When you're Terrified, Lay It On DIDI BENAMI'S MUSIC! |Soulflower ♥ Thread # 3| | Music Fans | PinoyExchange

PEx Highlights

The new Nokia 3310

Is this something you would want to buy? Talk about the new Nokia 3310 here!

read more

Destined To Be Yours

The most awaited ALDUB teleserye is finally here. Check out some updates and behind the scene scoops here!

read more

[PROMO] Kong: Skull Island

Get a chance to win screening tickets to Kong: Skull Island by joining this promo!

read more

Tim Hortons

Is this the new place-to-be for coffee lovers? Share us your thoughts here!

read more

PBB Lucky 7

Sino sa kanila ang magiging pinaka "lucky" this season? Support your PBB favorites here!

read more

0scars 2017

This could be the brightest day in the entertainment industry. Check out the hottest Oscars update in this thread.

read more

Page 1 of 160 1 2 11 51 101 ... Last

When you're Terrified, Lay It On DIDI BENAMI'S MUSIC! |Soulflower ♥ Thread # 3|

Didi Benami Official Thread

Hey y'all! Be a part of Didi Lovers and and be with us in supporting Didi Benami! We'll welcome you aboard of the Didi Love Train around the globe! Follow DIDI and Didi Fans on TWITTER for more updates! Didi has her FACEBOOK and MYSPACE pages as well.
    Be part of Didi fans here in the PI through our FB Page: Didi Lovers (Philippines) ♥ Fanpage Spread the Love and Light!

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/BANNERS/TS-banner3.jpg

Visit also:

========================
    PREVIOUS DIDILOVERS THREAD:
    ========================
    From PEX's International Movie & TV Forum

Didi Benami: Her unique voice Gives Her The Edge To Shine on AI9 |Thread one|
    To Music and Radio:
    Didi Benami: Good music is truly what I live for |Soulflower ♥ Thread # 2|

======================================================

Vered DIDI Benami was the 10th placer of American Idol Season 9. [but hey, she is waaaaayyy better than that!]
    • The Hebrew definition of VERED is “ROSE”. There couldn’t be a better name for this vivacious Soulflower.
    • Even though her sister nicknamed her Didi, she is living the life of VERED, continuing to bloom as an artist and as a conscious human being.
    • Ever since she was old enough to speak she was inspired, energized, and fascinated with the groove of life in ever-changing motion. She immersed herself in all kinds of jazz, blues, southern rock, folk, country, R&B, and pop music. Throughout her life she has harmonized, danced, and written to any music that moves her.
    • She attended Belmont University where she met her biggest inspiration, Rebecca Joy Lear.
    • It was destiny and God’s work that brought these two together. Didi wasn’t pursuing music at Belmont even though it was all she really wanted to do. Rebecca was a singer/songwriter from Wichita, Kansas who began to help Didi capture and sharpen her ability to sing, and combine vocalizing expression with writing music. Rebecca Re-Ignited Didi’s drive to pursue her music career and follow through with what she loved most. It didn’t take long for these two to realize they were soul-sisters. Together, they decided to stick it out at school and continue to pursue music.
    • Tragically, Rebecca’s Journey was cut short by an automobile accident eleven days before Christmas in December 2005.
    • This was an eye opening experience for Didi, and made her realize that life is too short to waste not doing what you love.
    • With the unexpected loss of Rebecca, Didi decided to make the move to LA and pursue what she had always dreamed of doing. Singing and Entertaining.
    • With a “Rebecca forever on my mind, and the world at my fingertips” attitude, Didi is a woman on a mission to get Rebecca Joy’s music, as well as her own out into the world. “The music is so beautiful and the lyrics are captivating. Rebecca was an incredible songwriter and had such an amazing, developed soul at such a young age- her music has gotta get out to this world. If it’s the last thing I do, I want to make sure that happens”

Where did Didi Benami audition? Los Angeles, California
    What type of music does Didi Benami sing? Soul, country, pop
    What is Didi Benami's real name? Vered Benami
    What is the Hebrew meaning of her name Vered? Rose
    Who gave Vered Benami her nickname Didi? Her sister
    Where did Didi Benami go to school? Belmont University
    Where is Didi Benami from? Los Angeles, California
    What instrument does Didi Benami play? Guitar
    What theme week would you love to have for Season 9? Michael Jackson week or 70s week.
    Which theme week would be most challenging to you and why? 80's week probably - because I don't really listen or like 80's music.
    If you could perform with any person or group, who would it be and why? Ray LaMontagne - because I love his voice - the way it sounds. I think we would sound great together.
    What's been the most surprising part of the Idol experience so far?Simon was nice!! I didn't know what to expect but he was nice to me.
    How do you combat stage fright? I don't really have stage fright. I just get nervous and I think it's a good thing because it means I care.
    What makes a great performer? Stage presence, loving what you're doing, giving it your all.
    How has music inspired you? It has made me a better person as a whole. It has transformed the way I look at words and the way I write and speak to people. Music has shaped my life and developed me into the person I am.
    If you could perform in any venue in the world, where you that be and why? The Hollywood Bowl because it's a huge venue, and it would be rad to perform there…(to a full house!)
    Of the past 8 seasons, who's been your favorite Idol contestant thus far? I didn't watch the 8 seasons but I liked Brooke White after everyone told me I reminded them of her. I checked her out and watched her play "Let It Be" and cried.
    Who is the person that you would most like to meet? Michael Jackson because he's the greatest entertainer of all time. I'd love pointers.
    If you have 24 hours to do anything you wanted, what would you do? Spend a day in London…sightseeing and going to Abbey Road and recording.
    Who are your musical influences? Adele, Norah Jones, Angel Taylor, Sheryl Crow, Joni Mitchell, Alana Davis, Patty Griffin, Sarah McLachlan, Amy Winehouse, Paul McCartney, Jason Reeves, John Lennon
    How do you plan on differentiating yourself in the competition? Being myself. Sharing my soul with people who need inspiration.
    What have you learned (about yourself) by going through the Idol audition process? That I am capable of doing anything I want when I put my mind to it and work really hard. Even achieving my wildest dreams!
    What would people be surprised to learn about you? That I am a dork. I'm a total nerd. Over obsessive compulsive about vacuuming. I vacuum all the time.
    If you couldn't sing, which talent would you most like to have? Be able to dance like those dancers on "So You Think You Can Dance."
    What's your proudest moment? Making it onto this show!! And when I played guitar on stage and sang my own songs for the first time at a venue in Los Angeles.
    What's your most embarrassing moment? When I asked where trees came from in high school Government class. Everyone laughed, they even mentioned it on the mic at Senior Day in high school.
    Do you have any rituals or things you do before you perform? I pray. Pray to God and My Angel Rebecca
    What music would your friends be surprised you own? I used to have the Hanson record but don't know where it is anymore. I still have NSYNC in my car but haven't listened to it since high school.
    What are your personal goals in life? To make a record in honor of Rebecca Joy (my friend that passed). To make a record and have a successful music career. To inspire people in a positive way and remind them dreams do come true when you work hard and stay focused.
    What has been the most unique job/chore you've ever had? Did laundry at a salon/spa when I was 14. I worked my way up to being a receptionist, but did laundry for several months.
    What other talents do you have? Just started playing guitar 3 years ago.
    Do you have any formal singing training? Yes. Vocal Coaches Roger Love and Kira Fontana in Los Angeles.
    When did you first start to sing? When I was a young girl - started singing more in 5th grade.
    Favorite Female Artist: Kyler England, Angel Taylor, Patty Griffin
    Favorite Male Artist: Paul McCartney, Jason Reeves

DIDI'S Favorite Quote:
    “We have so much potential, Our love is essential…” “Shoot for the moon!!”
    -Rebecca Joy Lear
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson
    "Imagine"
    -John Lennon

