Page 1 of 29 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Question Ano ba ang inyong opinyon tungkol sa mga nagiging migrante sa ibang bansa?

Ang dami ko kasi mga kakilala na na-petisyon, nag-migrate, gayunpaman at masasabi ko rin na hindi sila naghihikahos dito.
    Naiisip ko din minsan ang mag-migrate pero hindi din biro dahil sa bukod na nangangailangan ng malaki-laking halaga eh parang kuntento na naman ako sa kung ano ang katayuan ko sa buhay ngayon.

Ang tanong, sa inyong pananaw, dapat ba purihin o kainggitan ang mga nag-ma-migrate sa ibang bansa katulad ng Canada, Australia, etc.etc.?

Mamatay kayo sa inggit.

I agree. PRAISE and ENVY THEM for LEAVING ... VERY SMART MOVE.

-Just_JT
    You.can.take.the.Pinoy.out.of.the.Pinas.

the last one to leave the philippines, please turn the lights out.

I don't know about complimenting or declaring a national holiday in honor of people that left, but at least give people who left respect. I have not a bit of connection to the pi. but doesn't the pi government make money off people that left and are sending money?

Quote Originally Posted by JUST_JT View Post
    I agree. PRAISE and ENVY THEM for LEAVING ... VERY SMART MOVE.

-Just_JT
    You.can.take.the.Pinoy.out.of.the.Pinas.
    Smart move din ba to practically sell everything they own here so as to finance their supposed migration requirements? Same reason I hear is to get a better future for their kids. But I was also wondering why they can say that when in fact they're just about to live in a different land where they've '0' idea about the life they will be facing there.

Quote Originally Posted by pomona View Post
    the last one to leave the philippines, please turn the lights out.
    OFW or Migrant? It's a different case for OFWs since they just want to have a nice-paying job abroad which Pi cannot offer. Migrants would mean leaving the motherland for good.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyvixen View Post
    I don't know about complimenting or declaring a national holiday in honor of people that left, but at least give people who left respect. I have not a bit of connection to the pi. but doesn't the pi government make money off people that left and are sending money?
    Nobody says any disrespect for people who left Pi. This is just to ask people here if they envy people who left the homeland to live a supposed "better life" abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by silent_control View Post
    Mamatay kayo sa inggit.
    I was also thinking why there are foreign-bred pinoys who likewise seems to like it here as compared to where they came from, in contrast to pinoys who are itching to get out and live in foreign lands for good.

mad 'bout shiri appleby cretinous00's Avatar
    lazy, incompetent layabouts who can't even make manager in makati, so they'll now work as dish washers at carrows or as doormen at the marriot.

i'm also planning to migrate either in canada or australia.. pero mukhang mahirap ata yung process.. any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by jiggybabymiggz View Post
    Nobody says any disrespect for people who left Pi. This is just to ask people here if they envy people who left the homeland to live a supposed "better life" abroad.
    my bad, I tend to confuse envy with disrespect. and I see quite a few haters here.

pex is as close to a connection I have with pi

Quote Originally Posted by cretinous00 View Post
    lazy, incompetent layabouts who can't even make manager in makati, so they'll now work as dish washers at carrows or as doormen at the marriot.
    Acceptable viewpoint but I was also wondering about one instance of a petitioned friend, who now works as a stay-in caregiver who earn $x,xxxx in a month. A manager even in makati could not even make that amount in a month. Pero tama ka na some resort to jobs na technically ay inaayawan ng mga citizen sa kanilang bansa.

my bad, I tend to confuse envy with disrespect. and I see quite a few haters here.

pex is as close to a connection I have with pi
    nah! it's ok. enjoy your pex-ing here...

Smart move din ba to practically sell everything they own here so as to finance their supposed migration requirements? Same reason I hear is to get a better future for their kids. But I was also wondering why they can say that when in fact they're just about to live in a different land where they've '0' idea about the life they will be facing there.
    Migrating to another country is RISKY. But the right attitude is to NEVER LOOK BACK. A migrant should not have a mindset that he can always return to where he came from. The right mindset is to work hard to make a better life in the adopted land.

-Just_JT
    Anyplace.out.of.PI.is.better.anyway.

Dapat sigurong hangaan natin ang mga kababayan na nag-migrante sa ibang bansa sa pagnanasang magkaro'n ng magandang buhay.

At dapat rin nating puriin 'yung mga kababayan na hindi nakakalimot sa ating bayan at patuloy ang kanilang pag-suporta sa mga mahal nila sa buhay na nasa Pilipinas pa rin.

Ang dami ko kasi mga kakilala na na-petisyon, nag-migrate, gayunpaman at masasabi ko rin na hindi sila naghihikahos dito.
    Naiisip ko din minsan ang mag-migrate pero hindi din biro dahil sa bukod na nangangailangan ng malaki-laking halaga eh parang kuntento na naman ako sa kung ano ang katayuan ko sa buhay ngayon.

Ang tanong, sa inyong pananaw, dapat ba purihin o kainggitan ang mga nag-ma-migrate sa ibang bansa katulad ng Canada, Australia, etc.etc.?
    see bolded. it's what separates you from the go-getters. they want to max out their abilities and their earning capacity. you on the hand seem to be content with what's available to you and given the limited options the pi has to offer, that says a lot about your drive to succeed. the good news is, to each his own, so goodluck

not trying to be a bit-ch, I just sensed that you were asking for it

nah! it's ok. enjoy your pex-ing here...
    lol I wasn't exactly apologizing

Quote Originally Posted by dohdoh View Post
    i'm also planning to migrate either in canada or australia.. pero mukhang mahirap ata yung process.. any tips?
    You have two options: do your own research or hire an Immigration consultant to do the hard yards for you.

Acceptable viewpoint but I was also wondering about one instance of a petitioned friend, who now works as a stay-in caregiver who earn $x,xxxx in a month. A manager even in makati could not even make that amount in a month. Pero tama ka na some resort to jobs na technically ay inaayawan ng mga citizen sa kanilang bansa.
    A new migrant has to start somewhere. I started as a factory worker and I had to do VOLUNTARY WORK just to gain local experience in my field of expertise. Today, nearly 19 years after leaving PI, I earn $150k a year before tax working from home most of the time. What decent and honest work in PI would give this kind of money?

-Just_JT
    The.sacrifices.and.hardships.early.on.WERE.WORTH.IT.

mad 'bout shiri appleby cretinous00's Avatar
    that's because incompetents only think of it in monetary terms. i admit, i probably can't get an assistant vice-president position at wall street (meron pa bang investment bank natira doon?) and i'll have to settle for a lower grade despite a higher pay in absolute terms. but then why should i ever bother? i probably know more about the US than most pinoys now living there.

when i first went to the US (pre- -9-11) i promised myself it would be my last. i was kept for two hours at o'hare by a stupid black woman who kept repeating the following questions:

1. how come i was carrying $5k in my pocket? i don't even own a philippine credit card.
    2. how come i speak like an american when it's my first visit? i demonstrated my skills in tagalog and ilocano.
    3. how come i can recite the names of bill clinton's entire cabinet? i then launched into my usual trivia blitz to demonstrate my quiz show -winning skills:

easy: longest river in the world? nile or amazon (both are acceptable)
    hard: longest river in europe? volga river

easy: biggest mammal? blue whale
    hard fastest marine mammal? killer whale

easy: capital of finland? helsinki
    hard: capital of madagascar? antananarivo

ayun, natahimik sya. they must think filipinos live on trees. i know, i looked and sounded suspicious (to paranoid idiots) but do i have to get hassled a lot when i'm nowhere near to committing a terrorist act?

see bolded. it's what separates you from the go-getters. they want to max out their abilities and their earning capacity. you on the hand seem to be content with what's available to you and given the limited options the pi has to offer, that says a lot about your drive to succeed. the good news is, to each his own, so goodluck

not trying to be a bit-ch, I just sensed that you were asking for it
    go-getter or escapist?

i don't blame them. there are no jobs and even if you get one, the pay is very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedypaolo View Post
    go-getter or escapist?
    if you think escapist you think in pi pesos

if you think go-getter you think in [insert pretty much just about any foreign currency here]

Page 1 of 29 1 2 11 ... LastLast