Finally a game to get excited about.
Feel The Battle! This fall, prepare to feel the most physical shooter ever created, powered by the all-new Frostbite 2 gaming engine.
Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next instalment of DICE’s cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before.
In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York
• Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.
• Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3’s cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.
• Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.
• Urban Combat — Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.
64 player, prones back and so are Jets<<<
What I wish for BF3:
- (see BF2) more classes than in BFBC2 (support, anti-tank and Spec-Ops again own classes, maybe combine anti-tank and Engineer)
- (see BF2) prone
- (see BF2) Commo-Rose "Q" or similar functional communication system
- (see BF2) Commander + Commanding Hud + destructible Commander assets (artillery, UAV, Supplies, Scan ... new welcome!)
- (see BF2) Squad Leader (only squad spawn point) and larger squads than in BFBC2 (min.6)
- (see BF2) tactical command function "T" (like commo-rose, or in the squad/map screen) for Commander and Squad Leader
- (see BF2) min. 64 players per server (but best 128 players)
- (see BF2) jets and helicopters
- (see BF2) large maps like BF2 but with enlarged air space for air combat
- (see MoH) a plurality of matching quality skins for each class (like in MoH 2010, but no customization as in CoD: BO (no clowns on the battlefield !!!))
- (see BF2) updated classic maps e.g. Wake Iceland
- (see Crysis) weapons customization, but pay attention that weapon animations still work fine e.g. switching between the grenade launcher / rifle (despite additions like Scope) * Please also make an on / off function for grenade launcher or make it an unlock gadget that is selected for the assault, so that all weapons can potentialy played without grenadelauncher)
- (see BFBC2) split Gadgets exactly: for example C4 and marking gun only special ops and grenade launcher only assault.
Battlefield 3 should combine the strengths of both BF2 and BFBC2, but should orientate in terms of gameplay more on BF2 than on BFBC2
What about you guys?