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/BANNERS/DBFansite/dbfqa.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/2vxnhbt.jpg
    SOME MORE DIDI TIDBITS:
    > was born in NY and moved to Tennessee at the age of 7 where she grew up and according to her, she was known as "a daughter of the only Israeli living in Knoxville"
    > middle child of three girls: she's always been the "dreamy" one
    > her bigger sister nicknamed her Didi
    > her sisters are super smart, Maya and Elinor, who are both world travelers (Elinor was the one she was with in her audition)
    > her dad's a volleyball coach
    >her mom was known as Mommy Benami by the fans
    > she was always called in different names back in elementary like Vera so she uses Didi instead of Vered so people can easily remember
    > her uncle, who's a piano player, helps her a lot in music
    > she has an uncle (cousin of one her parents) who's a representative of Florida and used to ask people to vote for her when she was still in AI, Rep. James Jim Frishe
    > First concert she saw was Shania Twain's
    > "Streets of London" was the song she remembered she first learned/loved during a summer camp.
    > Started singing in 5th grade and sang My Heart Will Go On A LOT, sang the national anthem, and was in chorus which developed her vocals
    > she moved to LA in 2006 to pursue music and spread Becka's music; she always moved to find the right place for her
    > When DIDI FIRST MOVED OUT LA, SHE MOVED IN WITH HER EX-BF'S BESTFRIEND'S EX-GF.
    > She then moved in with a girl named Didi din then her living-in-her-car event...
    > she wrote several songs and recorded Becka's songs
    > she had performed in front of Ashton Kutcher and had collaborated with Jason Reeves
    > "MY FASCINATION" was the title of the song she first wrote
    > She wanted to change a little bit her song Sweet Rain but it already leaked out
    > She has no guitar lessons because she didn't have much money, so she self-studied
    > She liked inspirational music because there are many Christians in Tennessee. She sang in church for 3 years.
    > She really wanted to be in entertainment, everything at once: writing a book, acting and took classes, but focused on writing and singing.
    > Nobody in her family was a professional singer but Mommy Benami and Elinor have good voices. Her grandparents convinced her to play piano.
    > She was a back-up vocals to Jeni Alpert. Then her first gig was in Room 5, April 21,2009. She wrote with several LA musicians.
    > Becka got her into The Beatles. Imagine was the first Beatles song Becka played for her.
    http://i25.tinypic.com/2s0z51w.jpg
    > She auditioned in AI for 3 years (Season 6, 8, and 9) but skipped the season of Brooke White She did not pass the first rounds of Season 6 and 8.
    > She's not a home-buddy. She spent the time they were waiting for Hollywood week on practicing Terrified. It was hard for her to keep her entry to AI a secret during those times.
    > After Terrified, she lost her voice. During group days, she completely lost her voice.
    > She chose between Gravity and Angel but Angel meant to her more so she chose it.
    > She was in the 3rd Room with Lee who she knew did really well. She just screamed when they knew they were in to the Top 32.
    > She chose The Way I Am in the Top 24 week because of her vocal problems. She couldn't just belt out songs so she did not take a risk.
    > For the Top 20 week, she sang Lean On Me which was a response to what Simon commented on her last performance as being "indulgent". So she chose a song where everybody can relate and would want to hear.
    > As for Rhiannon, it was on of her choices when she sang Lean On Me. So she sang it for this Top 16.
    > On Rhiannon: "No pressure when Ryan said i haven't got my guitar since Hollywood Week by the way. I was like Do you have to remind me i haven't played guitar since then?"
    >She intended to play guitar on Play With Firein Top 12 but dropped it when the performance got real. At least she was able to wear corset.
    >She loves her stylist.
    >She was stressed with the Teen Idol song.She chose an MJ song then a Beatles song.
    >On You're No Good in Top 11: She liked the feedback on PWF so she thought of performing a song on the same vibe---sexy and sassy.She already has the idea of walking down the stairs.
    > She was challenging her song every week "to do something different, to do something she didn't know" so she chose You're No Good over Yesterday.
    >On WBOTBH in Top 10: She wanted to do the Joan Osborne's version but not everything Osborne did.
    > The WBOTBH i-tunes version is too fast for her.
    > She was thinking to just rest as she was sick and move on to the Beatles week, "Beatles, Beatles!"
    >She did not want to be emotional on the stage again.
    >She had a feeling she was going home but she hoped she was wrong. She did not want to sing because she was sick and she did not want to watch her montage because she knew AI would show her crying moments.
    > Her elimination sank in when she was in NY.
    http://i29.tinypic.com/2ajzvqd.jpg
    > On Idol Gives Back: "White dresses are awesome!"
    >"I still wanna pursue my career on music regardless of what happened to AI."
    > The day before the interview she wrote two songs. She always include FOOD to her lyrics, so it's easy to say when she's hungry. She just wants to put random things to the lyrics.
    >She learned from AI to do what she wants to do and don't push things when it's not ready.
    >She wants to have a proper representation of what she wants to do because she thinks people are still confused.
    >She's gonna have epic songs, otherwise, chill relaxing music. Two years ago she had a soul-country music that's why she called it "SOULTRY!haha"
    > The music she writes is soulful, deep lyrics.
    > She said people say Albert Einstein was so smart that he forgot what he was talking about just like her! "I'm joking!" Interviewer: No I felt the same way.
    > "I'm still transforming as an artist."
    > Aside from job interviews, she did not have any media training at all. Though she took Comm and Broadcasting they were not given the training to sit in front of a camera and talk (Didi didn't finish the course so she did not go that far). The interviewer said she was so great in doing interviews. "I'm just myself." So the interviewer said she is natural.
    > "I don't feel like everybody knows who I am." But she lovs people coming to her.
    >There's 4 or 5 people who came up to her since the show. Plus "the what?" the waitress, so "that's 6!"
    > She wants people to give her feedback and tell her what they think.

