PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: DLSU Completes Comeback Win vs UE

Prince Rivero came up big in the clutch, scoring two crucial baskets to help DLSU complete comeback bid over UE, 60-58

read more

Prepare to Go Into the Storm

From New Line Cinema, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, comes the tornado disaster film Into the Storm.

read more

Tolomia: FEU Needs to Work on Defense

Mike Tolomia says his squad still needs to improve their defense if they want to contend this season.

read more

Review: Hercules

Bordering on ridiculous, Dwayne Johnson delivers and Hercules is a fun and entertaining ride.

read more

The Unique Heroes of Marvel's Guardians

Know more about Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket.

read more

PHOTOS: Army Survives Ateneo Scare

Army wins against Ateneo despite blowing off a two-set lead, 25-22, 25-13, 28-30, 20-25, 16-14.

read more

apol, bottom, cheen-cheens! shotshooter's Avatar

Pdos Seminar

hi everyone! i'd like to ask kung paano yung process ng sa inyo? I got my visa today and yung uncle and auntie ko yung flight na gusto nila i-book is July 3. Mahaba ba yung process ng PDOS? I have to leave within a week daw.

* I hope sa tamang area ko siya na post. hehe. have a great day everyone!

Pa schedule ka na ASAP. Then just show up, do some paperwork and then sit there for 2 hours. Nothing exciting, just basic info about the country you're going to, where Phil. consulates are etc etc. They collect your passport at the start of the seminar and then give it back at the end with the stamp/sticker on it. You can finish it all in one day.

Here ya go! Complete steps : http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?opti...=234&Itemid=33

May nakasabay nga akong isang pamilya, bitbit na mga bagahe nila. Yung seminar ends at 4 pm, flight nila 7:30 pm. Ok naman You'll be fine, just make sure all your requirements are complete.

PS: I registered for the 10 am seminar but got caught in traffic so I ended up attending the 2 pm one. But still don't forget:

Important Reminder: Effective January 2008, all emigrants attending the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) and Peer Counseling at CFO Manila must reserve a slot in the session, five (5) working days prior to the intended date of attendance. Reservation for the orientation / counseling sessions can be made through the telephone by calling the PDOS reservation line at (02) 563-1965 or 561-8321 local 103, or through on-line reservation

Quote Originally Posted by shotshooter View Post
    hi everyone! i'd like to ask kung paano yung process ng sa inyo? I got my visa today and yung uncle and auntie ko yung flight na gusto nila i-book is July 3. Mahaba ba yung process ng PDOS? I have to leave within a week daw.

* I hope sa tamang area ko siya na post. hehe. have a great day everyone!
    Immigrant visa and working visa lang may PDOS.

For working visa, inquire with POEA.

http://www.poea.gov.ph/ARTA_ISO/PDOS.pdf

As a Filipino emigrant, or those who have been granted an immigrant-class visa, you are required by the Philippine Government by virtue of Article 19 of Presidential Decree No. 442, , to register with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas before leaving the country to settle in a foreign land. An emigrant who has properly registered with the commission will have in his passport the CFO sticker which will be inspected by the Bureau of Immigration upon departure.
    Registration to the CFO requires the emigrant to first make a reservation for a scheduled visit to the office to present originals and photocopies of relevant documents, fill out a registration form for Emigrants (click here) or for Immigrant Workers (click here), attend the Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) or the Peer Counseling Seminar, and pay the authorized registration fee. The PDOS is a brief, two-hour seminar on settlement issues and concerns such as finding employment, rights and obligations of immigrants as well as policies and procedures on how to secure foreign citizenship. The Peer Counseling Seminar is a special session for those with ages 13 to 19 years, which aims to prepare them emotionally for the adjustments they will have to take.

Provided that all requirements have been presented and submitted, the whole process of registration shall be done in half a day.

Check this link ---> http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?opti...=297&Itemid=77

Quote Originally Posted by alex_rain View Post
    Pa schedule ka na ASAP. Then just show up, do some paperwork and then sit there for 2 hours. Nothing exciting, just basic info about the country you're going to, where Phil. consulates are etc etc. They collect your passport at the start of the seminar and then give it back at the end with the stamp/sticker on it. You can finish it all in one day.

Here ya go! Complete steps : http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?opti...=234&Itemid=33

May nakasabay nga akong isang pamilya, bitbit na mga bagahe nila. Yung seminar ends at 4 pm, flight nila 7:30 pm. Ok naman You'll be fine, just make sure all your requirements are complete.

PS: I registered for the 10 am seminar but got caught in traffic so I ended up attending the 2 pm one. But still don't forget:

Important Reminder: Effective January 2008, all emigrants attending the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) and Peer Counseling at CFO Manila must reserve a slot in the session, five (5) working days prior to the intended date of attendance. Reservation for the orientation / counseling sessions can be made through the telephone by calling the PDOS reservation line at (02) 563-1965 or 561-8321 local 103, or through on-line reservation
    i called their office, walang sumasagot. nakalimutan ko holiday pala sa manila.

hmm, question ulit, yung "registration day" and the actual PDOS day, magkaibang araw sila right? like registration today, PDOS tomorrow. parang ganun ba?

nagpa sked ako online, july 1 yung target date ko, pero i'll try to double check tomorrow, mas okay if tao yung kausap.

Quote Originally Posted by virstud View Post

As a Filipino emigrant, or those who have been granted an immigrant-class visa, you are required by the Philippine Government by virtue of Article 19 of Presidential Decree No. 442, , to register with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas before leaving the country to settle in a foreign land. An emigrant who has properly registered with the commission will have in his passport the CFO sticker which will be inspected by the Bureau of Immigration upon departure.
    Registration to the CFO requires the emigrant to first make a reservation for a scheduled visit to the office to present originals and photocopies of relevant documents, fill out a registration form for Emigrants (click here) or for Immigrant Workers (click here), attend the Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) or the Peer Counseling Seminar, and pay the authorized registration fee. The PDOS is a brief, two-hour seminar on settlement issues and concerns such as finding employment, rights and obligations of immigrants as well as policies and procedures on how to secure foreign citizenship. The Peer Counseling Seminar is a special session for those with ages 13 to 19 years, which aims to prepare them emotionally for the adjustments they will have to take.

Provided that all requirements have been presented and submitted, the whole process of registration shall be done in half a day.

hello there! thanks sa reply. immigrant visa yung akin, so i have to attend.

i called their office, walang sumasagot. nakalimutan ko holiday pala sa manila.

hmm, question ulit, yung "registration day" and the actual PDOS day, magkaibang araw sila right? like registration today, PDOS tomorrow. parang ganun ba?

nagpa sked ako online, july 1 yung target date ko, pero i'll try to double check tomorrow, mas okay if tao yung kausap.
    Sa akin I finished everything in one day kasi the registration was right before the seminar. Mabilis lang naman yun, probably won't even take 30 minutes. Pero oo nga tawag ka na rin para sure. Sabi naman :

Note: Emigrants attending the PDOS or Peer Counseling Session must be at the CFO office at least 1 hour before their schedule to complete the registration requirements.

Oh I see. thank you alex_rain. san ka nga pala nag migrate? i'm nervous.

Dito sa US. Relax lang, you'll feel out of place sa simula pero masasanay ka rin promise Ikaw saan? Mas mahirap pa nga sa akin yung kapag naho-homesick ako...

sa US din ako. sana same state tayo!

sana may office na ngayon. may nakita na akong flight. 17 hours lang, the rest ng nakita ko 24 hours and above na. ayaw ko nun.

sana makisama ang PDOS sa sked.

naalala ko yung Pdos ko, more than 3 years ago. masaya nung una, kasi makakaalis na, tapos kasama ko friends ko, apat kaming aalis. so iba excited. tapos may mga nag drama sa harap namin, tungkol sa homesickness and culture shock, suddenly the feeling turned to anxiety and loneliness.

bigla kaming naiyak sa galleria, parang ayaw na naming umalis dahil sa families namin. haaay. pero so far ito naman, masaya naman. and mas ok ngayon dahil may YM na, so di ka masyadong malulungkot, anytime you can talk to your friends and family in the Philippines.

sa US din ako. sana same state tayo!

sana may office na ngayon. may nakita na akong flight. 17 hours lang, the rest ng nakita ko 24 hours and above na. ayaw ko nun.

sana makisama ang PDOS sa sked.
    Sa New York ako ngayon. Dami ring Pinoy dito lalo na sa Woodside. Yung flight ko 17 hours lang din, Northwest Airlines (Delta na ngayon) Manila-Tokyo-Minneapolis.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkilove View Post
    naalala ko yung Pdos ko, more than 3 years ago. masaya nung una, kasi makakaalis na, tapos kasama ko friends ko, apat kaming aalis. so iba excited. tapos may mga nag drama sa harap namin, tungkol sa homesickness and culture shock, suddenly the feeling turned to anxiety and loneliness.

bigla kaming naiyak sa galleria, parang ayaw na naming umalis dahil sa families namin. haaay. pero so far ito naman, masaya naman. and mas ok ngayon dahil may YM na, so di ka masyadong malulungkot, anytime you can talk to your friends and family in the Philippines.
    Ako naman nung nagpaalam sa friends and Kuya ko parang biruan lang, sabi ko pa naman babalik rin ako agad. Pero nung pasakay na ko ng eroplano tapos nag take off na sya hala maluha-luha na talaga ako Tama, exciting pero nakakalungkot rin once na realize mo ang dami mong iiwan. Buti nga may ym at facebook na at least lagi pa ring in touch. Napupuyat nga lang ako minsan kaka antay sa kanilang magising at mag online

Quote Originally Posted by alex_rain View Post
    Sa New York ako ngayon. Dami ring Pinoy dito lalo na sa Woodside. Yung flight ko 17 hours lang din, Northwest Airlines (Delta na ngayon) Manila-Tokyo-Minneapolis.
    wow! kinakabahan na ako. iniisip ko din yung adjustments, pero para sa family ko din naman yun, kaya kailangan dapat kayanin. marami namang pinoy, kaya parang nasap inas ka pa din.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkilove View Post

nakaka emo tong post na to. ano ba yan. tutulugan ko nalang yung PDOS. ayoko ng madrama. ambigat sa loob. haha! mag isa pa naman ao mag travel, kaya nakakalungkot.

Is this absolutely necessary? Wha is the risk to US emigrant who leaves without attending the PDOS and without accomplishing the registration at the COF?

Quote Originally Posted by agentnonoy View Post
    Is this absolutely necessary? Wha is the risk to US emigrant who leaves without attending the PDOS and without accomplishing the registration at the COF?
    I accompanied emigrants who went to the PDOS and they attest to the great value and importance of the PDOS.

Beginning December 1, 2010, no reservations needed. Click on the link below for more information :

www.cfo.gov.ph

16. Advertisement

hello there!! im a newbie. my hubby and i are leaving for canada in july. we were advised na kaylangan na namin umattend ng pdos as required ng philippine government. sa mga nakapagpdos jan recently, pashare naman about your experience. manggagaling pa kasi kami sa bulacan. we need to know kung kaylangan ba 5am pa lang nakapila na don parang yung nangyari recently sa pila ng nbi clearance haha kaya ba talaga ng 1 day lang? sana may magshare

good morning! tanong ko lang kung may idea ka about pdos for emigrants?

good morning! tanong ko lang kung may idea ka ba about gano katagal kumuha ng pdos for emigrants? last year kasi nung kumuha ako nbi clearance as early as 3am may pila na para di ka maubusan ng slot for that day. tapos hindi ko rin naman nakuha that day yung clearance. ganyan din ba yung pdos for canada?
    Quote Originally Posted by virstud View Post