PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: ADMU Edges DLSU

Kiefer Ravena played like a man possessed in the 4th quarter to lead the ADMU Blue Eagles past the DLSU Green Archers 97-86.

read more

#NoLastHomeStand After All

Filipino basketball fans let down by PLDT All-Star Charity Event, labeled as, 'Gilas Last Home Stand' after last-minute cancellations.

read more

PHOTOS: PLDT Repulses NU

The PLDT Turbo Boosters pulled away with a tough 25-16, 25-23, 24-26, 25-19 victory over the gritty NU Lady Bulldogs.

read more

Top Celebrity Loveteams!

Check out which loveteams dropped and which ones came out on top this week!

read more

What's Wrong With the Green Archers?

After being penned the favorites of UAAP Season 77, the DLSU Green Archers are off to a slow opening in the season, now at 0-2.

read more

PHOTOS: Ferrer Leads UST Past FEU

Kevin Ferrer nailed crucial triples in the game's final minutes to help the UST Growling Tigers escape the FEU Tamaraws 69-67.

read more

Page 1 of 41 1 2 11 ... LastLast
    living the martini life lovejones's Avatar

New Cable Channel Showing Classic PBA games

While channel surfing yesterday morning, I chanced upon a classic PBA game being shown at "Pinoy Extreme Channel" which, I believe, replaced the Viva Channel.

The game was between Air21 (they still had Arwind, Ranidel, KG, etc)
    and Welcoat (Rob Wainwright) in an import-laced conference (the imports were probably 6'9).

Just awhile ago, I saw the tailend of the 1996 Game 1 finals match between - get this - Purefoods TJ Hotdogs and Alaska! How friggin cool is that?

For those in the know (help us out here Jay Mercado), is this going to be a regular feature in Pinoy Extreme Channel? What's the schedule?

For those using Skyline in Rizal, it's channel 61! For Destiny subscribers, it's Channel 83 daw according to Mico Halili.

LJ,

Yes, it will be a regular feature. My good friend, Ken Fortun, the same guy who we used to hear on FM radio over MAGIC 89.9 DWTM-FM, was able to secure the exclusive rights for airing the pat PBA games from 1975 to 2008. The collection isn't much from 1975 to 1982, plus a splinter of some good stuff from 1983 to 1987. The collection becomes wider as the later years come.

This was first done in the Middle East middle of last year through a local cable network. I'm privileged to be helping Ken in this project by providing him with the editorial content. Hope you get to enjoy the games.

living the martini life lovejones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
    LJ,

Yes, it will be a regular feature. My good friend, Ken Fortun, the same guy who we used to hear on FM radio over MAGIC 89.9 DWTM-FM, was able to secure the exclusive rights for airing the pat PBA games from 1975 to 2008. The collection isn't much from 1975 to 1982, plus a splinter of some good stuff from 1983 to 1987. The collection becomes wider as the later years come.

This was first done in the Middle East middle of last year through a local cable network. I'm privileged to be helping Ken in this project by providing him with the editorial content. Hope you get to enjoy the games.
    Good job man!

great.. saw this also last night, alaska vs purefoods. hoping to see some classic SMB games.

Banned by Admin
    Waaaahhh!!! Inggit ako !!! Wala ba to sa TFC? Kahit isingit na lang sa madaling-araw , papanuorin ko.

(Well, first of all , magpakabit muna )

uu nga, PBA Greatest Games pinalabas kagabi, napanuod ko, Alaska vs. Purefoods, nakakatuwa ang bata pa ni Olsen Racela...sayang lang at natalo Purefoods, pero ganda ng laro, iba talaga laro nuon kumpara ngayon.

sana next game, SMB games naman.

This month's feature is the 2nd Conference of Season 33 as well as the spotlight on Alvin Patrimonio and Venancio Paras, Jr. Which explains why LJ saw the game featuring Air 21 versus Welcoat. In that Express lineup, you still had Santos, De Ocampo, David plus import Steven Thomas. The other game between Purefoods and Alaska showcased Patrimonio as the co-player of the month...

sucks @SS.. sky cable walang pinoy extreme channel

Quote Originally Posted by lovejones View Post
    While channel surfing yesterday morning, I chanced upon a classic PBA game being shown at "Pinoy Extreme Channel" which, I believe, replaced the Viva Channel.

The game was between Air21 (they still had Arwind, Ranidel, KG, etc)
    and Welcoat (Rob Wainwright) in an import-laced conference (the imports were probably 6'9).

Just awhile ago, I saw the tailend of the 1996 Game 1 finals match between - get this - Purefoods TJ Hotdogs and Alaska! How friggin cool is that?

For those in the know (help us out here Jay Mercado), is this going to be a regular feature in Pinoy Extreme Channel? What's the schedule?

For those using Skyline in Rizal, it's channel 61! For Destiny subscribers, it's Channel 83 daw according to Mico Halili.
    how about for sky cable subscibers? thanks!

Napanuod ko nga din kagabi. Alaska vs. Purefoods. Clutch pa rin talaga si Jolas sa 4th quarter.

11. Mar 8, 2011, 11:13 AM

nakaka inggit naman! sky cable please get a hold of this channel!

I think this is the old Viva Prime cable channel.

lakas talga alaska dati.. sh3t si jolas parang si tenorio pala dati.

They're now showing the game between Red Bull featuring the 7'0 Adam Parada versus the Barangay Ginebra Gin Kings, which brought in 6'7 Rahshon Turner for reinforcement.

16. Advertisement

si adam parada dba pute yan na bano haha.. 7'0 na lampa yan e naaalala ko

anong channel yan pag sky cable ka jay p?.

pinoy extreme channel is former viva prime. ewan ko kung bago na owner. but the quality of the channel sucks

I don't know if Sky carries the old Viva Prime Channel - which is the precursor of Pinoy Extreme Channel. Check out their network guide and look for Viva Prime. Cablelink carries this on Channel 33.

I was wondering why the Alaska-Purefoods game was considered a 'greatest game' when it was shown yesterday. It looked like a blowout midway through the 2nd half.

Then Glenn Capacio and Bong Hawkins got into an altercation. Purefoods went on to rally from a double-digit deficit, only to lose when Rey Evangelista missed a FT in the final seconds when Tim Cone "froze" him by calling a timeout in-between his FTs.

Classic game indeed.

ako rin skycable. check ko nga sa guide kung meron, sa mga nakapanood ng old games, upload nyo sana sa youtube.

23. Mar 8, 2011, 12:45 PM

Page 1 of 41 1 2 11 ... LastLast