Ask your Moderator: AltarBoy^_^ | The NCAA Tourney | PinoyExchange

Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... Last

Post Ask your Moderator: AltarBoy^_^

This thread is dedicated to my fellow NCAA PExers. If you should have questions regarding how I handle thread content, trolling, simple misunderstandings, and profound resentments or praise as to how I manage this forum. You can post here with ease. But be warned, I will not tolerate anything that violates PEx netiquette and violates the User Agreement.

Thank you,

Moderator AltarBoy^_^

Stock Holder
    Who will complain on how Sir AltarBoy^_^ is moderating this forum? As far as I know this one is the most well-moderated forum around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tete_ni_Pepe View Post
    Who will complain on how Sir AltarBoy^_^ is moderating this forum? As far as I know this one is the most well-moderated forum around here.

Quote Originally Posted by AltarBoy^_^ View Post
    This thread is dedicated to my fellow NCAA PExers. If you should have questions regarding how I handle thread content, trolling, simple misunderstandings, and profound resentments or praise as to how I manage this forum. You can post here with ease. But be warned, I will not tolerate anything that violates PEx netiquette and violates the User Agreement.

Thank you,

Moderator AltarBoy^_^
    Thumbs up ! ...handled this Forum well...good job !

is this a praise thread for the mod?

friend ng lahat
    five thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by pgma View Post
    is this a praise thread for the mod?
    Not only that, this is where you can discuss sensitive matters about your school, your school thread's content, and how it was handled through the years.

Not only that, this is where you can discuss sensitive matters about your school, your school thread's content, and how it was handled through the years.
    And you created a redundant thread? Bedans will discuss sensitive matters about SBC in their own thread, that thread's content and how it was handled through the years.

This thread was opened for your convenience and to avoid hijacking your thread for an obvious discussion, mainly your moderator in question. I will transfer your last reply here for us to dissect the discussion further.

Cool transferring discussion from SBC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shaqmonster View Post
    You're not exactly being honest with everyone here, including yourself and your posts.
    Speculating on my behaviour and my intentions to post will not help your cause. Read back on the reason why I posted that question. You do know that I used to be a part of our cheering squad back in the day?

Now, you're calling it just a smiley, to make it appear that it was an amiable post. If it was a smiley you used, I would not have interpreted it the way I interpreted it. But no, Mr. Honest Moderator, it was not really a smiley. You know, and as a moderator you ought to know, that it was a "Big Grin" and not just a smiley.
    I've taken the liberty of reposting the definition of Smilies here in PEx:

'Smilies' are small graphical images that can be used to convey an emotion or feeling. If you have used email or internet chat, you are likely familiar with the smilie concept. Certain standard strings are automatically converted into smilies. Try twisting your head on one side if you do not 'get' smilies; using a bit of imagination should reveal a face of some description.

So what does a "big grin" convey to you? If it wasn't amiable to you then I cannot help you further. You're fighting something that isn't there.

This is the real smiley - .

This is the big grin which you actually used -
    And did you know that a big grin also means a broad smile?

Now if I used this one -> or

then these would be the obvious expressions that might raise hell.

You were actually thinking that the Red Corps committed a mistake when you saw the color black in their uniforms. That's why you saw an opportunity to put one on us and made that post with a big grin. But when someone pointed out that it the uniforms belonged to the SBCA, it blew on your face and just acted nonchalantly.
    I didn't feel anything but satisfied with tupangusa's answer because my question is just to ask about the color, not the "mistake" which you presume to be what I am thinking. And that is why I am asking if you can read my mind.

Let me get back to my previous set of questions regarding using a big grin. To what benefit will I achieve by "putting one on SBC PExers" here?

MonL is a very patient person and he decided to give you the benefit of the doubt. But I'm not him.
    He is both wise and above such petty analysis of smilies. I look up to him as well. Wish you can see better like him.

If it were posted by just some regular poster here I would have ignored it considering that this site is littered with trolls. But your post I cannot ignore because it came from the moderator.
    I wish you would rather look beyond the smilies. And I am still monitoring every possible troll or flamebaiter post after our discussion. It makes no sense to start a controversial post, moreso coming from a moderator. I'm gearing up for the 2010 trollfest coinciding with the basketball season, why start a pre-season flamefest?

So presuming that I had ill intentions, will a school color damage your school's reputation? I beg to differ sir, it's not as complicated or controversial as finding a Blazer athlete involved in a point-shaving scandal.

A moderator should not only be impartial but must appear to be impartial. You should be more circumspect and judicious in the words, signs and emoticons you use lest you be misinterpreted, in case you don't know that. So act the part, and don't post like any regular poster here indiscriminately using signs and emoticons.
    I do try to be impartial above everything else in this forum and I can't help but wonder why would I risk it now? So what is my devious plan sir? More smilies to confuse everyone of my ill intentions to besmirch your school?

In case you are not yet aware of it, emoticons convey emotions, state of mind, or indicate the presence or absence of malice in a post.
    Yes sir it does. And a simple misinterpretation can lead to long discussions like this one.

As a moderator, your posts are scrutinized by the members of this forum. And as I said, you are not an ordinary poster. A lot more is expected of you.
    Indeed a lot is expected. But I expect the same things from a regular and old pexer like you. Why make a mountain of a molehill? Or better yet, why make a mountain out of nothing?

And I assure you it's not the summer heat, altarboy. I work and live in an airconditioned environment. On the contrary, it must be the Benildean brain that's rendering you unable to understand what I'm pointing out here.
    I'm relieved that you are in an airconditioned environment, so it must be something else. But you must also understand what I am pointing out from the very beginning too, you are barking at the wrong tree or nothing at all. I don't understand the reasons why you presume too much. And it's all about a smiley? And please don't try that Benildean brain reasoning with me. You are merely trying to flamebait me but I am not affected by it. I've learned to take the good with the bad from everyone around here. It's not helping your cause that you think you are above me when in fact, you do not know. You base that on one simple question and you think that you have revealed the real me? You're not the only one working from an airconditioned environment.

And as a moderator, I notice how you continue to taunt me with your big grins. I hope you would have the courage to do that to me in person.
    Taunting is not what I had in mind, it reminded me of the good old days when you would cross swords with me back in the day, but believe me I moved on and pondered about better discussions with you, not juvenile hostilites over cheerleading outfits. Over coffee and perhaps a bottle of beer. PM me if you're interested.
    Last edited by AltarBoy^_^; Apr 28, 2010 at 01:26 PM.

Stock Holder
    Amp! Ang haba ng usapan nyo.

i like the way how sir AB handles this forum.. pero parang puro "official" threads na ata ang naka lagay.. 6 threads nalang ang laging nasa taas.. parang masyado na atang madami..

gaya nung 2010 filoil.. lilipas din yan. pati yung ncaa south.. hehe wala lang.. mejo na cornihan lang ako.

opinion lang po...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by st_bede21 View Post
    i like the way how sir AB handles this forum.. pero parang puro "official" threads na ata ang naka lagay.. 6 threads nalang ang laging nasa taas.. parang masyado na atang madami..

gaya nung 2010 filoil.. lilipas din yan. pati yung ncaa south.. hehe wala lang.. mejo na cornihan lang ako.

opinion lang po...
    Don't worry sir, some of the new and old threads are in Sticky Mode just to promote interest and to some degree, make everyone read and get a glimpse of the history of the discussions here. That includes the reminders that I am promoting to make everyone realize that we handle things differently from the rest of the sub-forums.

of all the moderator dito sa pex..si AB lang ang zealous sa pag-"regulate" ng mga post dito.kulang na lang eh burahin ang buong thread na sa tingin nya ay..perhaps by his own standard,i'm specualting here, is offensive or inappropriate..

ang suggestion ko lang sa admin dito sa pex ay sana kung kukuha ng moderator dito sa NCAA forum ay dapat hindi isang tao na may allegiance or loyalty sa isang school na kasali sa NCAA.So as not to give an impression from regular pexers here that a certain moderator is biased against those pexers having loyalty with other NCAA school.

This very thread was borne from a suspicion that the moderator is being impartial as a result of his comment on the Red Lions thread kasi nga the moderator comes from another school competing in the NCAA...and what might be an innocent post coming from the said moderator may be misinterpreted by others as trolling or bashing.

oh..sabi ko suspicion lang at hindi ako nag aakusa ng masamang gawain ng kahit sino man.
    Last edited by tupangusa; Apr 28, 2010 at 09:41 PM.

^ Agree. Well founded or not, the "suspicion" of partiality may have been fueled by the moderator's continued, wanton display of school loyalty. A moderator is supposed to act as "judge" in one way or the other in this forum. He can have his own prejudices or preferences, but he should be beyond reproach or, at the very least, decent and circumspect to appear impartial.

Since the moderator cannot shed his school loyalty or if PEX will not replace him, then we should have additional moderators to achieve balance or ensure fairness in this forum.

Accordingly, I propose that MonL (with his indulgence) or someone like him be appointed moderator in addition to the present moderator.
    Last edited by b a d a s s; Apr 28, 2010 at 09:57 PM.

"suspicion" of partiality?

I don't think my school affiliation hinders me from performing my duties as Mr. Clean-Up Guy. Please provide sufficient proof that I am partial. And please don't cite smilies as examples.

wanton display of school loyalty?

I can't seem to remember how my wanton display of school loyalty can start World War III in here. I'm beyond such childish nonsense to flamebait other schools. Please understand that majority nominated me because they are relying that I am impartial and that I made a covenant not just with your school but with the rest of the school pexers here to preserve the peace.

I think that AB is doing a good job in moderating this board. He was able to get rid of a lot of trolls, bashers, flamebaiters etc. that used to infest this board.

As compared to what we have before, this actually became a lot more "tamed". So "tamed" that it actually became boring.

I don't think I would have it any other way.

"suspicion" of partiality?
    Please provide sufficient proof that I am partial.
    I'm not saying there is proof...but if there is i think this thread is not the proper forum for that...on the premise that we must have an impartial forum to decide if there is indeed an impropriety on the part of a given moderator.

and besides you cannot be a party to the issue and be a judge at the same time, right?

why not bring this matter to the proper forum?let them decide.

ang suggestion ko lang sa admin dito sa pex ay sana kung kukuha ng moderator dito sa NCAA forum ay dapat hindi isang tao na may allegiance or loyalty sa isang school na kasali sa NCAA.So as not to give an impression from regular pexers here that a certain moderator is biased against those pexers having loyalty with other NCAA school.
    this is a very good suggestion.
    another thing, i believe its better for a moderator to have a fix term (say 3 months) then elect another for the next term.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... Last