PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: DLSU Completes Comeback Win vs UE

Prince Rivero came up big in the clutch, scoring two crucial baskets to help DLSU complete comeback bid over UE, 60-58

read more

PHOTOS: Cagayan upsets Army

Cagayan Valley Rising Sun hands Philippine Army its first loss through 4 sets, 27-25, 20-25, 25-23, 25-22

read more

Review: Hercules

Bordering on ridiculous, Dwayne Johnson delivers and Hercules is a fun and entertaining ride.

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 2

Are the Blue Eagles back on top again? Check out this week's PEx UAAP Season 77 Basketball Power Rankings.

read more

The Unique Heroes of Marvel's Guardians

Know more about Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket.

read more

Prepare to Go Into the Storm

From New Line Cinema, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, comes the tornado disaster film Into the Storm.

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Diskriminasyon ng mga Pilipino sa kapwa pilipino?

It never is exclusive to just Pinoys.

It happens to everyone. The degree of discrimination varies from a simple smirk to employment denial.

stumbled upon
    clawed_out, date tayo.

Foreign Contaminant! caryatid_kitten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kulotz5555 View Post
    Everybody has their biases. Culturally, we tend to have very strong biases for or a against a certain "group" we don't identify it - - whether "regionally" (Visayan? Ilocano? Caviteno?) or socio-economic status (Upper class, middle class, lower class), etc.

That's why Pinoy's should be very careful about accusing other nationalities and or races about being racist. I honestly think numero-uno tayo sa pag-discriminate and I think much of it is because of our history. It will take a conscious effort for one to set aside his biases as he grows older.

Banned by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Erythra View Post
    clawed_out, date tayo.
    lahat na lang dinate mo Erythra

As long as discrimination is BASED ON MERIT, it's all good. It is dumb to treat everyone equally.

-Just_JT
    Neither.race.creed.nor.gender.

kissed by a rose
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST_JT View Post
    As long as discrimination is BASED ON MERIT, it's all good. It is dumb to treat everyone equally.

-Just_JT
    Neither.race.creed.nor.gender.
    I have to strongly agree with this. As they say unfair discrimination can be two kinds. Not favoring someone just because they are members of a minority group. OR favoring someone simply because they belong to a minority group. Discrimination happens to everyone, and racism comes with all colors black white yellow brown purple or orange. In fact in my experience dealing with various races I found N!ggers to be the most racist.

N!ggers will turn anything into a racial issue when their backs are against the wall. Heck thanks to a race card, OJ simpson got off the hook for murder. You arrest them for petty crimes, they say its racism. You complain that they cuss to much, they say its racism. You fire them for consistently being late for work, they say its racism. You ask them if they accept credit cards they say its racism.

What you people need to understand is that many of us proudly live up to the negative stereotypes given to our respective ethnicity. In the case of n!ggers, they proudly shout to the world that they are thugs, low lives, savages, and drug addicts. If you listen to 50 cent or gangsta rap, it has nothing on it but endless verses how “gangsta” it is to drop school, join local gangs, be a thug, kill people, and most of all consistently smoke weed and crack everyday. Then if you bring this up to them, they say you are simply being racist.

Sa mga pinoy naman, eto yung pinaka-notable. Naalala ko yung mangilan ngilang seasons ng PBB. Kapag me isang house mate na nakitang di nag-flush ng inidoro, o kaya di marunong gumamit ng toilet paper yun at yun na lang ang magiging recurring theme ng show for an entire week. Not only is it in the show itself but it will also be in the 6 o clock news, in the newspaper, radio, and everywhere else. It will be the talk of the town for months, like its something na nakakatuwa. Then when some Hollywood personality pokes fun about pinoys having a poor toilet habbit we cry foul and discrimination.

Nowadays, discrimination exists everywhere. It's not just based on the color of the skin, unlike the old days. Now it's broader, race, gender, preference, personal hygiene, religion/beliefs, social status.
    I believe that discrimination will not stop not unless we truly RESPECT each other's individuality.

Grok Offline or Go Pfft! LodRose's Avatar
    i think hindi naman maiiwasang mag-box ng tao, it gives us a level of comfort - kahit papano appearances count, titles matter at some point

when i was staying overseas, i steered clear of the pinoy community except for a few folk (na hindi ko rin madalas kitain ha) dahil sa nag iingat ako base sa mga nababasa at naririnig kong horror stories

Quote Originally Posted by jiggybabymiggz View Post
    Nowadays, discrimination exists everywhere. It's not just based on the color of the skin, unlike the old days. Now it's broader, race, gender, preference, personal hygiene, religion/beliefs, social status.
    I believe that discrimination will not stop not unless we truly RESPECT each other's individuality.
    We don't have to respect it.

All we have to do is acknowledge it.

RESPECT is earned.

Quote Originally Posted by clawed_out View Post

RESPECT is earned.
    Well I believe in Respect more than acknowledgment.

Quote Originally Posted by clawed_out View Post

RESPECT is earned.
    sabi ng prof ko dati..respect is something to be earned not demanded..pero sana mahiya naman kayo hehehehehe...

^ that's the problem with a lot of people.

Just because they give respect, they expect to be respected.

Something is wrong with that.

^^ It's what you call civil-coexistence.

I believe that discrimination exists because of being self-righteous. Madali tumingin ng mali ng iba at flaws or imperfection ng iba, pero yung mga flaws, o mali nya hindi nakikita.

Lahat dyan nag-uugat. Kung parati ka tama at mali ang iba sa pananaw mo, then, discriminating ka na. I guess if people will learn how to be civil about other's beliefs and individuality and know when not to cross the boundaries then I guess walang discrimination.

That's another way to look at it.

Acknowledging other people and being civil with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonei View Post
    Sa mga pinoy naman, eto yung pinaka-notable. Naalala ko yung mangilan ngilang seasons ng PBB. Kapag me isang house mate na nakitang di nag-flush ng inidoro, o kaya di marunong gumamit ng toilet paper yun at yun na lang ang magiging recurring theme ng show for an entire week. Not only is it in the show itself but it will also be in the 6 o clock news, in the newspaper, radio, and everywhere else. It will be the talk of the town for months, like its something na nakakatuwa. Then when some Hollywood personality pokes fun about pinoys having a poor toilet habbit we cry foul and discrimination.
    I think this is not unique to Pinoys. Mas masakit pag outsider ang nagsasabi ng bad stereotypes. Chris Rock can make fun of black people (even use the N word) but if it's a white guy delivering those lines, racism na. When Jeff Foxworthy delivers redneck jokes, it's considered funny. Pero kung isang comic from Northeast siguro, it will be insulting to the southerners.

Isa pang halimbawa, 2 gay Pinoy guys can call each other "bakla" pero pag hindi gay ang tumawag, insulto ang term na yun.

Re: blacks. Naalala ko lang nagkaisyu some months back dito (north Texas) when a black city councilor accused a white guy of racism because the white guy referred to the mess the council was encountering as a "black hole". Bakit daw tinawag na black at hindi white

7000 islands, 100s of dialects, different religous beliefs on top of the mestizo, chinoy, and malay features... be glad and be proud that your country with all these varying cultures never went into ethnic cleansing mode.

sa pinas, i think its always about the social status.

and also religous beliefs.
    in my work before, i saw the application of employment of contstruction workers denied for the reason of them just being muslims.

kahit na kumpleto sa requirements at merong sapat na work experience, hindi pa din sila tinanggap.

Banned by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by iconic View Post
    sa pinas, i think its always about the social status.

and also religous beliefs.
    in my work before, i saw the application of employment of contstruction workers denied for the reason of them just being muslims.

kahit na kumpleto sa requirements at merong sapat na work experience, hindi pa din sila tinanggap.
    i guess it's the prerogative of an employer to hire the applicant or not.. if the employer will find the applicant with contradicting values/vision or not sharing common values with the organization, then it is justifiable and i do not see it as discrimination in the workplace..

It is not discrimination (in general), but it is sharing the common values, customs and beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by maccie View Post
    i guess it's the prerogative of an employer to hire the applicant or not.. if the employer will find the applicant with contradicting values/vision or not sharing common values with the organization, then it is justifiable and i do not see it as discrimination in the workplace..

It is not discrimination (in general), but it is sharing the common values, customs and beliefs.
    tinanggap din nila eventually, nung sobrang na-behind schedule na yung project at kinailangan na nila ng mas maraming tao.

natapos naman yung project ng maayos at hindi nagkaproblema sa mga muslim kagaya nung unang kinakatakot nung contractor. kahit napilitan lang sila.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast