PEx Highlights

Quiz Night: Top Model

Do you want to be on top? Join the Top Model Quiz Night hosted by Hyda (hydrangea) Banks. Pins and bragging rights are on the line!

read more

REVIEW: San Andreas

If you fancy high-octane and heart-pounding disaster flicks, 'San Andreas' is the perfect movie for you.

read more

The Best PBA Products from the NCAA

This week, we move to part two of our college-to-pros feature and name the greatest PBA players who came out of the NCAA.

read more

PHOTOS: TNT Too Much for NLEX

Check out sights and scenes from the TNT-NLEX matchup last night at the Cuneta Astrodome in our PBA Gallery!

read more

PHOTOS: Kia Drops Blackwater in 2OT Win

Best player of the game Jet Chang scored 25 points and grabbed 6 rebounds to lead Kia to their third win of the conference.

read more

Show Me Your Teeths: The Remake

Oha! Akala niyo ABS lang ang may remake? Syempre hindi magpapatalo si Chelsey at Merly!

read more

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Philippine Coast Guard buys 7 helicopters

    7 brand new Eurocopter EC145 twin-engine SAR choppers for P4.5 billion.

    COAST GUARD HELICOPTERS

    http://www.aviationnews.eu/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/42321485.jpg
    http://www.skycontrol.net/UserFiles/Image/Helicopters_img/200602/200603eurocopter_ec145.jpg

  2. #2
    The technical manuals are complicated read because it's written in British.

  3. #3
    ^-Hence.... we are back to the same old problem... English that is poorly instructed in our school system mainly because as of today; 78% of the teachers are functionally illiterate in English. I have worked on Aircraft for over 27.5 years and never had a problem with reading or comprehending any of the manuals.

    NEW Aircraft come with on site factory support. The management and maintenance problems do not surface until after the factory reps. are long gone. I can make a prediction that they did NOT buy ANY spares!!!!!!! What we will be faced with for logisticical supply support is express shipment of everything.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    devoidofnothingnes
    Can you elaborate on the differences between American English and British English other than instead of using 'z' the British use 's' and the addition of letter 'u' in some words as in the case of labour and the character position of ‘r’ and ‘e’ in metre. All of these are easy to figure out and not even rocket science.

  5. #5
    Supreme High Master HeadBaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cloud City
    Quote Originally Posted by kel1guy View Post
    ^-Hence.... we are back to the same old problem... English that is poorly instructed in our school system mainly because as of today; 78% of the teachers are functionally illiterate in English. I have worked on Aircraft for over 27.5 years and never had a problem with reading or comprehending any of the manuals.

    NEW Aircraft come with on site factory support. The management and maintenance problems do not surface until after the factory reps. are long gone. I can make a prediction that they did NOT buy ANY spares!!!!!!! What we will be faced with for logisticical supply support is express shipment of everything.
    you seem to prove the point

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by naught View Post
    Can you elaborate on the differences between American English and British English other than instead of using 'z' the British use 's' and the addition of letter 'u' in some words as in the case of labour and the character position of ‘r’ and ‘e’ in metre. All of these are easy to figure out and not even rocket science.
    Aside from different spellings, there are terms that only exist in British English.

    If I'm a coast guard newbie and I can understand English then I'm sure I can read the manual without difficulty except maybe for a few words.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kel1guy View Post
    ^-Hence.... we are back to the same old problem... English that is poorly instructed in our school system mainly because as of today; 78% of the teachers are functionally illiterate in English. I have worked on Aircraft for over 27.5 years and never had a problem with reading or comprehending any of the manuals.

    NEW Aircraft come with on site factory support. The management and maintenance problems do not surface until after the factory reps. are long gone. I can make a prediction that they did NOT buy ANY spares!!!!!!! What we will be faced with for logisticical supply support is express shipment of everything.
    Our congress tend to just provide budget for the acquisition and forget to provide for the operations and maintenance of equipment.

    Decoration lang mangyayari dyan.

  8. #8
    “It’s good that we have in the pipeline now the acquisition of seven brand-new, multi-role French-made Eurocopters. The package, worth P4.5 billion, includes the training of helicopter pilots, maintenance, spare parts and mission-related equipment,” he revealed.
    PCG Helicopter Procurement

  9. #9
    I sure hope that all inclusive "package" is for real since if maintenance and operation cost is contingent on it its inclusion in GAA then, it will go the usual way of AFP purchases.

  10. #10
    It's for real. The acquisition cost is all-in.

    The PCG is not under the AFP, it is under the DOTC.

  11. #11
    soundscapes blue_tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    behind d waterfall
    wow. good news. this has been a long overdue. eherm ninanakaw na yata ang mga aquatic resources natin ng ibang bansa.

  12. #12
    british english? by jove he's got it. lol!!! what about british welsh, is that different from regular welsh? just like british scottish, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Migs42 View Post
    Aside from different spellings, there are terms that only exist in British English.

    If I'm a coast guard newbie and I can understand English then I'm sure I can read the manual without difficulty except maybe for a few words.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by kantoking View Post
    It's for real. The acquisition cost is all-in.

    The PCG is not under the AFP, it is under the DOTC.
    I know but purchases like that of helicopters are the usual domain of AFP. My reference to AFP, obviously, was in connection with Congress' habit of not appropriating for maintenance and operations.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_tracer View Post
    wow. good news. this has been a long overdue. eherm ninanakaw na yata ang mga aquatic resources natin ng ibang bansa.
    Yes sir, these new choppers will greatly enhance the PCG's search and rescue and EEZ patrol capabilities.

  15. #15
    soundscapes blue_tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    behind d waterfall
    teka lang, puro rin naman airbus (A319/A320) ang planes ng cebu pac.. may A330 rin ang phil. airlines.. nahirapan din kaya sila sa manuals? eh hindi american english yun. he he he

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Advertisement

Hot Topics

TRAVEL:

How do you prefer to carry your valuables while traveling? Answer our poll here!

How do you prefer to carry your valuables while traveling? Answer our poll here!

read more
PBA:

Meralco hands Blackwater its fifth loss in 87-72 rout

Meralco hands Blackwater its fifth loss in 87-72 rout

read more
PAGEANTS:

Who do you think will win Ms. Earth-Philippines this Sunday?

Who do you think will win Ms. Earth-Philippines this Sunday?

read more
QUIZ NIGHT:

Do you want to be on top? Join the Top Model Quiz Night hosted by Hyda Banks!

Do you want to be on top? Join the Top Model Quiz Night hosted by Hyda Banks!

read more
PROMO:

Win 'San Andreas' shirts and other premium items in our movie promo here!

Win 'San Andreas' shirts and other premium items in our movie promo here!

read more