PEx Highlights

FEATURE: Gilas Going for Gold in Asian Games

For the next two weeks, Gilas Pilipinas will once more be in the spotlight in search for our first basketball gold medal in the Asian Games since 1962.

read more

The Naked Truth Scene Stealers

Here are some clear runway winners people are talking about in the recently held Bench fashion show, The Naked Truth.

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Outmuscles La Salle, Claim #2 Seed

The FEU Tamaraws secured the #2 seed in the Final Four after beating the DLSU Green Archers, 65-60.

read more

UAAP End of Eliminations Power Rankings

Fun times in Katipunan, the streaking Red Warriors and a very happy Norbert Torres. All that and more in this week's power rankings!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: Wish I Was Here

Joey King breaks out in her role in a pretty decent dramedy, Wish I Was Here.

read more

PHOTOS: NU Books Final Four Slot

Bong Galanza blew a chance to win it for UE in the dying seconds of the game, failing to secure a comeback win. National U came out as victors, 51-49.

read more

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by spacejam View Post
    globe wimax is way better than this smart bro wimax trust me!
    On paper, better is Smart BRO WIMAX, 1Mbps (w/o Capping) @ P999MSF w/ FREE Installation vs Globe WIMAX, up to 1Mbps (w/ 25GBs/mo. Capping) @ P995MSF w/ P500 Set-up Fee but actual experience/speed, whether Smart BRO or Globe WIMAX, is dependent on location from WIMAX Cellsite, computer specs, website congestion and number of people online!

I have a smartbro canopy type sya,(wala kaming connection for 1 1/2 months, then pumunta yung contractor samin at ang sabi nila eh mahina na ang signal sa area namin, suggest nila eh mag Wimax na lang ako). Malakas po kaya ang signal ng wimax sa area namin, (Phase 5A Bagong Silang Caloocan City) North Caloocan po ito.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by theroborat View Post
    I have a smartbro canopy type sya,(wala kaming connection for 1 1/2 months, then pumunta yung contractor samin at ang sabi nila eh mahina na ang signal sa area namin, suggest nila eh mag Wimax na lang ako). Malakas po kaya ang signal ng wimax sa area namin, (Phase 5A Bagong Silang Caloocan City) North Caloocan po ito.

Give Exact Service Address w/ nearest roads to verify!

If malapit ka sa Langit Road at malapi-lapit rin sa Tala High School(?), asper Smart BRP Mapping Info:

Area: Manila Metropolitan Area Map View: Street Level
    Region: NCR - National Capital Region Map Name: CA_MMLA_STREET 1-5
    Province: Metro Manila Grid Number: E7
    City: CALOOCAN CITY Section Number: BL

Residential Coverage Results
    COVERAGE SUMMARY
    Connection Type Status
    CANOPY Covered
    3G Covered
    HSPA Covered
    HSDPA Covered
    WIMAX Not Covered

So, not sure if w/ Smart BRO WIMAX na but actual field testing ang final confirmation if OK or not ang WIMAX sa service area!

If malapit ka sa Iglesia ni Kristo/Tatak-Kubo St. sa bandang ibaba pa, possibleng OK ang wi-tribe 4G Internet?!
    Last edited by add616reneb; Jul 13, 2011 at 10:58 AM.

The Godfather..
    I have the old and new versions of the smart wimax modems, one is 1mbps and the other is 2mbps, everything works flawlessly since I got them. But the new version of the modem keeps on blinking since yesterday, I even left it for 9hours but it still keeps on blinking (the 5 lights that indicates the signal), anyone knows what is the problem or how I can fix it? thanks in advance for your replies! Hindi naman ito signal issue cos the old version of the modem is working fine.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I have the old and new versions of the smart wimax modems, one is 1mbps and the other is 2mbps, everything works flawlessly since I got them. But the new version of the modem keeps on blinking since yesterday, I even left it for 9hours but it still keeps on blinking (the 5 lights that indicates the signal), anyone knows what is the problem or how I can fix it? thanks in advance for your replies! Hindi naman ito signal issue cos the old version of the modem is working fine.

Ano ang old and new versions of WIMAX Modems? AFAIK, Motorola ang brand ng Smart WIMAX Modem!

Try to reset the Modem by turning off and on again after 3-5 secs.

Call 6727277 Smart BRO Cust. Care (24/7) for all concerns about Smart BRO!

Last edited by add616reneb; Jul 13, 2011 at 12:18 PM.

The Godfather..
    old version is the motorola cpei 23750 model
    new version is the motorola cpei 23825 model (smaller than the previous)

I see a reset button, but if I press it baka hindi na irecognize ng smart yung 2mpbs connection ko at bumalik sa factory setting.

I already called earlier but to no avail

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    old version is the motorola cpei 23750 model
    new version is the motorola cpei 23825 model (smaller than the previous)

I see a reset button, but if I press it baka hindi na irecognize ng smart yung 2mpbs connection ko at bumalik sa factory setting.

I already called earlier but to no avail

Motorola CPEI 23750

Motorola CPEi 23825 modem

Sa system, dapat naka set lagi sa 2Mbps ang speed if ito ang plan ng Modem mo. Turn off and turn on the Modem after 3- 5 secs. Dapat power-on muna ang lights, the running lights, then blinking at finally steady na in about 1-2 minutes at online na dapat!

OK to push the Reset Button to correct any technical problem about the modem, connection, etc. Parang nag-reset ka lang ng PC if with problem sa PC!
    Last edited by add616reneb; Jul 13, 2011 at 01:11 PM.

The Godfather..
    thanks for the reply add616reneb,

I did everything but to no avail again...

Since Smart has poor customer support, you can't even contact them directly and talk to a human being about your problem, guess I'll just send my modem to a wireless center and have it replace.

I just don't get it really, the modem is still working since my pc can still communicate with it. When i do a ping test using ipconfig in the command prompt or even renew its ip address. The lights just doesn't want to remain steady, *sigh*

Cool

=Myst;57344460]thanks for the reply add616reneb,

I did everything but to no avail again...

Since Smart has poor customer support, you can't even contact them directly and talk to a human being about your problem, guess I'll just send my modem to a wireless center and have it replace.

I just don't get it really, the modem is still working since my pc can still communicate with it. When i do a ping test using ipconfig in the command prompt or even renew its ip address. The lights just doesn't want to remain steady, *sigh*
    Tiyagaan lang talag kapag tatawag sa Smart BRO Cust. Care due marami ring tumatawag na iba at matagal kang maghintay to get through!

The best siguro na dalhin ang Smart BRO WIMAX Modem sa nearest Smart Wireless Ctr. para check-up and possible replacement due malamang may sira na ito?!

Anung frequency ang gamit ng Smart sa Wimax nila? Pag mas mataas na frequency kasi i.e. 2100, 1900, mas maliit ang coverage radius tsaka mas mahina ang penetration. Sa mga nagkakaproblem sa speed nila, i would advise moving the modem closer to the window. Since Wimax uses Microwaves as signal, mag iimprove ang speed pag walang obstruction. If alam nyo *** position ng Smart Wimax Tower, mas maganda i position nyo yung modem as much as possible in the direct line of sight ng tower.

i have a question. portable ba ang wireless broadband subscription? or location specific sya?

kung magsubscribe ako sa wimax dito sa qc, can i bring my modem to iloilo assuming na meron din wimax signal doon?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by yvesdrop View Post
    i have a question. portable ba ang wireless broadband subscription? or location specific sya?

kung magsubscribe ako sa wimax dito sa qc, can i bring my modem to iloilo assuming na meron din wimax signal doon?
    wi-tribe 4G internet is completely transportable so you can bring it with you and use it anywhere wi-tribe’s 4G internet service is available. Presently service is w/in Greater Metro-Manila including Antipolo, Binangonan, Tanay, San Mateo, parts of Bacoor, Cavite, parts of San Pedro, and Binan, Laguna, etc. No service yet in Iloilo, but later on definitely yes when wi-tribe 4G goes nationwide!

Quote Originally Posted by add616reneb View Post
    wi-tribe 4G internet is completely transportable so you can bring it with you and use it anywhere wi-tribe’s 4G internet service is available. Presently service is w/in Greater Metro-Manila including Antipolo, Binangonan, Tanay, San Mateo, parts of Bacoor, Cavite, parts of San Pedro, and Binan, Laguna, etc. No service yet in Iloilo, but later on definitely yes when wi-tribe 4G goes nationwide!

thanks for the info. transportable din ba ang smart at globe? meron na ba silang wireless broadband (wimax, 4g) sa iloilo?

i'm planning to subscribe to a wireless broadband but i'll be shuttling between manila and iloilo. ako lang ang gagamit nito here in manila. i'm thinking i'm not maximizing my use of my subscription if i can't use it in iloilo where i'll be staying 1 to 2 weeks each month.

sayang i'm considering pa naman wi-tribe kasi malakas ang signal nila dito sa amin sa qc.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by yvesdrop View Post
    thanks for the info. transportable din ba ang smart at globe? meron na ba silang wireless broadband (wimax, 4g) sa iloilo?

i'm planning to subscribe to a wireless broadband but i'll be shuttling between manila and iloilo. ako lang ang gagamit nito here in manila. i'm thinking i'm not maximizing my use of my subscription if i can't use it in iloilo where i'll be staying 1 to 2 weeks each month.

sayang i'm considering pa naman wi-tribe kasi malakas ang signal nila dito sa amin sa qc.
    Get Globe TATTOO WIMAX/ 4G Internet, up to 1Mbps @ P995MSF w/ P500 Set-up Fee payable upon Installation w/n 3-5 days! Service address mo should be in Quezon City. The Globe TATTOO WIMAX Desktop Modem comes w/n an External Antena to boost signal but could be portable if detached from antena! Check link to apply:

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/...396380&page=32

hi guys, share ko lang experience ko sa smart bro wimax. applied for the plan 999, had it installed last saturday, worked perfect UNTIL friday, boom, stuck sa running lights. already have a case opened for this and been calling for this ever since it stopped working. exhausted all troubleshooting steps for this but reps have concluded this is indeed an issue on their end. just want to find out:

1) how to find out where the nearest access point/tower is in Cainta area
    2) do I need to escalate this already since despite their efforts they can't make this modem work?
    3) is it recommended to use it with a router if to be used on 2-3 computers?

more questions to come I guess...praying this'll pass so I could give a better testimony for smart bro wimax service.

16. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by add616reneb View Post
    Get Globe TATTOO WIMAX/ 4G Internet, up to 1Mbps @ P995MSF w/ P500 Set-up Fee payable upon Installation w/n 3-5 days! Service address mo should be in Quezon City. The Globe TATTOO WIMAX Desktop Modem comes w/n an External Antena to boost signal but could be portable if detached from antena! Check link to apply:

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/...396380&page=32

thanks for that tip. i'll be in iloilo next week. i'll ask about globe and smart wireless broadband. i heard meron na daw wimax ang globe doon. i'll find out.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by llama View Post
    hi guys, share ko lang experience ko sa smart bro wimax. applied for the plan 999, had it installed last saturday, worked perfect UNTIL friday, boom, stuck sa running lights. already have a case opened for this and been calling for this ever since it stopped working. exhausted all troubleshooting steps for this but reps have concluded this is indeed an issue on their end. just want to find out:

2) do I need to escalate this already since despite their efforts they can't make this modem work?

more questions to come I guess...praying this'll pass so I could give a better testimony for smart bro wimax service.
    Dalhin mo ang Smart BRO WIMAX Modem mo se ibang areas na sure na may signal at doon mo testing if running lights or mag-steady ito! If running lights, malamang may defect and unit at papalitan mo na lang sa nearest Smart Wireless Ctr. (Sta. Lucia Mall).

OK to connect ang Modem sa Wi-Fi router to share internet access!

The Godfather..
    Quote Originally Posted by llama View Post

Parehas pala tayo ng problema. Just read my posts above.
    Despite going to more than 5 wireless centers, 2 service centers, made more than 30 calls, talked with more than 10 agents, they still cannot identify the problem nor can they give a solution eh July 12 na ako running lights kahit na yung isa kong wimax ok naman. Since you said you applied just a week ago, I still they gave you the new version of the modem, which is defective just like mine. Mabuti sana kung isususpend nila yung payment ko from July 12, hindi biro magbayad ng Php1995 per month kung wala silang mabigay na solution sa problema natin, pasa-pasahan lang sila, hindi alam kung saan ibibigay para ireplace.

Quote Originally Posted by brandoko View Post
    ang bagal pa din! not worth it. no improvement after almost two weeks!
    TS, bakit di mo sinasagot ang complaint na ito. puro recruit pero di naman maipaliwanag kung bakit nagloloko after ma-install.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by white rabbit View Post
    TS, bakit di mo sinasagot ang complaint na ito. puro recruit pero di naman maipaliwanag kung bakit nagloloko after ma-install.
    Call lang dapat sa (24/7) Smart BRO Customer Care at (02)6727277 via landline or at *1888 Toll FREE via SMart/TNT CPs for all concerns about Smart BRO especially technical problems!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast