PEx Highlights

Inflatable robot Baymax takes the spotlight!

In Disney's Big Hero 6, a plus-sized inflatable robot named Baymax makes a difference in the life of teen prodigy Hiro Hamada.

read more

PEx Halloween: Pinoy Horror Stories

Nakakita ka na ba ng aswang o multo? Nakaramdam ng masamang spirito at mga maligno? Kwento mo na dito!

read more

PHOTOS: 'Captain Hook' Too Much for Ginebra

Mac Cardona impressed in a vintage 'Captain Hook' performance, putting up 25 points and 6 rebounds to lead NLEX over Ginebra, 97-81.

read more

FEATURE: Expectations for Gilas 3.0

With Chot Reyes out of the picture and the Gilas program 'under review', JPM ponders on the possibilities that may happen in the new Gilas.

read more

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Blows Out Kia

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters defeated Kia Sorento in a blowout, 117-88.

read more

REVIEW: Beauty in a Bottle

Beauty in a Bottle is worth the look thanks to its witty and poignant script and terrific performances from its cast.

read more

Diskriminasyon sa Pilipinas, Napatunayan na.

Ang daming pumuna dito.

Arroyo's manicurist named Pag-IBIG board member, Palace confirms
    AIE BALAGTAS SEE, GMANews.TV

Malacañang on Wednesday confirmed reports that President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo's manicurist has been appointed as board member of the Pag-IBIG Housing Fund.

Deputy presidential spokesman Gary Olivar said Anita "Nitz" Carpon has been appointed to the housing agency to represent government employees, even as he defended her from criticisms against her "lowly" status.

"Ang kanya pong kakatawanin is precisely yung maliliit na empleyado na siyang nangangailangan ng serbisyo ng Pag-IBIG (What she will represent are precisely those small employees who need the services of Pag-IBIG). Let us not hold her lowly status against her," Olivar said in the report aired over GMA News’ early evening news program “24 Oras."

Carpon's appointment first appeared on broadsheet Philippine Star when Jarius Bondoc reported in his April 19 column that the manicurist had secured a post at Pag-IBIG and would likely receive a monthly salary of P130,000.

Bondoc also said "no one at the Pag-IBIG Fund cares to answer quiet inquiries" about the issue.

On April 21, Bondoc wrote another column, saying that aside from Carpon, Mrs. Arroyo also appointed her gardener, Armando Macapagal, as deputy of the Luneta Park Administration.

"Professionals among Malacañang’s housekeeping staff are outraged. Not only did Gloria Macapagal Arroyo appoint her personal manicurist to the board of trustees of Pag-IBIG Housing Fund. She also earlier named her gardener as deputy of the Luneta Park Administration. Both postings are improper sinecures, Palace aides murmur," Bondoc's column read.

"A third insider doubts the two appointees’ credentials. Macapagal supposedly landscapes Malacañang lawns but does not manage people. Carpon is not known for financial expertise to oversee the multibillion-peso housing mutual fund of all employees. Nicknamed Nitz, she is often scolded by Arroyo for mismatching presidential handbags and shoes," it added.

In 2002, President Arroyo also appointed her dentist Leonor Tripon-Rosero as board examiner for dentistry. In 2003, Rosero was promoted as commissioner of the Philippine Regulation Commission. Two years after, in January 2005, she was named as PRC chair.—JV, GMANews.TV

Your Personal Jesus F-A Soldier's Avatar
    LOL. Ala Jacksonian democracy pala si Ate Glo.

if these simple people is what it would take to put some decency in some govt offices, why not. i just hope she speaks for the indigent group that she is supposed to represent. wag lang sanang maging langaw na nakatungtong sa kalabaw.

my internet persona
    naknamputa... mag aapply ako as tagabigay ng gamot kay FG para sa kanyang di mamatay matay na sakit sa puso for the hopes na maging AFP Chief of Staff ako or maging Secretary of National Defense

Kababasa ko lang nito sa Yahoo. It could be the right thing to do for GMA but my bad, I have clouds of doubt in my head.

^ sino bang hindi magdududa max? namputs 'tong si nunal oo.

tsk tsk

when will our country start rewarding merits to those who legitimately deserves it?

my internet persona
    puro mga walang kwenta yung mga ina appoint niya. example na lang si Agra... may his soul burn in hell for making abswelto the two senior amapatuans. tsk tsk!!!

¿Somo amigo no somo amigo? c_brain's Avatar
    Anakanamputs nga naman o. Ayan ang kanyang inappoint para madali nya lang mautusan mga yan. Opo, m'am lang yan ng opo m'am.

Potek!

Banned by Admin
    kung ganun.. dapat pala eh isang kapuso ang i-appoint nyang Director ng Heart Center

¿Somo amigo no somo amigo? c_brain's Avatar
    Ano yan, mino-mold nila na tumakbo for presidency for 2016? Waaaah!

my internet persona
    taena, sa mga ganitong pangyayari ko kinahihiya ang PI.

The real issue here is the process these two people went through. It's as if PGMA literally ignored the resumes of people who are just as qualified if not more. Why won't she promote someone who's been working for that particular branch for a long time?

All I see is this is one of those "because I know you personally" favor grants.

I'd like to read the POVs of Pinoy ex-pats who cry DISCRIMINATION in other countries....

-Just_JT
    It.sucks.to.be.treated.second.class.in.your.OWN.COUNTRY.

Quote Originally Posted by JUST_JT View Post
    I'd like to read the POVs of Pinoy ex-pats who cry DISCRIMINATION in other countries....

-Just_JT
    It.sucks.to.be.treated.second.class.in.your.OWN.COUNTRY.
    i think this is a far more different issue than discrimination.
    this should be looked at similar to the president`s special preferrence into appointing retired armed forces officials to her cabinet because of political indebtness or awarding national artist awards to anybody she is close to.
    sure, she is entitled to appoint anybody she feels is qualified but it still paints a bad picture on the selection process she is doing especially in our country that there is a rampant "not what you know, but who you know" mentality.

parang nagdi-distribute na ng mauuto si GMA sa kung saan-saang tanggapan ng gobyerno ah. sakaling umalis nga sya may impluwensya pa rin sya.

curious ako sa mga credentials ng mga na-appoint na 'to. deserving nga kaya talaga mga ito?

Non-Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maccie View Post
    kung ganun.. dapat pala eh isang kapuso ang i-appoint nyang Director ng Heart Center

Yun nga eh, wala naman masama kung talagang deserving yang mga inappoint niya sa position, ang issue dito eh, may motibo sa likod niyan.

Quote Originally Posted by anima9 View Post

All I see is this is one of those "because I know you personally" favor grants.
    exactly. saka para sunod lang ng sunod sa lahat ng sasabihin niya. oh well. job well done.

Discrimination in the Philippines is PART of the CULTURE.

Hindi lang nila alam na discrimination na pala ginagawa nila.

They hate, they make fun of you and they look you down if they don't
    like you.