Mukhang okay na rin yang entry level na Swatch watch ah? Can't wait to get mine on December.
The highest fan and issue threads will be posted weekly. Check out the gorgeous female celebrities that came out on top this week!read more
Fans just got a taste of what to expect this season. Here are the numbers that shaped the first week of UAAP volleyball action.read more
The DLSU Lady Spikers took a walk in the park as they dominated UST from start to finish with 25-8, 27-25, 25-13read more
Japeth Aguilar's trey and block saved the day as Barangay Ginebra escaped the Talk N Text Tropang Texters 97-95.read more
Mukhang okay na rin yang entry level na Swatch watch ah? Can't wait to get mine on December.
Doc A, 'yung 11K din ba ang pina-reserba mo? Sabay-sabay nating kunin ang ating mahal na Quadri Swatch sa Disyembre galing Switzerland. Hehehe.
400 years na tambakan. Ipasara na yan.
imbued with unending grace... to 400 years and beyond
yakkky ang chepangga ng watch nyahahaha
Ayan at makakaabot ako. Ang dating ko kasi galing Latin America ay sa Disyembre.
Kailan ba ilalabas 'yang UST Quadricentennial Coffee Table Book?
Ayan, bili tayo!
galileo_, ano na ang balita sa commemorative coins at stamps? Ang alam ko pumunta na si Prof. Fontanilla sa Mint and Refinery Operations Department ng Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas at sa Philippine Postal Office, pero ano na kaya ang balita tungkol dun?
UST@400 peso bills
IN COMMEMORATION of the upcoming quadricentennial celebration of the University of Santo Tomas in 2011, the pontifical university has asked the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas to print a special series of bank notes with the UST logo.
To recall, the BSP had paid tribute to the University of the Philippines in 2008 with the overprint of the iconic UP Oblation on a limited edition of 100-peso notes in honor of the centennial anniversary of the premier state university. Such UP “Oble” bills drew as much frenzy, especially among alumni and collectors, as the misspelled “Arrovo” bills that slipped in circulation in 2005.
Unfortunately for UST, however, the country does not have existing bank notes denominated in P400 to exactly match its anniversary. The next best thing was thus to propose for an overprint of the UST logo on 200-peso banknotes with the year mark 2011. This ensures that Ateneo de Manila University won’t be the first to grace the P200-peso notes with its logo when its celebrates its 200th year in 2059.—Doris C. Dumlao
Bakit kaya hindi na lang yung mga peso bills na may thomasian ang lagyan ng logo ng UST? P20, si Quezon, P50, Osmena, P200 si Macapagal and P1000 kay Abad Santos. 4 bills at 400.
400 Books at 400
A project of the University where 400 book titles will be published by no less than the oldest printing press in the Philippines, the UST Publishing House. A coffee table book which will serve as the 400th title of the project will be published to commemorate UST's 400-year history, containing archival photographs, lithographs, and stories about the University's rich heritage. According to Giovanna Fontanilla, Office for Public Affairs Director, the said coffee table book would be out by 2010, to be followed by the 2011 supplement...
UST Quadricentennial Lectures
FROM THE OFFICE OF THE VICE RECTOR FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
SCHEDULE OF INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL CONFERENCES
* September 15 to October 1, 2010. TOURISM CONVENTION SERIES: Series of lectures on varied topics: from street food to quality education reforms, from street noise to cultural heritage; Organized by the College of Tourism and Hospitality Management
* September 30, 2010 CME Auditorium. NATIONAL CULTURAL TOURISM CONFERENCE. Featuring the Ambassadors of India, Myanmar, Pakistan, Romania, and the representatives of the Embassies of Spain, Russia and Turkey as well as the Philippine Department of Tourism as resource persons on the topic “The Prospects of International Cultural Tourism.” Organized by the College of Tourism and Hospitality Management
* October 20-21, 2010 Albertus Magnus Auditorium. NATIONAL CONVENTION FOR TEACHER EDUCATION. Features notable Thomasian educators and alumni as speakers; Organized by the Student Teachers Association of UST (STAUST)
* October 18-20, 2010 Benavides Auditorium. PAMBANSANG SEMINAR-WORKSYAP SA PAGPAPAIGTING NG KADALUBHASAAN SA WIKA AT PANITIKANG FILIPINO (PART 1). Seminar-workshop on current topics on Filipino language and culture that gathers teachers, curriculum planners, translators, scholarly and creative writers; Organized by the UST Department of Filipino
* October 21-23, 2010 Albertus Magnus Auditorium. 6TH JOINT CDCE-CETA CONGRESS, THEME: ACUMEN IN LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE TEACHING. (in collaboration with the UST Department of English)
* December 3-4, 2010 Civil Law Auditorium. 3RD PHILIPPINE PHARMACEUTICAL RESEARCH CONGRESS: TRENDS, INNOVATIONS, AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP – CONNECTING TIES IN PHARMACY. Gathers pharmaceutical scientists from industry, academe & government and provides a forum to present research outputs and interact with experts; Organized by the Faculty of Pharmacy and Research Cluster for Natural and Applied Sciences
* January 19-21, 2011. QUADRICENTENNIAL NUEROSCIENCE SUMMIT 2011 6TH ANNUAL SCIENTIFIC MEETING, UST NEUROSCIENCE. Aims to pique the interest in the neurosciences and behavioral medicine and provides a venue for sharing updates and current trends in the basic and advanced clinical aspects of neurology and psychiatry; features international; (as host)
* January 21-22, 2011 Manila Hotel. 4th THOMASIAN INTERNATIONAL NURSING CONFERENCE. Theme: “The Thomasian Nurse: Building the Church, the Home and the Nation…Our Birthright and Destiny” Organized by the College of Nursing
* January 26-28, 2011 Medicine Auditorium. INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF UNIVERSITIES OF ST. THOMAS AQUINAS (ICUSTA) INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE. Theme: “The Role of Universities in Fostering Catholic Principles in Public Life”; Gathers presidents/heads of foreign and local institutions of higher learning that adhere to the ideals and teachings of St. Thomas Aquinas
* February 2, 2011 TARC Auditorium. HONORARY PROFESSORIAL LECTURE IN CHEMISTRY. A lecture follows the bestowal of the Honorary Professor title to Prof. Salvador Alegret of the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona in recognition of his significant contribution to the development of Analytical Chemistry in the UST Department of Chemistry; Organized by the College of Science
* February 2011 Manila Hotel. EDU QUAD. An international conference on technologies for teaching and learning which focuses on the four cornerstones of technology integration in education: Quality, Universality, Access, and Development; serves as an opportunity to gather and link key administrators, scholars, researchers, and educational technologists from both the academe and the industry. Organized by the Educational Technology Center
* January 31 to February 2, 2011 TARC Auditorium. MECH EXPO 2011: NATIONAL MECHATRONICS AND ROBOTICS CONFERENCE AND EXPOSITION. Features research colloquium, seminar, competition, and exhibition on mechatronics and robotics; Organized by the Faculty of Engineering
* March 2011 Medicine Auditorium. 1st NURSING STUDENTS INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH CONFERENCE. Plenary and parallel sessions showcasing the scientific studies of nursing students in Asia; Organized by the Faculty of Nursing
* April 29 to May 7, 2011 CME Auditorium. 21ST PHILIPPINE ASSOCIATION OF ACADEMIC BIOCHEMIST: THE ANNUAL CONVENTION. (as host)
* May 19-20, 2011 TARC Auditorium. NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ENGLISH, ENGLISHES AND ENGLISHING IN THE MULTILINGUAL AND MULTIMEDIA ENVIRONMENTS. Organized by the UST Department of English
* May 19-20, 2011. MATHEMATICAL SOCIETY OF THE PHILIPPINES ANNUAL CONVENTION. (as host)
* May 23-26, 2011 Medicine Auditorium and TARC Auditorium. THOMISM AND ASIAN CULTURES: CELEBRATING 400 YEARS OF DIALOGUE ACROSS CIVILIZATIONS. An International Conference in Philosophy that features lectures from scholars representing at least 4 international organizations and 4 local associations in Philosophy; Organized by the Department of Philosophy
* September 15-16, 2011 Medicine Auditorium. CHEMISTRY NOBEL LAUREATES LECTURE FORUM. In celebration of the International Year of Chemistry in 2011, aims to inspire the Science students to pursue research in their respective fields and to give them the opportunity to interact with highly recognized scientists like the Nobel Laureates in Chemistry; includes a forum with high school students from public and private science high schools to encourage more Filipino students to pursue a profession in science and technology; Organized by the College of Science
* September 24, 2011 Medicine Auditorium. SPECIAL CONVOCATION ON THE ROLE OF THE UNIVERSITY VIS-A-VIS POVERTY ALLEVIATION IN THE 21ST CENTURY. Organized by the UST Graduate School
* October 2011 Benavides Auditorium. PAMBANSANG SEMINAR-WORKSYAP SA PAGPAPAIGTING NG KADALUBHASAAN SA WIKA AT PANITIKANG FILIPINO (PART 2). Seminar-workshop on current topics on Filipino language and culture that gathers teachers, curriculum planners, translators, scholarly and creative writers; Organized by the UST Department of Filipino
* October 20-22, 2011. TARC Auditorium. GLOBAL CONFERENCE ON ETHICS IN SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY. A gathering of prominent scientists & philosophers to a discourse on Ethics & the Applications of Emerging Technologies as they affect human welfare and shared security; Organized by the UST Graduate School and the Ecclesiastical Faculty of Philosophy
* October 23-25, 2011 TARC Auditorium. SOUTHEAST ASIAN CONFERENCE IN MEDICAL PHYSICS. (as host)
* October 2011 CME Auditorium. PHILIPPINE SOCIETY OF EXPERIMENTAL AND CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY ANNUAL CONVENTION. (as host)
* November 24-26, 2011 TARC Auditorium. ASIAN WOMEN FORUM: SEEDING CULTURES OF PEACE & DEVELOPMENT. A gathering of global women leaders & women of faith to a dialogue & conversation on the primordial role of women in peace facilitation; in mainstreaming an education for a culture of peace & dialogue; and in building an ecologically sustainable future for the world; Organized by the UST Graduate School and the Institute of Religion, in collaboration with Religions for Peace Asia
* November 29-December 2, 2011. 10TH WORLD CONGRESS OF THE INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF DACRYOLOGY AND DRY EYE. First time since 1982 that the international medical congress will be held in Manila, it gathers eminent ophthalmologists from all over the world devoted to the study and management of tear and lachrymal diseases; (as host)
* November 2011 Medicine Auditorium. LEGACIES OF THE UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS IN THE LAST 400 YEARS. An International Conference on the contributions of the University of Santo Tomas in the last 400 years across different disciplines and its major contributions to the Filipino Nation and the Asia-Pacific Region; Organized by the Faculty of Arts and Letters
* October 2012 Medicine Auditorium. 8th PAN PACIFIC CONFERENCE ON REHABILITATION. An international biennial conference which for the first time will be held outside Hong Kong; gathers rehabilitation specialists, including physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, and rehabilitation medical doctors and students; Organized by the College of Rehabilitation Sciences
^Thanks for sharing
I'm going to attend atleast 5 of those events
Interesado ako sa ACUMEN IN LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE TEACHING, pero tapos na pala. Hehehe.
'Yung NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ENGLISH, ENGLISHES AND ENGLISHING IN THE MULTILINGUAL AND MULTIMEDIA ENVIRONMENTS naman ay sa May 2011 pa. Wala na ako sa Pinas nun. Tsk, sayang.
UST Hosts 8th Christmas Concert Gala
The University of Santo Tomas (UST) ushers in the Yuletide season with the grand staging of the 8th UST Christmas Concert Gala on December 2, 6:30 p.m., at the Santisimo Rosario Parish Chapel.
Heralding this year’s concert gala is a stellar cast of Thomasian musical gems led by 2010 Choir of the World recipient UST Singers, the UST Symphony Orchestra, the UST Brass Ensemble, soprano Rachelle Gerodias, and pianist Raul Sunico, president of the Cultural Center of the Philippines and dean of the UST Conservatory of Music.
Coming off a dramatic victory in the 2010 Llangollen International Music Eistedfodd in North Wales last July, the UST Singers is set to perform four special numbers arranged by its conductor Prof. Fidel Calalang.
Gerodias on the other hand will sing Rejoice Greatly from “The Messiah” and Because of Who You Are shortly after Sunico plays Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker Suite joined by a group of ballerinas in the background.
Another highlight will be UST Symphony Orchestra conductor Prof. Herminigildo Ranera’s O Night Divine Medley (I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Silent Night, The First Noel, and It Came Upon the Midnight Clear) to be rendered by sopranos Nenen Alfornon, Thea Perez, and Naomi Sison and tenors Eugene delos Santos, Randy Gilongco and Coro Tomasino conductor Prof. Ronan Ferrer.
Other performers include Coro Tomasino (Tres Villacicos and Gising Na conducted by Ferrer), Liturgikon Vocal Ensemble and tenor Lemuel dela Cruz (Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee), and harpists Lourdes Gregorio and Christian Caragayan (Green sleeves – “What Child Is This”)
The UST Brass Ensemble opens the concert with Christmas Fanfare followed by the UST Symphony Orchestra’s Three Kings and Jingle Bells Around the World, with Ranera at the helm.
Pasko sa UST composed by Prof. Antonio Africa and Christmas Greetings reunite all performing choirs on stage with the UST Symphony Orchestra providing the musical accompaniment.
The musical festivity ends with the community singing of Adeste Fideles and Joy to the World.
Leading this year’s concert gala are chairpersons Fr. Isidro C. Abaño, O.P., executive director for Quadricentennial Activities and Highlights, and Ms. Maricris C. Zobel, art patroness.
ASSOC. PROF. GIOVANNA V. FONTANILLA
Office of Public Affairs
University of Santo Tomas
Tel no.: 731-3544, 406-1611 loc. 8315
Telefax no.: 740-9727