PEx Highlights

FEATURE: Expectations for Gilas 3.0

With Chot Reyes out of the picture and the Gilas program 'under review', JPM ponders on the possibilities that may happen in the new Gilas.

read more

Inflatable robot Baymax takes the spotlight!

In Disney's Big Hero 6, a plus-sized inflatable robot named Baymax makes a difference in the life of teen prodigy Hiro Hamada.

read more

PHOTOS: Aces Demolish Bolts

Alaska went on a demolition job against Meralco, defeating the Bolts by an embarrassing 41-point deficit, 105-64.

read more

PEx Halloween: Pinoy Horror Stories

Nakakita ka na ba ng aswang o multo? Nakaramdam ng masamang spirito at mga maligno? Kwento mo na dito!

read more

REVIEW: Beauty in a Bottle

Beauty in a Bottle is worth the look thanks to its witty and poignant script and terrific performances from its cast.

read more

PHOTOS: Purefoods Back to Winning Ways

Mark Barroca starred in a furious 2nd half comeback win against the GlobalPort, scoring 25 points for Purefoods.

read more

Page 1 of 34 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Question Civil Service Exam

paano kumuha at anong tinatanong?

The Civil Service Commission administers the Career Service Professional and Subprofessional exams in two ways:
    • PPT - Paper and Pencil Test
    • CAT - Computer Assisted Test

The next PPT tests are scheduled for 15 July and 14 October 2001. CATs are administered on a walk-in basis at any of the CSC's 14 regional offices. I suggest you consult the CSC website for details. The link is provided below.

http://www.csc.gov.ph/examinat.html

Arrow

i took the computer assisted test about 2years ago for professional. it's difficult and the questions ranged from math, vocabulary, science to goverment, history, etc. i think they covered almost all aspects. and the passing rate is low. among the 27 examinees who took the exam, only 5 passed including me (thank god!). don't worry though, co'z you can take the exam as many times as you want just pay the corresponding fee (P250, i think).

good luck!

if ur a UP grad and u graduated with honors, you're exempted from the Civil Service Exam

just get a certification from the Reg Office. The Civil Service office also has a copy of those who are exempted from taking the test

OT: Bostsip, talaga? pano kung ok ang gwa ko pero sumabit ako sa teknikal (nag-awol ako, e) kaya hindi ako naka-graduate with honors?

tanong ko rin sa reg...

guys

i will take an CAT test sa Civil Service kaya lang pwede nyo ba sabihin ang mga tanong na lalabas sa Exam para hindi na ako maguluhan sa rereviewing ko? May nabibili bang review booklet sa Civil Service CAT Test?

I took the CAT 3 years ago. Most people find it difficult but if you are a wide reader and can read and think quick, then you shouldn't have any problem.

It's really like taking a longer version of an IQ test. Most find the reading comprehension part the hardest. There's also math, vocabulary, abstract (if i remember correctly), etc.

Passing grade is 80%+ (can't remember the exact figure). Many fail on their first take (but I didn't - even got a 'pretty decent score)

Para lang IQ test ito. No need to review. Kaso nagtataka ako kung bakit ang scores ng mga tao eh di mataas? Hmmm....

Sa batch namin (PPT...wala pa noong CAT , 92 ang highest nationwide. Naka-89 ako. ^-^

Post cherub

question ko lang, pagna failed ka sa unang exam mo sa CAT...(lets say monday...the following day Tuesday...pwede ka na rin bang magEXAM uli)?....

Wink

AbStain

answered your mail. may question pa ko kung sa pex ka napa-search tuloy ako ng Civil Service na topic.

if there's a sked for the next day and an available spot, then you can take the exam immediately. just pay for the exam fee and get your permit.

may mga requirements na you should submit before you can take the exam. you need 2x2 pic & (not sure) birth certificate. tapos you will fill up a form.

Question civil service sub prof exam coputer assisted.

mahirap ba?? tips **** dyan..naka take na ba kyo ni2.. kc 1st time ko.. plz reply tnx

anong bang difference ng sub prof sa prof? kasi diba at least 18 ang pwede mag take ng prof?

well anyways, i took the prof exam last june and surprisingly, i passed! hehe!

okay lang naman yung test, medyo mahirap..i never thought i'd pass!

here's the scope of Examinations

The examinations will cover the following subject areas:

Career Service Professional - In English and Filipino: vocabulary, grammar and correct usage, paragraph organization, reading comprehension, analogy, logic, and numerical reasoning
    Career Service Subprofessional - In English and Filipino: vocabulary, grammar and correct usage, paragraph organization, reading comprehension, clerical operations, and numerical reasoning

Both professional and subprofessional levels of the examinations will have general information questions on the following areas:

Philippine Constitution, Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees (R.A. 6713), peace and human rights issues and concepts, and environment management and protection

To be considered eligible, an examinee must obtain a rating not lower than eighty percent (80%).

hope that helps!

I Love Clark Kent
    Ang Professional, you can be eligible for any Position or Office in the Government. Ang Sub-Professional, for Clerical and General Office Jobs. The difference sa exams naman, mas mahaba ang exams for the Professional Level. Also, ang Passing Score ng Professional is 85%. 80% ang Passing ng Sub-Professional. I already took the Professional Exam, and passed it.

Originally posted by LanaLang
    Ang Professional, you can be eligible for any Position or Office in the Government. Ang Sub-Professional, for Clerical and General Office Jobs. The difference sa exams naman, mas mahaba ang exams for the Professional Level. Also, ang Passing Score ng Professional is 85%. 80% ang Passing ng Sub-Professional. I already took the Professional Exam, and passed it.

Eh bat ako....82% lang....but still PASSED the Professional Civil Service Exam...

accurate ba yung passing rate??

alam ko 80% passing sa prof.

16. Advertisement

I Love Clark Kent
    Originally posted by kath001
    baka naman 85% dati?
    I took my Career Service Professional Examinations last June 17, 2003. I took it along with my 2 cousins and their friends. Yung isang pinsan ko got below 85% and did not pass. Ang sabi din sa amin nung proctor nung exam, passing score for Professional is 85%. Yung isa kong pinsan, sabit lang sa 85%.

weird! coz i only got 82.16 percent and it says in the paper that i passed. hmm..i don't know, can you please enlighten me?

oh, here's my "certificate of eligibility"

http://www.PageProducer.com/users/arkaye/civil.jpg

maybe i didn't pass after all, eh?

Originally posted by kath001
    weird! coz i only got 82.16 percent and it says in the paper that i passed. hmm..i don't know, can you please enlighten me?

oh, here's my "certificate of eligibility"

http://www.PageProducer.com/users/arkaye/civil.jpg

maybe i didn't pass after all, eh?
    Actually...you wouldn't be recieving this certificate if you were not passed....

yung kuya ko kasi....ang natanggap lang nya is a Telegram message 'REGRETTING' that he didn't pass the Exam...

I'll be taking the CAT Pro next month. Is it worth it to buy those civil service reviewers?

Page 1 of 34 1 2 11 ... LastLast