PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: TNT Dismantle NLEX to Get First Win

The Talk N Text Tropang Texters made quick work of the NLEX Road Warriors, getting their first win of the Phillipine Cup, 103-81.

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Rallies Past Blackwater

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters avoided an upset loss to the Blackwater Elite thanks to a late rally in the 4th quarter, 82-75.

read more

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1975.

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

How does DLSU's ARTS-BUS program work?

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, and I'm sorry, but if anyone can help me that would be really lovely.

You see, I am a graduating high school student, and thus I should like to ask what any of you know about this. One of the schools I am considering applying in is La Salle, mostly because I saw the course AB in International Studies major in European Studies (AB-ISE). Underneath the list of Liberal Arts courses, I saw this, and I quote:

Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science (in any business degree program) or ARTS-BUS Program indicate intended majors from any of the AB major fields, combined with any of the following degree programs:
    BS in Accountancy (BSA)
    BS in Advertising Management (ADV)
    BS in Applied Corporate Management (APC)
    BS in Business Management (MGT)
    BS in Legal Management (LGL)
    BS in Management of Financial Institutions (FIN)
    BS in Marketing Management (MKT)
    One of my other choices is a BS in Accountancy, and so I would like to ask: is this what they call a double degree? How long will it take if I do choose - and pass in - a BS in Accountancy, AB in International Studies major in European Studies? How do I write a course code like like that in the online application form? How much will it cost?

(And if anyone else can help me with this, what's the difference between Computer Science and Information Technology? I like computers, and software, but I'm not too keen on the hardware so I'm not really sure...)

Merci!

"its hitting two birds w/ one stone"

We have the same question.

You pick one Liberal Arts course of your choice and one Business course of your choice.

I personally don't recommend taking this double degree program of La Salle. Matagal yan sobra and expensive. Aabot ka ng 5-6 years. It's not like you'll earn more than your single degree peers after graduation anyway.

Walang IT sa La Salle. The CS-IT program was long scrapped. Comsci lang at Info Sys.

Comsci is the very technical side of the IT field. You'll be studying programming, algorithms, operating systems and all other nitty gritty technical stuff.

Info sys is part IT part business. You will take a few programming subjects but most of the time will be spent on studying business processes and how to integrate an IT system for it.