✰ MARIA ARAGON ✰ Little Lady Gaga ♪ ♫ The Future is Born [Maria's World #1] - Page 2 | Music Fans | PinoyExchange

Page 2 of 10 First 1 2 3 ... Last

Maria shines on Good Morning America

Winnipeg's own Maria Aragon performed for another major American TV show Thursday morning.

The 10-year-old YouTube singing sensation performed her "Born This Way" cover on ABC's Good Morning America, which was broadcast on the big screen in New York's Times Square.

Aragon's video has now had more than 13 million views.

The overnight fame began a week ago when Lady Gaga praised Aragon's performance on her Twitter account. The young girl has since spoken to the pop superstar on the phone, been invited to sing a duet at Lady Gaga's March 3 concert in Toronto and performed on the Ellen DeGeneres Show in L.A.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/entertain...-17390721.html

Maria Aragon sings Lady Gaga on ‘Good Morning America’

Maria Aragon, the Internet sensation with more than 17 million hits on YouTube, performed Lady Gaga’s hit tune “Born This Way” on Good Morning America today. It’s the same song she sings on YouTube that caused Lady Gaga to personally invite Aragon to perform a duet with her at a concert in Toronto.

George Stephanopoulos conducted the interview with Maria Aragon for GMA. The pint-sized singing sensation explained that it’s only been a week since she posted her video on the Internet, but it's been a whirlwind and that she is enjoying her instant fame. The 10-year-old also talked about her conversation with Lady Gaga. “She said that she was having a bad day, but that I made it better,” Aragon said on Good Morning America. When asked why she seems to connect with the song, she replied, “It’s about being yourself. God accepts you for who you are.”

Maria Aragon is set to sing with Lady Gaga in Toronto on March 3rd. In the meantime, she continues to make the media rounds. In appreciation of Aragon’s performance this morning, Good Morning America presented her with six months of free piano lessons. Aragon also appeared earlier this week on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, but says that she is anxious to return to Canada to see her friends again.

http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-nation...orning-america

from Maria's YouTube channel:

rojuanearagon Hello everyone! Just to clarify, I do not have a Twitter account. I only have one Facebook Fan Fage search "Maria Lourdes Aragon" and this YouTube account: "www.youtube.com/rojuanearagon" Thanks for all the support. LOVE YOU ALL! -Maria
    (1 week ago)

DARK SIDE!

MARIA ARAGON FTW

Quote Originally Posted by ervic View Post

MARIA ARAGON FTW
    ervic

Maria will be sharing the stage with Lady Gaga this March 3 on her concert. I'm sure she'll do great in their duet. Maria already has shown us that she has poise when she sang live on Ellen & Good Morning America. Maria's such a talented kid.

Yahoo! Philippines Trending Now [Feb. 21, 2011]

Maria Aragon's YouTube Channel Ribbons [As of Feb. 28, 2011]

Maria Aragon Covers 'Born This Way' On 'GMA,' Announces Duet With Gaga

Maria Aragon has had a whirlwind week after her cover of Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" hit YouTube. The video has since amassed over 13 million plays [16 million by now] on the site, and Aragon's performance was approved by Gaga herself on Twitter.

(Feb. 24), the 10-year-old singer stopped by "Good Morning America" to talk about her cover and to perform the song for the TV audience.

But that's not all that happened -- a few minutes into the interview, host George Stephanopoulos noted that Gaga would be playing in Toronto on Feb. 28. As Aragon is from nearby Winnipeg, the pint-sized singer announced that the millions-selling artist asked her to come to the show and perform "Born This Way" with her as a duet.

Aragon seemed quite receptive to the idea -- and we are too! The girl can sing, and we're sure it will be a true honor for all involved to perform together.

http://www.billboard.com/column/vira...05049442.story

Pinoy parents proud of daughter Maria Aragon

The loudest applause for 10-year-old Filipino-Canadian YouTube sensation Maria Aragon may very well come from her parents, who are nothing short of proud of her newfound fame.

“Pinagmamalaki namin siya… [proud kami sa kanya] 100 percent,” enthused Maria’s mother, an Ormoc, Leyte native, in a Skype interview with GMA-7’s “24 Oras,” Feb. 28.

It’s been just a few weeks since Maria posted on YouTube her piano-decked rendition of Lady Gaga’s new song “Born This Way” that moved the singer-songwriter herself, prompting her to tweet about Maria’s cover.

As one of YouTube’s hottest properties, Maria already had interviews one after another on radio, and appeared on some big-shot television shows such as "Ellen" (which prompted another tweet from Lady Gaga, branding her “such a doll” and a standing ovation from the audience) and “Good Morning America” (where its anchor George Stephanopoulos handed her a gift certificate for six months of piano lessons).

Another forthcoming milestone for Maria’s booming career is her much-awaited duet with Lady Gaga in her Toronto, Canada show in March. The invitation came personally from Gaga during their surprise phone chat during one of Maria’s radio interviews in Winnipeg.

As of this writing, her "Born This Way" cover has reached over 16 million hits on YouTube.

In spite of her spanking success, Maria’s parents admitted that their daughter, a Grade 5 student at the Isaac Brock School in Winnipeg, still misses school.

“Nung nasa LA nga kami, nandun kami sa hotel, umiiyak siya, sabi niya ‘I miss my school already’,” related Maria’s father, who hails from Mandaluyong City.

While Maria’s parents are supportive of their daughter’s music aspirations, they want her to continue her studies.

“Di siya titigil sa pag-aaral, tuluy-tuloy ‘yan…” said her dad.

Although she has not been to the Philippines, Maria gets to watch local shows on the boob tube. She also knows some Filipino celebrities such as Dingdong Dantes, Marian Rivera, Ogie Alcasid and Regine Velasquez. She also cited broadcast journalists Jessica Soho, Mel Tiangco, and Mike Enriquez.

Maria extended her gratitude to her kababayans in straight Filipino.

“Sa mga kababayan ko sa Pilipinas, binabati ko kayo ng magandang gabi at saka mahal ko kayong lahat,” she said.

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/306810...r-maria-aragon

Quote Originally Posted by choppertonitoni View Post
    ervic

Maria will be sharing the stage with Lady Gaga this March 3 on her concert. I'm sure she'll do great in their duet. Maria already has shown us that she has poise when she sang live on Ellen & Good Morning America. Maria's such a talented kid.
    up up up!

i love her!!! =)

so today na pala yung concert ni lady gaga sa toronto

early morning pa sa kanila... excited na ko napanood un.

god bless maria! good luck! aja!

Quote Originally Posted by calculusBUNSO View Post
    up up up!

i love her!!! =)

so today na pala yung concert ni lady gaga sa toronto

early morning pa sa kanila... excited na ko napanood un.

god bless maria! good luck! aja!
    hello calculusBUNSO

Actually tomorrow pa ang concert ni Lady Gaga (March 3, Canada Time)

I'm also excited to see how Maria performs.

Page 2 of 10 First 1 2 3 ... Last