PEx Highlights

FEATURE: Top UAAP Stories in 2014

We take a look back to reflect and celebrate the best stories in the UAAP that happened in the past year.

read more

Where are you staying this Holiday Season?

Join the Call Center promo and get a chance to win Pizza Inc Gift Certificates!

read more

PEx Christmas: The PBA Christmas Wishlist

'tis the season of gifts and wishlists! JPM plays Santa's consultant and lists down the best Christmas gift for each PBA team.

read more

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

The results are finally here! Find out who won the hearts of the PinoyExchange community in The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards!

read more

Show Me Your Festival Teeths!

In this special comeback episode of SMYT, the girls poke fun at the participating films in the upcoming Metro Manila Film Festival.

read more

GALLERY: PBA Philippine Cup Semifinals

Check out photos from each game of the PBA Philippine Cup Semis here!

read more

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by masy89 View Post
    @senyaless That's awesome! How long did it take to receive the I-20 though?

I'm thinking of entering the Winter semester. The application start date is still on August 1...so yeah, I still got some time XD

Anyway, I hope your interview goes well...it'll be great to see how it goes. That's really a concern of mine. I've read that some people got denied (F1 visa) despite having the I-20...
    about 2 weeks ata for the i-20. That's also what i am worrying about, na baka ma deny. sayang yung binayad for the sevis na $200 and yung sa interview. what university ba aaplyan mo?

@senyaless I'm applying for community colleges first...then I'm transferring to Uni.s....Am sending applications to Green River Community College, Pierce College, Tacoma Community College (multiple apps just in case I don't get in one). And then, if I could finish...I'd want to transfer to either UW, WSU, or U of Puget Sound.

All of them are within WA state (since my Aunt lives there) and therefore lessens my expenses. 'Room and Board' is one of those that makes studying in the US so expensive...so yeah, those are the plans

You?

@senyaless I'm applying for community colleges first...then I'm transferring to Uni.s....Am sending applications to Green River Community College, Pierce College, Tacoma Community College (multiple apps just in case I don't get in one). And then, if I could finish...I'd want to transfer to either UW, WSU, or U of Puget Sound.

All of them are within WA state (since my Aunt lives there) and therefore lessens my expenses. 'Room and Board' is one of those that makes studying in the US so expensive...so yeah, those are the plans

You?
    Very same with you. Already got in at a community college in sacramento, california kase malapit din sa bahay ng aunt and grandma ko. then i am planning to transfer to UC davis or SSU. Problem natin is if ma coconvince yung consul na babalik tayo , one reason is we're both RN;s already. (

Quote Originally Posted by senyaless View Post
    Very same with you. Already got in at a community college in sacramento, california kase malapit din sa bahay ng aunt and grandma ko. then i am planning to transfer to UC davis or SSU. Problem natin is if ma coconvince yung consul na babalik tayo , one reason is we're both RN;s already. (
    That's the problem...if we can convince the VO then we should be fine. I do intend on coming back though...I just hope my VO would see that come interview time.

That's the problem...if we can convince the VO then we should be fine. I do intend on coming back though...I just hope my VO would see that come interview time.
    yeah. Sana us being unemployed since graduating would bear weight na we dont really have plans of practicing our profession. hey, are u a guy or a girl?:P

hello

im here in the us on a b2 visa. gusto ho sana magaral dito, high school palang, junior. ano ho ba mas magandang gawin? bumalik sa pinas para magpachange visa or dito na lang ho?

I have a question,

Uhm, is it okay to apply for a student visa to study Master's degree if i have a relative preferably a sibling in the U.S? (Also a green card holder)

Needed bang sabihin yun sa consul kahit di ako tatanungin?

i have a us tourist visa holder valid for 10-yr multiple entry din.

Thank you po.

haine, I was granted a student visa in 2005. I'm not sure if the forms have changed but I remember that there is a specific question about having relatives in the US and their immigration status.

During the interview, natanong lang sa akin yung tungkol sa sister ko na nasa US dahil sa nagbayad ako ng SEVIS fee through Western Union. The consul asked why I didn't ask my sister to pay the fee for me so my feeling then hindi naman niya inisip na point against me ang pagkakaroon ng sister na GC holder sa US.

9. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by leland View Post
    haine, I was granted a student visa in 2005. I'm not sure if the forms have changed but I remember that there is a specific question about having relatives in the US and their immigration status.

During the interview, natanong lang sa akin yung tungkol sa sister ko na nasa US dahil sa nagbayad ako ng SEVIS fee through Western Union. The consul asked why I didn't ask my sister to pay the fee for me so my feeling then hindi naman niya inisip na point against me ang pagkakaroon ng sister na GC holder sa US.
    Oooh okay, akala ko kasi baka ma-deny ako kapag nalaman nilang may kapatid ako dun lalo na GC holder. Thank you for answering my question. Cheers!

tinanong pa ba kung magkano laman sa bank accounts tas sinusweldo ng dad mo?

