PEx Highlights

FEATURE: The 1986 FIBA World Championship

How would the 1986 Philippine national team have fared had it gone to Spain in the 1986 FIBA World Championship?

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 6

The is back! We talk about the top dogs, the lovable losers and Kyle Neypes' recent transformation.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: Talk Back and You're Dead

It may not the type of movie that can explain the deeper meaning of life, but it's the movie that can melt your heart.

read more

PROMO: If I Stay

Join the If I Stay promo and win advance screening tickets!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno

Perfectly choreographed fight scenes and compelling execution makes "Kyoto Inferno" the perfect bridge to "Legend Ends."

read more

PHOTOS: Ateneo Wins in the Clutch Again

Kiefer Ravena made another clutch shot at the dying minutes of the game, cementing an Ateneo win over the UE Red Warriors, 78-73.

read more

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
    Banned by Admin
    ^ i think it would still be an overkill to switch the venue of the semis and the finals of the volleyball games this season to the Araneta Coliseum. like what you mentioned, only a handful of sections of Araneta will be filled up since UAAP volleyball has yet to achieve the same kind of following that UAAP basketball has.

the relatively expensive ticket prices at the Big Dome might also turn off the mostly non-alumni supporters of UAAP volleyball teams (remember that the current prices of tickets at The Arena are roughly half of the prices of tickets at the Araneta Coliseum).

UAAP volleyball, unlike UAAP basketball, has a rather "personal" touch because fans at The Arena are close to the action on court. sa Araneta kasi, may kalayuan ang court sa die-hard supporters na madalas ay nasa Upper A at Upper B sections.

for now, UAAP volleyball, an event that yet to assert itself popularity-wise, will be better off staying at The Arena, its "home" for several years now. if the main concern of the host is accommodating the "large number of people" who will come to the big games, ULTRA, with its maximum seating capacity of 10,000, is the best "big" venue for the games, for now.

i guess there's nothing wrong with that... it's just the right time to "TRY" using Araneta as venue for the semis and finals matches of UAAP volleyball..

dito kasi matetest yung following ng sport na yun... and besides there's always a place for 1st times.. they and the sport cannot progress if they will not try di ba? so let's give the sport a chance...

go lang... and i have to commend the host for trying to uplift the sport...

just my 2 cents...

Okay naman sa Araneta basta walang taguan ng tickets

I understand the concern of what the others here have voiced out -- pricier tickets, vball still an emerging sport, etc etc.

But at I think to a certain point, we have to give this a chance, 'di pa naman alam kung totoo or hindi. The SAC is more accessible to more people, Araneta is smack in the route of buses plus the LRT and MRT runs right through there also. Also, I think people would be willing to dole out for the tix, even if they're double the price. 250php for patron tix at SAC? That's a reasonable price, considering the upgrade in venue and it's the Finals naman.

Cinonfirm na ni Stephanie Mercado via Facebook na sa Araneta ang venue ng Finals

It's a good move for me personally since nalalayuan ako sa San Juan Arena

But then again, I'm a bit doubtful. I'm having second thoughts dun sa "account" ni Stephanie Mercado.

To be sure, let's just assume na sa The Arena pa rin ang finals
    Last edited by ChaosMohawk; Feb 2, 2012 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alternicko_ View Post

Di pa kaya ng UAAP Women's Volleyball ang Araneta. World Women's Volleyball Grand Prix nga nilangaw sa Araneta e..

Banned by Admin
    ^ kaya nga the "best big venue" for volleyball, for now, will be the 10,000-seat Philsports Arena (ULTRA).

i dunno what NU is thinking of doing next year. i don't see UAAP volleyball being held at the MOA Arena so most probably it will stay at The Arena.

Puwede. Patok yan.

10. Feb 12, 2013, 09:47 PM

Basta either MOA or Araneta for the Finals, ok na ok

12. Advertisement

wow, after just 3 years na ginawa ang thread na ito. halos totoo na mangyayari ito

napuno na nga MOA arena.

well yung 19k+ crowd sa MOA Arena, pwede nating sabihing it was because of the hype for the Ateneo-La Salle game. kita naman natin yung difference nila sa kasabay na NCAA game (finals pa man din), nilangaw yung venue... pero since ABSCBN is good at advertising UAAP Games, well, hindi imposible na mapuno rin ang Araneta

Banned by Admin
    the Araneta Coliseum has now been used as a venue for UAAP volleyball games. so far, so good.

Banned by Admin
    and, yes, it happened!

BK, I prefer Araneta over MOA kahit volleyball games.

BTW, if may game 3 most likely Araneta will host also dahil MOA will host NCAA cheerleading competition on mar.9

Banned by Admin
    ^ okay naman ang Araneta as a venue. ramdam mo ang fiesta atmosphere sa Araneta unlike sa MOA na medyo stiff ang atmosphere. however, if there is one issue that i have with Araneta, that is about the ticket distribution that Ticketnet does, especially during DLSU-ADMU games.

^^yan lang problema ng Araneta, masyadong garapal sa tickets

nagpaparamdam na yata ibang fans na 2nd homecourt daw nila Araneta

Banned by Admin
    ^ at kagaya ng nakagawian, nagkalat na naman ang scalpers sa Araneta kahapon, especially near Gloria Maris and the Yellow Gate. mas marami sila panigurado next Saturday.

oo nga eh. ipinangangalandakan nila na "second homecourt" daw nila ang Araneta Coliseum. talaga lang ha.

Quote Originally Posted by alternicko_ View Post
    wew bumalik na siya....Hi Duckking!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3