PEx Highlights

PEx Halloween: Pinoy Horror Stories

Nakakita ka na ba ng aswang o multo? Nakaramdam ng masamang spirito at mga maligno? Kwento mo na dito!

read more

REVIEW: Beauty in a Bottle

Beauty in a Bottle is worth the look thanks to its witty and poignant script and terrific performances from its cast.

read more

PHOTOS: Purefoods Back to Winning Ways

Mark Barroca starred in a furious 2nd half comeback win against the GlobalPort, scoring 25 points for Purefoods.

read more

Inflatable robot Baymax takes the spotlight!

In Disney's Big Hero 6, a plus-sized inflatable robot named Baymax makes a difference in the life of teen prodigy Hiro Hamada.

read more

PHOTOS: Aces Demolish Bolts

Alaska went on a demolition job against Meralco, defeating the Bolts by an embarrassing 41-point deficit, 105-64.

read more

FEATURE: Expectations for Gilas 3.0

With Chot Reyes out of the picture and the Gilas program 'under review', JPM ponders on the possibilities that may happen in the new Gilas.

read more

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 143brent9 View Post
    nanonood kami ng ka-officemate ko ng TIKTIK last night.. i was expecting na scary sya just like THE ROAD last year pero it turned out COMEDY-SLASH-ACTION-SLASH-HORROR and everything pala..

wala akong pangit na masasabi sa movie.. sobrang ganda.. hindi lang sila tumutok sa SPECIAL MEGA EFFECT kundi pati sa STORYLINE, maayos din.. hindi tulad ng PANDAY 2 last MMFF na nag-concentrate sa speciaL effect na to the piont na nakakalimutan na paano pagandahin ang story..

ang gagaling nilang lahat.. STAND OUT sa akin sina Janice De Belen as bungangerang nanay at asawa.. pati si Joey Marquez.. ang ganda ng chemistry nila ni Janice pagdating sa comedy.. kahit medyo limited lang ang exposures ni Lovi Poe.. lutang na lutang pa rin sya.. kasi super galing nya.. WAG SANANG PAKAWALAN ng GMA si Lovi.. nawala na sa kanila si Iza Calzado.. wag na nilang hayaang mawala pa si Lovi sa kanila.. ibang Dingdong Dantes din ang nakita ko rito.. galing galing nya..

i really love the movie.. ibang level ang humor niya.. mas malayong mas may SENSE ito kesa sa THIS GUY'S INLOVE WITH U MARE na nonsense talaga..

9.5 out of 10 ang rating ko nito.. almost perfect.. pang hollywood ang effect.. parang ALICE IN WONDERLAND lang ang peg..
    maniwala na sana ako kaya lang nadiscredit dahil sa thisguysinlovewithumare + napanuod ko *** alice in wonderland in 3d.. ang pangit ng movie. thanks for the review though!

Quote Originally Posted by maximoWafu View Post
    Philippines Box Office
    October 1721, 2012

(US $1 = 41.2175 Philippines Peso)

Tiktik: The Aswang Chronicles: Php 25,943,078 (1st Week)

This Guy's in Love with U Mare! Php 49,882,944 (2nd Week)
    Total Gross: Php 197,067,133

---

kaloka tong BOM
    tulog sa pansitan ang peg

baka latiguhin kayo ng buntot page ni Makoy, umayos kayo

may bagong trailer na ginawa ang GMA, andun yung mga good reviews ng mga critic like Philbert Dy, Pepe Diokno, pero kulang pa, yung kay Joey Reyes na tweet wala, yung kay Christine Babao, at iba pang mga nanood ng Tiktik na nagtweet na di kapuso ang ipost nila sa new trailer.

Cesar Apolinario ‏@cesarAPOLINARIO
    just finished watching d most talked about film #tiktik & even though its my 3d time of watching, it still left me in a state of awe #ASTIG

Tiktik: The Aswang Chronicles (2012)

First things first, I just want to say that GMA Films is a production that I often avoid. It's simply not my cup of tea and their stars often leave a bad impression on me. After watching Tiktik: The Aswang Chronicles, I can now say that I finally have a movie from GMA Films that I genuinely like.

To put it simply, this film restored my faith in Philippine cinema. Tiktik proves that you don't really have to compromise quality while still maintaining mass appeal.

Yes, this film isn't perfect. The special effects needs a bit more refining but I'm willing to overlook all of that. I am too pleased and happy with this movie that I'll gladly glaze over the weaknesses.

I'll go ahead and say it: this movie exceeds expectation. I think anyone who saw the trailer and ended up liking it still had doubts whether the movie could be as good as the trailer. It seemed too pretty and too badass to really be a Filipino movie. And I'm just so glad that I am proven wrong.

The entire story takes places in less than a day. It's quite short if you think about it, but it's all for the better because it leaves no room for petty side stories, irrelevant dialogue, fillers, and everything else that makes a movie longer than necessary. The story moves fast and keeps you at the edge of your seat from the very first appearance of our dreaded aswangs. The conflict is established early on and more than half of the movie is devoted to the protagonists trying to win against the supernatural. It's pretty intense if you ask me.

