OWL CITY PHILIPPINES! ♥ Hoots to the music of Adam Young a.k.a. OWL CITY - Page 2 | Music Fans | PinoyExchange

PEx Highlights

PBA Manila Clasico

Check out the latest PBA news and updates here. Looking for some interesting commentaries? We got it here!

read more

PROMO: Fist Fight

Check out this thread to know how to win exclusive movie merch from Fist Fight!

read more

Ligaw tips!

Konting effort na lang, malay mo mapasagot mo na siya. Nauubusan ka na ba ng paandar? Anti-torpe tips here!

read more

Recommended driving schools

Looking for a driving school? Here are some recommended schools you may want to check!

read more

Restuarant hunt

Find some of the recommended hidden restaurants in the metro here. Plan your next food trip now!

read more

From court to courtside!

New commentators are making waves in the UAAP scene. Who's giving you the best impression so far?

read more

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Owl City - Taylor Swift Attracts Owl
    15 June 2011 10:51:31 PM

Owl City star Adam Young has confessed he still has a crush on Taylor Swift, who wrote the song 'Enchanted' about him.
    Owl City star Adam Young has a crush on Taylor Swift.
    The musician has confessed he was blown away when the singer wrote the track 'Enchanted' - which was included on her 2010 LP 'Speak Now' - about him, and has revealed the pair shared a romantic email exchange for a few months last year.
    Although they never ended up dating, Adam - who recorded a cover of the track which he posted on his website on Valentine's Day (14.02.11) - admits he has strong feelings for Taylor.
    He said: "She's a great person, and I am so inspired by her music and the person herself. She is who her music makes her out to be. She's a superstar and I'm just this kid from a small town in the middle of nowhere, so I feel like that peasant in the midst of a princess and that whole classic story. But who knows? There's no telling."
    The 'Fireflies' hitmaker admits the first time he met Taylor backstage after one of his concerts in New York he was "wonder-struck" by her.
    He recalled: "I met her in New York and she came to one of my shows and after the show I was backstage in the green room and she was on her way up to meet me and that was the most nerve-wracking few minutes of my life just waiting to meet Taylor Swift. When I met her she was glowing and I was too. It's hard to put into words, but I was definitely wonder-struck to meet her."
    Adam, 24, isn't sure why he and 21-year-old Taylor - who dated actor Jake Gyllenhaal in the last three months of 2010 - never ended up going on an actual date, but he still thinks Taylor is "wonderful".
    When asked why their relationship never got beyond emails, he told Us Weekly magazine: "I don't know. I think that I'm not the most romantic and eloquent guy in the world. She's just this endearing, wonderful girl and maybe I said something wrong, who knows? It went on for three or four months, something like that."

ADAM INVITES ALL OF THE PINOY OWLS TO ATTEND THE ALBUM LAUNCH! [HQ]
    by Owl City Philippines

Punta tayo sa Album Launch sa Sunday sa Astroplus the Block.
    ALL Album buyers will get a free poster and the chance to win a signed OCEAN EYES from MCA Music (Universal Music Philippines)!
    P 459.00 Yung Album!

Wala pa din bang updates about sa Ticket Prices?

Hi wawahcoh! Sino pumunta nung 19? hahaha andun kaming, ocph! ♥ Weeee so happy to see na gumagalawa ang thread!

Owl City's No. 2 debuts at No. 6 in Billboard
    Owl City's second album has already topped its predecessor on at least one front: "All Things Bright & Beautiful" debuted at No. 6 on the Billboard 200 album chart today, which is two positions higher than "Ocean Eyes" ever reached. The follow-up album has a long way to go to match the million-plus platinum marker of "Ocean Eyes," though, but first-week album sales of 48,000 are nothing to squawk (or hoot?) at in this day and age -- especially for someone making his records all by himself.

Catch OWL CITY LIVE IN MANILA on OCTOBER 26, 2011 at TRINOMA MALL in QUEZON CITY!!!

Reserve your tickets now! Call MMI's Hotlines: 0935-2041822 / 586-7275

CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE NOW!!! http://www.facebook.com/ev​ent.php?eid=17821431557657​5

Don't forget to grab a copy of OWL CITY's album "ALL THINGS BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL" available in major record stores! Click here for more info: http://tinyurl.com/3g4lagr

Quote Originally Posted by mcamusicphils View Post
    http://i56.tinypic.com/4jwf8o.jpg

Catch OWL CITY LIVE IN MANILA on OCTOBER 26, 2011 at TRINOMA MALL in QUEZON CITY!!!

Reserve your tickets now! Call MMI's Hotlines: 0935-2041822 / 586-7275

CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE NOW!!! http://www.facebook.com/ev​ent.php?eid=17821431557657​5

Don't forget to grab a copy of OWL CITY's album "ALL THINGS BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL" available in major record stores! Click here for more info: http://tinyurl.com/3g4lagr
    WOW thanks for this MCA! We will constantly contact MMI until the end of July. Dun pa raw magiging available ang tickets thanks MCA! The best record label ever ♥

Rising synth-pop star Owl City -- aka Adam Young -- says when his 2009 breakthrough song Fireflies from his second album, Ocean Eyes, took off he found himself shot out of a cannon.

He's only really landed now.

"When the single came out -- I'm like the naive, shy kid from the middle of nowhere -- it all happened so fast and I'm trying to hang on for dear life," the Owatonna, Minn., native told QMI Agency in Toronto around the time of his third disc All Things Bright and Beautiful's mid-June release.

"So now I'm like, 'This really is as big of a blessing as everyone is saying to me last year.' "

Young's clean cut good looks and earnest voice attracted many female fans including none other than country-pop star Taylor Swift, who wrote a song about him -- Enchanted -- on her 2010 album, Speak Now.

"I remembered her saying in an email to me, 'You are the first person I've ever heard to use the word, wonderstruck.' That word is all over that song," said Young. "(I) was just blown away, just very honoured, that such a sweet girl would write such a charming song in my direction."

He responded by covering Enchanted and releasing it online on Valentine's Day. About a year previously, they met when Swift attended an Owl City concert in New York City.

"I remember standing backstage just so nervous knowing that she was out there somewhere and I had to go out there and play. (We) met afterwards and hit it off and she's so genuine and she's very sweet, (I) got a hug. I just respect how she deals with life by writing songs about whatever. To me there's no better way to deal with things."

Young was even hoping to get Swift to sing a new song called, Honey and the Bee, but "she's on a whirlwind of her own so it just didn't work out."

He describes the relationship, which never turned romantic as "very casual, very friendly," adding: "She's very cute."

Young started composing music to fight his insomnia after loading Coca-Cola trucks for a living. After posting his songs on MySpace, he scored a recording contract in 2008. For All Things Bright and Beautiful, he studied studio gear to achieve "a more polished, powerful, dynamic sound."

Young's guests include Toronto's own synth-pop star Lights, who he first heard on MySpace, singing on the new song The Yacht Club.

"I sent her a message saying, 'I really dig what you do,' and people are kind of saying, 'Owl City is the male version of Lights and vice-versa.' "

They've since toured together.

"We were thinking 'I need a very whimsical, dreamy, female vocalist' and she was the first person I thought of."

Another rising star, L.A. rapper Shawn Chrystopher is also featured on the hip-hop flavoured second single, Alligator Sky.

"I wanted to experiment a little bit, kind of go down this rabbit hole, for Owl City, and try something new."

After already playing stops in Montreal and Toronto in June, Young's remaining Canadian date is July 16 at Vancouver's The Centre.

"I'm really looking at this time around (on tour) as something I get to do versus something I have to do," said Young.

"I remember the first show (in Minneapolis about two years ago) standing behind the curtain, shaking, so scared, I was like, 'I don't know if I can actually walk out there, play for an hour, to these people.' But I made myself do it and it was so much fun that first show. I'd never sung in church. I'd never sung in front of friends or even family, I just hadn't done it."

Owl City at home in the country

Owl City, whose name is Adam Young, still lives in Owatonna, Minn. -- population 25,000 -- in a home near his parents, even though all his high school friends have moved away.

Still, he has no plans to rock the boat by moving to L.A. or New York City.

"It's kind of a safe haven and I find the more I tour and the more I leave and come back to it, the more I really see it as a refuge," he said of the town near Minneapolis. "I just kind of appreciate it more. "Ultimately, I live wherever I create music and so much of what I do is in the studio and I have a little studio in my basement there. So I feel if I did do L.A. or New York I would kind of get psyched out by the A&R guys walking in and out of the studios, and the producers and the engineers."

Otherwise, the shy and unassuming Young says he came up with his unusual performing name to intrigue listeners.

"It's kind of two disconnected words stuck together to really spark imagery and to really spark imagination and I love the kind of immediate question marks that always pop up. People say, 'Why that?' And I ultimately, I believe if I was strolling down a list of bands online somewhere and I saw that name, I would have to drop everything and just listen to it. 'Cause what does it sound like? Something about it, to me, starts the gears turning. It's sort of quirky enough and kind of bizarre enough to kind of capture what I want to say."

Quote Originally Posted by deegee81 View Post
    http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1310577193986_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x
    Oh my goodness. Super like, super cute!!

Taylor Swift Launches Wonderstruck Fragrance Inspired by Owl City’s Adam Young
    by Amanda Hensel 5 hours ago

Taylor Swift is well on her way to becoming a franchise. The ‘Mean’ singer just announced that she will debut a bottled fragrance called Wonderstruck — which coincidentally is a lyric from her song ‘Enchanted,’ inspired by Owl City‘s Adam Young.

“I wrote the lyric, ‘I’m wonderstruck, blushing all the way home,’ for the song ‘Enchanted’ about the first time you meet someone,” Taylor says in a statement. “A fragrance can help shape someone’s first impression and memory of you. It’s exciting to think that Wonderstruck will play a role in creating some of those memories.”

While the ‘Love Story’ songstress didn’t come right out and say ‘This one goes out to you, Owl City boy,’ Adam Young confirmed that “wonderstruck” is a word he used in an email to Swift which she said she had never heard before. “We emailed back and forth for a while and she made some comment that I used the word ‘enchanted’ and the word ‘wonderstruck’ in an email and she said how she had never heard anyone really use that word before, so when that word was in the song, I was like this song has to be about me,” the Owl City singer told US Magazine. Additionally, the name ‘Adam’ pops up when you decode Taylor’s secret lyric messages, so there’s no denying this tune’s for him.

While Young should feel especially honored by the perfume release, the Wonderstruck scent is close to Taylor’s heart, too, as it’s a blend of her favorite smells. The statement describes it as, “The flawless beauty of freesia, apple blossom and raspberry spark a swirl of vibrancy and feminine allure … In the heart, a sweet surprise of blissful vanilla is embellished by airy, sun drenched honeysuckle and white hibiscus … Notes of golden amber and sandalwood are woven with a kiss of lush peach.”

Sounds delish! Do you think it’s drinkable, too? We can’t wait to get our hands, wrists and lips on this new Swift scent when it floats into stores this October.

Article

http://www.chron.com/photos/2011/07/.../260xStory.jpg

It didn't take long for Adam Young to turn the corner from an introverted small-town boy in Minnesota to selling millions of albums under the moniker of Owl City, thanks to his quadruple-platinum selling single, Fireflies, in 2009. Owl City returned this year with his sophomore album, All Things Bright and Beautiful. Before playing a very bright, beautiful, almost two-hour concert at the House of Blues in downtown Houston, the NGENradio team spoke to Adam about his music, surviving high school and driving the car from Back to the Future.
    Q: Where did you grow up?
    A: I grew up in a very small town, Owatonna, Minn. I grew up a very shy and introverted guy, and I still am.
    Q: When did you start making music?
    A: I started writing music out of boredom initially. As an only child, you kind of invent ways to entertain yourself. It was my way of escaping the mundane life that is so common in a small town. A couple of my songs ended up on MySpace, and for some reason began to connect with people in ways I never imagined. The record labels started calling and asking me to fly out for meetings with lawyers and managers, and at that point I had never been on an airplane. It was very surreal.
    Q: Tell us about the inspiration for your song Galaxies.
    A: It was inspired by the 1986 space shuttle Challenger disaster. I was only 6 months old when it happened, but my parents spoke about it often. I knew I wanted to pay respect to that specific event, which I feel has been sort of lost in history to my generation. The song is written from the idea of what if I was the flight commander of this ship that explodes, and I'm taken into eternity in a split second. It looks back on my life and how I would answer for myself.
    Q: You have a new video for Deer In The Headlights. Did you really drive the car from Back to the Future?
    A: Unfortunately, I can't drive a stick shift, so I didn't actually drive the car, but it was the actual DeLorean from the movies! I'm a huge, nerdy fan of the movies, so it was really exciting for me. We only towed it about 33 mph instead of the necessary 88 mph for time travel, but it was good enough for me.
    Q: How much input do you have in your music videos?
    A: I try to play a hand in the creation of the videos, but I must give most of the credit to my director, Steve Hoover, who has done all of my videos so far. The Shaquille O'Neal cameo in the video for Vanilla Twilight was out of the blue as well. We asked him, and he said his kids were fans of Owl City so he agreed!
    Q: What was school like when you were growing up?
    A: My mother was a teacher, so there was pressure to do well, but unfortunately it wasn't really the case — I was a C student. I remember getting out of high school and thinking that I really could have cashed in on a lot of opportunities, but wasted it. I was the lone wolf that never went to parties, never went to prom and never dated anybody. I was too scared to talk to girls.
    Q: What is next for Owl City?
    A: We plan to tour like crazy until Christmas. I also have a few sneaky goodies in the can that will be released along the way. New songs, videos and things like that.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...#ixzz1UFgVzSZE

Catch OWL CITY LIVE IN MANILA this october 26,2011! Like OWLCITYLIVEINMANILA2011 for updates!

OMG..awwwwwwwww so sweet!!!Adam is in love with Taylor.

I kill people I like. hrdnox_12's Avatar
    Any ATL fans here?

Catch All Time Low on Sept. 21 at SM North EDSA The Block 6:00 pm for their mall appearance and on Sept. 22 at the Araneta Coliseum for their concert! Details at www.facebook.com/astroplus1!

Special thanks to Astroplus, Ovation Productions, Dayly Entertainment and MCA Music!

After all the hustle, bustle and change of plans. We're excited to tell you that this is FINAL! OWL CITY LIVE IN MANILA 2011 will take place at the NBC TENT- THE FORT! Hoooray! Who's excited? C'mon owls! Show them that we're a strong fan base and we're ready to welcome Owl City's return!

TICKET PRICES
    VIP: PHP1,748
    GOLD: PHP827

Call SM Tickets at 470-2222 or TicketWorld Manila at 891-999!

CONFIRM ATTENDANCE WITH ADAM AT -> http://tinyurl.com/3k3vs32

CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE WITH MCA AT -> http://tinyurl.com/6cntdqu

SPREAD THE NEWS AND SPREAD THE LOVE!

OFFICIAL FANPAGE OF OWLCITYPH.

Quote Originally Posted by dpamcruz View Post
    http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsrfnlLJhQ1qar66go1_500.png
    YESS <3 so cute. Adam's so supportive of Taylor ♥

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last