http://r9.fodey.com/2103/ea5d4c642c5848dbb5b1b3e80f4f2059.0.gif
    http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/BANNERS/banner-HEADING.jpg

LINKS FOR AUDIOS, VIDEOS, AND PICTURES

===========================
    AMERICAN IDOL
    ===========================
    DIDI'S AI PERFORMANCES(Compilation)
    Didi in Room 3 Part 1
    Didi in Room 3 Part 2
    AUDITION-HEY JUDE
    TERRIFIED-HOLLYWOOD WEEK
    ANGEL-HOLLYWOOD WEEK
    LEAN ON ME-TOP 20
    RHIANNON-TOP 16
    PLAY WITH FIRE-TOP 12 (ROLLING STONES)
    YOU'RE NO GOOD-TOP 11 (BILLBOARDS HIT)
    WHAT BECOMES OF A BROKEN-HEARTED-TOP 10 (RNB)

ELIMINATED PART 1 ELIMINATED PART 2 ELIMINATED PART 3

=========================
    IDOL GIVES BACK
    Group Performance
    In the Audience - Alicia Keys
    In the Audience - 1 Booted Off
    In the Audience - George Lopez Judged the Judges

http://i26.tinypic.com/2zg90mf.jpg

======================
    POST-IDOL APPEARANCES
    ======================
    NEWS INTERVIEWS COMPILATION
    Fox17 Online West Michigan
    Fox Q13
    FoxNews Rising
    Fox43 Morning News
    Fox 40 Fun Interview
    CNN Interview
    Top 12 Glam Didi Benami: “I’m a ‘boots’ person”
    On IICD House-IICDH Site Archive
    On IICD House-Hulu.com
    Twitter Session @ IICD House Part 1 (Youtube)
    Twitter Session @ IICD House Part 2 (Youtube)
    Access Hollywood Interview
    Access Hollywood Terrified Performance
    AAccess Hollywood Terrified Performance (Youtube)
    Critiques Judges Interview
    Extra-Top 10 Photoshoot
    Extra Top 10 Photoshoot (YouTube)
    Idolatry 3-Part Interview
    David Letterman Show Interview and Terrified Performance
    Today Show Interview
    Today Show Interview (YouTube)
    MTV Interview
    TV Guide Interview
    The Ellen Degeneres Show Terrified Performance - Ellen Site
    The Ellen Degeneres Show Terrified Performance (YouTube)
    The Ellen Degeneres Show Interview - Ellen Site
    The Ellen Degeneres Show Interview (YouTube)
    The Ellen Degeneres Show BTS - Ellen Site
    The Ellen Degeneres Show BTS (Youtube)
    The Ellen Degeneres Show Rehearsal - Ellen Site
    The Ellen Degeneres Show Rehearsal (Youtube)
    The Ellen Degeneres Show FULL (Youtube)
    Food Packing for Idol Gives Back (Youtube)
    Food Packing with Elliot and Brandon for Idol Gives Back (Youtube)
    Food Packing for IGB-Still Rooting for the Girls (Youtube)
    Idol Helps Feed America-Access Hollywood
    Earth Day Message
    Earth Day Message - AI
    Kris Allen Talks About Didi
    TOUR PROMO VIDEO AI
    Didi Benami on American Idol Summer Tour Video
    Didi Benami Interview with Idolsnow: PART 1 PART 2 PART 3
    Didi Benami Interview with Idolsnow:
    Part 4 Part 5 Part 6
    DIDI IN THE IDOL AUDIENCE (TOP 3 RESULTS)
    SEASON 9 RECAPS BTS
    With Fred Bronson @ American Nobody
    Benami gets boot from Idol (Interview during the Top12
    Photoshoot)

Idol Top 12 on Rolling Stones and Pressure

http://i26.tinypic.com/r1kfoo.jpg

FINALE
    Didi Waves to the Fans
    On Fox Toledo
    On Fox 5 at the Finale Day 1
    FINALE DAY:

POST-FINALE
    Larry King
    ON IICD HOUSE:
    American Idol finalists on EXTRA TV with Mario Lopez
    Tour Promo Video
    5/31 Larry King Live with the American Idol 9 Top 10, Monday edition (Photos/Videos)

American Idol M&M Concert Live Stream from Herald Square in New York City! Watch here! (Video)
    6/2 American Idol 9 in David Archuleta’s Book signing in Borders – Manhattan, NY (Photos)
    Andrew Garcia, Did Benami and Casey James at Borders
    AI 09 crashing @DavidArchie party
    More Didi Benami, Andrew Garcia, Casey James, Katie Stevens and Siobhan Magnus Photos in NYC
    New York (Tim Urban's Adventure)

http://i29.tinypic.com/fopzs.jpg

========
    PRE-TOUR
    ========
    Top 10 sing Blister in the sun
    Top 10 sing my life would suck
    Crystal & Didi talking about the tour, Twilight, and their writing
    American Idols 9 ‘meet the press’ day; videos/photos at the Summer live tour rehearsals
    Aaron Kelly and Katie Stevens interview each other
    Didi Benami and Andrew Garcia interview each other
    On The Scene At The Idols' Tour Rehearsals
    AMERICAN IDOL's Didi Benami: I Want To Work With Kara DioGuardi!
    AINOW.ORG EXCLUSIVE! Tim Urban and Didi Benam
    LIVE CHAT
    LIVE CHAT PART 1/2
    LIVE CHAT PART 2/2
    6/20 Didi Benami, Casey James, Crystal Bowersox and Lee DeWyze live UStream chat (Video)
    DIDI IS STILL GRATEFUL TO SIMON (Fox23)
    Didi Benami Talks About the Tour
    @dbenami thinks she's a freakin Jedi!!!
    Didi PreTour 2010
    Tim Urban & Didi Benami's Advice to Future American Idol Contestants

================
    RADIO INTERVIEWS
    ================
    EXIT INTERVIEW 99.1 WMYX AUDIO
    Gene and Julie of 103.7 Lite FM Radio Interview
    FOX NEWS RADIO
    Cleveland -- Mix 106.5
    Orlando - Magic 107.7
    Dallas - 103.7 Lite FM
    Minneapolis - KS95 94.5 FM
    KKFR-FM Power 98.3 Phoenix, AZ
    Didi Benami's Radio Interview from 98.3 May 12, 2010
    Radio Interview WBEX-AM 1490, Dan & Mike in the morning
    Radio Interview WOC AM 1420 with Dan Kennedy
    WHUD Radio Interview (Download)
    Mix 105.1 FM Radio Interview
    Radio Interview KKFR-FM Power 98.3! Meow!!
    Radio Interview from WGMG Morning Show (Magic 102.1 FM)
    Radio Interview from Lite Rock 99.3: performing “Terrified” on the tour!
    Radio Interview from the Connie and Fish Morning show==>Bad host!
    Y98 FM:COUNTDOWN TO FINALE (AUDIO AND PHOTOS)
    On Mix 106.3 FM Coverage (PHOTOS)
    On Q100 Atlanta (PHOTOS)
    On WDVD 96.3 FM (Detroit, MI)
    WOMC-FM: Didi on traveling the world, put out a record of Rebecca’s songs and taking a break after tour (AUDIO)

http://i31.tinypic.com/dnyhrq.jpg

=======================
    AUDIOS/MP3s/DOWNLOADS
    =======================
    DIDI'S AI PERFORMANCES (Compilation)
    Sweet Rain(Original Song)
    Hey Jude]
    The Way I Am
    Lean On Me
    Rhiannon
    Play with Fire SV
    You're no Good SV
    What Becomes of A Broken-Hearted SV
    Terrified Performance on Access Hollywood
    Terrified Performance on Ellen
    Terrified Rehearsal on Ellen
    IDF MEDIA THREAD
    Lullaby, No Destination

=======================
    FOR MORE VIDEOS (Pre-Idol)
    =======================
    KO4G,Top 12 & 24 Interviews
    MTV Little Talent Show Trailer
    MTV's Little Talent Show Acting 2006

http://i27.tinypic.com/30di0r4.jpg

========
    FANVIDS
    ========
    GONE DIDI GONE
    Didi Benami||Fire by Bea
    Didi Benami-Come Down to Me by Kim
    Didi Benami- Still Here by Kim
    DIDI BENAMI Fanmade Mv- Angels brought me here by Julie
    Do What You Love Didi//Sweet Rain by Iya to DL: DL Iya
    Didi Benami & Siobhan Magnus - She Is by Kim
    FLY DIDI FLY by Iya
    Didi Benami After American Idol (The Journey Continues) by Iya
    Casey James and Didi Benami Mv- TOGETHER =) by Julie
    Ryan Seacrest & Didi Benami by lindsay marie
    Didi Benami Behind The Scenes of AI (Compilation) by Iya
    Didi Benami "Rock Our Socks Off" by Iya
    Ryan Seacrest & Didi Benami-Last Request by Kim
    Didi Benami_Angel of Mine by Kim
    Casey James & Didi Benami//Fall In Love MV by Iya
    Didi Benami ♥ by ajonas444444
    Casey James & Didi Benami MV - Falling for You
    Didi Benami at the AI Finale (Compilation)
    Casey James and Didi Benami//Runaway MV by Iya
    Missing Didi? Didi Benami After the AI Finaleby Iya
    My American Idol, Didi Benami Tribute-Miracles Happen by americanidolx86
    Casey James and Didi Benami - CASIDI love by ferdailcute
    Magnami - Suddenly I See
    DIDI BENAMI - "Lullaby" by julie/b2
    She is...Vered DIDI Benami by Iya
    Season 9 American Idols by Heather
    Casey James and Didi Benami - CASIDI LOVE part 2 by Ferdail

http://i44.tinypic.com/1zv3gag.jpg

TUNE IN TO STAR WORLD FOR AI 9 EPISODES REPLAY. Mon-Fri 7AM/2PM ; Sat 1-6PM

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/BANNERS/tourbanner.jpg

Detroit Interview Before Tour
    WOMC-FM: Didi on traveling the world, put out a record of Rebecca’s songs and taking a break after tour (AUDIO)
    American Idols LIVE! 2010 Tour Kick Off Intro Video @ the Palace of Auburn Hills

7/1 American Idol Live Tour, The Palace in Auburn Hills, Michigan (VIDEOS)

7/2 American Idol 9 Top 10 Live Tour Updates from Summerfest in Milwaukee, WI

7/3 American Idol Live Tour, Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, MI

7/5 American Idol Live Tour Coverage at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, Ontario

7/7 Fox 5: Backstage with the Idols in Jones Beach, NY

7/9 American Idol Live Tour coverage: Arena at Harbor Yard, Bridgeport, CT

7/9 Top 10 Perform on Good Morning America NY

7/10 American Idol Live Tour coverage: Mark G. Etess Arena in Atlantic City, NJ

7/11 American Idol Live Tour coverage at Wachovia Center in Philadelphia, PA

7/13 American Idol Live! Tour 2010 at Mohegan Sun Arena

7/14 American Idol Live! Tour 2010 at Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester,NH

7/15 American Idol Live! Tour 2010 at GIANT Center in Hershey,PA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *new videos for the on-going tour will be posted in every page

================
    OFFICIAL FAN LIST
    ================

http://i28.tinypic.com/d7m8n.jpg

MEMBERS
    1. iheartYOU3 (Mhay)
    2. calculusBUNSO (Julie)
    3. ayiria (Iya)
    4. -liezl- (Liezl)
    5. masha 21
    6. backspacedpeep
    7. carlhiro(Carl)
    8. blairband
    9. Corrrect!
    10. bambi7 (Bambi)
    11. darlene17 (Darlene)
    12. yvee (Ivy)
    13. xyra027 (Xyra)
    14. mantao. (Kim)
    15.marsha
    16.-gelay- (Gelay)
    17. uberdcrayon
    18. azulistha08 (Renn)
    19. tim_09
    20. krash 13(Lester)
    21. lotusoir (Rio)
    22. BOLBIgirl-(Denise)
    23. jamesf (James)
    24.alex14 (Alex)
    25. ilovecoffee143
    26.aeonflux23
    27.mjrv
    28. destinyscayin (Cayin)
    29. crab_sushi (Caryl)
    30. im_brady (Brady)
    31. ANIFREAK (Mel)
    32. zxycho
    33. annirishhh
    34. sarahbea (Bea)
    35.wpadididi(Patricia)
    36. hanie_5
    37. Lhorvielan
    38. kris appleton
    39. robi_07(Robi)
    40. torpeedo008
    41. -mUsIcLoVeR- (Janssen)
    42. ilovezacefron (Denise)
    43. fiasco13 (Katleya)
    44. SNiaNS
    45. -ZenDriX-
    46. SunnyFlower (Erika)
    47. maryjhey
    48. topajongbranth (Top)
    49. gemisdavidsfan (Gem)
    50. biboyz_harry (Harry)

to those who are already in the list WITHOUT NICKNAME, just say so so we can add your nicks..

to the lurkers who wants to join us but are just shy and hesitant,
    YOU'RE VERY MUCH WELCOME HERE!

