Didi Benami Official Thread
Hey y'all! Be a part of Didi Lovers and and be with us in supporting Didi Benami! We'll welcome you aboard of the Didi Love Train around the globe! Follow DIDI and Didi Fans on TWITTER for more updates! Didi has her FACEBOOK and MYSPACE pages as well.
Be part of Didi fans here in the PI through our FB Page: Didi Lovers (Philippines) ♥ Fanpage Spread the Love and Light!
PREVIOUS DIDILOVERS THREAD:
From PEX's International Movie & TV Forum
Didi Benami: Her unique voice Gives Her The Edge To Shine on AI9 |Thread one|
To Music and Radio:
Didi Benami: Good music is truly what I live for |Soulflower ♥ Thread # 2|
Vered DIDI Benami was the 10th placer of American Idol Season 9. [but hey, she is waaaaayyy better than that!]
- The Hebrew definition of VERED is “ROSE”. There couldn’t be a better name for this vivacious Soulflower.
- Even though her sister nicknamed her Didi, she is living the life of VERED, continuing to bloom as an artist and as a conscious human being.
- Ever since she was old enough to speak she was inspired, energized, and fascinated with the groove of life in ever-changing motion. She immersed herself in all kinds of jazz, blues, southern rock, folk, country, R&B, and pop music. Throughout her life she has harmonized, danced, and written to any music that moves her.
- She attended Belmont University where she met her biggest inspiration, Rebecca Joy Lear.
- It was destiny and God’s work that brought these two together. Didi wasn’t pursuing music at Belmont even though it was all she really wanted to do. Rebecca was a singer/songwriter from Wichita, Kansas who began to help Didi capture and sharpen her ability to sing, and combine vocalizing expression with writing music. Rebecca Re-Ignited Didi’s drive to pursue her music career and follow through with what she loved most. It didn’t take long for these two to realize they were soul-sisters. Together, they decided to stick it out at school and continue to pursue music.
- Tragically, Rebecca’s Journey was cut short by an automobile accident eleven days before Christmas in December 2005.
- This was an eye opening experience for Didi, and made her realize that life is too short to waste not doing what you love.
- With the unexpected loss of Rebecca, Didi decided to make the move to LA and pursue what she had always dreamed of doing. Singing and Entertaining.
- With a “Rebecca forever on my mind, and the world at my fingertips” attitude, Didi is a woman on a mission to get Rebecca Joy’s music, as well as her own out into the world. “The music is so beautiful and the lyrics are captivating. Rebecca was an incredible songwriter and had such an amazing, developed soul at such a young age- her music has gotta get out to this world. If it’s the last thing I do, I want to make sure that happens”
Where did Didi Benami audition? Los Angeles, California
What type of music does Didi Benami sing? Soul, country, pop
What is Didi Benami's real name? Vered Benami
What is the Hebrew meaning of her name Vered? Rose
Who gave Vered Benami her nickname Didi? Her sister
Where did Didi Benami go to school? Belmont University
Where is Didi Benami from? Los Angeles, California
What instrument does Didi Benami play? Guitar
What theme week would you love to have for Season 9? Michael Jackson week or 70s week.
Which theme week would be most challenging to you and why? 80's week probably - because I don't really listen or like 80's music.
If you could perform with any person or group, who would it be and why? Ray LaMontagne - because I love his voice - the way it sounds. I think we would sound great together.
What's been the most surprising part of the Idol experience so far?Simon was nice!! I didn't know what to expect but he was nice to me.
How do you combat stage fright? I don't really have stage fright. I just get nervous and I think it's a good thing because it means I care.
What makes a great performer? Stage presence, loving what you're doing, giving it your all.
How has music inspired you? It has made me a better person as a whole. It has transformed the way I look at words and the way I write and speak to people. Music has shaped my life and developed me into the person I am.
If you could perform in any venue in the world, where you that be and why? The Hollywood Bowl because it's a huge venue, and it would be rad to perform there…(to a full house!)
Of the past 8 seasons, who's been your favorite Idol contestant thus far? I didn't watch the 8 seasons but I liked Brooke White after everyone told me I reminded them of her. I checked her out and watched her play "Let It Be" and cried.
Who is the person that you would most like to meet? Michael Jackson because he's the greatest entertainer of all time. I'd love pointers.
If you have 24 hours to do anything you wanted, what would you do? Spend a day in London…sightseeing and going to Abbey Road and recording.
Who are your musical influences? Adele, Norah Jones, Angel Taylor, Sheryl Crow, Joni Mitchell, Alana Davis, Patty Griffin, Sarah McLachlan, Amy Winehouse, Paul McCartney, Jason Reeves, John Lennon
How do you plan on differentiating yourself in the competition? Being myself. Sharing my soul with people who need inspiration.
What have you learned (about yourself) by going through the Idol audition process? That I am capable of doing anything I want when I put my mind to it and work really hard. Even achieving my wildest dreams!
What would people be surprised to learn about you? That I am a dork. I'm a total nerd. Over obsessive compulsive about vacuuming. I vacuum all the time.
If you couldn't sing, which talent would you most like to have? Be able to dance like those dancers on "So You Think You Can Dance."
What's your proudest moment? Making it onto this show!! And when I played guitar on stage and sang my own songs for the first time at a venue in Los Angeles.
What's your most embarrassing moment? When I asked where trees came from in high school Government class. Everyone laughed, they even mentioned it on the mic at Senior Day in high school.
Do you have any rituals or things you do before you perform? I pray. Pray to God and My Angel Rebecca
What music would your friends be surprised you own? I used to have the Hanson record but don't know where it is anymore. I still have NSYNC in my car but haven't listened to it since high school.
What are your personal goals in life? To make a record in honor of Rebecca Joy (my friend that passed). To make a record and have a successful music career. To inspire people in a positive way and remind them dreams do come true when you work hard and stay focused.
What has been the most unique job/chore you've ever had? Did laundry at a salon/spa when I was 14. I worked my way up to being a receptionist, but did laundry for several months.
What other talents do you have? Just started playing guitar 3 years ago.
Do you have any formal singing training? Yes. Vocal Coaches Roger Love and Kira Fontana in Los Angeles.
When did you first start to sing? When I was a young girl - started singing more in 5th grade.
Favorite Female Artist: Kyler England, Angel Taylor, Patty Griffin
Favorite Male Artist: Paul McCartney, Jason Reeves
DIDI'S Favorite Quote:
“We have so much potential, Our love is essential…” “Shoot for the moon!!”
-Rebecca Joy Lear
"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson