The DLSU Lady Spikers took a walk in the park as they dominated UST from start to finish with 25-8, 27-25, 25-13read more
June Mar Fajardo saved the day with double-doubles as he helped Petron escape the tough Alaska squad 86-85.read more
Jessy Mendiola's time is here. Patiently waiting for her turn in the spotlight, she is proof that good things come to those who wait.read more
The absence of Maruja Banaticla from the lineup of the UST Golden Tigresses has made ripples in the volleyball world.read more
While we don't espouse violence, one can't help get more adrenaline watching the game when you see players go at each other at all costs.read more
Is there a locker where I can keep my luggage in Sentosa? If there is, for how much? TIA.
Ano pwede sakyan from changi to woodlands? May train ba? Thanks
Sa SEA Hotel po ba wala talagang Quad Occupancy? talagang Triple lang yung pinakamarami nila in a room? Thanks!
Just came back from our Singapore trip with my wife. Some learnings:
-Maraming lakaran dito. Wear comfortable shoes. If you don't plan to take a cab most of the time.
-Medyo mahal ang tubig so bring lots of water. Kinompute ko anlaki ng nagastos namin sa soft drinks at water. Sobrang init din kasi.
-Stay away from USS during weekends and holidays. Medyo maubos ang oras sa pila. Puntahan mo agad yung Transformers the ride since mabilis humaba ang pila. Favorite ride ko yun.
-Bring extra budget for shopping. Sakto ang dating namin sa Great Singapore Sale. Pumunta din kami sa IT expo. Suffice to say, we went over our budget but we got what we wanted. Unfortunatley we did not make it to the zoo since gabi na after some shopping so Night Safari na lang.
-Madali magpapalit ng peso sa may Lucky Plaza. Madami din murang souvenir items.
-Madaming masarap na food! Lalo na pag adventurous ka. Favorite namin sa Makansutra at Medz sa Orchard Central.
- Maximize your trip! We went out early and went home late just right before the last train arrives. It's pretty much safe to walk even at night.
- We hiked the Southern Ridge trail pala going thru Mt. faber Park to the Henderson Waves & Forest Walk. Be ready to walk for at least 1.5-2 hours and make sure you have water. Do not hike at noon kasi sobrang init. Medyo kulimlim nung pumunta kami pero uminit ng matindi nung noon na. Pagtapos ng walk parang nilabhan yung shirt kosa pawis.
this map. There are also other options offered by gothere.sg like bus only, bus + train, taxi or by personal vehicle.
guys sino manonood ng singapore night race sainyo jan?
san ba pwedeng bumili ng ticket na mura kahit walkabout lang?
Just got back from Singapore May 31. We booked a family room of 6 at The Strand Hotel which was a pleasant surprise. Hindi kagandahan ang decor ng room but it was clean. The toilet and bath was clean as well. The cleaning ladies were pleasant. Naka smile parati and they greeted us everytime they see us sa corridor. Room was made up everyday with fresh towels everyday and na rereplenish ang toothbrushes everyday pag may nakita silang kulang. Since fully paid na kami sa first day checking out was a breeze. Pina extend pa kami to 1pm. Malapit pa sa bras basah MRT ( 2 minute walk). Noise from construction in front wasn't a problem once inside the room. Heavy breakfast was included with a plate of eggs, sausages and bacon and unlimitedf coffee, tea, bread, noodles, pancakes and fruits.
Contrary to what others say, we found singaporeans to be generally friendly( except for some IO's). Tumayo pa nga yung isang mama sa train to give his seat to my mom. Since it was sale season, having pinoy salespersons were an advantage kasi sinasabi nila kung pano ka makaka discount lalo at nilalabas nila yung naka tagong stock on sale. Hehe. One store in Paragon gave us a tourist discount. Pinakita lang namin ang passport namin. GST also was refundable sa Changi. Pinaka ok na exchange rate ang sa Lucky Plaza.
Madugo lang talaga sa Sentosa and USS kasi napaka init. Always have an umbrella and water bottles ready. May refilling stations naman. Free rides were also available for transferring from one point to another in Sentosa. Na surprise din kami sa Botanical Gardens. Kala namin malayo. Napaka lapit lang pala sa Orchard. Food trip kami sa Makansutra, Chinatown and Food Republic sa mga malls. EZ link cards were very handy since we travelled by MRT and Bus. Di kasi kayang mag walking ng malayo ang mom ko.
Ok na ok ang trip namin kasi we were able to visit Bugis, Chinatown, Sentosa, Mustafa, Kampong Glam, Riverside etc. sa limited time and budget namin. Na delay ang PAL flight namin for 2 hours so we were given 15sgd for food. Nakapag shopping pa kami sa duty free ng Changi. One more tip pala. You can spend the rest of your EZ link load sa Cold Storage sa terminal 1. Mag skytrain ka lang naman from 1 terminal to another. Sorry for the long post.
Last edited by lapizlazuli; Jun 3, 2012 at 12:36 AM.
Strand Hotel has family rooms available.
hi. anyone here who has flown to/from SG via airphilexpress? do i still need to pay terminal fee at changi airport (coming from singapore to dmia-clark) via airphilexpress' one-way ticket? i called up their hotline kaya lang parang di sure yung nakausap kong agent. in my experience with other airlines, kasama na sa ticket lahat ng fees kaya nagtataka ako sa airphil, hindi pa raw kasama ang terminal fee esp if ticket was booked online?
Hi! i need help sa pagshopping sa sg. We'll be in SG on June 8-11, bale 4 whole days. We plan to mostly shop and visit a few tourist attractions. Kaya lang I'm 14 weeks preggy so I would like to ask for help sana in planning our IT.
Here are the things that I plan to buy, can you suggest which malls (pati na rin yung order kung pano pupuntahan please) ang pwede ko ivisit na meron mostly niyan with minimal transfers/walks in between? I was hoping to get in 2-3 hours of shopping (max of 4 with rests in between per day sana).
1. Bags - coach (may discount ba sila for gss?) or charles and keith
2. Ipanema slippers/sandals
3. Cotton on, H&M, Uniqlo
4. Cellphone - may PC show (do they sell sa PC show phones na walang plan?) sa suntec but just in case which other mall/s yung may best buy ng phones - mustafa or funan?
5. Pasalubong - beef jerkies (don't know kung san meron nito), chocolates (sa mustafa ata maraming mura?) and keychains (sa chinatown ba yung may 36pcs for something sgd?)
6. Currency exchanger - yung may magandang rates just in case kulangin ang sgd na dala namin.
For tourist spots naman, baka MBS and surrounding area and night safari (kasi nakatram naman?) ang puntahan lang namin. Meron pa ba kayong alam na pwedeng puntahan na less yung walks and sulit naman puntahan? Out na ang USS at sentosa kasi baka mainggit lang ako sa mga nagrarides.
3. Cotton on-Dami sa orchard road. I think I saw a branch in orchard central? There is only one branch of H&M- sa Orchard Building along Grange Road katabi ng 313@somerset. The Uniqlo branches we visited were at Ion orchard and Vivo City.
5. Sa chinatown meron. We bought our beef jerkies sa Bee Cheng Haing. There's a branch in ion orchard sa food court malapit sa Food Opera and sa changi terminal 2 where there is a friendly filipina saleslady. Chocolates in Mustafa or at ABC store sa Bugis village malapit sa albert complex.
Hope this helps.
6. The rates at Lucky Plaza are better than in Bugis. Di ako sure sa Mustafa kung mas mura.
in addition to lapizlazuli's feedback:
1) palagi akong nakakabili ng discounted c&k bags sa bugis junction, na minsan hindi available or discounted sa ibang c&k branches.
3) i'll also visit uniqlo branch at 313@somerset along orchard rd.
4) i think it's better to buy cellfones at Funan IT Mall.
5) i always buy chocolates at mustafa, it's cheaper there and marami ring choices. for keychains, haven't tried buying in chinatown, sa bugis ako nakakabili ng wholesale pero di masyadong ok ang quality compared to those being sold at mustafa na mas mahal din naman syempre.