PEx Highlights

Calling All Travel Bloggers!

Wanna get featured in PEx-Travel? Share with us your travel blogs and have your entries promoted around PinoyExchange!

read more

FIBA FEATURE: Do We Stand a Chance?

Do we really have a shot to make it through? JPM weighs in on the the odds of Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA World Cup.

read more

Wake Me Up When You Show Me Your Teeths!

In this week's Show Me Your Teeths!, the ladies talk about the -ber months, the upcoming Bench Fashion Show and the Cosmo Bachelor Bash.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Giver

Very promising, but tries too hard to fit in the mold of the Hunger Games/Divergent series.

read more

PHOTOS: UE Keep Final Four Dream Alive

Despite not fielding in Roi Sumang, the UE Red Warriors managed to get a 64-55 win over the NU Bulldogs.

read more

Watch 'The Legend Ends' Trailer!

Check out the trailer of the final instalment of the Rurouni Kenshin series, 'The Legend Ends.'

read more

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Is it available at leading drugstores? How much?

ask ko din kung ano ang difference ng L-Glutathione sa Glutathione pareho lang ba silang pampa puti????

3. Jan 5, 2005, 06:38 PM

Banned by Admin
    magkano ba ? I wanna try it.

i dont think na super safe sya....there's this forum about gluthathione....maganda sya sa umpisa...pero mostly ng gumamit, nagkapimple sila...another thing is, once you stopped using it...hindi lang babalik sa dati ang kulay mo, kundi, mas iitim ka...
    I suggest na makuntento ka na lang sa skin color mo, as long as mukha kang malinis...cute ka pa rin nun

certified traveholic :p sentiments's Avatar
    glutathione is for the liver daw talaga?
    i read somewhere sa pex na his mom is using it for her liver, ang side effect daw nung gamot lang is puputi ka....

ayun....

hi. i am currently a medical student in washington university, st. louis. i just want to clarify some of the misconceptions about taking glutathione supplements.

yes, as what some of you have said, glutathione is found in large amounts in the liver. it helps the body get rid of toxins and is considered by a lot of recent scientific studies to be the most potent of all antioxidants (the reason of its rise in popularity). but the problem of taking glutathione orally is that it gets deactivated in the stomach so it really doesn't help raise the body's glutathione levels. if you want to increase your body's glutathione levels, you should eat foods that are high in cysteine (a precursor of glutathione) like onions and garlic. Cysteine is one of the major components needed by the liver to produce glutathione.

In short, what im tring to say is glutathione in the body CANNOT be increased by taking glutathione supplements. Eat foods with high cysteine content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by LessThanUseless
    hi. i am currently a medical student in washington university, st. louis. i just want to clarify some of the misconceptions about taking glutathione supplements.

yes, as what some of you have said, glutathione is found in large amounts in the liver. it helps the body get rid of toxins and is considered by a lot of recent scientific studies to be the most potent of all antioxidants (the reason of its rise in popularity). but the problem of taking glutathione orally is that it gets deactivated in the stomach so it really doesn't help raise the body's glutathione levels. if you want to increase your body's glutathione levels, you should eat foods that are high in cysteine (a precursor of glutathione) like onions and garlic. Cysteine is one of the major components needed by the liver to produce glutathione.

In short, what im tring to say is glutathione in the body CANNOT be increased by taking glutathione supplements. Eat foods with high cysteine content instead.
    Thanks doc! Your post is more than useless.

apparently, there are a lot of conflicting studies. im not a med student but i have been researching glutamine and glutathione for the last few days as i plan to use both for bodybuilding purposes. this particular article on the internet says that "80% of orally ingested glutathione is absorbed intact"

http://www.vrp.com/art/1181.asp

i checked the references he used for that particular statement in a medical journal and they are legit (fulltext of the articles aren't available online but they could be easily obtained with the help of your university librarians)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...t_uids=3172638

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...tool=iconabstr

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...ol=iconnoabstr

hi mozart. it's nice to know that you're doing your research before taking supplements. very few people do that

with regards to the articles that you mentioned, those studies were done on rats not humans. the statement that you quoted ("80% of orally ingested glutathione is absorbed intact") was pertaining to the "absorption of orally ingested glutathione by rats" -- quoted from the same article that you used (look at the text of figure 6).

as most studies suggest, oral glutathione is not as efficiently absorbed in humans as it is in rats. in fact, there was an experiment done on this by Witschi et. al. in the experiment, a single application of up to 3000 mg was given to seven healthy individuals (humans). the result of the experiment showed no increase in blood glutathione levels among all the subjects.

the reason why humans don't absorb glutathione as much as rats do is because unlike rats, humans have significant amount of enzyme (gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase) in their gi tract that breaks down glutathione.

hope this helps

hi mozart. it's nice to know that you're doing your research before taking supplements. very few people do that

with regards to the articles that you mentioned, those studies were done on rats not humans. the statement that you quoted ("80% of orally ingested glutathione is absorbed intact") was pertaining to the "absorption of orally ingested glutathione by rats" -- quoted from the same article that you used (look at the text of figure 6).

as most studies suggest, oral glutathione is not as efficiently absorbed in humans as it is in rats. in fact, there was an experiment done on this by Witschi et. al. in the experiment, a single application of up to 3000 mg was given to seven healthy individuals (humans). the result of the experiment showed no increase in blood glutathione levels among all the subjects.

the reason why humans don't absorb glutathione as much as rats do is because unlike rats, humans have significant amount of enzyme (gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase) in their gi tract that breaks down glutathione.

hope this helps
    yes it does. thanks for that.

Smile other than GLUTATHIONE, what are other ways to whiten skin?

other than glutathione, what are other ways to whiten skin? like for example, yung mga may prob sa thyroid & mga may low-blood pressure, di pwedeng gumamit nito.

share naman kayo ng mga effective ways...
    soaps, creams, pills/tablets/capsules, traditional methods, anything...

hindi ko pa natry pero many are talking about magic cream. effective daw yun. let's hear from others kung anong mga suggestions nila.

What is Glutathione?

pls. explain what it does to our body?

me 2 naguguluhan n dont know w/c is w/h.. haaaaaaay naku! safe ba bumili sa buy n sell ng glutha. ? n *** brand dami kce may japan n us n blablabla! so which is true ba n safe??

Ewan ko sa inyo. Sabi na nga ni doctor Ira na hindi pampaputi ang glutathione and at best is just an antioxidant food supplement, parang wala kayong nabasa. There is no scientific basis for the whitening claims on glutathione and you are just wasting your money on sellers who are just after quick profit.

cold blooded

Glutathione

is this safe and effective?

Orihime_chan
    I heard that it's effective but definitely you have to get a derma to consult first kasi may mga procedures kung ilang beses lang ang take mo sa isang araw...I read also sa magazine about a Met Tathione also the same whitens and has other benefits and BFAD approved din and can be puchased sa Watson's.

cold blooded
    actually, hindi naman for whitening ang gusto ko. kasi i read na nagdetoxify daw sya ng liver. so that's what i'm after. i'm just wondering kung safe ba sya talaga.

Orihime_chan
    isa lang ang solusyon dyan...check with your physician

21. Dec 15, 2005, 10:54 PM

mafia princess
    HBC. 39/capsule or tablet

23. Dec 16, 2005, 10:23 PM

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast