PEx Highlights

Prepare to Go Into the Storm

From New Line Cinema, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, comes the tornado disaster film Into the Storm.

read more

PHOTOS: Cagayan upsets Army

Cagayan Valley Rising Sun hands Philippine Army its first loss through 4 sets, 27-25, 20-25, 25-23, 25-22

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 2

Are the Blue Eagles back on top again? Check out this week's PEx UAAP Season 77 Basketball Power Rankings.

read more

PHOTOS: NU Hands Ateneo its First Loss

The NU Bulldogs relied on Troy Rosario and Rev Diputado to give Ateneo its first loss of the season, 64-60

read more

The Unique Heroes of Marvel's Guardians

Know more about Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket.

read more

Review: Hercules

Bordering on ridiculous, Dwayne Johnson delivers and Hercules is a fun and entertaining ride.

read more

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

ANO ba ang KULTO?

Anybody who can explain to me with proofs according to established facts the meaning of CULT or KULTO, and who are they?

d.messenger
    in my own understanding....it's a religion believing another GOD. This second GOD could be his/herself, the devil and other forms of figures and elements...so you could start your own if you want. Since this is not a very common belief they usually hide this to the public...so they meet in places like caves, forest or build their own catherals. Mostly people under this religion are WEIRD in thoughts....and possesess sadistic behaivor. Example of this is from the movie "EYES-WIDE SHUT".

Source: http://www.watchman.org

Patterns:
    1. Adding to the Word of God
    2. Subtracting from the person of Christ
    3. Multiplication of salvation requirements
    4. Dividing the loyalty of the follower

"Every book in the New Testament (and many in the Old Testament), except for Philemon, has something to say about false teachers, false prophets, false gospels, and heresies."

"Destructive cults tend to settle into several categories: eastern meditation; Bible-based Christian (either pseudo-Christian, or Christian leaders who control, manipulate, and exploit their members); occult or satanist; political terrorist; psychotherapy/human potential;and Commercial (certain multi-level marketing schemes)."

Kulto yung mga nagpapanggap na kristiyano pero tutol naman sa sinasabi ng biblia.

Originally posted by ivan2t3
    Kulto yung mga nagpapanggap na kristiyano pero tutol naman sa sinasabi ng biblia.

So hindi Kulto ang Buddhist kasi hindi sila Kristiyano?

Originally posted by ivan2t3

So hindi Kulto ang Buddhist kasi hindi sila Kristiyano?

Originally posted by tania`
    in my own understanding....it's a religion believing another GOD. This second GOD could be his/herself, the devil and other forms of figures and elements...so you could start your own if you want. Since this is not a very common belief they usually hide this to the public...so they meet in places like caves, forest or build their own catherals. Mostly people under this religion are WEIRD in thoughts....and possesess sadistic behaivor. Example of this is from the movie "EYES-WIDE SHUT".

Ang ibig mong sabihin si Ely Soriano at ang Dating Daan ay Kulto kasi naniniwala sila na marami ang diyos.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bagyoboy
    [B]Source: http://www.watchman.org

Patterns:

1. Adding to the Word of God.

Ibig mong sabihin ang Catholisismo ay Kulto kasi nagdagdag sila ng pitong Aklat sa Bibliya?

2. Subtracting from the person of Christ.

Ibig mong sabihin ang Protestante ay Kulto kasi binawas naman nila ang pitong Aklat na idinagdag ng Katoliko sa Bibliya?

3. Multiplication of salvation requirements.

Ano ano ba ang mga idinagdag na salvation requirements?

Paano ba ito ginagawa ng isang lider?

Post hello

i'm hoping to be part of one.

blessed be.

Angry Re: hello

Originally posted by abangers22
    i'm hoping to be part of one.

blessed be.

Part of What?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by aricalde
    [B]
    Originally posted by bagyoboy
    Source: http://www.watchman.org

Patterns:

1. Adding to the Word of God.

Ibig mong sabihin ang Catholisismo ay Kulto kasi nagdagdag sila ng pitong Aklat sa Bibliya?

2. Subtracting from the person of Christ.

Ibig mong sabihin ang Protestante ay Kulto kasi binawas naman nila ang pitong Aklat na idinagdag ng Katoliko sa Bibliya?

3. Multiplication of salvation requirements.

Ano ano ba ang mga idinagdag na salvation requirements?

Paano ba ito ginagawa ng isang lider?

Pakibasa nalang ito: http://www.watchman.org/cults/sepexpo.htm

abangers22

hmmmm...

Originally posted by Wicca
    abangers22

hmmmm...

Somebody say: Drink your own medicine", anong say mo?

Banned by Admin

Originally posted by aricalde

Ang ibig mong sabihin si Ely Soriano at ang Dating Daan ay Kulto kasi naniniwala sila na marami ang diyos.
    No. Hindi sila kulto. Dahil ayon sa biblia, maraming diyos.

Basahin natin dito sa 1 Corinto 8:5:

"Sapagkat maraming mga tinatawag na diyos sa langit man o sa lupa, maraming diyos, maraming panginoon."

Si Cristo nga mismo nagsabi na may mga dios gaya dito sa

Juan 10:34
    "Tinugon sila ni Jesus: Hindi ba nasusulat sa inyong kautusan: Aking sinabi na kayo ay mga diyos?"

MEM : please quote the complete one and not just part of it.. the message is different if you do not quote it properly. you quoted only verse 5.. how about 6?

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

As for the second quote, the meaning he meant there was that man is part of God, thus we are god. you are god and I am god but there is still God who is supreme and for whic hwe are but a part of him

Aricalde : no.. buddhist are not cult members. they are a separate religion

Originally posted by Assassin_Mage
    MEM : please quote the complete one and not just part of it.. the message is different if you do not quote it properly. you quoted only verse 5.. how about 6?

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

As for the second quote, the meaning he meant there was that man is part of God, thus we are god. you are god and I am god but there is still God who is supreme and for whic hwe are but a part of him

Aricalde : no.. buddhist are not cult members. they are a separate religion

Alam ninyo, ang uri ng inyong pagpapaliwanag ay palabo, sabi ng isa ayon sa Bibliya "maraming diyos", sabi naman ng isa, NO! isa lang ang diyos!, sino ba talaga ang tama sa inyo, at ano ba ang dapat kong paniwalaan? confused:

Post Ano ba talaga Kuya? Ilan Ka ba talaga?

Exodus 20:2-3: "I am the Lord your God.... You shall have no other gods before me."

Exodus 34:14: "Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God."

Deuteronomy 4:35: "You were shown these things so that you might know that the Lord is God; besides him there is no other."

Deuteronomy 4:39: "Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other."

Deuteronomy 6:4-5: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."

Deuteronomy 32:39: "See now that I myself am He! There is no god besides me."

1 Samuel 2:1-2: "My heart rejoices in the Lord; in the Lord my horn is lifted high.... There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God."

2 Samuel 7:22: "How great you are, O Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears."

2 Samuel 22:32: "For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God?"

2 Kings 19:15-19: "Hezekiah prayed to the Lord: `O Lord, God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth. Give ear, O Lord, and hear; open your eyes, O Lord, and see; listen to the words Sennacherib has sent to insult the living God.
    "`It is true, O Lord, that the Assyrian kings have laid waste these nations and their lands. They have thrown their gods into the fire and destroyed them, for they were not gods but only wood and stone, fashioned by men's hands. Now, O Lord our God, deliver us from his hand, so that all kingdoms on earth may know that you alone, O Lord, are God.'...

Psalm 18:30-31: "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless.... For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God?"

Psalm 83:18: "Let them know that you, whose name is the Lord that you alone are the Most High over all the earth."

Isaiah 43:10, 13: "`You are my witnesses,' declares the Lord, `and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from me there is no savior.... Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?'"

Isaiah 44:6-8: "This is what the Lord says Israel's King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God. Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it. Let him declare and lay out before me what has happened since I established my ancient people, and what is yet to come yes, let him foretell what will come. Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one."

Isaiah 44:24: "This is what the Lord says your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the Lord, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself."

Isaiah 45:5-6: "I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me. I am the Lord, and there is no other."

Isaiah 45:18: "For this is what the Lord says he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited he says: `I am the Lord, and there is no other.'"

Isaiah 45:21-22: "Declare what is to be, present it let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me."

Isaiah 46:9: "Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me."

Hosea 13:4: "But I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt. You shall acknowledge no God but me, no Savior but me."

Habakkuk 1:12: "O Lord, are you not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One..."

Habakkuk 3:3: "God came from Teman, the Holy One from Mount Paran."

Malachi 2:10: "Have we not all one Father? Did not one God create us?"

Matthew 4:9-10: "`All this I will give you,' he said, `if you will bow down and worship me.' Jesus said to him, `Away from me, Satan! For it is written: `Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'"

Matthew 19:17: "`Why do you ask me about what is good?' Jesus replied. `There is only One who is good.'"

Matthew 23:8: "But you are not to be called `Rabbi,' for you have only one Master and you are all brothers."

Mark 10:18: "`Why do you call me good?' Jesus answered. `No one is good except God alone.'"

Mark 12:32-34: "`Well said, teacher,' the man replied. `You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.' When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, `You are not far from the kingdom of God.'"

Luke 1:49: "For the Mighty One has done great things for me holy is his name."

John 5:42-44: "I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me: but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him. How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God?"

John 17:3: "This is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

Romans 3:29-30: "Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, since there is only one God."

Romans 16:27: "To the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen."

1 Corinthians 8:4-6: "So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that an idol is nothing at all in the world, and that there is no God but one. For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many `gods' and many `lords'), yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live."

Galatians 3:19-20: "The law was put into effect through angels by a mediator. A mediator, however, does not represent just one party; but God is one."

Ephesians 4:6: "One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."

1 Timothy 1:17: "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen."

1 Timothy 2:5: "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 6:13-16: "In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you to keep this commandment without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which God will bring about in his own time God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen."

James 2:19: "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that and shudder."

James 4:12: "There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy."

Jude 25: "To the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."

Post Eto pah!

When Paul and Barnabas preached and performed miracles at Lystra, the reaction of the people betrayed just how steeped they were in polytheism: "When the crowd saw what Paul had done, they shouted in the Lycaonian language, `The gods have come down to us in human form!' Barnabas they called Zeus, and Paul they called Hermes because he was the chief speaker" (Acts 14:11-12). Hermes and Zeus were two gods in the Greek pantheon. Both the Greek and Roman pantheons were well known in the New Testament world, and the worship of the Greek and Roman gods was widespread.

Paul and Barnabas responded vigorously with the message of monotheism: "We too are only men, human like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made heaven and earth and sea and everything in them" (verse 15). Even then, Paul and Barnabas could scarcely restrain the people from sacrificing to them.

by definition, ia cult any religious institution with unorthodox or spurious beliefs. the problem lies in the definition of the terms unorthodox and spurious. again, as with threads in this forum with religious overtones, the solution lies in the understanding of the concept of cultural relativism.

"A cult is a religion with no political power."
    - Tom Wolfe

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast