Ask your Moderator: AltarBoy^_^ - Page 2 | The NCAA Tourney | PinoyExchange

Page 2 of 20 First 1 2 3 12 ... Last
Results 21 to 40 of 394
  1. #21

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by tupangusa View Post
    I'm not saying there is proof...but if there is i think this thread is not the proper forum for that...on the premise that we must have an impartial forum to decide if there is indeed an impropriety on the part of a given moderator.
    Based on your premise, let me rephrase my question, so where does the "suspicion of partiality" originates? It would have to be something questionable as obvious bias and loss of patience for pexers who can't remember their User Agreement. It is forgivable to be misunderstood at certain times, but not all the time. Failure to send the message across is truly unforgivable and downright detestable.

    I believe this is the proper forum if you have questions regarding your moderator since this is the only forum where I am the moderator, nowhere else.

    and besides you cannot be a party to the issue and be a judge at the same time, right?
    I'm not here to judge but to defend myself from "suspicions" that may stem from simple misunderstandings. Besides, admins are the only ones who can ban anyone and. I can only go as far as report anything that violates PEx rules and clean threads with obvious flamebait posts. Also, any pexer who may provide proof of partiality can PM the admins themselves so as to provide check-and-balance in this forum.

    why not bring this matter to the proper forum?let them decide.
    You can open another thread in the Announcement & Suggestions forum if you like.
    Last edited by AltarBoy^_^; Apr 29, 2010 at 08:16 PM.

  2. #22

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by pgma View Post
    this is a very good suggestion.
    another thing, i believe its better for a moderator to have a fix term (say 3 months) then elect another for the next term.
    Indeed this is a good suggestion, considering the stress levels that I have to endure whenever the season starts or beyond. Endorsing this matter to Ada or TeamPEx should be your next objective. Or we can wait for them to read this thread and let them be the judge.

    But one thing I do know right now is that other forums are in need of brave moderators. I accepted the challenge of moderating this site because I believe that everyone can be opinionated without the usual ad hominems and flamefests. I hope that when the time comes when I step down, the next moderator will just have to live with the fact that he/she is under scrutiny for the rest of his PExing life.
    Last edited by AltarBoy^_^; Apr 29, 2010 at 08:05 PM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by AltarBoy^_^ View Post
    Speculating on my behaviour and my intentions to post will not help your cause. Read back on the reason why I posted that question. You do know that I used to be a part of our cheering squad back in the day?
    You kept on mentioning the word "speculation". It's not speculation, honest moderator. I've already mentioned the basis for that. But our argument has become an endless cycle because you continue to feign innocence, or insist on denying the fact that your "´ndiscriminate" usage of an emoticon has conveyed a different meaning to what you claim to be an innocent question. Do you actually grin wickedly when you ask innocently? That's quite a weird behaviour.
    Last edited by shaqmonster; Apr 30, 2010 at 01:35 AM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by AltarBoy^_^ View Post
    I've taken the liberty of reposting the definition of Smilies here in PEx:

    'Smilies' are small graphical images that can be used to convey an emotion or feeling. If you have used email or internet chat, you are likely familiar with the smilie concept. Certain standard strings are automatically converted into smilies. Try twisting your head on one side if you do not 'get' smilies; using a bit of imagination should reveal a face of some description.

    So what does a "big grin" convey to you? If it wasn't amiable to you then I cannot help you further. You're fighting something that isn't there.

    And did you know that a big grin also means a broad smile?

    Now if I used this one -> or then these would be the obvious expressions that might raise hell.
    The definition of smilies you cited above does not help at all. You want people to believe that all emoticons or smilies convey the same message, body language or state of mind. Under the PEX categories of "smilies", the following are considered "smilies" . The categorization is not logical at all. We all know that these emoticons are not smilies.

    What is a big grin? Yes, it can mean to be a broad smile when done innocently and depending on the situation and the person using it.

    You are a Benildean and therefore you're status as moderator is suspect to non-Benildeans. Your posts therefore always run the risk of getting misinterpreted, especially if you use certain words or emoticons that are capable of varying interpretations. That is why I already said that as a moderator, you must not only be impartial but you must appear to be impartial. Notice how important appearance is to persons who act as "judges"?

    Why did you use this wicked grin when you could have simply used this innocent smile ? Obviously, there is a reason.

    Trust is earned, not demanded or inherent in a position.
    Last edited by shaqmonster; Apr 30, 2010 at 01:37 AM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by AltarBoy^_^ View Post
    It makes no sense to start a controversial post, moreso coming from a moderator.
    You just did. And you've created an issue because you were trying to be a smart aleck.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by AltarBoy^_^ View Post
    So presuming that I had ill intentions, will a school color damage your school's reputation? I beg to differ sir, it's not as complicated or controversial as finding a Blazer athlete involved in a point-shaving scandal.
    No. A school's reputation is not the issue here. Never has been. It's the conduct of the moderator.

