PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: PLDT Repulses NU

The PLDT Turbo Boosters pulled away with a tough 25-16, 25-23, 24-26, 25-19 victory over the gritty NU Lady Bulldogs.

read more

What's Wrong With the Green Archers?

After being penned the favorites of UAAP Season 77, the DLSU Green Archers are off to a slow opening in the season, now at 0-2.

read more

#NoLastHomeStand After All

Filipino basketball fans let down by PLDT All-Star Charity Event, labeled as, 'Gilas Last Home Stand' after last-minute cancellations.

read more

Top Celebrity Loveteams!

Check out which loveteams dropped and which ones came out on top this week!

read more

15peakMyMind: Your song for PinoyExchange

If PinoyExchange will have a theme song for our 15th anniversary, what will it be and why?

read more

PHOTOS: DLSU Notches First Win

Jason Perkins drained big baskets in the clutch to help DLSU escape NU 57-55 and notch their first win in the UAAP Season 77.

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Rectal/Anal Check During Pre-Employment Medical Exam

Hello everyone, PEx newbie here!

I understand that rectal/anal check is usually part of pre-employment medical examinations. But I'm optimistic that there must be exceptions. You see, I'm big on personal privacy and I'm not just uncomfortable with these "pants-down" practices - I find them violating and downright unacceptable. I'm certain that my personal stand on this matter would come as disagreeable to many here, but I don't mean to spark debates or breed conflicts or anything. I just need to get ideas.

Would anyone recommend a call/contact center whose affiliate medical company doesn't require this in their examination procedure?

Or would anyone here know of any call/contact center who lets new-hires get their medical exams wherever they please? Stellar Global some years ago operated this way, but unfortunately, I couldn't grab their offer then as I had something better going for me abroad.

I look forward to your thoughts, suggestions and recommendations. Thanks and more power to this forum!

Just say no to the doctor. Tell him you don't want a rectal check and he'll just sign your med form that you didn't consent. You always have the right to not undergo a certain procedure for whatever reason you have.

Just remember that this may or may not affect your employment. I personally know some people who didn't consent to this procedure as well and they were still hired.

Yah, I don't think it will be a big issue if you have any rectal problems in doing your work as an agent. They should concentrate on communicable diseases e.g TB, AIDS

But, it's a routine just like any other pre employment medical exam. We have no choice. =)

since you mentioned "we have no choice" eh di nagparectal ka nga pwede mo naman sabihin kay doc na "no", E n got !

Quote Originally Posted by Lochia View Post
    Yah, I don't think it will be a big issue if you have any rectal problems in doing your work as an agent. They should concentrate on communicable diseases e.g TB, AIDS

But, it's a routine just like any other pre employment medical exam. We have no choice. =)

do u feel violated if u undergo a rectal examination or are you hiding
    something? there's nothing personal about it because the doctors are just doing their job unless you give some malice, they are very professional.

besides, if u have almoranas that will prevent u from coming to work,
    then it will affect not just your performance but the team or the call
    center itself then they have the prerogative to terminate u because of
    attendance issues because for some call centers even if its health related they would always find a way to terminate u if it involves attendance because that is their bread and butter..so even if just one manpower is missing that is already a cost incurred by the call center.

well it sucks, honestly. conservative kasi ako eh. char. haha

buti nalang sa ACS hindi ka gaganunin. paghuhubarin ka lang betterer!

i believe its not the absences that you might commit, but by the expenses the company might shell out when you decide to have your almoranas taken out or operated on.

kailangan ma-establish when did you have the almoranas, before entering the company or during your employment. kasi kung before, di nila sasagutin yung gastos.

like sa previous company na napasukan ko, almoranas is a ground para di ka pumasa sa medical exam, pero pwedeng i-waive, yun nga lang kung ipapa-opera mo almoranas mo, sariling gastos mo, wala kang makukuhang medical benifit sa pag papa-opera ng pw3t

Quote Originally Posted by tesitiam View Post
    Just say no to the doctor. Tell him you don't want a rectal check and he'll just sign your med form that you didn't consent. You always have the right to not undergo a certain procedure for whatever reason you have.

Just remember that this may or may not affect your employment. I personally know some people who didn't consent to this procedure as well and they were still hired.
    Thanks, tesitiam. I'll go look into that option.

Quote Originally Posted by spidermanila View Post
    do u feel violated if u undergo a rectal examination or are you hiding
    something? there's nothing personal about it because the doctors are just doing their job unless you give some malice, they are very professional.

besides, if u have almoranas that will prevent u from coming to work,
    then it will affect not just your performance but the team or the call
    center itself then they have the prerogative to terminate u because of
    attendance issues because for some call centers even if its health related they would always find a way to terminate u if it involves attendance because that is their bread and butter..so even if just one manpower is missing that is already a cost incurred by the call center.
    Hello, spidermanila. You conveyed your point pretty well. But your train of thought went redlining there for a moment. You didn't have to make assumptions in the first place had you gone over my original post really closely. Go ahead, feel free to read again.

And to put your wired thoughts to rest...

...Hemorrhoids - NO.

...Malice - NO.

Peace out!

I agree with tesitiam. It is your right to say no with regards to the pre-medical exam but please be reminded that the clinic will still report this that you had this waived. Nevertheless, I had co-employees still hired even if they refused the rectal exam.

Quote Originally Posted by wei-fung View Post
    I agree with tesitiam. It is your right to say no with regards to the pre-medical exam but please be reminded that the clinic will still report this that you had this waived. Nevertheless, I had co-employees still hired even if they refused the rectal exam.
    Thanks for the morale-boosting post, wei-fung.

Former Planeswalker Mage_Teferi's Avatar
    alam ko hindi mandatory yung exam na yun eh..first time i had it..i really felt violated..even if the doctor was a female..then my colleague told me na optional you and you can say no..napa headsmack ako..from then on..even after changing call centers..i still say no to the rectal exam part..

Part of the rectal exam is inspection of the area. You'd be surprised to hear that quite a number have anal warts. It's an STD.

Pero madami din ang may perianal fistula/ abscess which is largely asymptomatic. Pero it may need an operation later on.

guys,i just wanna know kung meron kayong alm na call center company na di masyado mahigpit sa medical...may frnd kc ko na hepa b reactive and gusto nya itry sa call center industry..gusto nya *** nmn mgktrbho and i think he's good enough when it comes to english fluency.....tinanong ko *** *** di masayang time nya,kc kung makapasa nga sya,then babagsak *** nmn pgdting sa medical,.nakakaawa nmn,db?.....thanks in advnce.....

Quote Originally Posted by unblessed_dhie View Post
    guys,i just wanna know kung meron kayong alm na call center company na di masyado mahigpit sa medical...may frnd kc ko na hepa b reactive and gusto nya itry sa call center industry..gusto nya *** nmn mgktrbho and i think he's good enough when it comes to english fluency.....tinanong ko *** *** di masayang time nya,kc kung makapasa nga sya,then babagsak *** nmn pgdting sa medical,.nakakaawa nmn,db?.....thanks in advnce.....
    sent you a PM. sa PM ko na lang sinabi, baka baguhin kasi ng company yung pamamalakad nila about medical pag nabasa dito

I also have the same problem, I'm hepa b reactive din, na-diagnose lang when I got pregnant. I've been in the call center industry for 3 years but nag stop ako mag work last year nung nagbuntis ako. I just gave birth 2 months ago and I'm planning to work again sa call center pero worried ako sa medical baka maging ground yun para di ako matanggap. May mga companies kaya na di talaga tumatanggap ng mga hepa b reactive applicants. Please give me information about this.
    TIA

how bout having a tattoo? will you have a less chance of getting hired?

pants down lang ba sa medical exam, hindi full-naked?

@ saisai21

About sa Question mo kung may tatanggap dahil sa sakit mo eh siguro pag sinabi mo malamang hindi ka nila tanggapin at isuggest nila na mag take ka muna ng medication at kumuha ka ng clearance from your doctor na fit to work ka na. Mas maganda yun kesa makahawa ka pa ng iba.

At karamihan sa mga call center may Physical Check Up talaga. Mga malalaki company eh mahigpit talaga pero if you really need a Job doon ka sa maluluwag na company. Pero wag ka umasa maganda ang health benefits or medical coverage nila.

@ steelbody kahit madami ka pang tattoo as long as you pass their pre-employment test at capable ka sa work eh why not hindi ka nila ihahire.. =)

madami nga ako kakilala eh ang daming tattoo sa katawan pero natatanggap naman.

[QUOTE=go_on_avail;47568582]@ saisai21

About sa Question mo kung may tatanggap dahil sa sakit mo eh siguro pag sinabi mo malamang hindi ka nila tanggapin at isuggest nila na mag take ka muna ng medication at kumuha ka ng clearance from your doctor na fit to work ka na. Mas maganda yun kesa makahawa ka pa ng iba.

At karamihan sa mga call center may Physical Check Up talaga. Mga malalaki company eh mahigpit talaga pero if you really need a Job doon ka sa maluluwag na company. Pero wag ka umasa maganda ang health benefits or medical coverage nila.[/QUO

Ang ibig kong sabihin part ba ng medical sa call center ang hepa b screening, kasi di ko na ito matandaan sa mga past call center jobs ko. Kaya kahit hindi mo sabihin sa kanila kung part naman iyon ng medical malalaman pa din nila di ba? I want to know kung ground ba iyon para di ka nila tanggapin. Maybe you are not really familiar about hepa b, hindi lahat ng reactve/positive ay kailangan ng medication, mas marami pa sa mga postive ang hindi nirerequire na magpagamot kailangan lang imonitor palagi ang liver. Marami nga sa atin hindi alam na meron nito dahil walang sintomas unless kung malala na at papunta na sa liver cancer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast