PEx Highlights

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 6

The power rankings are back! We talk about the top dogs, the lovable losers and Kyle Neypes' recent transformation.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: Talk Back and You're Dead

It may not the type of movie that can explain the deeper meaning of life, but it's the movie that can melt your heart.

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Clobbers UST

Roger Pogoy scored a career-high 19 points and grabbed 5 rebounds, carrying the FEU Tamaraws to victory over the UST Growling Tigers, 66-55.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno

Perfectly choreographed fight scenes and compelling execution makes "Kyoto Inferno" the perfect bridge to "Legend Ends."

read more

FEATURE: The 1986 FIBA World Championship

How would the 1986 Philippine national team have fared had it gone to Spain in the 1986 FIBA World Championship?

read more

PROMO: If I Stay

Join the If I Stay promo and win advance screening tickets!

read more

Philippine Coast Guard buys 7 helicopters

7 brand new Eurocopter EC145 twin-engine SAR choppers for P4.5 billion.

COAST GUARD HELICOPTERS

http://www.aviationnews.eu/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/42321485.jpg
    http://www.skycontrol.net/UserFiles/Image/Helicopters_img/200602/200603eurocopter_ec145.jpg

The technical manuals are complicated read because it's written in British.

^-Hence.... we are back to the same old problem... English that is poorly instructed in our school system mainly because as of today; 78% of the teachers are functionally illiterate in English. I have worked on Aircraft for over 27.5 years and never had a problem with reading or comprehending any of the manuals.

NEW Aircraft come with on site factory support. The management and maintenance problems do not surface until after the factory reps. are long gone. I can make a prediction that they did NOT buy ANY spares!!!!!!! What we will be faced with for logisticical supply support is express shipment of everything.

Can you elaborate on the differences between American English and British English other than instead of using 'z' the British use 's' and the addition of letter 'u' in some words as in the case of labour and the character position of ‘r’ and ‘e’ in metre. All of these are easy to figure out and not even rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by kel1guy View Post
    ^-Hence.... we are back to the same old problem... English that is poorly instructed in our school system mainly because as of today; 78% of the teachers are functionally illiterate in English. I have worked on Aircraft for over 27.5 years and never had a problem with reading or comprehending any of the manuals.

NEW Aircraft come with on site factory support. The management and maintenance problems do not surface until after the factory reps. are long gone. I can make a prediction that they did NOT buy ANY spares!!!!!!! What we will be faced with for logisticical supply support is express shipment of everything.
    you seem to prove the point

Quote Originally Posted by naught View Post
    Can you elaborate on the differences between American English and British English other than instead of using 'z' the British use 's' and the addition of letter 'u' in some words as in the case of labour and the character position of ‘r’ and ‘e’ in metre. All of these are easy to figure out and not even rocket science.
    Aside from different spellings, there are terms that only exist in British English.

If I'm a coast guard newbie and I can understand English then I'm sure I can read the manual without difficulty except maybe for a few words.

Quote Originally Posted by kel1guy View Post

Our congress tend to just provide budget for the acquisition and forget to provide for the operations and maintenance of equipment.

Decoration lang mangyayari dyan.

“It’s good that we have in the pipeline now the acquisition of seven brand-new, multi-role French-made Eurocopters. The package, worth P4.5 billion, includes the training of helicopter pilots, maintenance, spare parts and mission-related equipment,” he revealed.
    PCG Helicopter Procurement

9. Advertisement

I sure hope that all inclusive "package" is for real since if maintenance and operation cost is contingent on it its inclusion in GAA then, it will go the usual way of AFP purchases.

It's for real. The acquisition cost is all-in.

The PCG is not under the AFP, it is under the DOTC.

wow. good news. this has been a long overdue. eherm ninanakaw na yata ang mga aquatic resources natin ng ibang bansa.

british english? by jove he's got it. lol!!! what about british welsh, is that different from regular welsh? just like british scottish, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Migs42 View Post
    Aside from different spellings, there are terms that only exist in British English.

If I'm a coast guard newbie and I can understand English then I'm sure I can read the manual without difficulty except maybe for a few words.

Quote Originally Posted by kantoking View Post
    It's for real. The acquisition cost is all-in.

The PCG is not under the AFP, it is under the DOTC.
    I know but purchases like that of helicopters are the usual domain of AFP. My reference to AFP, obviously, was in connection with Congress' habit of not appropriating for maintenance and operations.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_tracer View Post
    wow. good news. this has been a long overdue. eherm ninanakaw na yata ang mga aquatic resources natin ng ibang bansa.
    Yes sir, these new choppers will greatly enhance the PCG's search and rescue and EEZ patrol capabilities.

teka lang, puro rin naman airbus (A319/A320) ang planes ng cebu pac.. may A330 rin ang phil. airlines.. nahirapan din kaya sila sa manuals? eh hindi american english yun. he he he