PEx Highlights

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 7

With wins over UST and DLSU, the past week in UAAP can be summed up in three letters: FEU. Check out this week's power rankings here!

read more

Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter!

Catch our latest updates on Twitter! Follow us, @pinoyexchange

read more

PHOTOS: UE Keep Final Four Dream Alive

Despite not fielding in Roi Sumang, the UE Red Warriors managed to get a 64-55 win over the NU Bulldogs.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Giver

Very promising, but tries too hard to fit in the mold of the Hunger Games/Divergent series.

read more

PHOTOS: Daquis Bags V-League MVP Plum

Wonder who won the other awards? Check out the Shakey's V-League Awarding gallery here!

read more

FIBA FEATURE: Do We Stand a Chance?

Do we really have a shot to make it through? JPM weighs in on the the odds of Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA World Cup.

read more

How does DLSU's ARTS-BUS program work?

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, and I'm sorry, but if anyone can help me that would be really lovely.

You see, I am a graduating high school student, and thus I should like to ask what any of you know about this. One of the schools I am considering applying in is La Salle, mostly because I saw the course AB in International Studies major in European Studies (AB-ISE). Underneath the list of Liberal Arts courses, I saw this, and I quote:

Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science (in any business degree program) or ARTS-BUS Program indicate intended majors from any of the AB major fields, combined with any of the following degree programs:
    BS in Accountancy (BSA)
    BS in Advertising Management (ADV)
    BS in Applied Corporate Management (APC)
    BS in Business Management (MGT)
    BS in Legal Management (LGL)
    BS in Management of Financial Institutions (FIN)
    BS in Marketing Management (MKT)
    One of my other choices is a BS in Accountancy, and so I would like to ask: is this what they call a double degree? How long will it take if I do choose - and pass in - a BS in Accountancy, AB in International Studies major in European Studies? How do I write a course code like like that in the online application form? How much will it cost?

(And if anyone else can help me with this, what's the difference between Computer Science and Information Technology? I like computers, and software, but I'm not too keen on the hardware so I'm not really sure...)

Merci!

"its hitting two birds w/ one stone"

We have the same question.

You pick one Liberal Arts course of your choice and one Business course of your choice.

I personally don't recommend taking this double degree program of La Salle. Matagal yan sobra and expensive. Aabot ka ng 5-6 years. It's not like you'll earn more than your single degree peers after graduation anyway.

Walang IT sa La Salle. The CS-IT program was long scrapped. Comsci lang at Info Sys.

Comsci is the very technical side of the IT field. You'll be studying programming, algorithms, operating systems and all other nitty gritty technical stuff.

Info sys is part IT part business. You will take a few programming subjects but most of the time will be spent on studying business processes and how to integrate an IT system for it.