it's been a while since i talked. I have read the forums and I want every applicant of first cosmo to know that whatever ate pro said about us here is true. First cosmopolitan and ma'am alonto have said tons of lies that has mislead us here.
Here are some of the truths in working in Hawari which is contrary to what the AGENCY AND ALONTO'S GROUP has said:
1. Salary is taxable. for 775, you will receive 675 only. for 875 you will receive 775... The bigger salary you have, the more tax you have. the first 100 is non-taxable, the second 400 or 300 I think is 10% and the remaining will be taxed for 4%. That has been the practice here for quite some time. But the bank releases the money by 5s and 10s. So guess what, the lowness of salary is somehow concealed by the act of receiving bundles of paper money. hahaha
2. The housing allowance that ALONTO said, which she said we had an option to take is also taxable. 150 wouldn't be 150! It is only 99. Imagine how corrupt they are here.
3. You pay for your IQAMA. Do not believe the crap they said that the employer said it is all free... The IQAMA is yearly and cost around 600 dinars. So get this, for 2 years of working, 1200 will be deducted from your total salary for the IQAMA itself. It is a bull.. Not to mention the fees that the bank is asking.
When we opened our account 20 dinars was asked from us. When we saw our bank statement only 5 dinars was reflected and the bank themselves confirmed they only asked 5 dinars from us. They didn't know where the 15 went. They said it is for the passbook? It's only about time they will ask additional money for the passbook again...
4. There is no flat yet. They said they were building some for us. But there are none! Everything is just like hearsay or assumptions. The reason why we are staying in hotel is because they haven't found a place for us to stay. Some already moved out the hotel and went out of the way to pay for their own flats a month or 2 months ago. Until now they are still requesting for the housing accommodation that has not yet arrived.
5. There is no 15% increase yet. They said in time they will give the 15% increase for the special area. But that is just crap. You still have to fight for it and wait for it.
6. Benghazi is not better than Saudi. Yes, you can walk around on your regular clothes (except for sleeveless and shorts) but walking around is far more dangerous. Kids throw stones at you. Mga lalaki nanghihipo.
There is no increase yet for those who have high years of experience.
7. The placement fee. When I received my receipt, Jane wrote the breakdown of the payment. There, she included the visa processing. We told Nadir of this and we also told NADIR about the nurses who had to pay for their tickets to come here, he said he didnt know about that. What he knew is that the hospital paid for everything. We asked if it can be refunded, he said NO. Because what they know is that everything is paid for.
We, have grown tired of asking. When we confront doctor Ali, he would pretend that he is busy so he cannot answer in details the question we are asking him. Our only hope Dr. Izzidin but everytime we go to the office, his secretary blocks us so that he cannot personally talk to him and uncover all anomalies they have been doing.
I really hope the MOH would do something about it. But the problem is we do not know who to run to. The Philippine Embassy is not in Benghazi, it is in tripoli.. We dont know what we would do to complain.
The ALONTO's has established their business in tripoli, restaurant and school. That is what they said. So, dont believe the crap that they care about nurses and that they are the ones in the philippines who reaches out for nurses. That is just a bull. What they saw is an opportunity to suck all nurses of money when they have none. Believe me, mas malaki pa sahod ng domestic helper.
But as what other filipino who has worked here for 8 years, tiisan lang daw. Ask yourself, matitiis mo ba ang ganitong buhay? I'll just finish my contract for a year and I won't go back to this hell hole.
For those who have years of experience, withdraw your application. It is not worth it. Trust me, your wait for other countries will be far more worth it than working here. You have to work with other nationalities who have no manners at all.
Dr. Izzidin is said to come to philippines to recruit more nurses when infact the 81 has not yet left the country. from the 81 thats waiting only a few left. plenty has backed out. I know and I understand those who are waiting might be those who less a year experience or so that seems to be in dire need of experience. if you have no experience, you can learn a lot from here. For those who have relatives here, swerte kayo at least maalagaan talaga kayo. But certainly not worth it for those who have 5 years or 2 years working experience.
Sana di na iallow ng Philippine government ang likes of Alonto and her crew to conduct recruitment activities in the country.