PEx Highlights

Show Me Your One Big Teeths!

Virgie is absent but Merly has a special guest in this week's episode! Find out who it is in this week's Cheerdance edition of Show Me Your Teeths!

read more

UAAP End of Eliminations Power Rankings

Fun times in Katipunan, the streaking Red Warriors and a very happy Norbert Torres. All that and more in this week's power rankings!

read more

FEATURE: The Travails of Chot Reyes

Find out as Jay P. Mercado weighs in on the criticism handed to our national basketball team coach, Chot Reyes.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner is a gripping and intense post-apocalyptic rollercoaster.

read more

First BPO Choice Awards Official Launch

The Core Productions, Inc., presented the first industry and awards night that revels the voice of the IT-BPO industry at the ICITE Auditorium.

read more

PHOTOS: Adamson Finally Captures Elusive Win

Check out match scenes from the final elimination game of the UAAP Men's Basketball season!

read more

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    Angry Wi-Tribe's POOR Internet connection speed

    Guys, sino dito na bikitma na ng Wi-Tribe? Napaka daya kasi, ang bagal ng connection. Yes may bandwithlimit sila of 6GB pero ang ginagawa ko lang naman ay web-browsing. Nagtry ako mag dwnload ng mp3, ang lumalabas eh 5 to 15 kbps... hay nako.. hindi ko naman ma paterminate itong account na to kasi kelangan ko bayaran *** 24 months na lock in period..

    Read the rest of my review naku kaasar ****

    http://accordingtomathew.blogspot.co...s-4g-suck.html

  2. #2
    dapat kasi nagbasa ka muna dito

    dami galit sa wi-tribe




  3. #3

    Cool

    Avail or migrate ka sa New Plan: FREE TO MOVE Flexi Plan 998!

    Call 318-7423 ASAP to avail. Check link:

    http://www.wi-tribe.ph/products-2/flexi-plan-998/

  4. #4

    Cool wi-tribe: myportal account monitoring

    wi-tribe: myportal account monitoring

    All wi-tribe Clients can always monitor their accounts by simply logging-in at following link:

    http://myportal.wi-tribe.ph/

    Use the MAC ADDRESSS of your Modem as username and witribe as default password. Once logged-in, change the password for security reasons!

    Once logged-in, get 24/7 access to your wi-tribe account to view your itemized usage and bills and use the self service area to track your orders and faults, manage your service and more.


  5. #5

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by add616reneb View Post
    Avail or migrate ka sa New Plan: FREE TO MOVE Flexi Plan 998!

    Call 318-7423 ASAP to avail. Check link:

    http://www.wi-tribe.ph/products-2/flexi-plan-998/

    http://st4.sulitstatic.com/images/2010/0729/030529911_flexiplan.jpg
    http://www.wi-tribe.ph/products-2/flexi-plan-598/
    Last edited by add616reneb; Jul 29, 2010 at 04:49 PM.

  6. #6
    ayos, palpak na may nag advertise pa. hahahaha

  7. #7

    Question update please

    How's Wi-tribe's service now? Just wondering. Mine's okay so far.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RINOABREA View Post
    How's Wi-tribe's service now? Just wondering. Mine's okay so far.
    what do you mean by okay? can you have a full description of you internet speed? also anong area ka nakatira

    2 of my classmates isa nakacondo, medyo okay lang for fb and twitter or searching kasi kakasimula pa lang daw, and nakatira sa condo which is nasa 20 plus floor siya



    while iyong isa kong classmate sa apartment second floor pero hindi makapagyoutube



    sa iyo ba nakakayoutube? also reliable ba? hindi ba siya nagcucut or nadidisconnect?

  9. #9
    Lakers and mclaren fan Rocker09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Valenzuela
    Never been a fan of wimax in general...IMO HSPA+ is more reliable...

  10. #10
    ako hindi makayoutube. apartment ako, nasa 2nd floor. kaya ko tyagain facebook, pero yung youtube ko napakabagal. tapos hindi pa sya mag bubuff pag hindi nakaplay. nag bubuff pag nakapause pero hanggang kalahati lang. kahit gano mo katagal iwan hindi sya napupuno. balak ko na lumipat sa sun. wala naman lock-in period 'tong wi-tribe nung nag subscribe ako. kaya anytime pwede ko sya iletgo.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggerSwagger View Post
    ako hindi makayoutube. apartment ako, nasa 2nd floor. kaya ko tyagain facebook, pero yung youtube ko napakabagal. tapos hindi pa sya mag bubuff pag hindi nakaplay. nag bubuff pag nakapause pero hanggang kalahati lang. kahit gano mo katagal iwan hindi sya napupuno. balak ko na lumipat sa sun. wala naman lock-in period 'tong wi-tribe nung nag subscribe ako. kaya anytime pwede ko sya iletgo.
    I'm on Sun broadband and it's slow as molasses. It usually tops off at 40 kb/sec, more often it's just in the 20's and single-digit speeds isn't uncommon. It only becomes fast during early morning, maybe around 2-3 a.m. but that isn't even a given.

    The problem with wireless internet in the Philippines is that ALL of them suck. If you value reliability and speed, wired connections are still best. For example I can hit 150-180 kb/sec with the DSL at home at ANY time of the day and sustain that, quite a far cry for the super slow wireless broadbands being offered to us.

  12. #12

    Exclamation

    I'm using Wi-Tribe prepaid in the south area, 2nd floor, dongle outside of my window via the extended USB cable included in the witribe prepaid package with free mug for P995 bought at 7/11. I didn't apply for a lined service because of the bad comments I read on the Internet fearing I too could get stuck on a plan for 2 years (I think).

    I got their 15-days free at 2mbps speed. Now, I'm just reloading their P25 per day at 512kbps . (I have a separate story on why I chose daily loading instead of the 15-days. Just PM me if you want to find out what that is).

    At first, watching youtube is kind of slow but after watching one or two, it's okay. In fact, I was able to watch the whole seasons 1 & 2 of Young Justice on one sitting over night. But youtube isn't my priority. So I guess it's okay for me if the buffering get's slow every now and then.

    I'm more into browsing/reading and emails. You could say I'm a minimal user because I only use the Internet for a maximum of five hours on weekdays and full days on weekends. And I don't do big downloads and uploads, just pictures, PDFs and short-length vids (10-20 mins). I also use it for banking online and the usual social networks (FB, Twitter, etc.), and online shopping sites all opened in different tabs and windows at the same time. Sometimes I even use three different browsers in the same period.

    What I'm kind of surprised is that I cannot log into bpiexpressonline. All the other banks are okay, even the bpi direct website. Anyone having the same experience?

  13. #13
    Lakers and mclaren fan Rocker09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Valenzuela
    If you guys live in the valenzuela area, I suggest getting globe's postpaid myfi plan...I usually get 3-5 mbps durring off peak hours and 2-4 mbps during peak hours.....

  14. #14

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by RINOABREA View Post
    What I'm kind of surprised is that I cannot log into bpiexpressonline. All the other banks are okay, even the bpi direct website. Anyone having the same experience?
    DANG!.. I thought I found the solution already with CTRL-F5 (for forced loading)..di pa din pala..
    Last edited by RINOABREA; Oct 17, 2012 at 03:26 AM.

  15. #15
    isang problem with wi-tribe, maraming hackers taking advantage of it. kaya bumabagal talaga ang system nila.

  16. Advertisement

  17. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    I'm on Sun broadband and it's slow as molasses. It usually tops off at 40 kb/sec, more often it's just in the 20's and single-digit speeds isn't uncommon. It only becomes fast during early morning, maybe around 2-3 a.m. but that isn't even a given.

    The problem with wireless internet in the Philippines is that ALL of them suck. If you value reliability and speed, wired connections are still best. For example I can hit 150-180 kb/sec with the DSL at home at ANY time of the day and sustain that, quite a far cry for the super slow wireless broadbands being offered to us.

    ano ang wired connection mo? gusto ko na sana palitan itong pesteng globe tattoo ko na parati walang signal at ubod ng bagal.

  18. #17
    ang most reliable pa rin ay ang Smart. Kunin niyo yung 50 pesos per day na unli tapos wag niyo idisconnect. tuloy tuloy lang yung internet although hindi ka na maka fb. longest ko is around 4 days straight. eh may dinadownload akong series noon. ntapos naman.

  19. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by grim_reaper1814 View Post
    ang most reliable pa rin ay ang Smart. Kunin niyo yung 50 pesos per day na unli tapos wag niyo idisconnect. tuloy tuloy lang yung internet although hindi ka na maka fb. longest ko is around 4 days straight. eh may dinadownload akong series noon. ntapos naman.
    mahal, naman.. *** sa akin P25 na tumagal ng almost one month.. hehe.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Advertisement


Hot Topics

GILAS:

Ranidel De Ocampo on Asian Games: "Wala kaming pinag-uusapan kundi gold."

Ranidel De Ocampo on Asian Games: "Wala kaming pinag-uusapan kundi gold."

read more
TV:

Join the "I Do" discussion thread!

Join the "I Do" discussion thread!

read more
CHIT CHAT:

Who's going to the Manila International Book Fair?

Who's going to the Manila International Book Fair?

read more
SHOWBIZ:

Ai-ai delas Alas dating 20-year old DLSU student-athlete

Ai-ai delas Alas dating 20-year old DLSU student-athlete

read more
NMFtv:

Fashionpulis joins Mo Twister in an episode of gossip and revelations!

Fashionpulis joins Mo Twister in an episode of gossip and revelations!

read more
UAAP:

UE forces playoff for Final Four slot vs NU after beating UST, 78-73

UE forces playoff for Final Four slot vs NU after beating UST, 78-73

read more

Advertisement