PEx Highlights

Watch 'The Legend Ends' Trailer!

Check out the trailer of the final instalment of the Rurouni Kenshin series, 'The Legend Ends.'

read more

Calling All Travel Bloggers!

Wanna get featured in PEx-Travel? Share with us your travel blogs and have your entries promoted around PinoyExchange!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Giver

Very promising, but tries too hard to fit in the mold of the Hunger Games/Divergent series.

read more

PHOTOS: UE Keep Final Four Dream Alive

Despite not fielding in Roi Sumang, the UE Red Warriors managed to get a 64-55 win over the NU Bulldogs.

read more

FIBA FEATURE: Do We Stand a Chance?

Do we really have a shot to make it through? JPM weighs in on the the odds of Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA World Cup.

read more

PHOTOS: Daquis Bags V-League MVP Plum

Wonder who won the other awards? Check out the Shakey's V-League Awarding gallery here!

read more

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

BDO - Easy Investment Plan

Has anyone invested on this ?

What fund gives the best returns BDO Fixed Income Fund, BDO Peso Balanced Fund or the BDO Equity Fund ?

http://www.bdo.com.ph/Personal/Promos/EIP.asp

The BDO Easy Investment Plan (EIP)

The BDO Easy Investment Plan is a “saving and investment” program whose objective is for an individual investor to attain his financial goals through the twin habits of regularly saving and investing. Under this arrangement, an investor enrolls his savings,checking or payroll account in a BDO automatic debit facility wherein a fixed amount/s (with a minimum of Php1,000.00) per month is/are deducted for the purpose of immediately investing in selected BDO UITFs. Every time the market value of his UITF investments reaches the minimum amount of Php 10,000.00 investment required for the selected UITFs, he is issued a Confirmation of Participation (COP) which converts his EIP contributions into regular UITF investments. As long as he is enrolled in the program, the process of saving, investing and issuance of COP continues automatically on the selected contribution dates.

For an enrollee in the program, the EIP has become a facility to help him to regularly set aside funds for investment to meet multi-purpose needs in the future, such as funding a wedding, children’s education, construction of a home or retirement, etc. It also gives him an affordable access to the services of the BDO professional investment managers who keep constant watch over the BDO UITFs.

The EIP espouses the investment precept that the sooner an individual investor begins investing, the more time his money can grow. Investing even in small amounts when done on a regular basis and early on, can produce considerable rewards over the long term. Through the EIP, he can experience the power of “compound interest” which refers to interest earned on principal plus interest that was earned earlier.

Another advantage of the EIP is that it enables an individual investor to ride out market movements through “cost averaging.” Investing fixed amounts of contributions at regular intervals over a long period of time will build his portfolio one step at a time, regardless of market conditions, effectively averaging costs over time. In short, through the EIP, he will be able to invest without worrying about monitoring market movements and timing his investments. This strategy also mitigates the risks associated with investing lump sums at a wrong time and bearing the consequence of the market losing value shortly after making the investment.

Currently, selected BDO UITFs, particularly those which are best for investors with a longer term investment horizon, are available for the EIP.

Here’s how to join the EIP, in just three easy steps:

1. Fill out the EIP Application Form and enroll your BDO Savings/Checking/Payroll Account in the EIP at any BDO branch.

2. Decide on the following details of your contribution:

• Amount: Minimum of Php1,000.00 per contribution

• Frequency and schedule: Once a month (5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th or the 30th)
    or Twice a month (every 5th & 20th, 10th and 25th, or 15th & 30th)

3. Choose what type of UITF is best for you: BDO Fixed Income Fund, BDO Peso Balanced Fund or the BDO Equity Fund

Rush to your nearest BDO branch today!

For inquiries, please call Trust and Investments Group at 840-7000 locals 4265, 4244, 4255 and 7032 or send an e-mail to investments@bdo.com.ph.

the truth hurts, does it? metropolitan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesdarwin21 View Post
    Has anyone invested on this ?

What fund gives the best returns BDO Fixed Income Fund, BDO Peso Balanced Fund or the BDO Equity Fund ?
    The better question is how risk tolerant are you.

Performance of investment products such as UITFs are not predictable or are not guaranteed and you may lose your principal investment.

I suggest you know more about your risk tolerance and then decide what investment fund to put your money into.

^ this is the same with CITISEC diba?

Quote Originally Posted by metropolitan View Post
    The better question is how risk tolerant are you.

Performance of investment products such as UITFs are not predictable or are not guaranteed and you may lose your principal investment.

I suggest you know more about your risk tolerance and then decide what investment fund to put your money into.
    i'm a risk taker besides... i plan to invest here for the long run

@supremecheese,

yes its like COL's EIP... it takes
    advantage of the concept of cost averaging

Investing small amounts periodically

@charles,

theoretically, the equity fund will have
    the biggest returns, followed by the balanced
    fund then the fixed income fund..

theoretically yun... in real life, baka sobrang
    laki ng bagsak ng equity fund na baka mas ok
    pa kung sa fixed income fund ka ng invest hehe

I had availed of this and am investing in
    the equity fund since last month and so
    far so bad hahaha

Down around 4% as of Friday

but I'm in this for the long haul, so I should
    be happy that the NAV is going down =D

Quote Originally Posted by mxherr5 View Post
    @supremecheese,

yes its like COL's EIP... it takes
    advantage of the concept of cost averaging

Investing small amounts periodically

@charles,

theoretically, the equity fund will have
    the biggest returns, followed by the balanced
    fund then the fixed income fund..

theoretically yun... in real life, baka sobrang
    laki ng bagsak ng equity fund na baka mas ok
    pa kung sa fixed income fund ka ng invest hehe

I had availed of this and am investing in
    the equity fund since last month and so
    far so bad hahaha

Down around 4% as of Friday

but I'm in this for the long haul, so I should
    be happy that the NAV is going down =D

Ah okay... I think I'll get the equity fund as well ... samantalahin mababa pa ang stocks how low can it get with the Egypt factor

by the way mxherr5, for example , I have extra money I want to invest, can I invest it in the same fund where my BDO EIP is ?

the truth hurts, does it? metropolitan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesdarwin21 View Post
    i'm a risk taker besides... i plan to invest here for the long run
    how long is long? five years? ten years? two decades?

if you're really willing to risk your principal why not go into forex or commodities trading through channels such as Interactive Brokers.

you would also need to consider how "expensive" these UITFs are. try to compare its trust/management fee against its peers.

BDO Easy Investment Plan

Sino sa inyo ang may ganitong investment? What is your advise?

To Mod: Pag duplicate po paki delete na lang.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by metropolitan View Post
    how long is long? five years? ten years? two decades?

if you're really willing to risk your principal why not go into forex or commodities trading through channels such as Interactive Brokers.

you would also need to consider how "expensive" these UITFs are. try to compare its trust/management fee against its peers.
    I do plan around 2 decades. Pang retirement.

May nakausap na ako sa BDO, wala naman fees na involved.

Di pa ako familiar sa forex at commodities trading.

^

There are fees but they are already
    baked into the NAVPU =)

Meron din ako nito Peso Balanced Fund at Equity Fund. So far so bad din heheh. Pero pang retirement ko rin to, I plan to invest for 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by mxherr5 View Post
    ^

There are fees but they are already
    baked into the NAVPU =)
    Thanks for the info. I'll get the 2k monthly deduction next week

i also had invested on BDO Equity. so far lugi din. if you are interested, much better invest right now kasi mura ang per unit. mas mura mas maraming units. your gains are based on units not on the principal amount. I bought mine at P241/unit.

Mas okay ang BDO kasi mas mababa ang kanilang principal amount compared to other banks, P10k lang sa iba P25k pataas.

to see the historical behavior of your investment, tingnan mo lang sa www.monitormyfunds.com, although hindi naman basehan ang history sa future behavior ng funds mo. =)

Magsisimula na kaya tumaas ang BDO anytime soon or will it continue to go downwards?

To those who have invested in BDO's EIP:
    Do you have any idea regarding their reports on gains? How will I know that my investment has been productive?
    Also...
    Will they deduct 1000 pesos each month for the rest of my account's stay in their bank, or will they stop if they've already reached 10,000? Thanks so much!

16. Advertisement

^

You have to manually compute it.
    So you should keep track of the # of units that you have

They will continue deducting as far as I know
    until you submit a unenrollment request

18. Apr 27, 2011, 11:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by RandomName View Post
    To those who have invested in BDO's EIP:
    Do you have any idea regarding their reports on gains? How will I know that my investment has been productive?
    Also...
    Will they deduct 1000 pesos each month for the rest of my account's stay in their bank, or will they stop if they've already reached 10,000? Thanks so much!

anu bang bdo investment plan ang maganda para sa mga bagong investor na may pinaka minimum investment??? tgaano ba kalaki ang deduction every month , ?

^
    Minimum of 1k per month.

The best fund for you depends on your risk
    and how long you want to keep the investment

newbie pa lang ako dito ,, and i dont have much money to risk ...besides i still haveto learn the ropes of this industry....so far hindi ganun ang risk tolerant ko....baka naman mabigla ako. though i plan in a long term investment...question is...sa 10k na ininvest ko may posiilidad ba na maubos yun kahit wala pang isang taon ako sa uitf..( sa side ko no withdrawals kailangan ba magdagdag ulit ng pera to maintain the 10k required by the bank( BDO)??

paano ko malalaman kung risk tolerant ako...at gaano ba ka expensive ang mag invest sa uitf lalo na sa mga baguhan tulad ko...kasi punta ako sa bangko sa bdo, mag iinvest na ako.... gusto ko malaman yung real down side ng pag iinvest sa uitf...yung mga real experiences nyo while investing in uitf

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast