PEx Highlights

RPG: 2014 PEx School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

It's back! Enroll now in the 2014 PinoyExchange School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!

read more

Show Me Your Nahulog na Teeths!

Chelsey takes over hosting duties for this week's episode! She and her guest talk about the big fall from the recently held Cosmo Bachelor Bash.

read more

An FEU-NU Matchup in the UAAP Finals?

Well, you guys were calling for an FEU-NU matchup and we wrote about it! Check out our article about a potential Tamaraws-Bulldogs matchup in the UAAP Finals.

read more

PROMO: Gone Girl

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Gone Girl!

read more

REVIEW: Annabelle

Annabelle is a fun, scary screamfest for the barkada.

read more

PHOTOS: La Salle Extends Series vs FEU

Jeron Teng and the DLSU Green Archers had no problems defeating the FEU Tamaraws on Saturday, 94-73.

read more

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Angry Noynoy - Do yourself and this country a favor. RESIGN NOW!

The following are the reasons how Noynoy failed us as the President of the Republic with regards to the 08.23.10 Quirino Grandstand Hostage Crisis.

excerpts from Philippine Star: P-Noy's leadership abilities on the line | DEMAND AND SUPPLY By Boo Chanco
    (http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=66)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs423.snc4/46632_149281525096496_100000439494585_336870_3480017_n.jpg

1.Probably the Palace didn’t think much of the situation at the start. Any crisis involving life and death situations, more so one with international repercussions, should be given high priority.

News release of the Palace 5 hours after the Hostage incident
    Palace hands off on hostage crisis by Yahoo SouthEast Asia[/B]
    http://ph.yfittopostblog.com/2010/08...ostage-crisis/

2. Worse… the first thing the public saw and heard after the carnage was a President who was seen by the world with a smirk on his face.

http://a.imageshack.us/img826/2401/shameaquino.jpg

3. If the Palace is this dysfunctional in handling a crisis involving one crazy man, how will P-Noy and his boys handle a repeat of an Ondoy situation or heaven forbid… a major earthquake along the Marikina fault line? I shudder at the thought!

http://in-indie.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ondoy.jpg

4. I can understand P-Noy’s desire to delegate to subordinates, and yes, develop institutional responses. But he must visibly keep full control.

http://professionalheckler.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/2010_july-29_three-comm-group.jpg+http://eleksyon2007.naga.gov.ph/wp-content/images/jesse-robredo.jpg+http://eleksyon2007.naga.gov.ph/wp-content/images/jesse-robredo.jpg+http://www.taipeitimes.com/images/2008/02/26/20080225183652.jpeghttp://www.decodeunicode.org/en/u+2212/data/glyph/196x196/2212.gif
    http://reynaelena.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/noy_noy_aquino_dinumog.jpghttp://slopemedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/img-thing.jpg 8 PEOPLE DEAD!

5. If P-Noy had a more direct hand, I am sure he would have the sense to order the use of the more trained Police Special Action Force or the US-trained Light Reaction Company (LRC) which is under the military’s Joint Special Operations Group instead of the jokers in the Manila Police’s so called SWAT group.

http://www.timawa.net/images/images-6-12-06/lrb_2.jpg

6. He lied by saying that he is in Emerald Restaurant all throughout the day, planning for possible ways of solving the crisis.

Lacierda on ANC Talkback: Pres. Aquino witnessed the hostage on live TV like everybody did. At around 7pm he went to Emerald restaurant to look for NCRPO, Mayor Lim, Magtibay and to discuss the hostage situation w/ Lim, Magtibay, Santiago. Pres. Aquino was given appraisal of what happened

Karen_DaviLa on Twitter:Emerald Restaurant confirms PNOY a...rrived 8:30-9pm on night of hostage taking to meet Mla Mayor Alfredo Lim, DILG sec Robredo & PNP

Noynoy, as you have said on your Inaugural Speech on the same place where the Hostage incident happened: “There can be no reconciliation without Justice”. With that, you must admit to yourself, to the Filipino people and to the rest of the world that you’re willing to submit yourself, together with the local officials monitoring and assigned on that incident for an investigation for failing to rescue and secure the lives of the hostages during that incident. And as you stated on your first SONA against the non-career appointees of GMA: “Kung may natitira pa kayong kahihiyan, magresign na kayo”, I say this to you inbehalf of the disappointed Filipinos and Hongkong-Chinese citizens and for the benefit of the future Filipino generations: "KUNG MAY NATITIRA KA PANG KAHIHIYAN, AT IKAW AY SINSERO SA ISANG MATUWID NA DAAN. MAGRESIGN KA NA."

May GOD bless the Philippines under your incompetent, insincere, self-centered and sham administration.

Foreign Contaminant! caryatid_kitten's Avatar
    I'm not a fan of Noy Noy Aquino, I detest him, in fact. But I'm sick of all this "resign now" attitude of people. It doesn't do anything but further destabilize the government and society in general.

Instead of asking him to resign now, I think it's WISER to demand more for him and pressure him into doing something smart and concrete. He hasn't been president for a year and to ask him to step down from his office is simply too careless. He is not like a boyfriend or girlfriend or a fling you can mindlessly dump after a single mistake, if anything, his presidency is more like a marriage (sorry for the analogy) that you have to work on first before deciding on an extreme course of action :P It's a dumb analogy but I think it's something people can generally understand.

Quote Originally Posted by caryatid_kitten View Post
    I'm not a fan of Noy Noy Aquino, I detest him, in fact. But I'm sick of all this "resign now" attitude of people. It doesn't do anything but further destabilize the government and society in general.

Instead of asking him to resign now, I think it's WISER to demand more for him and pressure him into doing something smart and concrete. He hasn't been president for a year and to ask him to step down from his office is simply too careless. He is not like a boyfriend or girlfriend or a fling you can mindlessly dump after a single mistake, if anything, his presidency is more like a marriage (sorry for the analogy) that you have to work on first before deciding on an extreme course of action :P It's a dumb analogy but I think it's something people can generally understand.
    I agree! What's worse is many of those who are saying resign are anti-Noynoy because he beat their candidates in the last election. Sore losers.

copy and paste:

Who’s got the ‘major major’ problem?

Who’s got the "major major" problem today? Certainly not Miss Venus Raj, fourth runner-up in the Miss Universe Pageant, who came home to a "major major" welcome. You who think you are such great English speakers -- would you be able to achieve what she did? It was a beauty contest, for goodness sake, not an oratorical contest.

The one which has the "major major" problem is our poor country which now suffers the biggest black eye, and a backlash from the inept handling of the hostage crisis in Manila. Another "major major" problem we have is an inexperienced CEO who did not know how to respond to a crisis, whose leadership qualities seem to be questionable, combined with a communications group who, if not incompetent, were simply ill-advised and made him look worse.

Consider the excuse that the President was at a closed-door meeting -- was it also a "locked door" meeting? All of us who have worked in the corporate world know that a trusted secretary can go in and quietly slip a note to the boss. Two things: (1) if such a note was indeed given to advise about the critical situation, was it heeded and an executive decision made? (2) if no such advice to the CEO was handed in, shouldn’t the one responsible for it have his or her head on a platter? Why, the poor weather bureau guys had their heads cut off for the blunder of not realizing that a typhoon could change its mind and return to hit Manila.

Consider the reason given for the locked-door meeting -- discussion of the budget! Goodness, was this an urgent state matter that the head of the Hong Kong government who was trying to reach the President was put off and could not get through! And it turns out from reports that one of the famous three actually took the call, and said in effect, "Don’t call us, we’ll call you." Worse, one of these many spin doctors commented that it was because the call did not pass through the DFA as protocol dictates, and even expressed the doubt that it was indeed the head of state. Omigosh, Sonny, you could do better than that!

Consider that simple courtesy and concern -- supposedly part of our Filipino culture of "malasakit" -- could have been extended as early as the morning of the day, and the initiative to assure the Hong Kong government that our government was doing its best to control the situation (kahit hindi totoo) could have come from our end. Only after Hong Kong had expressed its dismay was an apology extended. Wouldn’t it have been nice and Christian to have taken the first step? And moreover, when the bodies arrived in Hong Kong, they were met by no less than their highest official -- couldn’t our highest official have taken the gracious step of seeing them off himself? I’m sure even Erap would have done the right thing.

And the media! What we have here is not plain freedom of the press -- we have license! I will not add any more comments to those that said that the live broadcast of every action of the police -- the SWAT team shown racing to their positions, the other policemen cowering at the side of the bus, and what everyone says was the final straw, the manhandling of the hostage-taker’s brother -- were all seen by Mendoza on the bus’ TV. These were seen as well in every international network, and didn’t we appear to be "major major" inept fools?

As for the MPD -- from which was spawned the hostage taker -- if indeed he had been dismissed, how come he still had his government-issued firearm and bullets? Likewise, his brother turns out to have been in suspension at the time, why did he still have his service pistol? Shouldn’t those firearms have been turned in at the moment of dismissal and suspension?

For that matter, how was the brother, who was dressed in shorts and T-shirt, looking like any other bystander able to slip through. And worse, when the whole bloody siege was over, a whole crowd of usiseros rushed to the very steps of the bus, vendors, plain kibitzers, and here again, media merrily gave each of one of them their five minutes of fame.

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say, that really, this has been a "major major" fiasco that all the damage-control efforts of our spin doctors cannot really undo. The important thing is to seriously learn from this -- it’s not enough to say "let’s move on" without concrete measures being taken in so many areas...nor should harping on the past be the excuse for everything that has happened. To be quite frank, the Philippines has mud on its face, and it is not something to smile about.

merci.suleik@gmail.com

source: http://www.bworldonline.com/main/content.php?id=16897

Banned by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by fragileX View Post
    yes
    Uy bading... kmsta na mga boyfriends mong arabo dyan sa Jeddah?

Quote Originally Posted by LITHIUM478 View Post
    Lagyan ko lang ng visuals... (from facebook << not sure though kung makaka access kayo)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs408.snc4/47072_114705478583551_110296245691141_93581_6231273_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs416.snc4/47896_114705608583538_110296245691141_93584_3271855_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs416.snc4/47896_114705611916871_110296245691141_93585_6761930_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs416.snc4/47896_114705631916869_110296245691141_93591_5081092_n.jpg
    dahil sa kahihiyan PENOY resign na NOW NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs400.snc4/46352_114394505281315_110296245691141_92524_7681245_n.jpg

akala ko mga Pinoy lang ang tumatawag kay ***** na STUPID

baaaaa pati Hong Kongers pala tinawag syang STUPID

nakakahiya RESIGN now *****

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs425.snc4/46780_114691775251588_110296245691141_93514_4901696_n.jpg

HONG KONGERS HAVE CALLED HIM "SMILING DOG"

9. Advertisement

Kaya hindi umaasenso ang bansa natin kasi bago pa lang nakaupo sa gobyerno ay nais ng patalsikin, gayong hindi naman puwedeng isisi sa kanya ang nangyaring hostage taking.

The Chinese should realize that Noynoy Cojuangco Aquino is a product of their export program sometime ago and that Mayor Alfredo Siocoy Lim is a full blooded Chinese was practically the one who bungled the hostage incident.

It is of public knowledge that much of Chinese products and exports are defective.