Despite it's one-day setting, the characters are pretty fleshed out. I'm not sure if it's because they gave use familiar characters such as the talkative nagger as the mother, the timid husband, the breadwinner turned pregnant daughter, and the ******* of a boyfriend. We see different sides of the characters as they try to fight off the aswangs. Well, being faced with aswangs can really bring out the best and worst in a person. It's just that they're placed in a situation that will push them to do things that their normal selves won't do. But overall, I think they acted in a way their real-life counterparts would have acted.

Joey Marquez, Dingdong Dantes, Ramon Bautista,
    Janice de Belen, Lovi Poe and Direk Erik Matti. ∞
    Kudos to whoever had the idea that having a jerk as hero can lead to a pretty good movie. Makoy, played by Dingdong Dantes, is the very definition of the guy you do not want to marry. He's hot-headed, jobless, rude, arrogant, and pretty much everything else you do not want in a husband. But through the course of the movie, he has a turn around and slowly becomes the kind of person that would be deserving to marry Sonya, played by Lovi Poe, and stand as the father of her baby. It's interesting how we do not have a protagonist that's the very definition of a hero. In fact, Makoy is pretty much the anti-thesis of a hero. But when he realized that the lives of his loved ones depend on his reliability, he steps it up and grows some balls.

I especially enjoyed Joey Marquez's portrayal of Sonia's father.. He succumbs under the stare of his wife, but when the situation calls for it, he knows how to take charge. He finds it difficult to argue with his wife, but when his family's life depends on it, he courageously faces off with monsters. Also, Janice de Belen is awesome as the mother who talks 100mph. Amazing, really.

Ramon Bautista has completely won me over with his "Ta-ta-ta--supot! Supot!" And Lovie Poe is okay, too, I guess.

This film has the movie formula that I actually like. Filipino mythology applied to the modern setting with a touch of romance sprinkled with some comedy and badassery, and tada! It's safe to say that this movie falls under the horror-comedy genre. I almost said zombie-comedy (see: Shaun of the Dead) but we have aswangs instead of zombie so yeah.

I'm a sucker for anything that puts a modern spin on Filipino mythology. It's too bad that mainstream entertainment seems to be jumping on the vampire trend over the past few years that they lost sight of our own roots. Filipinos do not grow up hearing stories from their parents about vampires and werewolves. We grow up listening to stories about manananggal, tikbalang and aswang. I am all for Filipino filmmakers who bank on our own culture and tradition when it comes to crafting stories for mass consumption.

What I like about Tiktik: The Aswang Chronicles is that it gives a fresh take on the myth that is the aswang. Here, we see them as a community that's just trying to lead normal lives. But once they feel wronged, they band together to fight the common enemy, humans. It shows a human side to the greatly feared childhood nightmare.

If Filipinos can produce movies like this, why do we continuously churn out crap after crap every year? If Filipinos have this amount of talent, then why are we hiding it from the entire world? If Filipinos can create a fantastic story partnered with stunning cinematography, then maybe more Filipinos would flock to the theaters to see local films instead of foreign ones.

I'm all for supporting our own film industry, but in recent years, we've seen little reason to support the movies they're making us pay P180+ to see. Sure, I'll support the industry. But give me movies that would make me feel as if I got my money's worth.

With that said, I beg filmmakers and producers and actors and actresses to push more movies like Tiktik: The Aswang Chronicles to make more appearance in our local scene.

http://asian-fixation.blogspot.com/2....html?spref=tw

Quote Originally Posted by bublleberry View Post
    ---

kaloka tong BOM

baka naman sobrang padding? imagine 80 million pesos ang ginastos ayon kay dingdong

sobrang patawa yung box office mojo..gma will release a statement disputing the figures mula sa very unreliable ng BOX OFFICE kuno kuno...na lahat ng pinalabas ng star cinema lagpas 50M hahahahah sobrang bilib....mag-100M na ang tiktik at nakaka-proud sabi nga ni dire joey reyes " the movie that won't insult your intelligence" ouch! ibig sabihin dami paring b o p o l s na manonood sa pilipinas...

Quote Originally Posted by ILovePanday View Post
    sobrang patawa yung box office mojo..gma will release a statement disputing the figures mula sa very unreliable ng BOX OFFICE kuno kuno...na lahat ng pinalabas ng star cinema lagpas 50M hahahahah sobrang bilib....mag-100M na ang tiktik at nakaka-proud sabi nga ni dire joey reyes " the movie that won't insult your intelligence" ouch! ibig sabihin dami paring b o p o l s na manonood sa pilipinas...
    eh bakit hindi dinispute ng gma yun past films nila? iba yun result sa bom and tabloid press released.

yun TGIWYM 13 millions din ang padding

Quote Originally Posted by ColeMcGrath View Post
    eh bakit hindi dinispute ng gma yun past films nila? iba yun result sa bom and tabloid press released.

yun TGIWYM 13 millions din ang padding

remember, sabi eh 200M as of today. that was Sunday that time! so meaning short of 3M lang SC compared to GMA films Tiktik na 50M 4days? where are the 25M? and the 5th day gross?

Flop

pano na makabawi ang Tiktik nito?ang dami pang producers?!grabeee ang Padding ah..ang layo sa Box Office Result..jinx talaga ang GMA FILMS

---

kaloka tong BOM

i think credible naman yang BOM, kasi lahat ng box office movies ehh pinalabas in more than 1 theater dito sa SM in our province on their first weekend, pero yung tiktik sa 1 theater lang..

Flop

kung makapag press release nmn kc tong Tiktik wagas sa Padding..10.8 million daw sa 1st day,50 million sa 4th day tpos 70 million as of Monday at ang source Facebook Official fan page..haha..tpos ngayon lumabas na ang Box Office Result 25.9 million lang pala 1st week gross..haha..san nmn kaya nkuha ng Tiktik ang 70 million?!!ilusyon n nmn prang AGB-GMA Ratings n puro ilusyon..mukhang d mkkbawi ang Tiktik sa kita nito..FLOP

Quote Originally Posted by maximoWafu View Post
    kung mag pag press release nmn kc tong Tiktik wagas sa Padding..10.8 million daw sa 1st day,50 million sa 4th day tpos 70 million as of Monday at ang source Facebook Official fan page..haha..tpos ngayon lumabas na ang Box Office Result 25.9 million *** *** 1st week gross..haha..san nmn *** nkuha ng Tiktik ang 70 million?!!ilusyon n nmn prang AGB-GMA Ratings n puro ilusyon..mukhang d mkkbawi ang Tiktik sa kita nito..FLOP
    pati tuloy ako, nagkamali na ng prediction kasi sa taas ng opening day gross na dineclared nila

so probably ganito ang nangyari

wed 7.5M
    thur 3M
    fri 4.8M
    sat 6.1
    sun 4.5

= 25.9M

basta sure ako max of 55M ang magiging final gross nya. we know that GMA has a bad legs in box-office if we'll base on history.

Your Beloved Angel MarionRivero's Avatar

Philippines Box Office
    October 1721, 2012

(US $1 = 41.2175 Philippines Peso)

Tiktik: The Aswang Chronicles $629,419 Weekend 1 = P 25.94 M

This Guy's in Love with U Mare! $4,781,152 Weekend 2 = P197.07 M

Ang layo lang ng BOM figures sa twitted and press release figures. Sana mabawi man lang ang P80M production cost. Go, go, go!

Last edited by MarionRivero; Oct 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM.

its a good movie.. not great.. DDD shows na he can act (after years in showbiz). janice and joey steals the movie from the leads esp lovie who did nothing here (though i believe thats what the character ask for). the movie as direk joey puts it "will not insult your intelligence". this kind of movies together with RPG (which i think deserves to be a box office hit and should win a handful of awards last MMFF) are the type of films that big production companies (ehem STAR CINEMA ehem) should invest into (making quality-mainstream films not just films to entertain). just my two cents

Banned by Admin
    nah. i dont think that's even true.
    e yung this guy nga lumalabas na ganun kataas ang kinita pero bakit parang di naman sha "talk of the town" kumbaga.

i do think kumita ang tiktik, and it rightfully deserves it coz maganda ang istorya ang pagkakagawa

may bagong trailer na ginawa ang GMA, andun yung mga good reviews ng mga critic like Philbert Dy, Pepe Diokno, pero kulang pa, yung kay Joey Reyes na tweet wala, yung kay Christine Babao, at iba pang mga nanood ng Tiktik na nagtweet na di kapuso ang ipost nila sa new trailer.
    Sobra naman kung isasama pa yong tweets nila pati sa trailer.

sana gma films and ddd and bumubuo sa tiktik soplahin ang inilabas na figures ng bom. prove nila na naka 70 m na talaga ang tiktik. pero based sa number of cinemas. ilang sm cinemas lang ang nag show sa tiktik ng 2 or more cinemas kahit ng first week.

Quote Originally Posted by haberdasher View Post
    nah. i dont think that's even true.
    e yung this guy nga lumalabas na ganun kataas ang kinita pero bakit parang di naman sha "talk of the town" kumbaga.

i do think kumita ang tiktik, and it rightfully deserves it coz maganda ang istorya ang pagkakagawa
    you dont believe because kafuso ka inday, im sure tuwang tuwa ka at maniniwala ka sa bom kafag 70 million nga kinita, pag kumita ang gma films walang padding para sa inyo, pag kumita ang sc may padding san ka pa, *** na ferfek

kinuha rin lang yung tweet ni Pepe Diokno at ng iba pa sa new trailer ng Tiktik kaya lubusin na ng GMA, Direk Joey Reyes yan na identified sa Dos dati at nasa TV5 na ngayon kaya lubusin na nila, yung write ups ng iba ibang kilalang kritiko ang ilagay nila sa trailer,
    maglalagay lang ng good reviews sa new trailer.... 3 lang ang nilagay,

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast