PEx Highlights

Show Me Your Teeths: BesTEETHS!

The girls go emo and sentimental and pay tribute to best friends and sidekicks in the realm of Pinoy TV, movies, and... Batang X?

read more

Season Preview: UAAP Season 77

The most exciting collegiate basketball tournament is back. Find out what the different teams bring to the table in UAAP Season 77.

read more

Where San Mig Stands in History's Best Teams

What made the Grand Slam even more memorable was how San Mig had to overcome several obstacles to achieve this remarkable feat.

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Stuns DLSU

The FEU Tamaraws overcame a slow start to stun defending champs DLSU with an 82-77 victory to open UAAP Season 77.

read more

PHOTOS: San Mig Cops Grand Slam

San Mig became the 5th team in PBA history to achieve a Grand Slam after escaping Rain or Shine with a hard-earned 92-89 game 5 win.

read more

REVIEW: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Visually stunning, haunting and compelling, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is a must-see.

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LG Optimus P500 no Globe 3G/GPRS Settings Support Yet

Hi guys,

Though I've seen similar threads about my concern, I'd like to make it more focused on the unit AND particularly with Globe Telecom as one of the leading mobile network providers here in the Philippines.

Yes, I've purchased LG Optimus P500 and now it's already February(2011), almost four months after the item was launched last November 2010. But until now after visiting Globe Service Centre and as well as speaking with CS' via Globe (mobile) customer service assistance, up until now they don't have any support for the unit except for the manual configuration (which is designed and based from their assumption of using earlier LG Models 3g/GPRS Settings) Here's their APN settings for (prepaid/postpaid mobile browsing)

INTERNET SETTINGS (Globe)
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Go to Wireless & Network
    3. Go to Mobile Networks
    4. Go to Access Point Names
    5. Press Menu then New Apn
    a. Name: Myglobe Internet
    b. APN: internet.globe.com.ph (for prepaid http.globe.com.ph)
    c. Proxy: <not set>
    d. Username: <not set>
    e. Password <not set>
    f. Server <not set>
    g. MMSC <not set>
    h. MMS Proxy <not set>
    i. MMS Port <not set>
    j. MCC:515
    k. MNC: 02
    l. Authentication type: <not set>
    m. APN type: internet

But hey guys, it's not working!!! and the worst, it consumes my prepaid load!

Also, because of this I called again to Globe CS support as well as visiting LG Service Center. To make the story short, they instructed me to DELETE first all the Access Point Names (APN) which should be deleted manually by pressing MENU (Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names). But the unit (LG Optimus P500) does not allow this action. By pressing MENU button, there's only one option and that is RESET TO DEFAULT which results to deletion of the (above)new APN (Myglobe Internet) and what's left are the four APN default settings (again from Globe Sim-tattoo sim)
    1. MyGlobe Stream
    2. myGlobe Connect
    3. myGlobe MMS

Still, it's not working and same worst result......less and lesser prepaid load.

So I still reported these events to Globe CS... and now what's left for me (according to them) is to wait for their technical support and review. After their apology, I somehow realized perhaps Globe Telecom is still in their transition period of updating their system for Android Market even visiting their site (Globe.com.ph) which you might also encounter site glitches. This is really very bad.

Anyways, if you're experiencing the same problem or if you have any help please just post your reply here. I'm optimistically looking forward that one day I'll wake up and can use my unit for MOBILE browsing and I prefer prepaid mobile internet surfing.
    Last edited by Godspeed101; Feb 9, 2011 at 01:06 PM.

kinda weird kc I have the same phone and in my case i dont have to set or do anything to configure its 3G or GPRS to work properly with GLobe's network. Its automatically there. Actually I need to turn it off pa nga kc it automatically switches to Globe internet/3g/gprs w/o me knowing pag wala na ako sa wifi namin sa bahay tuloy nababawasan load ko...

Hi batang pinoy, thanks for your reply. ganun? hmmm bka nga ako lang nakakaexperience nito. I was wondering kasi sa USB Tattoo ko nakakainternet ako pero sa LG P500 hindi. Hmmm this is really weird. cge try ko nga next week I'll be transferring places bka may ok na Globe signal dun(Nasa Legaspi City Albay ako recently)... But can I just ask kung kumusta ang pag browse mo? Thanks again.

Hi, optimus one user din ako. ako rin nagagamit ko naman yung 3g ng phone ko, wala din akong binago sa settings. pagbili ko ng phone, tinry ko agad 3g ko at okay naman. mabagal nga lang 3g ng globe, di ko maaccess android market gamit 3g lang eh, kailangan pa rin wifi.

Another Optimus One user here. I haven't had any problems with using Globe 3G for internet access, Android Market included. My settings are the same as Godspeed101's, except that the APN type is not set (which probably shouldn't make any difference). I'm using a custom ROM though (void), and I didn't try using 3G with the stock ROM.

regarding browsing internet using this phone, i have no qualms actually most of the time pa nga ** na ako nagbrobrowse instead of my laptop lalo na pag nakahiga ako...

Im using the Globe tattoo sim card at wala naman problem.

Yun nga lang, mabagal ang internet. But im using skyfire so it's a little bit faster.

Whenever im connecting to internet, im using our wifi not 3G. ang bagal talaga ng 3G ng globe

Baka naman yung cell site mo lang na malapit ang wala pang support for browsing 3G on your mobile phone. I have that issue with my post paid smart bro plug-it, gumagana sya sa smart bro router, pero pag nilagay ko sa Wildfire ko yung sim, ayaw gumana ng 3G. Sa work place ko yan pero pag nasa ibang lugar ako gumagana naman both sa smart bro plug-it and sa mobile phone yung 3G ng sim

RC ♥'s & Taengoo ♥'s serenity_azarie's Avatar
    okay naman sa akin kaso mabagal nga pala talaga ang 3G ng globe

hi Godspeed! i'm having the same problems with Globe. i also tried deleting my existing APNs (using APN Backup and Restore app), manually creating the settings they gave me, pero walang nangyari.

Have you tried using a different Globe SIM (preferably a new one)? I did that twice - first, with my Globe Tattoo mobile broadband sim, second, with a newly-purchased sim. and you know what, it worked for both. so nagtataka ako, anong wala sa sim ko na meron dun sa ibang sims. I've contacted Globe a million times already and they can't give me an answer. at madalas, they kept on disconnecting.

i can't risk changing my sim para lang magamit yung phone ko for mobile browsing because i've been using my sim for almost 9 years now. hassle magpalit. pero hassle din yung di ko magamit yung phone ko to check my email when i'm out of office. may nakausap ako from another forum and he's experiencing the same prob. sabi nya pumunta na siya sa globe business ctr pero wala ding naitulong sa kanya.

^ ma-try nga ang bagong sim

Hi guys! I'm a bit overwhelmed with your posts. so please allow me for a quick reply.

di ko maaccess android market gamit 3g lang eh
    - Hi Klintz, meron pa bang iba na 'di ka na-access or nabbrowse using 3g aside from android market?

I'm using a custom ROM though (void), and I didn't try using 3G with the stock ROM.
    - Hi HK-47, I'm curious about your custom ROM (void), can I ask please for more infos about it? thanks in advance.

Hi batang pinoy, unfortunately, dito na ako ngayon sa Naga City at sa area na may 3g pero ganun pa din. di ako makaaccess sa internet.

Hi Pythos, thanks sa info. Buti ka pa nagagamit mo na ang unit mo for 3g mobile browsing.

Hi dementedkid, malamang nga? ilang beses na ako tumawag sa globe pero ang sabi lang nila wala pa silang technical support sa ganitong unit. sinubokan pa nga nila na icheck signals dito sa area ko (Naga) wala na man daw problema.

Hi SerenityAzarie, can I just ask please kung ano po gamit mo na globe sim, post paid? prepaid? kasi I've heard different issues regarding sim na dapat daw activated na sa unit(CP). at yun nga sinabi ko sa Globe CS, wala pa nga raw silang support for the unit. and worst di pa nila alam kung kelan magkakaroon.

Hi zero5two5, yes we have similar issues and same scenarios na kung baga hahaha.... pero hmmm that's a nice idea na itry ang maraming sim. hehe nag try na ako smart sim just to check kung nagbabago ba yung mga APN settings. and yes nagbabago nga, naging smart kung baga from globe apn's. Pero prior to this (just this last Sunday) isang taga globe center (SM naga) ang nagpa-reset to factory settings sakin ng unit ko at yun nawala na lahat lahat na apps and other data (pero nasave ko na lahat na contacts ko sa LG suite ko) wala naman nangyari. To find out na once ininsert mo ang sim yun automatic nasa APN settings na ** mapa smart or globe man ito. Pero sa idea mo masubukan ko nga na magtry ng iba't ibang sim. bka sa sim nga ang problem?

Sana maayos na ito. Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and experiences! Godspeed!

i guess may mga ma-swerteng nakaka-access ng internet at may hindi kasama na ako dun..noong una ,,nakaka-connect ako kahit sobrang bagal!!! ngayon hindi na talaga

ayaw gumana ng kahit anong APN settings sa akin

i'll try having a new sim tom..tapos tingnan natin kung may magbago

Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed101 View Post
    - Hi HK-47, I'm curious about your custom ROM (void), can I ask please for more infos about it? thanks in advance.
    !
    I don't think the ROM should have any effect on whether you can connect to 3G or not, but you want to give it a shot, check out this thread on XDA. And by the way, I'm also just a user of this ROM, I'm not a dev.

hello

ayos na yung akin
    nakakapag-android market din ako kahit walang load at naka-2g lang

pero kahapon at ngayon pa lang to...tingnan ko kung magtuloy-tuloy ito

nagpalit lang ako ng bagong sim

16. Advertisement

Hi Serenity Azarie, anong bagong sim mo ngayon? Globe rin ba at saka anong description? kasi maraming type ang sim sa globe ngayon eh para matry ko din po? Thanks again!

Globe prepaid sim pa rin
    pero di na ito tatoo

guys optimus one user here, panu kayo nakakapag internet ng free? pag gamit ko kasi yung 3G eh nababawasan kasi load ko, pero yung friend ko nakakapag internet *** ng free, ayaw nga lang niya sabihin sa akin kung panu kasi baka iba daw yung sa akin, nokia E71 kasi yung phone niya.

Hmm never tried globe before sa O1 ko.

I'm using a SUN prepaid sim tapos pinapaloadan ko ng Sun Broadband Wireless prepaid. Mabilis naman net.

Make sure your preferred network mode is WCDMA only.
    Tapos sa access point names -- sun internet (minternet)

___

@papao6
    Meron way pero not legal hehe

Quote Originally Posted by papao6 View Post
    guys optimus one user here, panu kayo nakakapag internet ng free? pag gamit ko kasi yung 3G eh nababawasan kasi load ko, pero yung friend ko nakakapag internet *** ng free, ayaw nga lang niya sabihin sa akin kung panu kasi baka iba daw yung sa akin, nokia E71 kasi yung phone niya.
    http.globe.com.ph lang yung apn ko e okay naman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast