PEx Highlights

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1975.

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

PHOTOS: TNT Dismantle NLEX to Get First Win

The Talk N Text Tropang Texters made quick work of the NLEX Road Warriors, getting their first win of the Phillipine Cup, 103-81.

read more

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Rallies Past Blackwater

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters avoided an upset loss to the Blackwater Elite thanks to a late rally in the 4th quarter, 82-75.

read more

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 ... LastLast

shuck-face piece of klunk mykel14's Avatar
    Sorry if it is posted here already. Saw this just now.

Puros kayo Captain America at Thor, wala ba nagwapuhan dun sa snazzy getup ni Loki sa Germany?

(not gay)

Si Capt. America, Black Widow and Hawkeye mga Class B superheroes.

Capt. America - so you can run and block alien fire with your shield...woooh!

Black Widow - thanks to Glock, you became a superhero.

Hawkeye - you should've brought more arrows against an army of aliens. Or get a Glock.

just watched it... laughtrip!!! as a marvel fan i'd give it a 10!
    astig yung costume ni captain and iron man...

nga pala sa comics di ba infinity wars yung nandun si thanos? or kay galactus ba yung infinity wars na yun? di ko na kasi matandaan eh nakikibasa lang ako nun sa mga classmates ko hehe..

isa pa... madami pang kulang sa avengers like vision, black panther, silver surfer, (mayron pa yung magician kalaban ni mandarin) etc... nakalimutan ko na yung iba eh... sana magdagdag sila

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemonaeon View Post
    Puros kayo Captain America at Thor, wala ba nagwapuhan dun sa snazzy getup ni Loki sa Germany?

(not gay)
    You are not alone, my dear

And looks like they were able to eat that shawarma after all

‘Avengers’ star Tom Hiddleston told Chris Hemsworth to really hit him

Chris Hemsworth stands 6'3" tall, and he put on 20 pounds of muscle to play Marvel Comics' hero, Thor. He is equally adept at swinging his fists as he is a mythical hammer. So who in the world would actually volunteer to be punched by him?

Tom Hiddleston, his costar in "Marvel's The Avengers," is who. Hiddleston reprises the role of Loki -- first seen in last year's "Thor" -- the adopted brother of the god of thunder with an apocalyptic case of sibling rivalry. Loki assembles an army to conquer the planet, and it will take the combined strength of Earth's mightiest heroes to stop him.

Naturally, the climactic battle for the planet culminates in Thor and Loki coming to blows, and when I sat down to talk to Hiddleston, he explained that the hits you see on screen were real. Hiddleston said that when they were shooting the fight scene, "Joss [Whedon, the director] came over and said, 'Guys, I'm just not really buying it. You need to sell it more. You either need to hit each other harder or you need to react bigger.'" As they readied for the next take, Hiddleston took a moment to confer with Hemsworth. "I said to Chris, 'Dude, just hit me. Just hit me because I'm protected here and it's fine.' He's like, 'Are you sure?' I was like, 'Yeah, it will look great. Just go for it.'" Cameras then started to roll, and Hiddleston said, "[Chris] really went for it and he's just pummeling me in the chest and elbowing me in the face and Joss came back after that take and went, 'We got it. It's great.'"

I asked Hemsworth about his reaction to actually hitting his costar. Hemsworth chuckled and recalled there was a moment when Hiddleston doubled over a bit when a body blow connected. He told me, "I turned to the crew and I said, 'He told me to do that! You all heard that.'"

Hiddleston did have a certain amount of protection from his elaborate costume, which weighed 30 pounds. But Hiddleston said the additional weight -- including another seven pounds for his horned helmet -- made it a real challenge to perform the fight scenes, especially in the heat of New Mexico where they shot most of the movie. Still, Hiddleston told me he had good time throwing down against a superhero. He said, "It's fun. I love shooting action because your brain switches off. You enter almost a Zen-like state where you're just infusing choreography with emotion. It's like a dance."

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...214048580.html

Quote Originally Posted by princessvogue View Post
    You are not alone, my dear

And looks like they were able to eat that shawarma after all

https://p.twimg.com/Ar5io9BCAAM__Jp.jpg
    Kaya pala ang haba ng pila sa Turk's Shawarma sa MOA bago kami nanood ng Avengers. Looks like they benefited from subliminal advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by foxhound_23 View Post
    nga pala sa comics di ba infinity wars yung nandun si thanos? or kay galactus ba yung infinity wars na yun? di ko na kasi matandaan eh nakikibasa lang ako nun sa mga classmates ko hehe..
    Nasa Infinity War si Thanos pero kakampi siya nang good guys dun (long story); after yan nung Infinity Gauntlet.

Malamang yung first few appearances ni Thanos ang gagawin nila dito yung nakabangga niya Avengers in pursuit of the Cosmic Cube/Tesseract. Masyado kasi malawak yung Infinity Gauntlet for a movie pero meron naman sila film rights siguro sa mga importanteng characters like Adam Warlock, Dr. Doom, Quasar at mga cosmic beings.

Quote Originally Posted by princessvogue View Post
    ‘Avengers’ star Tom Hiddleston told Chris Hemsworth to really hit him

Chris Hemsworth stands 6'3" tall, and he put on 20 pounds of muscle to play Marvel Comics' hero, Thor. He is equally adept at swinging his fists as he is a mythical hammer. So who in the world would actually volunteer to be punched by him?

Tom Hiddleston, his costar in "Marvel's The Avengers," is who. Hiddleston reprises the role of Loki -- first seen in last year's "Thor" -- the adopted brother of the god of thunder with an apocalyptic case of sibling rivalry. Loki assembles an army to conquer the planet, and it will take the combined strength of Earth's mightiest heroes to stop him.

Naturally, the climactic battle for the planet culminates in Thor and Loki coming to blows, and when I sat down to talk to Hiddleston, he explained that the hits you see on screen were real. Hiddleston said that when they were shooting the fight scene, "Joss [Whedon, the director] came over and said, 'Guys, I'm just not really buying it. You need to sell it more. You either need to hit each other harder or you need to react bigger.'" As they readied for the next take, Hiddleston took a moment to confer with Hemsworth. "I said to Chris, 'Dude, just hit me. Just hit me because I'm protected here and it's fine.' He's like, 'Are you sure?' I was like, 'Yeah, it will look great. Just go for it.'" Cameras then started to roll, and Hiddleston said, "[Chris] really went for it and he's just pummeling me in the chest and elbowing me in the face and Joss came back after that take and went, 'We got it. It's great.'"

I asked Hemsworth about his reaction to actually hitting his costar. Hemsworth chuckled and recalled there was a moment when Hiddleston doubled over a bit when a body blow connected. He told me, "I turned to the crew and I said, 'He told me to do that! You all heard that.'"

Hiddleston did have a certain amount of protection from his elaborate costume, which weighed 30 pounds. But Hiddleston said the additional weight -- including another seven pounds for his horned helmet -- made it a real challenge to perform the fight scenes, especially in the heat of New Mexico where they shot most of the movie. Still, Hiddleston told me he had good time throwing down against a superhero. He said, "It's fun. I love shooting action because your brain switches off. You enter almost a Zen-like state where you're just infusing choreography with emotion. It's like a dance."

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...214048580.html
    Yun naman pala. Nag-ala-JackyChan na din si Loki. Alang peke-peke!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemonaeon View Post

(not gay)
    i liked it except for the scarf

Oh me papalag pa ba dito?

I dunno if this has already been posted here, but here's a snapshot of the Avengers' conversations on Facebook.

Facebook timeline

Saw it last night. Ganda. Good job Joss Whedon.

Love The Avengers ang sarap ulit-ulitin..
    Didnt expect that I would enjoy it that much...
    Pinakakwela si Hulk tapos yung banat ni Thor na "he's adopted" LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaede Rukawa View Post
    'Avengers' on track to become biggest film in PH

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sites/def...2_avengers.jpg

In just five days, “The Avengers” has become the highest grossing film in the country this year.

According to the latest data from Box Office Mojo released on Wednesday, the superhero movie earned an estimated $6,580,876 or around P277.38 million from April 25 to 29.

This is a little lower than the estimated P281-million opening gross nationwide given by Victor R. Cabrera, managing director of Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Philippines.

“It’s practically a box office tsunami that has so far drowned, wiped out and rewritten every local record in its first five days of play,” Cabrera said in a statement.

Prior to “The Avengers,” this year’s biggest box office hit has been Star Cinema’s “Unofficially Yours.” The John Lloyd Cruz-Angel Locsin romantic comedy grossed $3,704,457 or roughly P156 million during its run.

According to Cabrera, “The Avengers” now holds the record for highest opening weekend, previously set by “Spider-Man 3” which opened with P236 million over six days in 2007. “Spider-Man 3” eventually grossed $9,142,143 or roughly P385.3 million.

With the big opening of “The Avengers,” it is on track to become the highest grossing film of all time in the country – a distinction that currently belongs to “Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon,” which made $9,770,818 or P411.8 million when it was released last year.

Other records set by “The Avengers,” according to Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Philippines, are:

* Biggest Wednesday Ever: P56.6 million, breaking the record of “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse” at P55.4 million.

* Biggest Thursday Ever: P44.1 million, smashing the record of “Spider-Man 3” of P28.4 million.

* Biggest Friday Ever: P45.3 million, outgrossing “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1” which made P44.1 million.

* Biggest Saturday Ever: P66.4 million, breaking the record of “Transformers: Dark of the Moon” at P60.8 million.

* Biggest Sunday Ever: P68.5 million, outperforming “Transformers: Dark of the Moon” which made P60.8 million.

Sunday’s receipts for “The Avengers” also now holds the distinction of the all-time biggest single-day gross in the country, the company said.

Other milestones achieved were fastest time to cross the P100-million mark (in only two days) and the P200-million mark (four days), it added.

According to Box Office Mojo, “The Avengers” is playing in 479 screens.

Walt Disney said the movie posted its biggest sales at SM City North EDSA, SM Mall of Asia, SM Megamall, Trinoma, SM Cebu, Glorietta 4, SM Southmall, Newport City and SM Fairview.

Big abroad

“The Avengers,” which has yet to open in the United States, stormed into overseas theaters with record-breaking sales, hauling in a massive $178.4 million since Wednesday from theaters in 39 international markets, Walt Disney Co. said.

The 3D film from Disney's Marvel studio set opening-weekend records in 12 territories including Mexico and Brazil and opening-day records in four countries.

“The Avengers” reaches North American (U.S. and Canadian) theaters on Friday to kick off the summer movie season.

Box office forecasters predict super-sized sales that will rival this year's record set by teen death match drama "The Hunger Games," a blockbuster that debuted in March with $152.5 million domestically.

OMG!!! 10 records!!

this weekend palang ako manonood..

Quote Originally Posted by JobyBryant24 View Post
    Oh me papalag pa ba dito?

boobs na lang ang kulang (Black Widow)

credit to 411mania

Non-Member
    super pogi ni Loki, kahit siya ang bad man dito, siya ang pina ka pogi ano beh

inantok ako sa start at sa mga discussions scenes, nabuhay na lang ulit nung ma aksyon na.

laughtrip mga dialogue nila dito lalo na si Iron man

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 ... LastLast