PEx Highlights

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1975.

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

PHOTOS: TNT Dismantle NLEX to Get First Win

The Talk N Text Tropang Texters made quick work of the NLEX Road Warriors, getting their first win of the Phillipine Cup, 103-81.

read more

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Rallies Past Blackwater

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters avoided an upset loss to the Blackwater Elite thanks to a late rally in the 4th quarter, 82-75.

read more

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

stereotypes based sa pinag aaralang university.

Hello mga colehiyalas and colehiyalos gusto ko lang malaman kung ano ang mga stereotypes na nakapaligid sa mga students from different universities wala ba o meron?

Oh, bakit walang ngrereply? Pero that's good, less chance ng school bashing.

DE LA SALLE-COLLEGE OF SAINT BENILDE
    - School for the super rich (mostly upper class, believe me), artistically inclined, creative and innovative kids and most likely just to earn a college degree for the sake of the diploma. Students studying here are mostly sons/daughters of politicians, artists (showbiz), big time business owners etc. They're pretty much lucky and privileged coz they get to choose the course they really wanted. It's really not up to there parents should i say.

Hi, new member here.

UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES
    * Aktibista (justified since UP actually encourages it.)
    * Mayayabang (Case to case. It 's just excessive school pride. It may appear as arrogance to many, however, given how competitive UP is. Take note that being somewhat mayabang is somewhat a stage in the life of the UP student.)
    *Matatalino (well, it's UP. That's enough said.)

ATENEO DE MANILA UNIVERSITY
    * Conyo (partly true, given majority of students there come from the upper class of society.)
    * Matatalino (ACET is difficult to pass, graduates are top notch. And it's Ateneo.)

DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY
    * Bobo (Fallacy. Lasallians are also in the top of their game when it comes to academics, it's just a stereotype that sprung out in the '70s when La Salle dominated intercollegiate Athletics.)
    * Rich-kids School (La Salle follows a trisem system. Tuition will cost you 100k plus per term.)
    * Conyo (same case as Ateneo.)

UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS
    * Religious (It is the most Catholic among all Catholic Schools in the country.)
    * Fallback of the first three (Case to case. Maraming Thomasians naman na talagang sa UST gusto, pero most of the time...ganun nga. But they are happy with UST.)

DE LA SALLE - COLLEGE OF ST. BENILDE
    * Fallback of La Salle (Fallacy. If La Salle was considered "bobo", then what about Benilde.....nope. It's just Benilde was designed to offer more modern and "unusual" courses to cater for those interested in learning something different. La Salle is kept "Orthrodox" in some way, offering the courses found in a Traditional University.

FAR EASTERN UNIVERSITY
    * Magaganda (Well, The Uniform for females in FEU is definitely eye-catching.)

Well, that's what I know so far. Will post if I learned something new.

STI / AMA:

Skwelahan ng mga JOLOGS!

Quote Originally Posted by benazhir View Post
    STI / AMA:

Skwelahan ng mga JOLOGS!
    Ang mean naman nito. HAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by benazhir View Post
    STI / AMA:

Skwelahan ng mga JOLOGS!
    May exlamation pa!

UNIVERSITY OF THE EAST
    * Known for it's Accountancy, Dentistry, Medicine (UERMMC) and Computer Programs since the old times
    * Students are mostly from the masses (any rank), common people...students have relations with one another
    * a populated university, having 3 different campuses around metro manila

NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
    *there was a time na kilala itong university sa ENGINEERING and it disappeared....the university is currently run by good management
    * only a few students...common people since maliit ang school (isang building lang ata)

ADAMSON UNIVERSITY
    * Father of Fraternities (mother ang U.P.) ..marami daw Activists sa school na ito dati (1970-80-90's no idea)...boycott you name it, although nowadays if they found out na may frat ka...u'll get expelled so lay low ang frat and students are disciplined
    *students are mixed, rich, common and poor, but the university caters less privileged people..providing scholarships for aspiring people..most affordable tuition fee among private U's given qualtiy education .dami rin foreigners

MAPUA INSTITUTE of TECHNOLOGY (MALAYAN)
    * ENGINEERING students, forte ng school eh
    * Expensive school for Engineering education (i heard from several Mapuan students na iniipit daw sila ng mga prof. and subjects are not offered on consecutive sems. so magbabayad ka pa rin daw at madedelay ka)
    * dunno know if this is a rich kid school since kung gusto maging engineer ang anak nila (parents)..they will do anything to spend for their sons and daughters to get a diploma from MAPUA

ARELLANO UNIVERSITY

*school for the common people particularly those who want to take NURSING ...forte ng school nila
    *campuses are scatterd around metro manila

University of the Philippines
    -aktibista
    -matatapang, matatalino, walang takot kanino, no, i'm not singing a cheer.

I believe it's harder to survive in DLSU than in ADMU given our trimestral system and retention policies.

11. Mar 20, 2011, 08:48 PM

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Hi, new member here.

DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY
    * Bobo (Fallacy. Lasallians are also in the top of their game when it comes to academics, it's just a stereotype that sprung out in the '70s when La Salle dominated intercollegiate Athletics.)
    * Rich-kids School (La Salle follows a trisem system. Tuition will cost you 100k plus per term.)

To be accurate its not 100k per trimester. Its only around 60k per Trimester.

For DLSU med school in Dasmarinas its 110k per Semester

Hi, new member here.

* Mayayabang (Case to case. It 's just excessive school pride. It may appear as arrogance to many, however, given how competitive UP is. Take note that being somewhat mayabang is somewhat a stage in the life of the UP student.)
    Hindi lahat ng UP Graduates ay matatalino. UPCAT passer lang, matalino na? Mas mahirap pa ang ACET. lol

Mayabang. Karamihan. Walang duda lalo na ang mga nasa Diliman campus. One example, may bagong hire sa company namin na graduate sa Diliman. Engineering grad. Siya ang pinadala ng agency sa Pilipinas. Sabi ng Gen. Mngr. sa akin, let's try UP Graduates. So oo naman kami.

Pa know-it-all ang ungas. May opinyon sa lahat ng bagay kahit hindi alam. Ganon ba talaga ang ibang UP graduates? Unang araw pa lang sa work, dumiretso na agad sa management. Madaldal lang. Nagmumukha lang may alam kasi mahusay nga namang mag-english. Complicated ang words na ginagamit sa sentences niya. Magaling na?

Amoy Diliman. Paikutin ba ang ibang empleyado. Hello. Malas niya lang at ako ang magiging boss niya. Manigas ka. Hindi puwede sa akin ang school pride. Ipakita mong maayos ka sa trabaho at may binatbat ka, or else, bumalik ka ng Pilipinas. UP Graduate ka nga talaga.

Heto pa, kapag nakipag-argue ka sa kanila (not all) at may point ka, I mean pareho kayong may point pero mas may sense ang point mo, sasabihan ka pang bitter (not all pero karamihan ganyan ang attitude).

OK lang sila?

^ Someone doesn't understand the word stereotype. )

And if I may say so, with words like ungas and amoy Diliman peppering your language, you do sound bitter. I wonder where you graduated from and what sort of experiences led you to such disposition. )

Maraming ganito sa workplace. UP grads are resented kasi fresh grads pa lang, they tend to bypass other tenured employees tapos mas malaki pa yung sweldo. In my last job, my pay was the same as editors and staff writers who've been in the company for more than five years.

mugiwara at UAAPIAN: nag-aral kayo sa lahat ng eskwelahan na pinost niyo? Please review the topic...

Mapua Institute of Technology
    -ENGINEERING
    -Quarterm System (4 terms per year)
    -Expensive (costs around 140k per year)
    -Students equipped to be more efficient in workplace, to be productive, results-oriented
    -Lie-low ngayon performance sa board exam
    -Mababait, friendly, di mayayabang, humble

16. Advertisement

Hi, new member here.

ATENEO DE MANILA UNIVERSITY
    * Conyo (partly true, given majority of students there come from the upper class of society.)
    * Matatalino (ACET is difficult to pass, graduates are top notch. And it's Ateneo.)

DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY

UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS
    * Religious (It is the most Catholic among all Catholic Schools in the country.)
    * Fallback of the first three (Case to case. Maraming Thomasians naman na talagang sa UST gusto, pero most of the time...ganun nga. But they are happy with UST.)

DE LA SALLE - COLLEGE OF ST. BENILDE
    * Fallback of La Salle (Fallacy. If La Salle was considered "bobo", then what about Benilde.....nope. It's just Benilde was designed to offer more modern and "unusual" courses to cater for those interested in learning something different. La Salle is kept "Orthrodox" in some way, offering the courses found in a Traditional University.

FAR EASTERN UNIVERSITY
    * Magaganda (Well, The Uniform for females in FEU is definitely eye-catching.)

natawa ako sa 'steriotype' sa feu! magaganda? kelan pa? alam ko na kung san ka nag aaral.

Quote Originally Posted by tooheavyhanded View Post
    And if I may say so, with words like ungas and amoy Diliman peppering your language, you do sound bitter. I wonder where you graduated from and what sort of experiences led you to such disposition. )
    Need I say more?

paulit ulit nalang ang ganitong topic

And paano naman yung,

1. Pa kanow-it-all.
    2. May opinyon sa lahat ng bagay kahit hindi alam.
    3. Unang araw pa lang sa work, dumiretso na agad sa management para magpa-impress.
    4. Madaldal lang
    5. Nagmumukha lang may alam kasi mahusay nga namang mag-english. Complicated ang words na ginagamit sa sentences niya. Magaling na?

^ Ipaliwanag mo mga yan. Dahil na-train kayong huwag maging sunud-sunuran?? Panginoon ko po. Bitter ako dahil sa "ungas" at "amoy Diliman".

Nakakatawa pa, 30% lang ang natapos niya sa unang project na pinagawa ko. May errors pa. Buti nga sa kanya at napahiya siya. Hindi nagpapadala ang company ko sa nagpapa impress lang.

Ipaliwanag mo sa akin bakit may mga studyante/graduates kayong ganyan sa UP. OK?

*Matatalino (well, it's UP. That's enough said.) <---- Hindi ko kinaya 'to.

Quote Originally Posted by routwitch View Post
    And paano naman yung,

1. Pa kanow-it-all.
    2. May opinyon sa lahat ng bagay kahit hindi alam.
    3. Unang araw pa lang sa work, dumiretso na agad sa management para magpa-impress.
    4. Madaldal lang
    5. Nagmumukha lang may alam kasi mahusay nga namang mag-english. Complicated ang words na ginagamit sa sentences niya. Magaling na?

^ Ipaliwanag mo mga yan. Dahil na-train kayong huwag maging sunud-sunuran?? Panginoon ko po. Bitter ako dahil sa "ungas" at "amoy Diliman".

Nakakatawa pa, 30% lang ang natapos niya sa unang project na pinagawa ko. May errors pa. Buti nga sa kanya at napahiya siya. Hindi nagpapadala ang company ko sa nagpapa impress lang.

Ipaliwanag mo sa akin bakit may mga studyante/graduates kayong ganyan sa UP. OK?

*Matatalino (well, it's UP. That's enough said.) <---- Hindi ko kinaya 'to.
    Ouch! Bad trip ka tsong!

Your talking about only 1 UP grad na ASAR ka then you go bashing the whole National University.

Hindi lahat ng UP grads mayayabang. Ako, inaamin ko naging mayabang ako, pero NOON yun. Nung fresh grad pa ako noon. Pero after mga 5 years hindi na nagma-Matter yun.

Sa totoo lang, pag-fresh grad ka ng UP, malaki matutulong nun sa pagkuha ng job mo for the first time. Pwede ring mas malaki ang staring salary compared sa iba. Pero by the time na nag-aApply ka na ng ibang job for the 3rd or 4th time, or 5-10 years down the road, hindi na mahalaga kung UP Diliman or UP Manila ang nasa CV mo. Work experience na ang hanap nila.

One good example ng pagiging humble despite being a UP grad is my older brother. He holds a BS and an MS degree from UPD. He also studied in a university in Tokyo, Japan as a Japanese government scholar. But never nyang ipinagmayabang yun. Syempre pag nag-aApply sya ng trabaho, naka-Indicate sa CV nya yung mga details. Pero outside of that, never syang nag-Mention out of the blue na I'm from UP. Never. Yung pagiging UP grad nya is reflected on his excellence sa trabaho.

Kung ako sayo, pagbigyan mo na lang yung bago mong subordinate, and give time. If he's after your position, then give him a hard time. COMPETE. If he's not, if he just want career advancement without endangering yours, then let him.

Maging MATURE and SECURE na tao ka. Lalaki ka man o babae.

Obvious kasi sa posts mo ang pagiging insecure mo sa kanya.

At mas lalong obvious ang bitterness mo sa State U.

^ Ako na ang issue ngayon.

Dude hindi ako inggetero. I know myself well and I know how to accept defeat. Kapag may mas mahusay sa akin, ginagamit ko silang example to improve myself. Ba't ako matatakot? Kung mas magiging magaling siya sa akin after 2 -3 years then wala akong problema dun. He worked hard for it so he deserves it, yes? Pero kung magdadaldal ka rin lang at nagpapa impress na wala ka namang alam, that's a different story, agree?

Management agad ang inasikaso. So anong tawag mo dun? Give me an answer. Don't tell me na bitter ako.

Hey, I thought UP graduates are smart? So why can't they answer simple questions?

Also wala namang kumukuwestiyon na UP grad siya. The problem is mayabang at madaldal siya. Maiintindihan ko pa kung aaminin niyang hindi niya alam. Pinagtatawanan tuloy siya ng ibang boss sa company.

Ayan na nga ba ang sinasabi ko e. Pareho tayong may point pero alam kong mas may point ako. Bitter na agad sa State University?

Hindi niyo masagot ang questions ko kaya ganyan kayo.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast