Aces aiming for Top 2 in the draft
The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug is swift and exciting, giving fans an epic view of things to come.read more
Reigning champs the DLSU Lady Spikers continued their romp as they demolished the NU Lady Bulldogs 25-8, 25-22, 25-19read more
The highest fan and issue threads will be posted weekly. Check out the gorgeous female celebrities that came out on top this week!read more
Fans just got a taste of what to expect this season. Here are the numbers that shaped the first week of UAAP volleyball action.read more
Aces aiming for Top 2 in the draft
Di naman na build ang mga champion teams overnight. So stay the course team..
kung may isang quarter pa sana kanina eh sana na habol natin..
Like in the nba, it would be a better idea to just cOmpletely tank the season, develops Alaska bench players and prepare for the draft. We all honesty I don't think Alaska can defeat TNT or even bmeg with this line up. With all the politics going on in the league. The best way to improve is through the draft process. I believe in the saying one step backward two steps forward. Alaska just needs a player or two to cOmpete for the championship. If alaska gets lucky and gets the first pick in the cOming draft. Hodge is not a bad prize for losing. Right now Alaska needs a player who would go out and fight on a nightly basis. Hodge is the perfect guy . Hatfield with shooting. As much as I hate Alaska losing , I don't think we have the right players to compete against the other teams.
That was a bad loss indeed, but we still have 4 games left and who knows, some of the other lower-ranked teams might lose 2-3 in a row. We'll see. Even if not for the playoffs, I'd love to see the team start winning consecutively. I just want to see them win, period.
What I hope to happen for the next season ,basically my wish list
1) Trade Baguio and Eman for Norwood and 2012 first round pick( 5th pick in my projected mock draft see below for reference) Statistically Alaska lose ( see below) 10 points but Alaska also lose an average of 4 turnovers a game , which is more important. By also acquiring the 5th pick Alaska can get a decent player to fill the points voided by Baguio. Baguio dribbles the ball too much , he is better suited for Yeng Guioas team which has a run and gun system. Eman has not really lived us to his potential, it is time to let him go and move forward.
2) Draft Chris Ellis with the 2nd pick chris ellis reminds me of marcio lassiter, an aggressive player who can shoot from the outside and drive the ball to the lane . He is the perfect replacement for cyrus baguio
3) Get a legitimate back up point guard custodio and jazul are both combo guard, Alaska needs someone who can replace him and run the play, every time custodio or jazul comes in to replace Tenorio, the whole offense completely changes. They both hold the ball too much
4) Trade Custodio for Buenafe Alaska needs more outside shooters, since Jazul and custodio replicates one another, getting a legit back up off guard would strengthen Alaskas backcourt.
5) Trade Barracael for Al Husseini Since almost all powerade player are up for grabs, I think Alaska should join the bandwagon. Barracael is a combo forward, too small to be a power forward too slow to be a small forward. With the addition of Espinas to the team and Norwood (see scenario 1) Barracael becomes dispensable. Getting Al Husseini gives Thoss a solid replacement .
Alaska draft scenario
1 e Air21 Express Clifford Hodge
2 x Alaska Aces Chris Ellis Replacement for Baguio
3 x Meralco Bolts Aldrich Ramos - FEU
4 x Barako Bull Energy Kelly Nabong
5 e Rain or Shine Elasto Painters ( Alaska) Manuel, Vic. Trillo's Best player in the D League
6 e Petron Blaze Boosters Jensen, Charles Keith.
7 e Powerade Tigers Mallari, Alex Christopher.
8 y Barangay Ginebra Kings Mandani, A.J..
9 x B-Meg Llamados Jordan Sanvictores
10 y Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters Karl Matthew Dehesa
Projected 2013 Line Up
C Sonny Thoss
PF Gabby Espinas
SF Gabe Norwood
SG Chris Ellis
PG LA Tenorio
C Al Husseini
PF Vic Manuel
SF Toni Dela Cruz
SG Ronjay Buenafe
PG RJ Jazul
PF Ariel Mepana
C Yousef Taha ( 2nd round Pick)
PG Lester Alvarez ( 3rd round Pick)
PG Simon Atkins
2012 D League Averages
PLAYER NAME GP 2FGM 3FGM OFF DEF TOT AST TO STL BLK PTS
Manuel, Vic. 13 66 6 30 63 93 26 29 28 9 220
Ellis, Christopher Allan. 11 28 8 20 23 43 13 19 7 4 95
Taha, Yousef. 7 11 0 20 37 57 13 8 3 8 41
Alvarez, Lester. 12 13 34 5 28 33 32 16 23 1 148
Atkins, Simon David. 11 9 4 8 20 28 33 15 15 0 39
Projected 2013 STATS
Player MPG PPG RPG APG SPG BPG
Joachim Thoss 35.4 18.6 12.4 1.6 0.6 1.2
LA Tenorio 35.6 17.8 5.2 7 1 0.2
Gabby Espinas 23.6 12 8 1.4 0.8 0.4
Chris Ellis 31.6 10.1 5 3 1 0.5
Gabe Norwood 31.6 10 6 5 1.4 0.5
Al Husseini 18.8 8.5 5 3 0 0.8
RJ Jazul 15.33 8.2 0.67 0.33 0 0
Anthony dela Cruz 19 7.4 3.5 1 0.5 0.5
Ronjay Buenafe 13.4 7 2 2 0.5 0
Vic Manuel 7.2 5 2 1 0 0.2
Lester Alvarez 5.2 2.1 1 2 0.8 0
Yousef Taha 3 0.5 1 0 0 0.4
Ariel Mepana 2 0 0 0 0 0
107.2 51.77 27.33 6.6 4.7
Baguio - Norwood ???? --- scorer ang kelangan ng team, hindi dribbler. If i-trade man si Baguio sana sa mas consistent scorer pa sa kanya.
Baracael - Al Hussaini??? --- are you kidding me? How could this be possible???
Rebuilding/Trade is good for every team, but again the team needs to aim for their advantage in the long run.
ang dami niyang sinabi parang wala atang magkakatotoo jan a
huwaw, baka pwede mo ilapit yan sa "Wish Ko Lang" ng GMA7
I appreciate people giving their inputs about my post, it just tells us that we all want Alaska to succeed even with what is happening right now. Anyway just for the sake of argument let me defend my post .
1) First I agree I doubt it if this ever materializes , This is just what I would personally do if I was the Team manager of Alaska
2) Why Norwood for Baguio Again I agree , Alaska needs scorer and not another role player. Norwood game reminds me of grant hill, A good defender who does not need to be the go to guy but contributes in all aspects of the game, not only in the points department. If you check my scenario , Alaska drafts Chris Ellis which for me is another Lassiter in the making, He can offset the points of Baguio. Also by acquiring buenafe , it solves the problem of Alaska in the offensive department. I remember a game where buenafe exploded for 30 + points.
3) Barracael for Al Husseini With Eman gone , Alaska needs a back up center, Al Husseini has a nice mid range game which is more than enough for a back up center. I like Barracael but with Norwood , Espinas and Dela cruz in the line up, It is going to be hard to play Barracael. He is too small to play the four position.
4) Where is Fajardo With my mock draft , I projected the draft position of teams , I did not change the teams who traded their picks because with all honesty I have no idea who traded their pick. Now where is Fajardo I read somewhere that Fajardo will not be joining this year draft as well as banchero and Slaughter. That is the only reason I did not included his name but if he did actually qualify to join the draft then it would be a better situation for Alaska since now Alaska has a chance to select Hodge, which I believe is the best player in the draft
By saying That, I still believe that Alaska can still be a contender in PBA. They just need to realize their Identity.
I agree on the suggestions of trading certain players, but there is no way we can get anything close to what you wish to get in return.
I must say though, that trading Baguio would be the best thing to do right now. His size is already a weakness for us, since he is just as big as LA. Two, he has been very very reckless. Three, get something out of him before his play continue to worsen. Four, his inconsistency is hurting us too much.
Yes, Fajardo and co. (who are playing in ABL) aren't eligible to play in the PBA. PBA requires at least 2 conferences of action in the league, or if you have serve the country's flag, then you become automatically eligible (see Gilas boys).
Danny Francisco isn't a bad manager. At least involve na sya sa pba maybe not as a player that he may wanted to be but as a manager.
Hehe, mukhang na-resurrect si Flying-Flying...
Hay. IF they win the last 4 remaining games, may chance pa diba? I wasn't able to watch the last game but looking at the scores, kulang na kulang din talaga ang local support, this time even the starters fell short. Can't really blame Forte, although somehow I really wish the coaches went for a different (better) import instead of yung lagi nalang tried and tested (safe) import ang pinipili.
No doubt, some changes need to be made, especially sa bench players. Parang broken record na, but we need another PG/SG, a legit scorer. Since Thiele, Bugia and Gonzales hardly see any playing time, maybe they can nab us a decent player in return. 3 for 1!
sa starters....I'm still happy with them but they really can't do it all all the time.
We'll see how the rest of this confy goes. I agree with @tabula, I still want to see them win games, regardless of standing.
The bigger question, is Alaska playing in the next season?
Honestly, I think they do. IMO, they are here to stay for at least another year, after that, big question mark.
1st group of guys is for me the one should alaska retained. i believe they'll be playing good bball given the chance and maybe in a diff coach. the potential is really there.
2nd group is the one should be discarded. they havent been playing well since this season and they don't seem to gel with the team and cant put up consistent plays.
next season, i want them to have a new aura within the crew. maybe a new coach, new system or whatever.
Guys, akala ko ba part na din ng coaching staff si Louie Alas? Parang nabasa ko kase sya before dito sa thread. Although yun nga parang I haven't seen him sa bench ng Alaska.
Parang konte na lang din ang coaching staff ngayon ng Alaska. Nawala na si Coach Tim, Joel Banal at Jolas. I hope madagdagan din ng one or two assistant coaches pa.
Mamaya BMEG ang kalaban ng Aces. I hope they'll get their second win against Coach Tim Cone..