PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: Purefoods Back to Winning Ways

Mark Barroca starred in a furious 2nd half comeback win against the GlobalPort, scoring 25 points for Purefoods.

read more

REVIEW: Beauty in a Bottle

Beauty in a Bottle is worth the look thanks to its witty and poignant script and terrific performances from its cast.

read more

FEATURE: Expectations for Gilas 3.0

With Chot Reyes out of the picture and the Gilas program 'under review', JPM ponders on the possibilities that may happen in the new Gilas.

read more

PHOTOS: Aces Demolish Bolts

Alaska went on a demolition job against Meralco, defeating the Bolts by an embarrassing 41-point deficit, 105-64.

read more

Inflatable robot Baymax takes the spotlight!

In Disney's Big Hero 6, a plus-sized inflatable robot named Baymax makes a difference in the life of teen prodigy Hiro Hamada.

read more

PEx Halloween: Pinoy Horror Stories

Nakakita ka na ba ng aswang o multo? Nakaramdam ng masamang spirito at mga maligno? Kwento mo na dito!

read more

Page 1 of 251 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Steward/Stewardess/Flight Attendant Thread IV

Continuation of THREAD III.

I don't know what PR means.

OD = Open Day Recruitment

PR diba po ang airline code for PAL? Am I right?

Yay!! New thread!!

See you in ODs!

Qatar Airways OD in Cebu (July 18)

Last weekend's Qatar Airways OD in Cebu was a great experience even though I was not even included in the shortlisted candidates. It was my first time applying for cabin crew, but however, it was heartbreaking.

I was so confident to be shortlisted because the HR (i think) of Qatar Airways was impressed on my cover letter and CV (cover letter was not required but I had. Also, I have all the prescribed requirements). But to my dismay, I was not included.

Until now, I don't know what are the reasons. I'm 5' 9" and have a normal body build and weight. Maybe because of my big mole above my upper right cheek? I have read and my friends told me that moles are a factor as well as scars, etc. Is this true? Why do airlines wont accept applicants with moles on faces?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by diva08 View Post
    PR and OD means??
    PR= Philippine Airline!
    OD= Open Day Recruitment of an Airline

wow..new thread!

open day

kelan next open days ng mga airlines?

san pwede mag apply saudian? emirates?

open day or agency

san pwede mag apply saudian? emirates? air atlanta icelandic?

I just got back from applying at Saudia... go to Skills at Discovery Plaza... Malate, Manila... sila ang nagsscreen for Saudia...

Quote Originally Posted by irha11 View Post
    I just got back from applying at Saudia... go to Skills at Discovery Plaza... Malate, Manila... sila ang nagsscreen for Saudia...
    Hi! How did it go? Kwento naman. ty

Quote Originally Posted by babboo070503 View Post

san pwede mag apply saudian? emirates? air atlanta icelandic?
    Usually, airlines are posting information about job vacancies on their websites, and some have agencies to cater recruitments. For me, I browse the net for cabin crew job opportunities and check IPAMS.

I hope I can be of help.

Quote Originally Posted by clusterfrak View Post
    Hi! How did it go? Kwento naman. ty
    I just passed the credentials that they need... checked my height kc d ** gnun katangkad.. i'm just 5'3... and then after that tinimbang **... chit chat ng konti and then sabi sa kin balik daw ** s sat... for another interview...

Thumbs Up para sa laht ng aspiring FA..

Quote Originally Posted by irha11 View Post
    I just passed the credentials that they need... checked my height kc d ** gnun katangkad.. i'm just 5'3... and then after that tinimbang **... chit chat ng konti and then sabi sa kin balik daw ** s sat... for another interview...

hello ask ko *** po if naka skirt ka pumunta? i heard kc sv uses slacks NO SKIRT as crew uniform. i just want to know if skills screening process is no different.

thanks

16. Advertisement

have u applied to other airlines before?do u think kasing higpit *** ng ibang airlines in terms of grooming... like scars on legs and arms...me nagsbi kc skin not so kc fully covered *** sa uniform. bawal nga m expose batok so nkalugay ang mga gurls..

QR OD for August and September

heads up everyone

according to our monthly cabin crew mini magazine, there will be an upcoming OD in Manila for the month of August and September. However, the specific dates I still don't know. Just keep checking this link >> http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...rew-dates.html

God bless everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Goydi View Post
    Usually, airlines are posting information about job vacancies on their websites, and some have agencies to cater recruitments. For me, I browse the net for cabin crew job opportunities and check IPAMS.

I hope I can be of help.
    Yup, tama si goydi. some airlines such as QR & EK update their careers websites regularly. Their local agency IPAMS posts openings as well.

Saudia, cebupac etc etc advertise sa workabroad or jobstreet. Search mo 'cabin crew' or 'flight attendant' as minsan ibang category nalalagay yung jobs. Tiyagaan lang talaga sa pag research.

also, sometimes people post hirings on their blogs. Jo Camet of myopennotebook (haha, hi! I read your blog!) frequently posts openings. I also try to update mine when possible.

P.s. Will include links in this post later. Di kasi ako marunong maglink sa cellphone. Hehehe.
    Last edited by naria; Jul 22, 2010 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starbitee View Post
    heads up everyone

according to our monthly cabin crew mini magazine, there will be an upcoming OD in Manila for the month of August and September. However, the specific dates I still don't know. Just keep checking this link >> http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...rew-dates.html

God bless everyone
    Wow, wow. Thanks starbitee. Another opportunity guys!

Mukhang in need talaga ang QR ah. Sana sa pagapply ko by next year, may openings pa. Haha.

Kelan kaya ang EK dito sa pinas? Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Goydi View Post
    Qatar Airways OD in Cebu (July 18)

Last weekend's Qatar Airways OD in Cebu was a great experience even though I was not even included in the shortlisted candidates. It was my first time applying for cabin crew, but however, it was heartbreaking.

I was so confident to be shortlisted because the HR (i think) of Qatar Airways was impressed on my cover letter and CV (cover letter was not required but I had. Also, I have all the prescribed requirements). But to my dismay, I was not included.

Until now, I don't know what are the reasons. I'm 5' 9" and have a normal body build and weight. Maybe because of my big mole above my upper right cheek? I have read and my friends told me that moles are a factor as well as scars, etc. Is this true? Why do airlines wont accept applicants with moles on faces?
    Sometimes you really don't know what they are looking for... And in my opinion, open days are suwertihan nadin minsan...

To answer your question, no, at least here in qr, they are not particular naman sa moles... I have a lot of colleagues who have moles pero ok lang... Scars pa siguro and pimples but not moles... Just try your luck nalang on the next OD. God bless!

Page 1 of 251 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast