PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: Purefoods Survive Kia Scare

After trailing for most of the game, Purefoods mounted a big fourth quarter-comeback to defeat Manny Pacquiao's Kia Sorento, 88-77.

read more

5 Biggest Impressions in UAAP Volleyball

An even better Alyssa Valdez, the struggling Lady Bulldogs and UST's wonderkid. Find out other big impressions in week 1 of UAAP Volleyball here!

read more

Show Me Your EDM Teeths!

In this week's episode of SMYT, Chelsey and Merly poke fun at artistas who may have gone too far by releasing albums to boost their careers.

read more

PHOTOS: Paul Lee Saves the Day for RoS

Paul Lee nailed a crucial three-pointer plus two pressure packed free throws to lead his team to victory over the NLEX Road Warriors, 95-93.

read more

REVIEW: Past Tense

Our reviewer thinks Past Tense is a step down from KimXi's previous outing, Bride for Rent. Read the full review here!

read more

FEATURE: BasketBros: The Second Edition

We were surprised at the interest generated by last week's special PBA feature on BasketBros. So we decided to put up a Part 2. Read it here!

read more

Towing Services

can you recommend a reliable membership towing services?
    pls post their contact infos.

2. Nov 14, 2010, 08:03 PM

If your concern is for your car, you can get a motor insurance policy that has free 24-7 roadside assistance rider. You can have the towing and on-the-spot mechanic, battery boosting, fueling and many other services without extra charge. All major insurers offer this free service rider.

yea.. prudential insurance has free towing, etc.

AAP, they have the newest tow-trucks AFAIK.

Aside from AAP and the insurance companies, Viray Towing has been around for quite some time already. Saw this on their Multiply Site:

http://multiply.com/mu/viraytowing/image/2/photos/9/500x500/1/SDC10110.jpg?et=4ZhKHT7O5l0ag6qgiMxY6w&nmid=223187715

Quote Originally Posted by rendaku View Post
    If your concern is for your car, you can get a motor insurance policy that has free 24-7 roadside assistance rider. You can have the towing and on-the-spot mechanic, battery boosting, fueling and many other services without extra charge. All major insurers offer this free service rider.
    can you post the name of the insurance co. and its contact infos?

Quote Originally Posted by BeerhandBop View Post
    yea.. prudential insurance has free towing, etc.
    but you have to buy the policy from them right?
    naka insured na kasi.

^Yes you would have to buy motor insurance from them, but first, check with your insurance company whether your policy has such rider.
    Most insurers offer the free rider to attract customers as well as to provide protected service for the insured car and prevent potential further damage that may occur if not handled properly. Baka meron naman palang 24-7 free towing service na rider yang policy di mo lang alam. They don’t always insert the flyer in the policy kasi di naman part ng indemnity or coverage contract yon; separate service yon kaya di mo mababasa sa policy.
    Anyway, a few insurance companies who offer it: Federal Phoenix (tie-up with Ibero Asistencia, which is one of the better flatbed truck providers), Prudential GA, UCPB Gen., Pioneer. Hanapin mo na lang ang numbers sa directory. If you are a fuel fleet card holder, such as the Petron Fleet Card or Chevron Star Card may privilege ka rin for free towing service.

just wondering if Ibero Asistencia provide member towing services even without buying insurance from them like AAP?

^ call them. 8673722 yung kanilang 24/7. get lead from there.
    You can get tons of info by calling 'em up.

^Yes you would have to buy motor fleet insurance from them, but first, check with your insurance company whether your policy has such rider.

Most insurers offer the free rider to attract customers as well as to provide protected service for the insured car and prevent potential further damage that may occur if not handled properly. Baka meron naman palang 24-7 free towing service na rider yang policy di mo lang alam. They don’t always insert the flyer in the policy kasi di naman part ng indemnity or coverage contract yon; separate service yon kaya di mo mababasa sa policy.

Anyway, a few insurance companies who offer it: Federal Phoenix (tie-up with Ibero Asistencia, which is one of the better flatbed truck providers), Prudential GA, UCPB Gen., Pioneer. Hanapin mo na lang ang numbers sa directory. If you are a fuel fleet card holder, such as the Petron Fleet Card or Chevron Star Card may privilege ka rin for free towing service.
    Ibero Asistencia is the same company behind Generali? Or is that different?

Sa AAP sa account owner naka base yung towing... 2x a year yung free. If tumirik yung kotse ng kaibigan mo, at nakasakay ka, pwede rin i-tow to. But maleless sya sa 2x free mo per year... kung 3rd time need mo pa emergency assistance ulet, may minimal fee na

Quote Originally Posted by alvinjcdy View Post
    Ibero Asistencia is the same company behind Generali? Or is that different?
    Could be. Each towing service provider ties up with several insurance companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by pit bull View Post
    Sa AAP sa account owner naka base yung towing... 2x a year yung free. If tumirik yung kotse ng kaibigan mo, at nakasakay ka, pwede rin i-tow to. But maleless sya sa 2x free mo per year... kung 3rd time need mo pa emergency assistance ulet, may minimal fee na
    With AAP, may consumable mileage yung account. May towing distance brackets per type of membership, such as 100, 60, 40km total per year, and that is consumable--member would pay for km in excess of consumed membership allocation kahit within the same year. Yun rider sa insurance policy parang walang limit (as far as I’ve experienced) although they usually don’t serve calls within NLEX outside of Metro Manila beyond Valenzuela. My experience with Ibero Asistencia (tied up with my Federal Phoenix motor policy): My car stalled in a parking lot front of Don Bosco, called them and ask for a mechanic and possible towing. Traffic noon friday so they arrived after 45mins. They arrived flatbed truck, I told the mechanic to check first if he could fix the car; ayoko ipa-tow kasi hassle pa. House is near lang naman, pwede jeep or lakarin. So the mechanic checked under hood. He saw the problem: patina on battery terminals. (hahaha obvious ba di ako naglilinis under hood) So, with a little box wrench and a steel brush ok na. Second towing call: Sucat Paranaque to Pasay Rotonda (via SS Highway (directly to the shop where I coordinated for the repair). Third towing call: Bayan, Novaliches to Paranaque, 11 pm, with drizzle. 2nd and 3rd calls both clutch problems na di naman grabe for me to dispose of my car. Three long–distance towing in a year (sounds so road f*** up) and I am still entitled to a fourth (yes, I am—I checked), and a fifth—but I hope not.

Could be. Each towing service provider ties up with several insurance companies.

With AAP, may consumable mileage yung account. May towing distance brackets per type of membership, such as 100, 60, 40km total per year, campervan insurance and that is consumable--member would pay for km in excess of consumed membership allocation kahit within the same year. Yun rider sa insurance policy parang walang limit (as far as I’ve experienced) although they usually don’t serve calls within NLEX outside of Metro Manila beyond Valenzuela. My experience with Ibero Asistencia (tied up with my Federal Phoenix motor policy): My car stalled in a parking lot front of Don Bosco, called them and ask for a mechanic and possible towing. Traffic noon friday so they arrived after 45mins. They arrived flatbed truck, I told the mechanic to check first if he could fix the car; ayoko ipa-tow kasi hassle pa. House is near lang naman, pwede jeep or lakarin. So the mechanic checked under hood. He saw the problem: patina on battery terminals. (hahaha obvious ba di ako naglilinis under hood) So, with a little box wrench and a steel brush ok na. Second towing call: Sucat Paranaque to Pasay Rotonda (via SS Highway (directly to the shop where I coordinated for the repair). Third towing call: Bayan, Novaliches to Paranaque, 11 pm, with drizzle. 2nd and 3rd calls both clutch problems na di naman grabe for me to dispose of my car. Three long–distance towing in a year (sounds so road f*** up) and I am still entitled to a fourth (yes, I am—I checked), and a fifth—but I hope not.
    MAgkano ang additional if you opt for a rider like this???

16. Advertisement

^It's free and it is not optional.

can you post the name of the insurance co. affiliated with Ibero Asistencia?

^ Man, did you suffer gangrene and had all your fingers amputated? Or you are just an unconnected and painfully unresourceful bum. Sorry but... JESUS, MAN !!