Clara fans. The No. 1 primetime teleserye MARA CLARA is EXTENDED! The primetime teleserye ay extended daw ng 1 month na dapat sana ay matatapos sana sa April 2011. May papasok na bagong character that will be portrayed by Diego Loyzada, anak ni Cesar Montano.

Another news, there are rumors that ABS-CBN is going to remake the classic Japanese cartoon aired on Kapamilya Network in the 90's CEDIE ANG MUNTING PRINSIPE. Naging sobrang hit ito noon na ginawa pang movie ito ng Star Cinema na pinagbidahan ni Tom Taus (kapatid ni Antoinette Taus x-gf ni Dingdong Dantes), Jacklyn Jose and Ronaldo Valdez.

Si Zaijan Jaranilla diumano ang gaganap sa remake ng CEDIE. I hope this would push through.

Little Lord Fauntleroy, also known as Shoukoushi Ceddie (小公子セディ Shōkōshi Sedi?, trans. Little Prince Cedie), is a Japanese anime series produced by Nippon Animation in 1988 and was broadcast on the World Masterpiece Theater, an animation staple that showcased each year an animated version of a different classical book or story. The series is based on Frances Hodgson Burnett's book, "Little Lord Fauntleroy".

Plot

The story concerns an American boy named Cedric Errol (more fondly known as Cedie), who at an early age finds that he is the sole heir to a British earldom and leaves New York to take up residence in his ancestral castle. After some initial resistance, he is joined by his middle-class mother, the widow of the late heir, James Errol. His grandfather, the Earl of Dorincourt, intends to teach the boy to become an aristocrat, but Cedie inadvertently teaches his grandfather compassion and social justice, and the artless simplicity and motherly love of dearest warms the old man's heart.

Music

Opening Theme
    "My Cedie" (ぼくらのセディ Bokura no Sedi?)
    Lyrics by: Michio Yamagami
    Composition by: Kōichi Morita
    Arrangement by: Kazuo Ōtani
    Song by: Hikaru Nishida
    Ending Theme
    "For the Sake of Loving Someone" (誰かを愛するために Dare ka wo Aisuru Tameni?)
    Lyrics by: Michio Yamagami
    Composition by: Kōichi Morita
    Arrangement by: Kazuo Ōtani

Trivia

Shōkōshi Cedie was a runaway hit in the Philippines, as was Hodgson-Burnett's other animé-adapted work Princess Sarah. Both series were adapted into feature-length, live-action films by Star Cinema. The film adaptation of Little Lord Fauntleroy stars former child actor Tom Taus Jr. as the eponymous character.
    A video game based on the series was made for the Nintendo Family Computer and was released 24 December 1988.
    In one of the episodes, Cedie is seen reading a National Geographic Magazine, which featured British aristocrats.

meet Tom Taus Jr., siya ang gumanap na Cedie sa movie-adaptation ng SC!

nakuh baka maging princess sarah lang to.. eek

Ngeek di bagay kay Zaijan Jaranilla yung role, mas bagay sa anak ni carmina and zoren na pwede talaga as anak mayaman.

Cute nga cia sa picture na nasa itaas pero di na yan ang look niya now since medyo mas bata pa siya sa picture na yun.

ehm...i'll pass on this one...i don't want any remakes for zaijan...and he's growing up really fast...

Quote Originally Posted by kkk11 View Post
    ehm...i'll pass on this one...i don't want any remakes for zaijan...and he's growing up really fast...
    yup, i saw him recently..sa snn ata..grabe parang may nagbago sa mukha niya

Ok lang for me si Zaijian. Dalian lang ng ABS kung balak nga talaga nila i-remake ito kasi lumalaki na si Zaijian.

Tsaka sa'n ba location nila? Magastos siguro kung susundin nila yung orig, why not dito na lang sa Pinas, may maganda namang locations eh, for example yung Harlem, NY gawin na lang sa Tondo!!

mukha ngang magastos..kasi di ba ang setting may malawak na rancho (tama ba?)