    Agree that it is not as complicated or controversial as finding a Blazer athlete involved in a point-shaving scandal. Who is saying that it is? But the behaviour of the moderator in the forum he is moderating is always a valid issue.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by AltarBoy^_^ View Post


    Indeed a lot is expected. But I expect the same things from a regular and old pexer like you. Why make a mountain of a molehill? Or better yet, why make a mountain out of nothing?
    So what did I do? The only thing I did was point out your controversial post. If you're trying to taunt me by calling me old (again you will deny your intention), then you've just insulted MonL maybe 10x , your parents and many other posters here. At my age, I still can go up in the ring. You wanna try me?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by AltarBoy^_^ View Post
    You're not the only one working from an airconditioned environment.

    Taunting is not what I had in mind, it reminded me of the good old days when you would cross swords with me back in the day, but believe me I moved on and pondered about better discussions with you, not juvenile hostilites over cheerleading outfits. Over coffee and perhaps a bottle of beer. PM me if you're interested.
    It was you who started mentioning the heat. I just answered back. So don't accuse me of making an issue of my airconditioned environment.

    Inviting me to have coffee or beer with you is risky. Any perceived slight might have unintended consequences. But if you will be careful with the words (and smilies) you use when we meet, then by all means.

  9. #29

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by shaqmonster View Post
    The definition of smilies you cited above does not help at all. You want people to believe that all emoticons or smilies convey the same message, body language or state of mind. Under the PEX categories of "smilies", the following are considered "smilies" and so on and so forth. The categorization is not logical at all. We all know that these emoticons are not smilies.
    I never said all emoticons or smilies convey the same message, smilies is just the general term here in PEx. Again, you presume too much.

    What is a big grin? Yes, it can mean to be a broad smile, when done innocently and depending on the situation. It also depends on the person using it.
    So you are still speculating that it wasn't innocently done. The next logical question will be, what is my motivation?

    You are a Benildean and therefore you're status as moderator is suspect to some non-Benildeans, including me. Your posts therefore always run the risk of getting misinterpreted, especially if you use certain words or emoticons that are capable of varying interpretations. That is why I already said that as a moderator, you must not only be impartial but you must appear to be impartial. Notice how important appearance is to persons who act as "judges"?
    I wonder how many non-Benildeans agree to your observations about my use of emoticons. But you haven't answered my previous questions, where is that proof of ill intention on my part?

    Cite at least 3 posts here in different school threads that betray my covenant with everyone using emoticons or smilies please.

    And I am not the judge, I don't sentence anyone for banishment (that's the admin's task), I only moderate or police the forum and subject to override.

    Why did you use this wicked grin when you could have simply used this innocent smile ? Obviously, there is a reason. But of course, you will just feign innocence.
    Again that is a big grin, not a wicked grin (please refer to my previous post differentiating a big grin to a wide evil grin and the big evil grin). And I know that it was a broad smile on my part since I know more about the point of my question, which is cheerleading outfits with different school colors.

    So why do I have to feign innocence when I know that it was just a simple question?

    Are you psychic enough to read my true intentions?

    Tell me, what is the real reason behind that anger over a school color?

    Trust is earned, not demanded or inherent in a position.
    Indeed, but you will just have to put more trust in what I say and have faith when I use emoticons or smilies. Otherwise, you can take it up with the admins and I hope you provide enough evidence to convince them that I am not doing my job here. I also owe my position to the majority here who put their trust and faith in me. I am neither for any school including my own. But I am for fairness and healthy exchanges. And that is why I am giving you my attention here because you need to believe in what I do.

  10. #30

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by shaqmonster View Post
    You just did. And you've created an issue because you were trying to be a smart aleck.
    Thanks to you, you've just given everyone here an exclusive sneak peek on what I used to be. I am nostalgic for different reasons, but reviving old ghosts in PEx is simply passe on my part. But alas, your presumptions get the better of you right now. We live in a new decade, love the simplicity in exchanges and don't complicate yourself over emoticons and smilies.
    Last edited by AltarBoy^_^; Apr 30, 2010 at 02:11 AM.

  11. #31

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by shaqmonster View Post
    No. A school's reputation is not the issue here. Never has been. It's the conduct of the moderator.
    So what is my conduct that has been so unbecoming? Let me guess, the smilies again?

    Agree that it is not as complicated or controversial as finding a Blazer athlete involved in a point-shaving scandal. Who is saying that it is? But the behaviour of the moderator in the forum he is moderating is always a valid issue.
    So what is the valid issue about me that bothers you? Where is that irrefutable proof of misconduct?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by shaqmonster View Post
    So what did I do? The only thing I did was point out your controversial post. If you're trying to taunt me by calling me old (again you will deny your intention), then you've just insulted MonL maybe 10x , your parents and many other posters here. At my age, I still can go up in the ring. You wanna try me?
    Question is (and I say it again from the very beginning), what did I do to get your ire over a question about school colors with a big grin? Where is this hate coming from?

    And when I say old, its the years you've been PExing, not your actual age silly!

    You and me in the ring? If that's a game of basketball then I'm out for the count. And if that's a direct invitation to a slugfest then you're down for the count here.

    Sad to say, in my actual age, I can go as far as shooting 21.
    Last edited by AltarBoy^_^; Apr 30, 2010 at 03:19 AM.

  13. #33

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by shaqmonster View Post
    It was you who started mentioning the heat. I just answered back. So don't accuse me of making an issue of my airconditioned environment.
    I was merely speculating as to how you arrived at a conclusion that I was going back to my old self of spewing hate for school colors. Where did that come from? Or where was the heat coming from? Certainly not from me. And I am not accusing you of any issue of your airconditioned environment (everybody hates the summer heat right now). God I miss this never ending argument with you. It's all petty nonsense!

    Inviting me to have coffee or beer with you is risky. Any perceived slight might have unintended consequences. But if you will be careful with the words (and smilies) you use when we meet, then by all means.
    Risky? I know coffee or beer if taken too much are risky, too much of me here drowning you with smilies is torture enough.

    I will be careful with you when we meet, that's why I am bringing all the smilies that I can bring from PEx to the coffeeshop or bar. So if you do something nasty, I can rely on my big grin to render you harmless.
    Last edited by AltarBoy^_^; Apr 30, 2010 at 06:21 AM.

  14. #34

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by shaqmonster View Post
    You kept on mentioning the word "speculation". It's not speculation, honest moderator. I've already mentioned the basis for that. But our argument has become an endless cycle because you continue to feign innocence, or insist on denying the fact that your "´ndiscriminate" usage of an emoticon has conveyed a different meaning to what you claim to be an innocent question. Do you actually grin wickedly when you ask innocently? That's quite a weird behaviour.
    Forgot about your very first post. You dissected everything!

    Ah, but it is speculation! Because you presume that I feign innocence. Your thoughts betray you again shaqyboy. But thank you for calling me honest. That is why I try my best to answer you again and again to bring you to that unavoidable conclusion that you misjudged me. (this broad smile was brought to you by AB)

    Indiscriminate usage of emoticons?

    To be honest, I love using emoticons, but not to the point that you want to portray me here. It's simply speculative and misleading. You should know better than to accuse me of something childish. I know you can take me to school with your basketball prowess, but taking me to preschool with such debates over smilies is simply, immature on your part.

    But you have drawn me yet again to another long discussion which leads to everyone asking, was shaq right and AB was wrong? Or was AB right and shaq overreacted?

    Again, indulge me and post 3 other posts with indiscriminate emoticons or smilies that betray trust and shows conduct unbecoming besides a simple question regarding school colors in a cheerleading uniform, please?

    Because I want myself & everyone to believe that you are on to something here. Not just mind reading techniques. Give everyone here more evidence to prove you are right.

    And again let me show you the difference:

    big grin --> (wicked you say?)

    so where do we tread the line between a broad smile & a wicked smile? does that mean everyone in the other threads do away with the big grin smiley because it misleads the likes of you? should we elevate this to the admin because one big grin can spell the difference between war and peace? Should we ban big grins when we watch cheerleaders perform or basketball players play because they connote wickedness?

    so does this mean the rest are....

    big evil grin -->
    wide evil grin -->

    wickedness extravaganza?

    and big grin is the diet coke of wickedness?

    maybe I should've used these instead?





    But then again, you are an expert in emoticons & smilies that you can read my mind completely when I post.

    Sigh, presumed guilty until proven innocent.
    Last edited by AltarBoy^_^; Apr 30, 2010 at 03:09 AM.

  15. #35
    I have good questions to our moderator...


    HOW MANY HOURS DO YOU SPEND IN PEX?

    Do you (or did you) have alternicks?

    please answer them honestly.

  16. #36
    Gawin nalang kasing mod si shaqmonster, pgma or anyone from Beda. lol

  17. #37
    Ako rin may question:

    Ikaw rin ba yung Altar Boy sa pRO - Odin server? ( <-- Look AB I gave you a grin!).

    PS, I am not related to biboybibo!

  18. #38

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by biboybibo View Post
    I have good questions to our moderator...


    HOW MANY HOURS DO YOU SPEND IN PEX?

    Do you (or did you) have alternicks?

    please answer them honestly.
    About 8-12 hours a day (considering I leave my browser in PEx all the time even if I'm out of the office).

    I used to have a nick back in 1999. This is my second account or technically, my alternick.

  19. #39

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by altervin View Post
    Gawin nalang kasing mod si shaqmonster, pgma or anyone from Beda. lol
    I prefer sir MonL to join me here. If shaqy-boy and pgma can get riled up over big grin smileys, who knows what will happen to other pexers who use emoticons here?

  20. #40

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by buboybibo View Post
    Ako rin may question:

    Ikaw rin ba yung Altar Boy sa pRO - Odin server? ( <-- Look AB I gave you a grin!).

    PS, I am not related to biboybibo!
    Onga ano, halos magkaparehas kayo ni buboybibo ng nicks!

    I totally forgot about my account in pRO! But it may or may not be me at all. What type of pRO character? <--- Look, I share the same grin!

Page 2 of 20 First 1 2 3 12 ... Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •