Pulis ng Pinas | Local and Foreign Issues | PinoyExchange

PEx Highlights

POLL: Official Volleyball sub-forum

The sport is getting bigger in the country. Are we all ready to have our own Volleyball forum in PEx? Vote now!

read more

REVIEW: Sausage Party

Are you ready for a different kind of party? Check out our official PEx movie review here!

read more

PROMO:Storks Merch

Get a chance to win exclusive Storks movie merch by joining this promo.

read more

REVIEW: Ang Hapis at Himagsik ni Hermano Puli

"The plot- and detail-driven aspect of the film makes it a good piece to use in history classes for students. "

read more

FOOD: Pablo Cheesecake

Is it a must try or just a hype? Anyone who already tasted this new trend in the metro?

read more

Anime to mobile game

After Pokemon, here comes another anime classic in a mobile game. Voltes V is back! What other animes should have a game version? Suggest it here.

read more

X

We just need a few minutes of your time. Tell us what you think of PinoyExchange!

Click here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Pulis ng Pinas

Bakit kaya nasasangkot ang mga pulis natin sa mga krimen sa bansa? Noong August 23, 2010, pulis ang may kinalaman sa malagim na hostage drama sa Quirino Grandstand. Noong December 31, 2010, pulis ang may di-umano'y nanggahasa sa isang tindera sa MPD. Kahapon, napabalitaang may dalawang pulis ang nakuhanan ng camera na gumagamit ng shabu.

Ano na ba ang nangyayari sa kapulisan natin? Unfair naman sa mga mabubuting pulis ang mga pangyayari dahil nagegeneralize lagi na ang pulis ng Pilipinas ay puro kotong, krimen, droga, at minsan ay parte ng sindikato.

Sabi nga ni Noli de Castro sa TV Patrol...."hindi naman lahat.Karamihan lang.

http://bahalana-kunganoman.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by tycoon21 View Post
    Bakit kaya nasasangkot ang mga pulis natin sa mga krimen sa bansa? Noong August 23, 2010, pulis ang may kinalaman sa malagim na hostage drama sa Quirino Grandstand. Noong December 31, 2010, pulis ang may di-umano'y nanggahasa sa isang tindera sa MPD. Kahapon, napabalitaang may dalawang pulis ang nakuhanan ng camera na gumagamit ng shabu.

Ano na ba ang nangyayari sa kapulisan natin? Unfair naman sa mga mabubuting pulis ang mga pangyayari dahil nagegeneralize lagi na ang pulis ng Pilipinas ay puro kotong, krimen, droga, at minsan ay parte ng sindikato.
    unfair sa mga mabubuting pulis? sino ang mabuting pulis?

ahhh.. ang kainuman mo na pulis? ang kamaganak mong pulis? ang kumpare or kaibigan mong pulis?

let me be blunt: WALANG MABUTING PULIS. hindi yan generalized. yan ay FACT.

now if you ask me bakit ko nasabi na walang mabuting pulis, ang isasagot ko ay dahil hindi nila ginagawa ang tunay na trabaho nila, lalo sa mga kapwa pulis nila.

sino ba ang numero uno na law breaker sa lansangan? you got it.. mga pulis rin! so kung may mabuti/matino na pulis pa dyan ay dapat ginagawan ng paraan ang mga bulok na kasama nila, pero wala kang nababalitaan na pulis na kusang nanghuhuli ng kapwang pulis.

Quote Originally Posted by tycoon21 View Post

it really is so unfair that ninety percent of our policemen give the other ten percent a bad reputation. phl sucks.

those in the 10 percent are my heroes, doing 90 percent of the job of keeping our streets safe and locking up the perps.

Quote Originally Posted by cretinous00 View Post
    it's not a fact. but for the sake of argument let's assume it is, i can live with it because there are thousands of solved cases, deterred crimes and actual arrests and imprisonment of criminals every year.

so even 'masasamang pulis' can do a lot of 'kabutihan,' far more than you can do in two lifetimes. brains, man, brains!
    thousands of solved cases, really? deterred crimes and actual arrests and imprisonment of criminals every year--

let me tell you a thing or two about your so-called solved cases.

over the past year (2010) I have heard news about motorcycle shootings here in my town, about 4 shootings with 1 of them involving a friend of mine who died (just recently, december siya nabaril pointblank habang hinahatid ang anak).

in the case of my friend, case closed siya. ano ang lumabas sa investigation? love triangle and pusher/user siya ng droga. wow hanep. the other 3 shootings that occurred, yan rin ang binigay na conclusion.

so ayan.. whenever the reason is love triangle alitan or drugs, ibig sabihin ay tamad lang ang mga pulis. case closed.

ano ang magagawa ko kung ang mga pulis mismo ang magsasabi na wag ako makialam sa "imbestigasyon" nila? I don't have resources in abundance; baka ako pa ang susunod na tadtarin ng bala kung makialam ako.

so kahit na sabihin ng iba na "hindi lahat", not doing anything or (worse) turning a blind eye on the wrongdoing of their comrades in uniform is just as worse as doing a crime itself.

i'm pretty sure your personal observations and experiences don't sum up to 1,000 or even 100. you see, to assess a half-million -man police force, you have to to go past personal experience and look at real police statistics.

"chinese people are really stupid and i would know because i met a chinese guy and he...."
    True. Not all in uniform are all alike. Pero if they tolerate ang kabaro nilang police, they are no different from them.

and it is not a personal observation or experience. if they tolerate 1 or 2 within their ranks who has gone bad then even the good ones are no different.

a very simple formula and valid too. but even if it were true, those no different from "masasamang pulis" still manage to do good. you and your friends just have a knack for crossing paths with the bad cops.
    so tell me, how do you differentiate between a good and bad person in uniform?

frankly i can't. all i want is SOME cops out there to do their jobs. one policeman visible along a 100-meter stretch of rizal avenue or recto will already deter more than a dozen potential crimes.
    yan na rason. sure, one policeman visible but will he/she deter potential crimes? I don't think so..

kita mo na lang ang quirino grandstand hostage taking. 1 criminal (ex-cop) versus more than a dozen policemen.

baliktad: 1 (potential) criminal was NOT deterred by dozens of cops.

yan ang hirap sa nabahiran na ang mga pulis. hindi mo alam kung lalapitan mo sila. baka masbarubal pa siya sa kriminal.

add ko lang: since you can't tell whether good or bad cop. in the first place, kaya nga sila naka-uniporme para ma-identify as good cops, someone we can approach for our safety and protection; but baliktad eh.

not all crimes in one's book take the form of a hostage-taking. poor example. and no matter how many vin diesel movies people have watched, the quirino hostage situation would not have ended with at least two hostages dead. i'm actually surprise he wasn't able to kill more than a dozen.
    ha? a hostage-taking is not a crime? and what are you talking about not have ended with at least two hostages dead? masmarami pa sa dalawa ang namatay!

gusto mo pa ng more than a dozen bago mo icategorize as a crime ang nangyari?

huh? malabo bigla.

cop lover

it's not a fact. but for the sake of argument let's assume it is, i can live with it because there are thousands of solved cases, deterred crimes and actual arrests and imprisonment of criminals every year.

so even 'masasamang pulis' can do a lot of 'kabutihan,' far more than you can do in two lifetimes. brains, man, brains!
    More than half of those 'solved cases' might be "fabricated", niluto na para lang masabing may nagawa sila. These cops are too dumb where malls would not even hire them as parking attendants.

frankly i can't. all i want is SOME cops out there to do their jobs. one policeman visible along a 100-meter stretch of rizal avenue or recto will already deter more than a dozen potential crimes.
    One cop? with a 45" waistline, a corrupt mind, a single bullet on his service pistol, and an IQ slightly higher than his waistline measurement, you're right, they can really do much...but trouble.

These cops are more of an accessory to a crime than a deterrent.

cop lover

More than half of those 'solved cases' might be "fabricated", niluto na para lang masabing may nagawa sila. These cops are too dumb where malls would not even hire them as parking attendants.

One cop? with a 45" waistline, a corrupt mind, a single bullet on his service pistol, and an IQ slightly higher than his waistline measurement, you're right, they can really do much...but trouble.

These cops are more of an accessory to a crime than a deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    unfair sa mga mabubuting pulis? sino ang mabuting pulis?

ahhh.. ang kainuman mo na pulis? ang kamaganak mong pulis? ang kumpare or kaibigan mong pulis?

now if you ask me bakit ko nasabi na walang mabuting pulis, ang isasagot ko ay dahil hindi nila ginagawa ang tunay na trabaho nila, lalo sa mga kapwa pulis nila.

sino ba ang numero uno na law breaker sa lansangan? you got it.. mga pulis rin! so kung may mabuti/matino na pulis pa dyan ay dapat ginagawan ng paraan ang mga bulok na kasama nila, pero wala kang nababalitaan na pulis na kusang nanghuhuli ng kapwang pulis.
    Ang bobo mo...

immature thinking.

when a foreigner will say "all filipinos are corrupt" would you agree on that? Of course not because two, three or even hundreds of corrupt officials do not reflect the entirety of the filipino population. Majority does not mean entireness!

Pero true, police related crimes are alarming, scary and disturbing.

as always, low salary, that's why the police in the Philippines could not recruit the better candidates for the job.

And di naman lahat, there are those who died during service or in action and even those mga nabweltahan dahil they strictly enforced the law. ano bang napala nya or ng pamilya nya, life moves on for everyone, but his family was left miserable, and they're not paid high enough for the high risks they need to take to fulfill their jobs.

and sino ba ang naglalagay sa mga yan, di ba mga tao din. everyone's given their share in this corrupt society, no need for some of us to act so innocently.

ano ba requirements bago maging isang pulis? dapat ba aral ka ng Criminology o kahit HS grad ka lang at mag training pwede ka na maging pulis? baka kailangan itaas yung value ng education or anything para maituro naman sa kanila yung preservation of life. sa panahon ngayon parang hindi mo na sila pagkakatiwalaan parang sila pa yung threat.

that's because you decided to go into the quirino affair. now i'm not a cop or a soldier but i used to dab a lot into specwar and SWAT activities.

the quirino case illustrates one important point in a (multiple) hostage situation. terrorists will defer killing hostages since they usually have sort of demand. but a deranged hostage taker (deranged but armed with an m-16 and knows how to use it) is an entirely different matter. if the loony suddenly decides to start shooting his hostages, there's nothing even **** marcinko can do. a lot of hostages will die. look how good that guy was. he had the bus parked right in the middle of a wide thoroughfare with a nice 360 degree view. cops mustering from any angle will be easily spotted. and if things go bad inside the bus, the entire armed forces of the philippines will probably take at least 10 minutes before they secure the bus. 10 minutes. that's more than enough time to kill all 18 hostages. the fact that he managed to knock off "just" 8 of them is an outright cridit to the sniper who got him.

that's it. like i said, it's a poor example. how many high profile hostage takings does the philippines have? 1 every 5 years (not sure but not many.) now i know everyone in PEX was howling at how ineptly the cops were trying to storm the bus when the guy started shooting people. i'd like to see anyone here try doing that himself, expose yourself to a man with an m-16 and more than willing to use it on you. good thing none of those cops got hit.

you were saying?
    all I'm reading is yadda-yadda-yadda-yadda

hostage taking in quirino grandstand..

tell that to the dead

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_youandme View Post
    immature thinking.

when a foreigner will say "all filipinos are corrupt" would you agree on that? Of course not because two, three or even hundreds of corrupt officials do not reflect the entirety of the filipino population. Majority does not mean entireness!

Pero true, police related crimes are alarming, scary and disturbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCitizen View Post
    Ang bobo mo...
    kayong dalawa, may mga kamaganak kayong pulis? kumpare na pulis? kaibigan na pulis? siguro ang mga kilala nyo na pulis ay mabuting kaibigan, mabuting kamaganak, mabuting kumpare/kumare; pero definitely hindi sila mabuting pulis.

correction rin sa "all filipinos are corrupt".. mali yan. ang tama ay "all filipinos are corrupted".

there were more live ones. at entebbe, the commandos rescued 104 but 8 were killed. so that was also a botched rescue operation?

the GSG-9 rescue of the luftansa plane in mogadishu: all passengers were unhurt but the terrorists killed the pilot before they had time to move in. so that rescue was also botched.

stupid.
    teka nga muna.. so you classify the quirino incident as an act of terrorism? but the guy's demands were so simple, so very simple that NO ONE should have died barring any legal technicalities. let me refresh your memory.. the guy was asking for his job back, with benefits and have his name cleared.

iba naman ang sa luftansa plane incident. what were the demands of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (sa pangalan pa lang ng grupo na yan alam mo na ang ang hinihingi nila) compared to the quirino incident?

katawa-tawa ka if you will answer in the affirmative that what occurred in quirino grandstand is an act of terrorism.

the incident was a terr act? no. as always you miss my very simple point. and i'm not even writing at the college level for you. how old are you?
    does it matter how old I am? ang sabihin mo.. hindi ka marunong mag-express ng sarili mo!!!

mor0n!

eh bakit mo gagawing comparison ang isang criminal act at isang terrorist act? you are comparing apples and oranges.

ano kaya ang reaction mo dito:

Pasig cop sacked for terrorizing guards
    Philstar.com - Tuesday, January 4
    MANILA, Philippines - The Pasig City police’s deputy investigation chief was disarmed and removed from his post yesterday after he was caught on video wielding a rifle to “terrorize” security guards outside a shopping mall last Dec. 31.

Eastern Police District (EPD) director Chief Superintendent Francisco Manalo placed Senior Inspector Oscar Magtibang on floating status.

“He was disarmed of his Armalite rifle and .45 caliber pistol and restricted to my office,” Manalo said, adding that he will file grave mischarges against Magtibang.

According to reports reaching Manalo, Magtibang – who was in civilian clothes – parked his car at a no-parking zone at a mall in Mandaluyong City at around 11:30 a.m. last Dec. 31.

When a guard knocked on the car door to tell him that he was not allowed to park there, Magtibang lowered the car window, with his rifle in full view. Magtibang left the area, but the guard followed him, calling for reinforcements.

Upon reaching Escriva street, in front of the Asturia building, Magtibang grabbed his rifle and got out of his car to confront the security guards.

Manalo said Magtibang also called Pasig’s Special Weapons and Tactics unit personnel, and together they arrested the guards and jailed them without charges.

The incident was recorded by a closed-circuit television camera, Manalo said.

Magtibang released the security guards only upon the intervention of Pasig City police chief Senior Superintendent Jesse Cardona.

Manalo said it is up to the security guards if they wish to file a criminal case against Magtibang. He added that Cardona has the final say on Magtibang’s replacement. - By Non Alquitran (Philstar News Service, www.philstar.com)

isolated incident? iisa lang? bakit kaya ang mga SWAT na tinawag ay hindi reprimanded? this is what I am talking about, instead na pigilan ng mga SWAT ang isang pulis, naging ala-goons sila para panakot sa mga sekyu.

and mind you, I'm not siding with the security guards. paano kaya kung ordinary civilian lang ang kausap ng mayabang na pulis? the guy had the balls to lie in front of national TV, without knowledge that the incident was captured via a CCTV

Pulis sa atin ay may masamang reputasyon kahit sabihin natin na may mangilan ngilan na matino.
    Kapag may nangyaring krimen, parang ayaw mong lumapit sa pulis eh, mas mainam pang ilapit sa "media".
    Mga pulis sa atin ay may "maangas" na pag-uugali. I know some police personally, parang sa personal ko lang na kakilalang pulis ako di mangingiming lumapit, sa iba, wag na lang.

Hindi dahilan na mababa kasi ang sahod, una pa lang alam mo na mababa ang sahod, hindi ka na lang dapat nag-pulis kung gusto mo ng malaking kita. Wrong people for the job ang karamihan sa mga pulis. Pinasok nila ang pagpupulis para makapangotong(malaking pera) at hindi para makapaglingkod sa bayan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last