So why should they complain about their own.

it's too early to ask for his resignation. he should be given enough time.

pero naman.. sana prove niya na hindi siya resulta ng isang malaking miscalculation ng mga bomoto sa kanya. during he's SONA he raised the bar by several notches, eh di tumaas ang expectations ng tao.

palagay ko, hindi puwede ang mga reasoning na ganito:

..ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. there's been a birdstrike and im shutting down the right engine. damn.. i dont know what to do next, sorry this is just my 5th day as a captain.. but please trust me.

kasehodang 1st flight mo pa lang as a captain.. pag upo mo pa lang sa cockpit responsible ka na kaagad sa mga pasahero mo. you made us believe that you're capable of doing the job.. di sige patunayan. command responsibility.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by wadahek View Post
    The Chinese should realize that Noynoy Cojuangco Aquino is a product of their export program sometime ago and that Mayor Alfredo Siocoy Lim is a full blooded Chinese was practically the one who bungled the hostage incident.

It is of public knowledge that much of Chinese products and exports are defective.

You need to be exposed to more people. Gosh.

But would they consider Noynoy as Chinese.

again, the most hated man in Hong Kong is the most beloved in the Philippines

You need to be exposed to more people. Gosh.
    I'm fully aware that my brand of humor is not for everybody. You'll get it, I'm sure, with more ... exposure to more varied people.

Banned by Admin
    Abnoynoy and company, since your group assumed power last June 30, kaliwa't kanan na ang kapalpakan niyo. WALA kayong ginawang maayos. yung kapalpakan niyo during the Manila bus hostage crisis, that was something UNFORGIVABLE, for all of you compromised the lives of those Hong Kong nationals and the honor of the Republic before the rest of the world.

Abnoynoy and company, please, habang may natitira pang karangalan sa bansa natin, spare it from your shameless public display of incompetence, arrogance and lack of remorse. Abnoynoy and company, RESIGN NOW!

I'm fully aware that my brand of humor is not for everybody. You'll get it, I'm sure, with more ... exposure to more varied people.
    I appreciate jokes, but not racist ones

I appreciate jokes, but not racist ones
    better a racist joke than racist hate rant, besides, the underpinning of my earlier posts is that we're all but one.

it is really how you see things. people who tend to be easily offended with anything with the slightest racist slant have not really transcend the parochial view of humanity.

We have to be objective on this one.

During the past administrations the call for resignation was evidently given. But this one is the worst. The call for Erap's resignation was 2 years after he's put into the palace, and because of the Jueteng issue. Gloria was after 4years, after the Hello Garci scandal. Noynoy on the other hand was on his way to his 60th day mark as the head of the state, yet he has done nothing good for the country but purely "KAPALPAKAN". Are you willing to suffer for the next following days/months/years with a person who has proven nothing during his career years on the legislative department, and now that he's in the executive branch and now the head of the state, he has done nothing as well but purely promises turned into sham programs.

Ilang kapalpakan pa ba ang bibilangin natin bago tayo umalma? Alam naman nating lahat na may topak yang tao na yan, pero iniluklok pa rin ng mga hindi nagiisip na Pilipino. (sorry for that)..

Mga kapalpakan:

1. He promised not to implement tax on tolls.. Even the author of the EVAT Law, Ralph Recto, said that tolls ( plus other means and ways of transportation) and other major necessities are not included on the implementation of it, yet this administration kept on insisting that it is A MUST!

2. Fare increase on MRT. MRT has been a big help for mass transportation on the Metro alone. Ang pagsasabsibidiya ng gobyerno sa Mass transportation ay katangap tangap hindi lang sa Pilipinas, ngunit pati na rin sa ibang bansa. Ang Japan, China, USA, India, france, Thailand, Malaysia ay nagsa-subsidize din pagdating sa Mass Transportation.

3. The sacking of Dr. Frisco Nilo of PAGASA.

4. 1st Executive Order.

5. Quirino Grandstand Hostage Crisis at marami pang iba.

Maghihintay pa ba kayo ng susunod na kapalpakan??

pag nag resign c ***** .. di papalit sa kanya c binay ....

wow instant president agad ......

An article on Manila Times by a good friend of mine: Buddy Cunanan

Hong Kong: I would like to express my deepest condolences to the families of the victims of the Quirino Grandstand hostage tragedy and apologize to the people of Hong Kong for that senseless debacle and the heart-rending loss of life. I also condemn the Aquino administration for its incompetence and its inept handling of the situation.

