PEx Highlights

Top Female Celebrities

2 more weeks and she will officially be the IT GIRL of the month. Can her fans keep it up? Jane Oineza is still PEx's Top Female Celeb!

read more

PHOTOS: Aguilar, Ginebra Bully Talk N Text

Ginebra had no problems in their opening campaign after a 101-81 win over TNT. Japeth Aguilar proved to be too much for the Texters with his game-high 18pts, 18rebs and 5 blks.

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

PROMO: The Book of Life

Join the promo and get a chance to win exclusive The Book of Life merchandise!

read more

Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter

Be in the know! Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter for community, movies, sports and promo updates.

read more

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Manila Doctors, Makati Med, or St. Lukes HIGH BILLS!!!?

    Guys/Gals:

    How do you deal with skyrocketing bills na parang pumapatak lang ng metro ng taxi each hour kada check mo sa mga hospitals mentioned above?

    My grandma is admitted in Manila Doctors and 3 days pa lang kami halos 40K na daw ang bill. Natatakot kami sa bill but we have no choice dahil she needs to be treated.

    Out-of-pocket lang kami sa kanya eh. Walang insurance or anything. Ano ma-su-suggest niyong way para ma-settle ang bills na ito sakaling umabot sa hindi namin kaya?

    Siyempre inuuna namin buhay niya no questions about it and we know mahuhusay doctors dun.

    Meron ba silang charity case dun? How can we get discounts? Papaano?

    Salamat

  2. #2
    Hi.

    Does your grandmother have Philhealth because that can help reduce the hospital bill. Or you can ask for financial assistance from the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office.

    Oo nga pala, naka private room ba sya or ward?

  3. #3
    Thank you sa quick reply Aries ha! Napupuyat ako sa kakaisip sa bill. Sya kasi nag-alaga sa amin. Pinilit siyang ilagay sa private dahil ubos na daw sa ward. Ward na nga sinasabi namin. Punuan lagi dito. Papano yun, mas mahal ba singil ng doctor pag prvate room? Eh hindi naman namin kagustuhan ma-private siya. 3 days na kami halos sa ER eh mas mahal ang metro dun at yung private lang daw ang available. Yung tiyahin ko daw may Philhealth (bunso siya ni lola ko). Not sure kung makakatulong. Ako kasi estudyante pa lang.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rubyfruit View Post
    Thank you sa quick reply Aries ha! Napupuyat ako sa kakaisip sa bill. Sya kasi nag-alaga sa amin. Pinilit siyang ilagay sa private dahil ubos na daw sa ward. Ward na nga sinasabi namin. Punuan lagi dito. Papano yun, mas mahal ba singil ng doctor pag prvate room? Eh hindi naman namin kagustuhan ma-private siya. 3 days na kami halos sa ER eh mas mahal ang metro dun at yung private lang daw ang available. Yung tiyahin ko daw may Philhealth (bunso siya ni lola ko). Not sure kung makakatulong. Ako kasi estudyante pa lang.

    From what I know, the amount of professional fees of attending physicians is based on the room cost. Parang may certain percentage sila na kinekwenta based on the room cost tapos yung resulting amount is the PF na sisingilin nila. Have you tried to inquire kung pwede ba sya ilipat sa ward kung may bakante na dun?

    As for the Philhealth of your auntie, I don't know if your grandmother can also avail of it. It is best to inquire from Philhealth about it. All hospitals have Philhealth sub-offices that you can call regarding that.

  5. #5
    Surgeon in the House
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    O.R.
    Also your grandmother s eligible for a 20% discount for hospital services including professional fees is she is above 60 y.o.. This mandated by law.

    Generally, hospital expenses are higher on the first 3-5 days of confinement as most of the diagnostic tests are performed in this period. Afterwards, the expenses will taper down owing it mostly to room use, iv, maintenance meds and professional fees.

    All "high end" hospitals you mentioned including Medical City and Asian Hospital put a big premium on their convenient facilities which is supposed to be complete and housed in one nice single and facility. This is part of their marketing and also of course due to a bigger overhead cost for operating expenses. There are other hospitals in less appealing environment which offer the same medical care.

    There are charity cases in these hospitals but this is subject to evaluation of the social welfare officer of the hospital.

    My advise to you is that if you foresee that you cannot afford further the high cost of health care in that institution, make an honest request to your attending physician to have your patient be transferred to a facility which is more affordable (if she is stable to transfer). Your physician most likely might be affiliated in a more affordable institution. This will significantly lessen your burden yet not compromise the required medical attention to your grandmother.

  6. #6
    Surgeon in the House
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    O.R.
    Quote Originally Posted by rubyfruit View Post
    Yung tiyahin ko daw may Philhealth (bunso siya ni lola ko). Not sure kung makakatulong. Ako kasi estudyante pa lang.
    With regards to Philhealth, all your aunt has to do is provide a birth certificate showing the name of your grandmother as her mother. Have it listed in a Philhealth Office. The nearest Philhealth office is along Taft avenue near the corner of Quirino Ave. Philhealth benefits may be utilized as long as the contribution is being paid on time and that your grandmother is above 60 yo.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries410 View Post
    From what I know, the amount of professional fees of attending physicians is based on the room cost. Parang may certain percentage sila na kinekwenta based on the room cost tapos yung resulting amount is the PF na sisingilin nila. Have you tried to inquire kung pwede ba sya ilipat sa ward kung may bakante na dun?

    As for the Philhealth of your auntie, I don't know if your grandmother can also avail of it. It is best to inquire from Philhealth about it. All hospitals have Philhealth sub-offices that you can call regarding that.

    Thank you Aries410. Tama ka diyan, na-confirm nga nung nurse, the more expensive the room, the more the doctors would charge us. Salamat sa info po!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by matulis View Post
    Also your grandmother s eligible for a 20% discount for hospital services including professional fees is she is above 60 y.o.. This mandated by law.

    Generally, hospital expenses are higher on the first 3-5 days of confinement as most of the diagnostic tests are performed in this period. Afterwards, the expenses will taper down owing it mostly to room use, iv, maintenance meds and professional fees.

    All "high end" hospitals you mentioned including Medical City and Asian Hospital put a big premium on their convenient facilities which is supposed to be complete and housed in one nice single and facility. This is part of their marketing and also of course due to a bigger overhead cost for operating expenses. There are other hospitals in less appealing environment which offer the same medical care.

    There are charity cases in these hospitals but this is subject to evaluation of the social welfare officer of the hospital.

    My advise to you is that if you foresee that you cannot afford further the high cost of health care in that institution, make an honest request to your attending physician to have your patient be transferred to a facility which is more affordable (if she is stable to transfer). Your physician most likely might be affiliated in a more affordable institution. This will significantly lessen your burden yet not compromise the required medical attention to your grandmother.
    Thank you so much Matulis. This info you gave is very helpful! Salamat po!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Hot Topics

PBA:

GlobalPort bows to NLEX after fourth quarter collapse, 101-96

GlobalPort bows to NLEX after fourth quarter collapse, 101-96

read more
SHOWBIZ:

What do you make of John Lloyd Cruz' performance in The Trial?

What do you make of John Lloyd Cruz' performance in The Trial?

read more
TRAVEL:

No bidets, rude staff and poor internet. What are your other hotel pet peeves?

No bidets, rude staff and poor internet. What are your other hotel pet peeves?

read more
CHIT CHAT:

Unzip your man purse and share what's inside your kikoy kit!

Unzip your man purse and share what's inside your kikoy kit!

read more
SPORTS:

2014 Philippine Superliga Grand Prix opens

2014 Philippine Superliga Grand Prix opens

read more
NMFtv:

NBA 2K15 Exhibition Gameplay - Washington Wizards VS Los Angeles Clippers on PS4

NBA 2K15 Exhibition Gameplay - Washington Wizards VS Los Angeles Clippers on PS4

read more