http://i29.tinypic.com/spvhb6.jpg

FIRST MESSAGE TO ALL THE FANS via DBFansite:
    http://www.didibenamifansite.com/wp-content/plugins/autothumb/image.php?src=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2736/4497846207_53ee7d9179_b.jpg&aoe=1&q=100&w=541&h=701&hash=6bf4b3404cc0dc7386d0c94751cbf831

FIRST GREETING TO ALL THE FILIPINO FANS via TWITTER:
    http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/BANNERS/pinoyshouout.jpg
    http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/BANNERS/pinoyshouout.jpg

SHOUT OUT TO DIDI LOVERS'S FOR THE 3RD MONTHSARY via TWITTER
    http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/Snapshot2.jpg
    http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/Snapshot1.jpg

PRE-TOUR MESSAGE TO INTERNATIONAL FANS via DBFansite:
    http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/BANNERS/PI1.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/zlu5o0.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/2my7rro.jpg

Loath though I am to admit it, I kind of watched this season of American Idol (don’t click away, stay with me). But not really, because it was more like I was watching Didi Benami. I love this girl. Yes, some of it is due to The Smile, and the whole earthy, dangly-jewelry-and-flowing-dresses, singer-songwriter, nimbus-of-sweetness-and-light thing she has going on. I tend to dig that. But the girl’s got pipes too – check her out (in a great meta choice for the contest) absolutely killing Kara DioGuardi’s song right in front of her. And she’s vulnerable – peep her letting the inside out at her audition. And for me, talent combined with vulnerability is the winning recipe for higher-order art. Anything less just isn’t worth my time. Let me explain why.

Vulnerability lies at the heart of any substantive relationship – whether between family members or between artist and fan – because vulnerability is the foundation of intimacy. I reveal something personal to you, you respond in a way that makes me feel understood and accepted, I trust you more because you responded well, you trust me more because I confided in you, that trust hardens into a bond, and we become intimate. That’s how it works. That’s human connection.

And that’s ultimately what I’m looking for in art: a human connection with the artist, with myself, with everybody. Or, as DFW might have put it, I want to see reflected back at me “what it is to be a f*cking human being in the world,” something to “become less alone inside.” But in order for the audience to feel that, the artist has to be willing to be vulnerable, to expose herself, to tap into her life experience and insecurities and questions about herself and the world and “go there.” That’s all craft is: a vehicle for “going there,” a conduit through which to let the churning inside out. That’s why craft alone – technical virtuosity in an emotional vacuum – can be interesting and even enthralling but rarely engaging on those deeper levels that make one come back to a work of art time and again over the years. Because craft without feeling is self-contained; it doesn’t take you anywhere; or, to borrow from Gertrude Stein, “there is no there there.” And art is all about going there.

And I’m not limiting my definition of art here. Any type of communication can be art: marketing, memo writing, and yes, blogging, can all be art. In marketing, the art is in finding the deeper need that a product speaks to and showcasing it to the world; the vulnerability comes in the marketer first acknowledging that need, that longing, within himself. In writing memos, the vulnerability comes in taking chances with word choices and sentence structures that let one express his personality in the work, even if only in hints.

And in blogging, the vulnerability is telling the world how you feel and what you’ve been through despite what fresh hell might await you in the comments section. For a perfect example of blogging as art, look no farther than Penelope Trunk’s blog. Nobody in any medium goes there like Penelope. And that’s why (in addition to her great writing) her blog is so popular and why I check it daily. Because she goes there and invites the reader along. And that makes reading her blog worth my time. Intimacy is digitally transferable, and I’ll give time to get some.

This last point brings us back full circle to Didi. When Didi puts out an album, I’ll buy it. When she tours, I’ll probably go see her. Because she did the necessary work up front to build that relationship with me; she opened up and I fell in. But Didi didn’t just try to sell herself by being weepy; she has genuine talent. This is an important point: an artist of any type can’t just coast on vulnerability. She has to be good too, above all else. Talent is the floor. It’s just that talent is necessary but insufficient to win over and keep fans. Fans come for the talent but stay for the intimacy.

Another point here is that the vulnerability has to be genuine. You can’t throw out a few faux-deep lyrics and get choked up in an interview about how your dog died when you were ten and expect fans to throw Kleenex and dollar bills at you. It has to come from a real place, and people can smell manufactured emotion a mile away (it smells like melodrama). When Didi cried on camera, and when she sang the songs that suited her, you could tell there was no calculation in it, that it was genuinely flowing from somewhere she couldn’t dam off. That’s the stuff that makes fans for life.

So the takeaway here is that, at least in one man’s opinion, if you’re going to make art of any sort, you need to first be good at whatever your medium is, but you also need to be willing to be exposed and authentically open up to your audience. If you can be and do those things, even if you never get rich, you’ll always have a devoted fan base, a tribe of your own to lead. Boiled down even more, we can just say talent + vulnerability = fans. And if you want it even shorter, call it the Benami Effect.

All of us blogging and creating for an audience, real or imagined, should be shooting for the Benami Effect every time we produce. Because if you’re blogging, or writing fiction, or singing, or acting, or whatever your thing is, and you’re not being vulnerable and revealing something tender and trying to wake people up and make them feel like they’re not the only ones who feel the way they do, then really, what’s the point?

http://lawyeringmike.com/2010/04/12/the-benami-effect/

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/BANNERS/I-pb.jpg
    ENJOY our PHOTOBUCKET COLLECTIONS c/o ayiria
    For the AI Journey and Post-Idol Screen Caps and Pictures:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/BANNERS/I-yt.jpg
    CHECK OUT AND SUBCRIBE TO:

When you're Terrified, Lay It On DIDI BENAMI'S MUSIC!|Soulflower] Spread the Light and Love
    Hey y'all! Be a part of Didi Lovers Philippines and be with us in supporting Didi Benami!
    We'll welcome you aboard of the Didi Love Train around the globe!

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/BANNERS/I-2twitdidi.jpghttp://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/BANNERS/I-2twitddl.jpghttp://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/BANNERS/I-3fbdd.jpghttp://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/BANNERS/I-4fbddl.jpghttp://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/BANNERS/I-5pex.jpghttp://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/BANNERS/I-dbf.jpg
    http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/BANNERS/PROJPROMO.jpg
    CLICK ON THE ICONS ABOVE TO DIRECT YOU TO DIDI'S AND DIDILOVERS' PAGES

Be captivated once again with her performances:

And some of her original songs:

Thanks for the space!

Much Love, Didi Lovers Philippines

Contest Giveaway: Win a copy of American Idol 9 CD album signed by Didi Benami!

http://www.didibenamifansite.com/wp-content/plugins/autothumb/image.php?src=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4095/4788367888_8d1044070f.jpg&aoe=1&q=100&w=500&h=334&hash=b9606701ebc7088df56f758689c72fd3
    If you were to meet Didi face to face, and only have a minute to ‘impress’ what would you tell her?

CONTEST ENDS July 31st! Spread the word. Thanks!

MUST BE A FORUM MEMBER TO JOIN THE CONTEST.

we had more than 33,944 views sa 2nd thread

WELCOME SA NEW HOUSE EVERYONE

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/dvered/TOP%2012/PHOTOSHOOT/9i4qo0.jpg

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pag apak sa ating new Mansion!!! =)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs295.snc3/28428_120434577984463_120411847986736_207540_7779711_n.jpg

nice! b2!

ayos! kinareer talaga =) ang sarap pumasok sa house na ubeeeer organize and ganda ganda!

astig!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pasok pasok! hehe..

sa mga didi benami fan na lurkers! post na kayo.. masaya dito

didi lovers active posters! galing tibay natin!

b1 natawa ako, mansion talaga
    yan ang nagagawa sa uber preparedness, nagiging organize...

right, pasok and post na po kayo here

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/dvered/TOP%2012/PHOTOSHOOT/2libxfn.jpg

yieeee!!!new house!!!!!!!!!!!! heloooo

bea

nakakatuwa present ka sa new house

bagong bahay na naman tayo....

heheh yup MANSION! kasi bongga eh..hahaha

b2 and bea.. mwah mwah!

got to go na... may matindi ako laban bukas...haha..
    lam na ni b2 un...

congratz ulit sa tin!!!

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/dvered/TOP%2012/PHOTOSHOOT/outtakes/12248083.jpghttp://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/dvered/TOP%2012/PHOTOSHOOT/outtakes/12248081.jpghttp://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/dvered/TOP%2012/PHOTOSHOOT/outtakes/12248080.jpg

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/dvered/TOP%2012/PHOTOSHOOT/outtakes/12248077.jpghttp://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/dvered/TOP%2012/PHOTOSHOOT/outtakes/12248078.jpg

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/FAN%20ARTS/db2.jpghttp://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/dvered2/FAN%20ARTS/db3.jpg

Page 1 of 160 1 2 11 51 101 ... Last