My US F1 visa expired this month (August 31, 2011). When I visited the US last June 2011, the immigration officer in Detroit invalidated my F1 visa, tapos na raw kasi ako mag-aral. Haaaayyy...sarap mag-aral sa USA kumpara dito sa Pinas sa totoo lang. Don, your professors will help you dito pahirapan ka.

I am glad I still have my B1/B2 visa valid until 2018. I still can come and go the USA for the next 7 years

Hola amigos,

I came here to ask if there's such a university or college in the USA that would require the least financially-related concern with the aids and all that good stuff? I've seen posts kasi about GETTING IN a university as though na walang kahirap-hirap (which gave me radiant ray of hope lol), then when I lay eyes on the, indispensably, amount/tuition fee and the show-money required/presented, I felt disheartened </3 I'm on my 2nd year overrated-medically-inclined field and It feels rather pointless to further spend time, and efforts on a, if not obscure, socioeconomically-sketchy future. I need to exhaust my options, reassure myself, and venture on something genuinely long-term lucrative sooner or later...

Please advise.

On a lighter note, can anyone tell me of the eligibility requirements ng dream search international?...or any agency able to provide me with more than just friggin assessment and orientation for this matter?

TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pottermore View Post
    Hola amigos,

I came here to ask if there's such a university or college in the USA that would require the least financially-related concern with the aids and all that good stuff? I've seen posts kasi about GETTING IN a university as though na walang kahirap-hirap (which gave me radiant ray of hope lol), then when I lay eyes on the, indispensably, amount/tuition fee and the show-money required/presented, I felt disheartened </3 I'm on my 2nd year overrated-medically-inclined field and It feels rather pointless to further spend time, and efforts on a, if not obscure, socioeconomically-sketchy future. I need to exhaust my options, reassure myself, and venture on something genuinely long-term lucrative sooner or later...

Please advise.

On a lighter note, can anyone tell me of the eligibility requirements ng dream search international?...or any agency able to provide me with more than just friggin assessment and orientation for this matter?

TIA.
    @Pottermore

Community colleges are more likely cheaper than universities but I think they only offer Associate Degrees and certificates (1-2 years)...not entirely sure about that though (maybe some do offer Bachelor's Degrees).

But if you really want to study at a University...try applying for a scholarship. Some of the schools have scholarships available to international students.

And I don't think you need to apply to any agency though...they pretty much give you the same information/forms that can be found on the school's website. My advise would be to really read through the pages of each school's site, contact the International Student Advisers (or any similar contacts) of the school and go on from there.

guys, im applying for a student visa next year, pag medyo nakapag ipon na ako..pero ask ko lang...MAY CHANCE BA MA-APPROVE YUNG STUDENT VISA KO pag may nakita sila na may pending F2B petition ako? ANG TAGAL PA KASI BAGO MAG CURRENT EH.

Quote Originally Posted by winterskies View Post
    guys, im applying for a student visa next year, pag medyo nakapag ipon na ako..pero ask ko lang...MAY CHANCE BA MA-APPROVE YUNG STUDENT VISA KO pag may nakita sila na may pending F2B petition ako? ANG TAGAL PA KASI BAGO MAG CURRENT EH.
    If my memory serves me right, pending F2B petition is a big 'turn-off'.

@masy89 - I appreciate the long post! Decent infos right there

meron na kong I- 20, so ano ho next step? kasi kung magpapatulong pa *** sa agency, 15k na naman babayaran sa visa assistance. kaya dito na lang ako magtatanong. thanks sa makakasagot

Quote Originally Posted by mhaica View Post
    meron na kong I- 20, so ano ho next step? kasi kung magpapatulong pa *** sa agency, 15k na naman babayaran sa visa assistance. kaya dito na lang ako magtatanong. thanks sa makakasagot
    I think the next step would be to schedule an appearance at the US embassy (I think you can do this online)...granted that you have all your papers and documents ready. Especially bank statements (yours and/or your sponsors').

I think the next step would be to schedule an appearance at the US embassy (I think you can do this online)...granted that you have all your papers and documents ready. Especially bank statements (yours and/or your sponsors').
    salamat po. last question, sa kabuuan, ilang months prinocess at hinintay tong student visa?

salamat po. last question, sa kabuuan, ilang months prinocess at hinintay tong student visa?
    Within a week prior to approval if my memory serves me right

Check out these links:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhni10.html

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhniv1.html

After that, prepare all the supporting documents that you will bring to the interview:

1) Passport - make sure it is NOT expired and valid for at least 6 months prior to interview at the embassy.

2) Diplomas & other documents which you submitted to gain admission to the US educational institution of your choice - bring all ORIGINALS.

3) Financial documents of you or your sponsor - bank statements, ITR's, land titles, etc.

Lastly, prepare for the interview so that your confidence level will high when you face the visa officer. This way, you can convice him 100% that all you want to do is study in the USA, not live or work there.

Good luck.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast