PEx Highlights

UAAP End of Eliminations Power Rankings

Fun times in Katipunan, the streaking Red Warriors and a very happy Norbert Torres. All that and more in this week's power rankings!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner is a gripping and intense post-apocalyptic rollercoaster.

read more

First BPO Choice Awards Official Launch

The Core Productions, Inc., presented the first industry and awards night that revels the voice of the IT-BPO industry at the ICITE Auditorium.

read more

PHOTOS: Adamson Finally Captures Elusive Win

Check out match scenes from the final elimination game of the UAAP Men's Basketball season!

read more

Show Me Your One Big Teeths!

Virgie is absent but Merly has a special guest in this week's episode! Find out who it is in this week's Cheerdance edition of Show Me Your Teeths!

read more

FEATURE: The Travails of Chot Reyes

Find out as Jay P. Mercado weighs in on the criticism handed to our national basketball team coach, Chot Reyes.

read more

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
  1. #21
    Pasig Catholic College
    - home of the braves

  2. Jul 1, 2011, 10:37 AM

  3. #22

  4. #23
    Wesleyan University-Philippines. It's not really that famous outside Region 3, but it's an Autonomous school, one of the only 20+ schools all over the country to be awarded with that status (CHED gives it).

    Sa Cabanatuan, when they say WU-P, doon yung mga de-kotse. Anak mayaman kuno (e bakit ako mahirap? ). Mga englisherong high school students.

  5. #24
    La Salle Green Hills. Stereotypes? Hmm, bobo ang mga tiga-La Salle? On our first Math 17 class in UP, I was seated in front of our professor when he suddenly said that La Sallians were bobo. He didn't know that I was from LSGH though. People also think that we can not speak Filipino well. Also, there's this misconception that LSGH graduates are well-off.

  6. Aug 12, 2011, 03:34 PM

  7. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by jasetiojanco View Post
    La Salle Green Hills. Stereotypes? Hmm, bobo ang mga tiga-La Salle? On our first Math 17 class in UP, I was seated in front of our professor when he suddenly said that La Sallians were bobo. He didn't know that I was from LSGH though. People also think that we can not speak Filipino well. Also, there's this misconception that LSGH graduates are well-off.
    How is it a misconception that LSGH graduates are well off? How can one not be well off if you can afford the fee?? (By well off I mean relatively well off compared to most)
    Perhaps its a family member abroad footing the fees for their poor relatives back home? Are there many students like this in Lasalle?

    Just curious

  8. Aug 18, 2011, 11:56 AM

  9. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by jasetiojanco View Post
    La Salle Green Hills. Stereotypes? Hmm, bobo ang mga tiga-La Salle? On our first Math 17 class in UP, I was seated in front of our professor when he suddenly said that La Sallians were bobo. He didn't know that I was from LSGH though. People also think that we can not speak Filipino well. Also, there's this misconception that LSGH graduates are well-off.
    I'm currently in college right now and I have blockmates from LSGH. Magagaling naman sila ah. They're very people-person type and very bright

  10. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by channa_masala View Post
    How is it a misconception that LSGH graduates are well off? How can one not be well off if you can afford the fee?? (By well off I mean relatively well off compared to most)
    Perhaps its a family member abroad footing the fees for their poor relatives back home? Are there many students like this in Lasalle?

    Just curious
    Well, some students are there because of scholarship grants. I am not sure about the other students though if they have relatives working abroad. I had a scholarship halfway through high school.

  11. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by lukaretakoii View Post
    I'm currently in college right now and I have blockmates from LSGH. Magagaling naman sila ah. They're very people-person type and very bright
    That's good to know. What I can say though is that there are quite a number of LSGH graduates who get their hands into extra-curricular activities and leadership stuff.

  12. Oct 12, 2011, 01:00 PM

  13. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by jasetiojanco View Post
    La Salle Green Hills. Stereotypes? Hmm, bobo ang mga tiga-La Salle? On our first Math 17 class in UP, I was seated in front of our professor when he suddenly said that La Sallians were bobo. He didn't know that I was from LSGH though. People also think that we can not speak Filipino well. Also, there's this misconception that LSGH graduates are well-off.
    At UP, they have this image that Lasallians are just conyo air heads whose only positive trait is his/her family's economic status.

    While I concede to the fact that in general the student body of UP-D is a lot smarter than the student body of DLSU, DLSU obviously has their share of brilliant students as well.

    The UP faculty have this bloated sense of ego. Ganyan talaga diyan. I guess it's one of the reason why I enjoyed my stay in DLSU more than UP. Most professors at DLSU stay professional and they keep such personal beliefs which has no relation to the lesson to themselves.

  14. #30

  15. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by dashingdevonair View Post
    At UP, they have this image that Lasallians are just conyo air heads whose only positive trait is his/her family's economic status.

    While I concede to the fact that in general the student body of UP-D is a lot smarter than the student body of DLSU, DLSU obviously has their share of brilliant students as well.

    The UP faculty have this bloated sense of ego. Ganyan talaga diyan. I guess it's one of the reason why I enjoyed my stay in DLSU more than UP. Most professors at DLSU stay professional and they keep such personal beliefs which has no relation to the lesson to themselves.
    Not all UP professors are like that, there are some but not all. For one, I can honestly say that most instructors and professors in UPD's Department of Computer Science don't have a bloated ego. As for DLSU, I have no clue. I was supposed to study there though. :P

  16. #32
    sentimental norse god stifl3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    bloodsugarsexmagic
    lsgh! mga makukulit and marunong makisama

  17. #33
    Roosevelt College Cubao, notorious ng Cubao invaded ng Rooseveltians ang SM Cubao and Ali Mall.

    Proud Rooseveltian! Go Golden Eagle!

  18. #34
    I'm from De La Salle Santiago-Zobel in Muntinlupa. These are some of the stereotypes I know of our school:

    1. DLSZ students are spoiled, rich kids.
    Meron, pero hindi lahat ng mayaman sa amin ay ganun. May batchmates and friends ako na anak ng pulitko, artista o may-ari pa ng Krispy Kreme (seryoso.) Basta yun, mayaman, pero madami sa kanila kilala sa school kasi marunong sila makisama; sila pa nga yung mga active sa outreaches at kung ano pa eh. Pero meron din akong batchmate na mayaman, pero saksakan ng pagka-spoiled. Halos lahat ata ng Apple product binili na niya, hindi lang tig-isa ang iba. At dahil sa kanya, mayroon ding stereotype na

    2. DLSZ students are dumb.
    Again, meron. May mga talagang clueless, may mga hindi lang sanay sa buhay sa labas, may mga tamad, pero marami ring matalino sa batch namin. Ika-nga, hanggang top 40-50 ng batch ko ngayon ay mga 93-95 ang average (kasama na ako dun hehe.)

    3. DLSZ students are conyo.
    Naku, patay. Madami nyan, lalo na yung mga lipat galing ibang school, pero halos lahat sila marunong na mag-Tagalog pagkatapos ng isa o dalawang taon. And yes, kahit yung mga super yaman ay minsan nakakapagsalita na na "parang mga palengkero at palengkera" (masaya makipaglokohan sa kanila!)

    Hindi ko alam kung anong positive stereotypes ang inilalagay sa school namin, but from a personal perspective, marami sa mga taga-DLSZ ay friendly at hindi mapili sa kausap. Mahirap lang kasi sila lapitan, pero kapag nakilala nyo sila, masaya sila kasama. Hindi rin lahat sa amin ay mga mayayaman talaga; maliban sa akin, maraming scholars sa Zobel at deserving naman sila nito (lalo na sa financial aid kung saan ako scholar, kami ang may pinakamadami kung hindi man pangalawa sa athletic scholars.)

  19. #35
    Muntinlupa Science High School

    - cream of the crop
    - only rich people go there -> I kinda agree though. Some people here are REALLY rich but they do deserve the spot.
    - mayayabang -> Hindi naman masama kung may maipagmamayabang, diba? Basta nasa lugar lang.
    - school of inventors -> meh.

  20. #36
    Hi Friends, might be interested to put up a business? or a franchise,
    I really suggest my Business.
    VERY SMALL CAPITAL AND BIG EARNINGS!!!!

    Just check the video,
    and if you have any further questions just contact me @ 09266875840 or 09202492014
    .
    My skype ID is simokongako

    and you can email me at jamvalenzuela.vmobile@yahoo.com.ph




    Thanks, God Bless




    http://youtu.be/ImOWqcIS4OQ

  21. #37
    scott pilgrim's girlfriend banooples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    alabuuuhng
    Quote Originally Posted by pencru View Post
    I'm from De La Salle Santiago-Zobel in Muntinlupa. These are some of the stereotypes I know of our school:

    1. DLSZ students are spoiled, rich kids.
    Meron, pero hindi lahat ng mayaman sa amin ay ganun. May batchmates and friends ako na anak ng pulitko, artista o may-ari pa ng Krispy Kreme (seryoso.) Basta yun, mayaman, pero madami sa kanila kilala sa school kasi marunong sila makisama; sila pa nga yung mga active sa outreaches at kung ano pa eh. Pero meron din akong batchmate na mayaman, pero saksakan ng pagka-spoiled. Halos lahat ata ng Apple product binili na niya, hindi lang tig-isa ang iba. At dahil sa kanya, mayroon ding stereotype na

    2. DLSZ students are dumb.
    Again, meron. May mga talagang clueless, may mga hindi lang sanay sa buhay sa labas, may mga tamad, pero marami ring matalino sa batch namin. Ika-nga, hanggang top 40-50 ng batch ko ngayon ay mga 93-95 ang average (kasama na ako dun hehe.)

    3. DLSZ students are conyo.
    Naku, patay. Madami nyan, lalo na yung mga lipat galing ibang school, pero halos lahat sila marunong na mag-Tagalog pagkatapos ng isa o dalawang taon. And yes, kahit yung mga super yaman ay minsan nakakapagsalita na na "parang mga palengkero at palengkera" (masaya makipaglokohan sa kanila!)

    Hindi ko alam kung anong positive stereotypes ang inilalagay sa school namin, but from a personal perspective, marami sa mga taga-DLSZ ay friendly at hindi mapili sa kausap. Mahirap lang kasi sila lapitan, pero kapag nakilala nyo sila, masaya sila kasama. Hindi rin lahat sa amin ay mga mayayaman talaga; maliban sa akin, maraming scholars sa Zobel at deserving naman sila nito (lalo na sa financial aid kung saan ako scholar, kami ang may pinakamadami kung hindi man pangalawa sa athletic scholars.)
    Oh shiiiiiii! Haha. You put it very well. Especially the conyo part you mentioned.

    Many people have made fun of my Tagalog twang. Growing up from an English speaking Filipino family and background in high school, I'd be conscious about that as college started! It's not like I sucked in Tagalog naman, it's just that I spoke better in English. Hehe. But later on I started not to care so much anymore, in fact people tend to find it endearing. LOL)

    Hello, fellow Zobel graduate!

  22. #38
    High School: Saint Pedro Poveda College

    Daming comments tungkol sa Poveda XD Grabe. Kami ang school ng maarte, sosyal, high maintenance, mangaagaw, atbp. Minsan napakaboring kasi all-girls school pero mahal ko ang high school ko. Kami ang garapata ng "Galle" or mas kilala sa tawag na Robinsons Galleria. Halos lahat sa amin inglisera [at ako rin HAHA XD].

  23. #39
    trying to chase happiness lucas_scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    none
    Pisay - Mindanao

  24. #40

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Hot Topics

GILAS:

Ranidel De Ocampo on Asian Games: "Wala kaming pinag-uusapan kundi gold."

Ranidel De Ocampo on Asian Games: "Wala kaming pinag-uusapan kundi gold."

read more
TV:

Join the "I Do" discussion thread!

Join the "I Do" discussion thread!

read more
CHIT CHAT:

Who's going to the Manila International Book Fair?

Who's going to the Manila International Book Fair?

read more
SHOWBIZ:

Ai-ai delas Alas dating 20-year old DLSU student-athlete

Ai-ai delas Alas dating 20-year old DLSU student-athlete

read more
NMFtv:

Fashionpulis joins Mo Twister in an episode of gossip and revelations!

Fashionpulis joins Mo Twister in an episode of gossip and revelations!

read more
UAAP:

UE forces playoff for Final Four slot vs NU after beating UST, 78-73

UE forces playoff for Final Four slot vs NU after beating UST, 78-73

read more