As I write this column from the Island Shangri-La Hotel in Central District, Hong Kong, thousands of locals are beginning to converge in Victoria Park to protest the Aquino administration’s bungling of the crisis.
    The rally, organized by political parties from across the spectrum, will start and end at popular gathering points for off-duty Filipina maids. Government officials, meanwhile, are calling for restraint amidst fears of racial tension, while rumors of a violent backlash are making many Filipino residents and tourists edgy.

Rage against President Noynoy Aquino has been rapidly escalating in the former Crown Colony, stoked by the local media, which has been playing up the story, without pause. For instance, on the Airport Express train to the city and later in my hotel room, I watched the news footage of the hostage crisis aired on TV, every 5 to 10 minutes.

The Hong Kong public’s reaction to Aquino’s mismanagement of the incident has been severe, to say the least. Newspaper editorials, letters from readers, television talk shows, and viewers’ call-in reactions have all been scathingly critical. I personally saw a group of people in Mong Kok watching Aquino’s press conference and cursing him in Chinese. “You Dog!” “You Swine!” were some of the invectives hurled. Also in Mong Kok, thousands of people signed a petition demanding a thorough investigation by the Aquino administration.

In a meeting with Hong Kong Chinese friends, I was profusely ashamed of the Philippine government’s stupidity. “It’s okay Buddy. We know you didn’t vote for that smiling guy,” said one of them, who had long been aware of my political sentiments.

The anger of the people of Hong Kong against Aquino is understandable. Several mistakes, mostly of the Aquino administration’s own doing, were widely played-up by the local media.

First, the live news coverage. Everyone in Hong Kong was glued to the TV during the hostage crisis and saw first-hand, the Aquino administration’s mismanagement of the situation.

Second, the call. Hong Kong Chief Executive Donald Tsang tried desperately to contact Aquino during the day of the hostage episode, to no avail. The matter was made worse by the Aquino administration’s ridiculous excuses about protocol and procedure. But what incensed people even more was Presidential Communications Secretary Herminio Coloma who said of Tsang’s call: “That is unbelievable because the President is accessible all the time.” So Aquino didn’t only botch the crisis, his people effectively even called the leader of Hong Kong a liar.

Third, the envoys. To express his deep sorrow to the people of Hong Kong, Aquino offered to send Vice President Binay and Foreign Affairs Secretary Romulo to the territory. Unfortunately, this was viewed by many locals as another slur by the Aquino administration. Given the gravity of the matter and the vital economic relations between the Philippines and Hong Kong, Aquino should have personally apologized to Tsang’s government and the families of the victims, not to send mere envoys.

Finally, the smile. This was perhaps Aquino’s worst PR screw-up. Most people were appalled by the way he kept smiling in the press conference immediately after the hostage-taking and during his inspection of the crime scene at Quirino Grandstand. At a time when both nations were in a state of mourning, Aquino’s jovial demeanor was callous and nauseating. “I felt like smashing the TV when I saw him smile and smile,” wrote a Hong Kong resident.

In his defense, Aquino said: “My smile might have been misunderstood. I have several expressions. I smile when I’m happy; I smile when I’m faced with an absurd situation when I cannot prevent my own emotions.” Personally, I was stunned by his explanation. In effect, the entire world heard the President of the Republic of the Philippines and the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces say that he has no control over his own feelings and reactions.

I didn’t campaign for Noynoy Aquino. Along with just a handful columnists like Belinda Cunanan, who was fired from the Philippine Daily Inquirer, Carmen Pedrosa of the Philippine Star, and Emil Jurado of Manila Standard, I tried to warn people about him. We said Aquino didn’t have the experience or preparation to be President. Unfortunately, many didn’t listen and we were pilloried by the Yellow Army and their media propagandists. Just two months into his administration, Aquino has failed the acid test of leadership and has been unmasked for what he really is—incapable of leading the nation.

neighborsnbn@gmail.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast