i agree with rickym
- girls should be independent from men. having a guy should be just a bonus. get a job and earn your own money so a guy will not be able to take control of you or take advantage of you. i've seen a lot of friends who are stuck with their husbands for the sake of their children and money. they keep complaining that they are not happy but they don't have the balls to get out of the relationship because of the comfort they get out of the marriage money-wise.
- think like how a guy would think. but don't do it for the purpose to please a guy. some women claim that they think like a guy but still are very submissive. i am not saying be a b!tch either. what do i mean by this? enjoy your youth. date, get your heart broken, move on and learn...enjoy the experience.
- i agree with jerservixen too that women are in control. you just have to think that you have the option to choose your guy, your partner. some women settle with a so-so guy then complain. you have the control. you just have to know yourself first, know what you want and always have that mindset that you are in control of getting what you want.
- don't mind it if some guys don't pay you attention or reject you. reflect first if there's something wrong about you or with them. maybe you two aren't just a match. there's nothing wrong with being picky as long as you get your quality guy. men do that all the time. they get a gf, upgrade, then marry the woman they think is the best of all. don't ever downgrade! don't compromise your wants if you know you are gonna regret it later and resent your partner.
- now we know that we have control, there are some things though that we don't have control of. we cannot control the guys emotions and other factors. this is where frustration comes in...when you expect too much and get mad about things you have no control of. learn when to give up, accept that you don't have control of these things and don't take it personally.
- your ideal guy is just IDEAL. he only exists in your head. this is also related to the point above. but i thought you should not compromise your wants? yes, you still shouldn't compromise...but this is about some stupid expectations women have about guys. for example, a woman complains that her boyfriend does not text her enough. okay, maybe your boyfriend thinks 5 text per day is enough since you are spending the whole weekend together anyways. men are not mind readers. you need to tell them your issues in a none nagging manner. like i said, don't take things personally. this is more of your problem than his. you have created this man in your head and now he cannot act within your conditions, you get hurt. however, if you know you are not being irrational with your demands, you already told him about it and still he won't budge...then it's time to dump him.
- learn the art of "rubber-banding." most of us often wonder what we've done wrong after spending a wonderful time with a guy, then they suddenly disappear and lose interest. this maybe won't happen if we didn't give into sex early or stupidly called them a bunch of times after spending time with them. spell clingy. try this on a guy. spend a wonderful time with him and expect that the next day, he would rather spend the day alone, or with his friends. a guy has to gain back his masculinity and being intimate with you meant that he has lost in touch of this. when to contact him? well there's no rules, really. he could be really gone forever after that lol. my rule is, i let the guy contact me. if i don't hear from him, i just shoot him a plain message like hi, how's your day. if he doesn't initiate that much then he's not that into you. don't put all of your eggs in one basket.